Malaysia- The TRUTH and reality of its low per capita GDP...

Kuala Lumpur is now the no. 1 destination for Japanese migration. We are not talking about happy tourists like iChang whose videos have promoted Malaysia as a tourist destination to Japan but  thousands of digital normals seek a good place to work and live.

[Image: Krx6GqI.jpg]

Malaysia as a country is not yet a developed country. Yet when you look at KL the per capita GDP is US$30K this year and the per capita GDP of a developed country is US$15K. KlL is on par with Spain and Italy and exceeds many parts of Europe. Not only that the lower cost of living and taxes there means the residents enjoy higher purchasing power than the whole of Europe and Singapore when one looks at purchasing power  parity. For example a worker with median salary in KL can easily afford a car and freehold condo but this has become an impossibility in Singapore for the average Joe.

I know many will be offended if I say the average person in KL.has a better life than the average person jn Singaporean. Itbis something mentally hard to accept due to pride and prejudice...and a tinge of rivalry and arrogance in our hearts but it is what it is. 

Malaysia as a whole has low GDP because a large part of its populace lives in rural areas earning farmers salary and refuse to move to the cities due to many  generations of living off the land and sea - they just continue to keep the tradition. There is no "great exodus" like in Singapore history where hundreds of thousands were resettled from large farms and villages to small HDB flats under the Land Acquisition Act where the govt took back the land for our reserves paying non market prices.

Malaysia indeed has a serious problem of indecisive govt that does not force the people. Hence causing the people to lead a laid back life instead of striving for higher GDP for the country and to push up property prices. Malaysia under Anwar will be no different.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Now sgbutt is talking up Malaysia? You just bought a house there is it?

If you think that Malaysia is good, then China is even better, and yet you day in day out are condemning China. Why dun you go there and take a look at their lives?

Ignore List: Oyk

(12-11-2023, 03:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Now sgbutt is talking up Malaysia? You just bought a house there is it?

If you think that Malaysia is good, then China is even better, and yet you day in day out are condemning China. Why dun you go there and take a look at their lives?

Just one line of thinking you are free to dispute.

If you find China is better feel free to explain why. I did not mention China at all as I was looking at data on wher edigital nomad prefer to stay given they have the whole world to choose and Malaysia ranks very high.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-11-2023, 02:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Kuala Lumpur is now the no. 1 destination for Japanese migration. We are not talking about happy tourists like iChang whose videos have promoted Malaysia as a tourist destination to Japan but  thousands of digital normals seek a good place to work and live.

[Image: Krx6GqI.jpg]

Malaysia as a country is not yet a developed country. Yet when you look at KL the per capita GDP is US$30K this year and the per capita GDP of a developed country is US$15K. KlL is on par with Spain and Italy and exceeds many parts of Europe. Not only that the lower cost of living and taxes there means the residents enjoy higher purchasing power than the whole of Europe and Singapore when one looks at purchasing power  parity. For example a worker with median salary in KL can easily afford a car and freehold condo but this has become an impossibility in Singapore for the average Joe.

I know many will be offended if I say the average person in KL.has a better life than the average person jn Singaporean. Itbis something mentally hard to accept due to pride and prejudice...and a tinge of rivalry and arrogance in our hearts but it is what it is. 

Malaysia as a whole has low GDP because a large part of its populace lives in rural areas earning farmers salary and refuse to move to the cities due to many  generations of living off the land and sea - they just continue to keep the tradition. There is no "great exodus" like in Singapore history where hundreds of thousands were resettled from large farms and villages to small HDB flats under the Land Acquisition Act where the govt took back the land for our reserves paying non market prices.

Malaysia indeed has a serious problem of indecisive govt that does not force the people. Hence causing the people to lead a laid back life instead of striving for higher GDP for the country and to push up property prices. Malaysia under Anwar will be no different.

Why Malaysian news recently talking up they cannot retire in Malaysia? 🤔
After withdrawal of EPF during covid.

Who is telling the truth?

Alamak, sg you complain, china you complain, now Malaysia you aso complain?

If you aso complain about India and assmarrycunt, then no place on this earth is gd enough for you already

(12-11-2023, 04:57 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Alamak, sg you complain, china you complain, now Malaysia you aso complain?

If you aso complain about India and assmarrycunt, then no place on this earth is gd enough for you already

Don't be a fool...every country also have pros and cons.
Do not be one sided in your views.

(12-11-2023, 05:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Don't be a fool...every country also have pros and cons.
Do not be one sided in your views.

Complain so much for what? Many things you could do to improve your own conditions, but you'd rather remain as a fool and do nothing

(12-11-2023, 04:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just one line of thinking you are free to dispute.

If you find China is better feel free to explain why. I did not mention China at all as I was looking at data on wher edigital nomad prefer to stay given they have the whole world to choose and Malaysia ranks very high.

You know why people here mock you? The reason is that every time you brought up something, whether it's for it or against it, it's because you have vested interest. You are not really interested in the truth. Lately you've been promoting Malaysia but that's because you harbour the intention to buy a property there. Then you post videos and news to justify your own deduction. You want to bring ppl to horlan izzit?

Ignore List: Oyk

(12-11-2023, 08:46 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You know why people here mock you? The reason is that every time you brought up something, whether it's for it or against it, it's because you have vested interest. You are not really interested in the truth. Lately you've been promoting Malaysia but that's because you harbour the intention to buy a property there. Then you post videos and news to justify your own deduction. You want to bring ppl to horlan izzit?

I have no vested interest.
If itbis a good idea to buy property jn Malaysia then I will consider when I have money if it is not a good idea then I won't buy.

Those who mock others often due to their preconceived notions and bias ...attack someone when itbis against jlheir own bias.

Never trust the Japs, they could be preparing for the next invasion of South East Asia.

Think harder. Why only the Japs interested in Malaysia? Why not the Americans or Scandinavians?

KL better than JB or Malacca or Penang?