More S'poreans prefer strong leader over democratic govt

https://mothership.sg/2023/09/singaporea...overnment/
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Democracy doesn't equal to Disharmony, 
Go against government with good performance or 
Blindly voting for weak political parties just for change. 

Who set this rule?

Democracy is all about the majority votes from the people, as their choice of government. 
Giving them a better lives, with peaceful, safe environment. Jobs, Education, Health care, etc...
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Power tends to corrupt.

Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely Big Grin

Lord Acton

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Full quote.

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.”

Lord Acton

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Naive folks please go read Animal Farm
Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(15-09-2023, 12:15 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Democracy doesn't equal to Disharmony, 
Go against government with good performance or 
Blindly voting for weak political parties just for change. 

Who set this rule?

Democracy is all about the majority votes from the people, as their choice of government. 
Giving them a better lives, with peaceful, safe environment. Jobs, Education, Health care, etc...

There is never this thing called blindly voting.

Since sinkie land alway pride itself operating as Sinkie Inc, I alway use the corporate world standard in my view.

We got an existing vendor who still on the job for too long, and the value proposition that they are offering get lower and lower and they increase in price but lower in service standard. So as a customer, you either:

1) Continue to suck thumb and still with this vendor, coz fear of change.. After all, it is Sinkie Inc pocket that is affected, not yours
2) Call for a new tender and get a new vendor. Once the existing vendor know you are willing to go for a new vendor, they will buck up in order to win you back. Of coz, the new vendor may turn out to be lousy, but you never give them a chance, you never know.

But, as the customers, are we choosing 1 or 2? At the end of the day as a customer, we just want value for money.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

Huat ah hoot ah

Now no more LKY
The son like a “ headless chicken “

Like no direction. His 4g he create the team is different from LKY team.

(15-09-2023, 10:50 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  There is never this thing called blindly voting.

Since sinkie land alway pride itself operating as Sinkie Inc, I alway use the corporate world standard in my view.

We got an existing vendor who still on the job for too long, and the value proposition that they are offering get lower and lower and they increase in price but lower in service standard. So as a customer, you either:

1) Continue to suck thumb and still with this vendor, coz fear of change.. After all, it is Sinkie Inc pocket that is affected, not yours
2) Call for a new tender and get a new vendor. Once the existing vendor know you are willing to go for a new vendor, they will buck up in order to win you back. Of coz, the new vendor may turn out to be lousy, but you never give them a chance, you never know.

But, as the customers, are we choosing 1 or 2? At the end of the day as a customer, we just want value for money.

"Of coz, the new vendor may turn out to be lousy, but you never give them a chance, you never know"

This is my point.
Our new vendor, who is it?
Which party can kick out the incumbent and rule? 
The only hope is a united coalition opposition party. The party WP with the most seats taking the lead, Pritam as PM. And the rest TCB, Dr Chee, Lim as the cabinet minister. 

Look at our neighbouring countries, ex Malaysia, that is the only way, to be the new vendor for the voters.
Singapore's Opposition is way behind in standard. 

Not to talk about your own sinkie land. Wherever it is.

Never expect Singaporeans to vote a monkey just to spite the incumbent. That kind of foolishness can only be found in your own sinkie land. Cheers!

As usual.
Angmo putting words into mouths of singkies.

Pew Survey is flaw. We are a democracy, like others in survey.
democracy is a good mechanism but does not guarantee
country going the right way.
Country must able to majulah and not stuck and rot.

Also more say criticise is alright wat.
Of course criticise and smearing are different thing.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(15-09-2023, 09:13 AM)Levin Wrote:  https://mothership.sg/2023/09/singaporea...overnment/

I support a democratic society lah! Big Grin National Pledge mah!

(16-09-2023, 09:53 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I support a democratic society lah! Big Grin National Pledge mah!
I thought you say you going late purposely, therefore did not participate in democratic process.  Big Grin

(01-09-2023, 08:29 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  They refused to let me in leh! Big Grin Not my fault lah!

(16-09-2023, 10:25 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  ...
I thought you say you going late purposely, therefore did not participate in democratic process.  Big Grin

I was outside but didn't go in until pass 8pm lah! Big Grin They said close shop liao lah!

(16-09-2023, 10:31 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I was outside but didn't go in until pass 8pm lah! Big Grin They said close shop liao lah!

Then you do it intentionally and you dislike democratic process  Big Grin

(15-09-2023, 10:50 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  There is never this thing called blindly voting.

Fully agree with you. 

The incumbent contractor may think that you are so dependent on them and they may just cut the corners. 

A contractor that meets the specs of contract with a price advantage can be tried out. They may turn out to be more vfm!

A retailer may sell "{Japanese species sweet potatoes" from Vietnamese farmers as "Japanese sweet potatoes" at Japanese sweet potatoes price. 
This is a deception which cannot be accepted and must be called out!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

Sinkies prefer a strong leader cos they have seen a LKY who has the best of intention to make Spore prosper, and who actually achieved it.

If they have been under a strong but self-enriching leader then they wouldn't have preferred it.

So end of the day, sinkies preferring strong leader or democratic govt has no meaning. It's just like someone saying he prefer eating chicken meat to beef.

The question is biased in the first place. "Democratic govt" and "leader with a strong hand" are not mutually exclusive. Why can't we have both?

E.g. Margaret Thatcher was a strong-hand leader and she was also a democratic leader who won free elections.

(16-09-2023, 10:42 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Then you do it intentionally and you dislike democratic process  Big Grin

I'm democratic because I can do whatever I want lah! Big Grin If I'm communistic sure die one lah!

(16-09-2023, 11:22 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I'm democratic because I can do whatever I want lah! Big Grin If I'm communistic sure die one lah!

So what you can do? 

Repent till next election lah Big Grin

A strong leader who goes after his own siblings.

Can become like Putin

(16-09-2023, 09:17 AM)moonrab Wrote:  "Of coz, the new vendor may turn out to be lousy, but you never give them a chance, you never know"

This is my point.
Our new vendor, who is it?
Which party can kick out the incumbent and rule? 
The only hope is a united coalition opposition party. The party WP with the most seats taking the lead, Pritam as PM. And the rest TCB, Dr Chee, Lim as the cabinet minister. 

Look at our neighbouring countries, ex Malaysia, that is the only way, to be the new vendor for the voters.
Singapore's Opposition is way behind in standard. 

Not to talk about your own sinkie land. Wherever it is.

Never expect Singaporeans to vote a monkey just to spite the incumbent. That kind of foolishness can only be found in your own sinkie land. Cheers!

Then my question is, who did you vote for in the last GE? If an unknown vendor wasn't given a chance, how can it prove itself?

In your mind, you only have WP as opposition. Then you have only 2 vendors. Why can't we have 3 or more vendors? The question is, you are giving these vendor a chance to prove themselves? If you didn't, then think to rethink what you want.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(16-09-2023, 11:04 AM)Fit Wrote:  Fully agree with you. 

The incumbent contractor may think that you are so dependent on them and they may just cut the corners. 

A contractor that meets the specs of contract with a price advantage can be tried out. They may turn out to be more vfm!

A retailer may sell "{Japanese species sweet potatoes" from Vietnamese farmers as "Japanese sweet potatoes" at Japanese sweet potatoes price. 
This is a deception which cannot be accepted and must be called out!
I am just thinking in a way most sinkie practice at work. We are bound to make procurement 1 way or another, and there will be procurement policies in place to make life different for you (some see it that way).

If we follow procurement policies at work, why can't we use that in other things, including EP.

(16-09-2023, 09:30 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Then my question is, who did you vote for in the last GE? If an unknown vendor wasn't given a chance, how can it prove itself?

In your mind, you only have WP as opposition. Then you have only 2 vendors. Why can't we have 3 or more vendors? The question is, you are giving these vendor a chance to prove themselves? If you didn't, then think to rethink what you want.

1 vs 1 fight you can expect a real change of Government. 
1 vs 3, not possible. That's what we seen for the past decades. 
Weak opposition parties blaming voters for not sending them into parliament. Like the seller blaming the buyer for not purchasing.

(16-09-2023, 10:18 PM)moonrab Wrote:  1 vs 1 fight you can expect a real change of Government. 
1 vs 3, not possible. That's what we seen for the past decades. 
Weak opposition parties blaming voters for not sending them into parliament. Like the seller blaming the buyer for not purchasing.

You never give them a chance but just blame them as weak sellers. Served you right to be charged sky high fee for subpar services.

another propaganda to justify the "votes"......same as new citizens votes....why go through the wayang? very pathetic indeed!

(16-09-2023, 11:47 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  So what you can do? 

Repent till next election lah Big Grin

I can do many things I want or not lah! Big Grin But I'm lazy to do anything lah!

(17-09-2023, 12:52 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  You never give them a chance but just blame them as weak sellers. Served you right to be charged sky high fee for subpar services.

Don't blame me lah.
If they are selfish politicians, whom don't want to unite together for the sake of Singaporean. 

Base on your corporate theory. A weak company doesn't deserve to be in business. Don't blindly blame the consumers. 

When your competitors having one hundred product lines. And you only have one. Why must the consumer buy from you. Probably you yourself will not too.

Singapore Opposition must look further from Singapore politics. And learn from overseas opposition, how they merged into one main stronger party. Forcing a 1 vs 1 fight.

Btw, I am OK with Singapore cost of living. With the safe and convenient amenities environment. So far, no other places can offer.

It's the way the survey posted the question IE do you prefer to have either strong leader or democratic govt?

The question is either or so, only given participants one choice.

If the survey offers you to pick one out of three, the answer will be different..

1. Strong leaders and democratic govt
2. Strong leaders
3. Democratic govt

I will pick No.1