Person Went to Chinese Wedding Dinner Without Giving Angbao;

Person Went to Chinese Wedding Dinner Without Giving Angbao; Bride Contacted Friend Shortly After

👉 https://goodyfeed.com/go-wedding-no-give-angbao/

Follow us on Instagram for exclusive videos and articles: https://www.instagram.com/goody.feed/

Couple who wish to hold wedding banquet at expensive restaurant must consider for guests who have affordability problems and should be prepared to write off some who didn't pay. If so calculative, then don't act atas but expect all guests to foot the bill for you. That is cheapskate!
[+] 2 users Like Instinct's post

Normally relative side will lugi. Rotfl

Friends and colleagues shd gain.

My Malay friend told me he got 1 relative brought whole kampong came for his wedding banquet only $2 green packet.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

This ang pow custom is really ridiculous. If they can't afford to host an expensive wedding dinner, then have a simpler, cheaper one.

Guests shouldn't be made to foot their bill. Their presence should be enough for the wedding couple. They can always decline but they chose to turn up. Ang pow size shouldn't be at market rate or whatever. It should be up to the guests.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

If your guests mostly not rich shouldn’t hold at atas restaurant
Some even placed a table in front door n record how much your Ang pow bef letting u in.

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

have wedding dinner is to celebrate with friends and family etc
dont measure by amount of cash

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 2 users Like wendychan's post

The moral of the lesson is no need hold wedding dinner spend monies. Do and let ppl see and yet at same time scared cannot recoup back lose monies. Got monies then do else don't do.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Best eat chicken rice hold at kopi tiam.
Guests not pressurised to give big Ang pow.

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(18-12-2023, 08:55 PM)wendychan Wrote:  have wedding dinner is to celebrate with friends and family etc
dont measure by  amount of cash

In theory it should be as you said.

In practice there's emotional blackmail. If you give less than 1/10 the price for a table, you will be REMEMBERED as cheapskate, low classed, moocher, lacking good parental upbringing yadda yadda. So you want face, you lan lan fork out the money...

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(18-12-2023, 09:13 PM)sgh Wrote:  The moral of the lesson is no need hold wedding dinner spend monies. Do and let ppl see and yet at same time scared cannot recoup back lose monies. Got monies then do else don't do.

A hotel is a place for tourists. I don't know how it became a place for wedding banquets.

I think the Malays got it right. Just do it at your residence...the void deck. It's so much cheaper

(18-12-2023, 09:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  A hotel is a place for tourists. I don't know how it became a place for wedding banquets.

I think the Malays got it right. Just do it at your residence...the void deck. It's so much cheaper

KNnbccb! How about fuucking yor mother in the void deck? not only it's cheaper I can help you collect the money

[Image: f2KVBdi.jpg]

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED

(18-12-2023, 09:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  A hotel is a place for tourists. I don't know how it became a place for wedding banquets.

The cheapest is no need do at all even void deck also no need. Some couple is go overseas tour also wedding together so monies spent on pamper themselves not to spend monies give parents face in front of relatives.

(18-12-2023, 11:24 PM)sgh Wrote:  The cheapest is no need do at all even void deck also no need. Some couple is go overseas tour also wedding together so monies spent on pamper themselves not to spend monies give parents face in front of relatives.

A marriage is supposed to be a joyous milestone in the couple's life.

Ideally there's true love and not one of just following the flow... must get married, age is catching up, if not now, when? So get married and get it over with..

That kind of marriage will be shortlived because women today earn good money and unlike those two generations ago will not hesitate to file for divorce.

So if a marriage is a happy event of the union of a man and a woman, it calls for a celebration which cones with a feast.

In ancient China the feast was held at home, never at an inn that's meant for travellers. I think every race of peepur celebrates the occasion. I don't agree that we should cut it down to a barebone event just to avoid spending even one cent on the feast... or if you like, banquet.

But if you are by nature and in real life an introvert, you may have a serious problem filling up 40 tables. You have so few friends that you'd end up inviting even a new colleague in the office who just joined the company three days ago.

But that's not yet the end of your problems. On D Day, you'd be so socially awkward with 400 guests whom you had hardly spoken to, that you'd wish that the kitchen serves the dishes faster and the banquet can be over by 8.15 pm and you can go home...

(19-12-2023, 12:56 AM)Oyk Wrote:  once moi died

one of these will be placed over moi mouth daily during wake

my fan made for moi
envy much?

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk SHALL DIE IN AGONY
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk SHAME TO HUMAN
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk DEFECTIVE BEING
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk a GODs REJECT

(18-12-2023, 08:06 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Person Went to Chinese Wedding Dinner Without Giving Angbao; Bride Contacted Friend Shortly After

👉 https://goodyfeed.com/go-wedding-no-give-angbao/

Follow us on Instagram for exclusive videos and articles: https://www.instagram.com/goody.feed/

Yar, this practice is getting out of whack these days. Hotels are charging weekday dinners anywhere from $200 - $350 per pax now and another $50 surcharge for Friday and Saturday nights.

This is an outrageous amount considering the quality of the food is mostly sub-par. Some smaller hotels even outrightly outsource the entire menu to other restaurants and simply provide the venue and service staff.

I recalled this funny incident last year when I attended a wedding dinner. Went to the toilet and on the way saw piles of Tung Lok bags strewn across the narrow passage way behind the toilet.

Kay Poh a bit snooped around only to find hotel staff busy removing the cold plate starters from Tung Lok bags and preparing to serve them in the banquet hall. I was essentially paying $250 for what is essentially a $80 meal in the same restaurant.

I have a different perspective on this matter above.  Most of you folks somehow digressed into how expensive these hotel wedding dinners cost.

But the original post here is saying that the person who attended the wedding didn’t even give an angpow.

That to me is sibei chow kuan. If no money to give, then why still go eat for free???

Pruss I read that this guy in question was recently back with his family from a trip to Japan.  So he probably had the financial means to do so.  Meaning he prioritized his trip to Japan over giving an ang pow Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(19-12-2023, 11:48 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I have a different perspective on this matter above.  Most of you folks somehow digressed into how expensive these hotel wedding dinners cost.

But the original post here is saying that the person who attended the wedding didn’t even give an angpow.

That to me is sibei chow kuan. If no money to give, then why still go eat for free???

Pruss I read that this guy in question was recently back with his family from a trip to Japan.  So he probably had the financial means to do so.  Meaning he prioritized his trip to Japan over giving an ang pow Sad

I suppose such things happen especially when you invite a large number of people. People who don't pay, pay derisory amounts, put blank paper, last minute fly aeroplane etc. These are bad people for sure, but quite common so nothing much to comment on for most forumers I think.

I encountered a few such cases during my wedding dinner many many years ago and simply shrugged and wrote off the expenses.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

When one intended to host a wedding dinner. He should prepare to foot all the bills with all generosity . Even if the guest didn't turn up, the seat will be empty but the same amount of food is served .Price still the same need to be paid. Wedding dinner won't make yr marriage life happier eternally.No money have dinner at home la.😴

(19-12-2023, 12:56 AM)Oyk Wrote:  A marriage is supposed to be a joyous milestone in the couple's life.

Ideally there's true love and not one of just following the flow... must get married, age is catching up, if not now, when? So get married and get it over with..

That kind of marriage will be shortlived because women today earn good money and unlike those two generations ago will not hesitate to file for divorce.

So if a marriage is a happy event of the union of a man and a woman, it calls for a celebration which cones with a feast.

In ancient China the feast was held at home, never at an inn that's meant for travellers. I think every race of peepur celebrates the occasion. I don't agree that we should cut it down to a barebone event just to avoid spending even one cent on the feast... or if you like, banquet.

But if you are by nature and in real life an introvert, you may have a serious problem filling up 40 tables. You have so few friends that you'd end up inviting even a new colleague in the office who just joined the company three days ago.

But that's not yet the end of your problems. On D Day, you'd be so socially awkward with 400 guests whom you had hardly spoken to, that you'd wish that the kitchen serves the dishes faster and the banquet can be over by 8.15 pm and you can go home...

Write so much also come down to my earlier post Got monies then do, no monies don't beat swell face skin pretend to be fatty. If I can reset time I would not get married or have kids else I should be now retiring and not work face green green feed family delaying my retirement for so many years a super rugi deal.

(19-12-2023, 01:34 PM)sgh Wrote:  Write so much also come down to my earlier post Got monies then do, no monies don't beat swell face skin pretend to be fatty. If I can reset time I would not get married or have kids else I should be now retiring and not work face green green feed family delaying my retirement for so many years a super rugi deal.

You talk so much, so you are whining about being trapped in an unhappy marriage with estranged kids.

Consider yourself lucky to belong to the older generation when women didn't easily file for divorce and you kena gao gao from the WC.  Rotfl

My first portion in the earlier post was talking about you, though I didn't know earlier.   Rolleyes

(19-12-2023, 01:53 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You talk so much, so you are whining about being trapped in an unhappy marriage with estranged kids.

Consider yourself lucky to belong to the older generation when women didn't easily file for divorce and you kena gao gao from the WC.  Rotfl

My first portion in the earlier post was talking about you, though I didn't know earlier.   Rolleyes

So I smart to play the game if she can find fault come sue me with WC lor but so far she found none. Soon I will engage PI spy her back but then knowing Spore got WC protect them so need to consider monies give PI earn free rugi or not.

(19-12-2023, 12:17 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  When one intended to host a wedding dinner. He should prepare to foot all the bills with all generosity . Even if the guest didn't turn up, the seat will be empty but the same amount of food is served .Price still the same need to be paid. Wedding dinner won't make yr marriage life happier eternally.No money have dinner at home la.😴

Above in bold is the moral of the lesson but you see in this world some ppl really want face lar want to let whole world know. My elder brother marry a Msia ger die hubby already also do big big and she come with two teenage children from dead hubby. My elder bro say those are his kids and now grown up go Japan tour my elder bro give monies. The dead father must be real happy got another man help to feed his own kids after he died. More classic is got one year CNY eve the dead hubby parents come to my elder bro home to eat?!?!?! They want to spy their own grandchildren new father house big or not. I see those Msian dead hubby parents no up borrow Spore man monies help feed your grandchildren? Then now got one is son grow up don't do NS elder bro need pay foreigner fees for his Secondary all the way to Uni monies.

My elder bro eyes stuck with stamp or kena kong tao from that Msia ger lor.

(19-12-2023, 01:53 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You talk so much, so you are whining about your daughter trapped in an unhappy marriage with estranged kids.

You must make them happy like how I did with my granddaughter

Consider yourself lucky to have me around to show you how.

See peekture below no need to explain until got no saliva. Rotfl

[Image: sBfAzAI.jpg]

Thank you very much for your timely advice. Love

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED