M'sia is an 'international laughing stock' for proposing to revive HSR: Lim Guan Eng

Faris Alfiq |  November 30, 2021, 06:58 PM

Malaysia has become "an international laughing stock" for proposing to revive the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project, the country's opposition member Lim Guan Eng said.

This was after they paid Singapore RM320 million (S$102.8 million) as compensation for terminating the project, he added.

The secretary-general of the Democratic Action Party (DAP) said in a statement posted on his Twitter account on Nov. 30 that the "flip-flop" is "symbolic" of the Perikatan Nasional (PN) and Barisan Nasional (BN) governments' "incompetence and indecisiveness", which has cost taxpayers' money "unnecessarily" for a "start-stop project".

Lim highlighted that the Pakatan Harapan government had only "delayed the project" in 2018 to review the "exorbitant pricing and the cost structure" by the BN government.

However, he said that it was Muhyiddin Yassin's government that was willing to pay the compensation and replace it with KL-Johor Bahru HSR.

"The HSR project is not financially viable and logistically impractical if its rail line stops in Johor Bahru and does not pass through Singapore," Lim said in the statement.

He demanded the resignation of ministers responsible for making the recommendation to terminate the Singapore-KL HSR project.

"Muhyiddin Yassin has already resigned as prime minister," Lim wrote.

He added that the ministers involved, such as Minister for International Trade and Industry Azmin Ali, Economic Affairs Minister Mustapa Mohamad and the Transport Ministry, must explain their decision to terminate the project.

https://mothership.sg/2021/11/malaysia-i...evive-hsr/
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

When Lim GE and Dr. Mad cancelled HSR, they were the laughing stock!
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

I though they are the one who flip and cancel.
Forcing the opposition who is in power now to revive this important project.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(01-12-2021, 02:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I though they are the one who flip and cancel.
Forcing the opposition who is in power now to revive this important project.

On further check Lim only delay.  The next govt decided to cancel and pay compensation.
Then the next govt now wants to revive.

PH only delayed, PN recommended paying compensation

Lim highlighted that the Pakatan Harapan government had only "delayed the project" in 2018 to review the "exorbitant pricing and the cost structure" by the BN government.
However, he said that it was Muhyiddin Yassin's government that was willing to pay the compensation and replace it with KL-Johor Bahru HSR.
"The HSR project is not financially viable and logistically impractical if its rail line stops in Johor Bahru and does not pass through Singapore," Lim said in the statement.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

In out in out in out. They must feel very shiok doing this, screwing the SG govt.

Better to calloff this once and for all. $ saved for both countries.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

(01-12-2021, 02:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  On further check Lim only delay.  The next govt decided to cancel and pay compensation.

For practical and economic reasons, the KL-SG HSR should terminate at Singapore and not at JB.... Rolleyes

(01-12-2021, 03:02 PM)debono Wrote:  For practical and economic reasons, the KL-SG HSR should terminate at Singapore and not at JB.... Rolleyes

Which part of sg

Smile

(01-12-2021, 03:13 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Which part of sg

Don't ask him such difficult question lah. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

Malaysia is the world laughing stock run by politicians who once were clowns in a circus. It's in their dna so nothing surprising or new. Ketuanans boleh.

(01-12-2021, 03:25 PM)Great Wrote:  Malaysia is the world laughing stock run by politicians who once were clowns in a circus. It's in their dna so nothing surprising or new. Ketuanans boleh.

Racist anti Chinese Muslim failed state
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

PN is pro US.
Once takes over, delay and cancel China projects are their main task.
BN is now pro China. Rotfl
Good for China.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-12-2021, 03:13 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Which part of sg

There are a few golf courses that needs to be closed, like Jurong country club, etc....to make way for the proposed HSR station.... Big Grin

Dr M is the culprit.
I do not think Singapore should open any possibility on this again.
What if their government change again next election, this time Dr N said cancel?
This is a Joke!
That's why I think Najib is still the best and consistent!
Malaysia need Najib to revive again.
[+] 2 users Like puntfast2's post

(01-12-2021, 04:48 PM)puntfast2 Wrote:  Dr M is the culprit.
I do not think Singapore should open any possibility on this again.
What if their government change again next election, this time Dr N said cancel?
This is a Joke!
That's why I think Najib is still the best and consistent!
Malaysia need Najib to revive again.

Perhaps it is best that Najib helm the country, where things tend to move fast. Unfortunately he is charge with corruption in the 1 MDB...... crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

As far as Singapore Malaysia relationship is concerned, Najib is the best!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

This pariah, Lim GE, is himself an international laughing stock when he carried Mahathir balls on his head and happily canceled the HSR together. A real piece of shxt....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

All these pratamen r against the the non bumis in their own land.
Yes, only ah jib is good to us cos of $$$...his crazy partner is simply love the dollar sign to buy tons of bags, shoes, n all the ah lian stuff

Rotfl

Rotfl

Rotfl

Rotfl

Rotfl

Laughing

After Anwar met Xi in China... Big Grin

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/interna...s-minister

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(01-12-2021, 02:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  On further check Lim only delay.  The next govt decided to cancel and pay compensation.

malaysia did not pay the compensation at all

Only China can help settle all disputes between Malaysia and Singapore.

Let them revive and cancel a few more times, SG just do nothing.
If they revive, we just "plan", if they cancel, we just collect penalty.

Need mega projects so $ can go into their own pockets. By then next government will clean up the mess and cancel again.

(09-04-2023, 10:27 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  malaysia did not pay the compensation at all

Yup, I recall Kbw said Sg pardon the compensation. Yet in their books it's paid?? Paid to who??!?

Malaysia is already a laughing stock, so is just maintaining it's position.

https://youtu.be/IxCOild3GGY
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

Spore no need to commit anything for now, wait for Msia side complete HSR then reassess the situation to decide if we should let them extend the HSR to Spore.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Don't come here better, the compensation money we can make the Singapore-JB high speed rail and station at Woodland better and nicely and advance.Also just introduce the new ICA system while both side stationed their people next to each other to clear the entry and exit passport.

best is completely write off the idea of this hsr
spore is lready too crowded!!
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(01-12-2021, 07:26 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  This pariah, Lim GE, is himself an international laughing stock when he carried Mahathir balls on his head and happily canceled the HSR together. A real piece of shxt....... Rolleyes
Lim GE already say it's the next govt that cancel. U got insider news that he is involved? Share lah.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..