Repossession of Apartments owned by Singaporeans in Batam

(20-12-2021, 07:39 PM)wulala Wrote:  looks like more to come in the near future, many 30 years lease sold to SGrean.

In the near future, many HDB flats will be left with 30+ years lease too. Sad

(21-12-2021, 10:33 AM)sgxin Wrote:  In the near future, many HDB flats will be left with 30+ years lease too. Sad

Then there will be a strong protests from the heartlanders...... Angry

(21-12-2021, 08:48 AM)hero Wrote:  peanut ur head, some properties there have respectable tenant like banyan tree and so on, smelly smelly cost SGD $400k

Dont talk cok lah. I was marketing the apartments there 30+ yrs ago. Were u born then?

(21-12-2021, 11:28 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  Dont talk cok lah. I was marketing the apartments there 30+ yrs ago. Were u born then?
All those rubbish agents also hit and run.  Why they bothers what will happened 30 years later down the road?
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(21-12-2021, 08:44 AM)hero Wrote:  they tried to sell me those properties, claiming 30+30+20 and whatever shit. sure renew, all legal black and white done by professional lawyers, they claim. 

I never fall for their shit

I think you should buy based on 30yr lease without renewal because it is subject to govt allowing the renewal and price can be set to any level for renewal.

If one buys a $50K property stay for 30yrs for retirement it is reasonable and worth it.

You can't go and assume a lease can be renewed at reasonable price....when they market it they can say but you cannot depend on it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(21-12-2021, 10:33 AM)sgxin Wrote:  In the near future, many HDB flats will be left with 30+ years lease too. Sad

If you are 60yrs old with a 70yrs old HDB.
Switch to a 30yr left one...pocket the difference in cash and that js your retirement sum.

It's good to have HDB with 30yrs left. .Means original tenant enjoy 70 good yrs there and 50 yrs rent free living.

Unlike many I do not view leasehold negatively. People should be educated on this.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Long long Qs for 30 yr leasehold flats in HK....here we r spoilt with choices.

(20-12-2021, 06:06 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Stoopid sinkees.

Phua chu kang already said dont buy anything from JB, Batam and Bintang.

Not just JB, but anywhere in Malaysia, and also all of Indonesia.

If you want to stay there for a long term, just rent.

(21-12-2021, 02:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Not just JB, but anywhere in Malaysia, and also all of Indonesia.

If you want to stay there for a long term, just rent.

I agree with your statement....anywhere in Malaysia and Indonesia should be avoided... Laughing

(21-12-2021, 11:37 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  All those rubbish agents also hit and run.  Why they bothers what will happened 30 years later down the road?

So u r also saying HDB hit and run too with 99yrs lease. U also another goondu who cant think.

Or u saying agent bluff buyers that 30yrs means forever?  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(21-12-2021, 02:57 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  So u r also saying HDB hit and run too with 99yrs lease. U also another goondu who cant think.

30yrs foreigners apt is a well known thing for those buying Indonesian property.  It's to address needs of retirees settling in Bali etc.

It is also common for agent and salesman to say easily renew or "sure can renew". But common sense will tell you that such things will have problem.

The dispute posted is by buyers who have too optimistic expectations...or are trying to gain something.

If one goes in with eyes open and treat the property as 30yr lease...one should be quite happy to live in a low cost area.

People shouldn't go and bad mouth indonesian and Malaysian over this. I don't think they did anything wrong. ...or are underhanded

(21-12-2021, 03:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  30yrs foreigners apt is a well known thing for those buying Indonesian property.  It's to address needs of retirees settling in Bali etc.

It is also common for agent and salesman to say easily renew or "sure can renew". But common sense will tell you that such things will have problem.

The dispute posted is by buyers who have too optimistic expectations...or are trying to gain something.

If one goes in with eyes open and treat the property as 30yr lease...one should be quite happy to live in a low cost area.

Plse don't go and bad mouth indonesian and Malaysian over this.

Renew is not FREE. its better just go buy another cheap apartment thats brand new.

(21-12-2021, 03:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  30yrs foreigners apt is a well known thing for those buying Indonesian property.  It's to address needs of retirees settling in Bali etc.

Plse don't go and bad mouth indonesian and Malaysian over this.

30 years can pass by in the twinkle of an eye..... nudie

(21-12-2021, 03:28 PM)debono Wrote:  30 years can pass by in the twinkle of an eye..... nudie
If you are 60yrs old....I think 30yrs is more than enough.

Such apartment are for retirees. 

Retirees actually want shorter leases rather than long leases that are more expensive.

30yr lease is legitimate and useful.

I don't see any issue.

(21-12-2021, 03:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you are 60yrs old....I think 30yrs is more than enough.

You are right, cos the average age of a man in Singapore is 85.... Big Grin

(21-12-2021, 03:26 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Renew is not FREE. its better just go buy another cheap apartment thats brand new.
Those who buy for retirement are  unlikely to renew.

I heard this group having dispute bought a 25yr lease and some of them retire at 45yrs. ...

Now lease end and you are still alive facing eviction at 70yr old ...not a nice situation but cannot blame the indo govt.

(20-12-2021, 08:26 PM)debono Wrote:  It certainly is a scam..... crying

If it's written in black and white, it's not a scam but buyer beware.

(21-12-2021, 03:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those who buy for retirement are  unlikely to renew.

I heard this group having dispute bought a 25yr lease and some of them retire at 45yrs. ...

Now lease end and you are still alive facing eviction at 70yr old ...not a nice situation but cannot blame the indo govt.

It is a no brainer, when a 45-year-old buys a property in Batam with a leasehold of 25 years, cos at 70 many are still alive and kicking..... Clapping

(21-12-2021, 10:11 AM)debono Wrote:  Are you one of them that buy these houses for keeping mistress...? Laughing Rotfl
Maybe he is kept there?

(21-12-2021, 02:57 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  So u r also saying HDB hit and run too with 99yrs lease. U also another goondu who cant think.

Rubbish agents may mention it is 30 years but everything else are so good.

(21-12-2021, 03:40 PM)guffaw Wrote:  Maybe he is kept there?

You mean he could be a small white face...? Laughing Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(20-12-2021, 07:39 PM)wulala Wrote:  looks like more to come in the near future, many 30 years lease sold to SGrean.
It does not matters whether it is a 30 yrs or 99 yrs lease, if they hv motives to scam Singaporeans.

(21-12-2021, 11:28 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  Dont talk cok lah. I was marketing the apartments there 30+ yrs ago. Were u born then?

You were involved in the scam 30 years ago?............ Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(21-12-2021, 03:52 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It does not matters whether it is a 30 yrs or 99 yrs lease, if they hv motives to scam Singaporeans.

very true, cause we always have no say in a foreign country

(21-12-2021, 03:54 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You were involved in the scam 30 years ago?............ Thinking

Dont anyhow say scam lah. Liddat HDB is world biggest scamer and sinkees r all dumbfarks! Laughing

Why so many dumbfarks in this thread huh?

(21-12-2021, 03:45 PM)debono Wrote:  You mean he could be a small white face...? Laughing Rotfl

Finally u find another dumbfark who match your stupidity.  Laughing