MP Raeesah Khan admits police station visit not true

A liar will always be a liar

(02-11-2021, 12:42 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Ah.....now I remembered.  He is James Gomez.  He insisted vehemently that he had submitted his application form to stand as a candidate for GE. Actually he did not. He only admitted that he cld have oversight only after the CCTV exposed him.

How come no one commented on this post.  Is it this one can be condoned. Hushed hushed.

(02-11-2021, 10:34 PM)Stoki Wrote:  A liar will always be a liar

You lie before?

(02-11-2021, 01:14 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Point 1;
Under the constitution, a person jail for 1 year or fine at least $2000 disqualified from standing as a candidate for Member of Parliament. 

Khan framing our SPF for abuse act
Lied to;
1 Parliamentary member 
2 Singaporean
3 WP leaders
4 SK voters...

She should be punish accordingly to the above-mentioned. Jail or fine...either or applicable. 

She was warned before GE not to make erroneous statements. 
She promised but failed to kept it.
Not a first timer offender. 

With regards to her short disgraceful records, disqualification will be the only choice left.

Point 2;

The rest is political causes.
Different from Point 1...
Yes, under constitution that is what we have now.. But first someone must file a police case, before a judgement can be passed on RK.

So if SPF think that they have suffered injustice, by all mean file a police case (police reporting a police case, sound funny though).

As for your point, Lied to; 1 Parliamentary member 2 Singaporean 3 WP leaders 4 SK voters, is in short RK lied to Singaporean, but to be exact, you can say she lied in parliament, but is lying in parliament = lying to Singaporean, up to everyone to decide.

To jail her, like what I say, must go thru the juridical system. As for fining, I am not sure if the commission can fine her, but even if they can, I doubt it will trigger the constitution which you mentioned, since I think that is meant for verdicts from juridical system.

As for make erroneous statements before GE, I always say, before GE, she is a nobody, and I still remember I argued with Yang Hua (wonder where is he now) that as a nobody, you are entitled to say anything, as long as it doesn't get you into trouble with the law.

Anyway, let's see how things unfold.. I am sure we will be having mass coverage on this for the next few weeks, if not months, but let's not forget to watch over our COVID situation.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...esah-khans

Assistant Professor Walid Jumblatt Abdullah, from Nanyang Technological University's (NTU) School of Social Sciences, said the party has little choice but to "drop her".

"She may decide to resign of her own accord, and that could work too. But either way, the party has to appear decisive in the wake of what happened," he added.

He noted the party's firm actions against former Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong had helped it win the ensuing by-election.

Mr Yaw was expelled by WP in 2012 for not upholding transparency and accountability when he failed to present himself to the party leadership and explain the allegations of extramarital affairs made against him.

the party din seem to hv done proper screening on her background and past activities? and hv another better candidate?

(03-11-2021, 12:17 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...esah-khans

Assistant Professor Walid Jumblatt Abdullah, from Nanyang Technological University's (NTU) School of Social Sciences, said the party has little choice but to "drop her".

"She may decide to resign of her own accord, and that could work too. But either way, the party has to appear decisive in the wake of what happened," he added.

He noted the party's firm actions against former Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong had helped it win the ensuing by-election.

Mr Yaw was expelled by WP in 2012 for not upholding transparency and accountability when he failed to present himself to the party leadership and explain the allegations of  extramarital affairs made against him.

Yes. 
WP under LKT was very different from Pritnam..

That is the reason why many Singaporean respect LKT...Cheers!!

As for Pritnam, he failed badly with his handling of Khan, since being selected as a candidate of SK MP...

WP wrong move n judgement again..

V silly for them to convene a panel when this cade is so bludy clear cut as sunrise sunset.

Panel wat for??? Simply waste of time n sengkeng's hard earned money!!! My relatives r living there, v disappointed with their silly panel ...simple judgement, decision also cannot make!

She should have the courtesy to step down rather than wait for the disciplinary committee to make the decision. A leopard never changes its spot

(03-11-2021, 08:13 AM)Yin yang Wrote:  WP wrong move n judgement again..

V silly for them to convene a panel when this cade is so bludy clear cut as sunrise sunset.

Panel wat for??? Simply waste of time n sengkeng's hard earned money!!! My relatives r living there, v disappointed with their silly panel ...simple judgement, decision also cannot make!

Won't be surprised Pritnam giving excuse of young age and let her off with verbal warning.. 
Continue to be a SK MP...

She was voted in by SK voters..
As long as she still want to be MP, what can the voters do now?
Petition?  Big Grin

(01-11-2021, 04:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  She is under pressure as they die die want her to give name.

Also, it distracted from the main issue of police interview process- how to improve and prevent malpractices.
I was surprised you die die also insist she is right by defending her.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(02-11-2021, 11:52 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  1. As for your point, Lied to; 1 Parliamentary member 2 Singaporean 3 WP leaders 4 SK voters, is in short RK lied to Singaporean, but to be exact, you can say she lied in parliament, but is lying in parliament = lying to Singaporean, up to everyone to decide.

2. As for make erroneous statements before GE, I always say, before GE, she is a nobody, and I still remember I argued with Yang Hua (wonder where is he now) that as a nobody, you are entitled to say anything, as long as it doesn't get you into trouble with the law.

Point 1 

As a Singaporean, I followed whatever transpired in parliamentary from MP.
Because policy and law in SG will affected, and Singaporean too.

Khan lied in parliament also affects all Singaporean..
In that sense, she lied to all Singaporean. 

Khan was a candidate representing WP for a MP seat in Parliament. 
Cannot claim she is a nobody before GE because that will downgrade all WP MP candidate standards. 
Am I not right?

(03-11-2021, 10:08 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Point 1 

As a Singaporean, I followed whatever transpired in parliamentary from MP.
Because policy and law in SG will affected, and Singaporean too.

Khan lied in parliament also affects all Singaporean..
In that sense, she lied to all Singaporean. 

Khan was a candidate representing WP for a MP seat in Parliament. 
Cannot claim she is a nobody before GE because that will downgrade all WP MP candidate standards. 
Am I not right?

You are not wrong, but do you want to be the judge, jury and executioner.....? Big Grin

During the early years of Workers Party (and other opposition parties) there were so many unknown, no credibility guys stepping forward to contest in the general election. Compare her to them she is hell a lot millions times better than them. In other countries many are worst than her. Let SK voters decide. No one know how the mindset of our minorities.

(01-11-2021, 04:04 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Chop her off or WP will perish soon.
WP hv to handle this unethical liar with prudence. Otherwise, who knows, she may even back-stab and smear WP with untruths too. Such character is questionable.

(03-11-2021, 08:02 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes. 
WP under LKT was very different from Pritnam..

That is the reason why many Singaporean respect LKT...Cheers!!

As for Pritnam, he failed badly with his handling of Khan, since being selected as a candidate of SK MP...

Shouldn't it read as LTK (Low Thia Kiang) as opposed to LKT.....? nudie

(03-11-2021, 10:14 AM)debono Wrote:  You are not wrong, but do you want to be the judge, jury and executioner.....? Big Grin

As a concerned citizen.. Big Grin

(03-11-2021, 10:26 AM)debono Wrote:  Shouldn't it read as LTK (Low Thia Kiang) as opposed to LKT.....? nudie

Ah typo error..mine bad  Wink

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wp...on-persist

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/se...ssion-some

cannot find better one?

(03-11-2021, 11:07 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Ah typo error..mine bad  Wink

It's ok, everybody makes mistakes, anyway it is a small error.... Clapping

(03-11-2021, 10:23 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  WP hv to handle this unethical liar with prudence. Otherwise, who knows, she may even back-stab and smear WP with untruths too. Such character is questionable.

Byelection lo

(03-11-2021, 03:35 PM)Blin Wrote:  Byelection lo

Not sure yet..
Pritam may forgive her and let her stay as MP...

(03-11-2021, 03:35 PM)Blin Wrote:  Byelection lo

Kena byelection ah? No wonder Pritam so undecisive in dealing with a liar....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(03-11-2021, 03:26 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  cannot find better one?

That particular race very difficult. Lower the bar many rungs down and still cannot find. Even PnP also very difficult to find one.

(03-11-2021, 04:33 PM)Stoki Wrote:  That particular race very difficult. Lower the bar many rungs down and still cannot find. Even PnP also very difficult to find one.

No need too bright, but must be honest to Parliament member, Singaporean, WP leaders and voters.. 

So far this quality has not fails us badly...
To Make mistake is human, but all out lying for months until later caught red handed, then apologies is hopeless. 
Such low integrity will not only bring WP down but SG too...

Imagine a few more MP lying in Parliament, accusing civil servant and legal enforcement authority abusing theirs power...

Commoners believe and go against legal enforcement officers...
What will happen to SG then?

Whenever the blacks in US was stopped by enforcement officers, the first thing they do is to challenge authorities racist abuses...
The rest join in the commotion. 
This become the norm in US..

Can SG survive at that stage?
Being a tiny island nation?
Leaders of both sides ruling and opposition must study more in depth towards Khan's problem. 
Ensure it doesn't spread into our Parliament.

(03-11-2021, 04:33 PM)Stoki Wrote:  That particular race very difficult. Lower the bar many rungs down and still cannot find. Even PnP also very difficult to find one.

all the more she shd treasure the opportunity given to her, knowing that there are many with better qualifications and quality than her

(03-11-2021, 06:13 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  all the more she shd treasure the opportunity given to her, knowing that there are many with better qualifications and quality than her

The SK ward will need to recruit a minor candidate to replace Ms Khan...... crying