Pritam Singh advocates for English test in Singapore citizenship, PR applications

(28-02-2023, 12:11 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  come on

german got german test
japan got japanese test

USA got USA test

come on

singapore must have english and singlish test

fail either means no PR and citizenship

come on

singapore will be fair for everyone if we have  both  english and singlish test

What is USA test? Laughing

Poiny confirm can they say they use business English.
Tiong idk....
Ceca...nb..

I think the test should focus on how well they know Singapore and it's history rather than on language. We are a multi racial multi lingual society, we are not ang moh we don't converse in English all the time.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

I think the best is to test them Hokkien dialect as this is the most widely use language in streets. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(28-02-2023, 08:41 AM)winbig Wrote:  What is USA test? Laughing

knn you never take or apply USA citizenship test huh?

i taken usa citizenship test before
one of the questions is
what does the 13 strips on the stars and banners national flag represent?
if you get it wrong
the computer will display "go  back to  where you come from"

(28-02-2023, 08:19 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Yr lj england full of cb mistakes, how to pass?

heng ar

i pass the USA citizenship test

heng ar

(28-02-2023, 10:09 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  knn you never take or apply USA citizenship test huh?

one of the questions is
if you get it wrong

I'm not a ang moh wannabe so I never thought of taking USA citizenship test.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(28-02-2023, 10:09 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  knn you never take or apply USA citizenship test huh?

one of the questions is
if you get it wrong

Those tests are in mcq formats. There're immigration consultants who would provide sets of standard answers for you to memorise, so even illiterate applicants can pass with flying colours.

Same for driving tests, college admission tests and etc

(27-02-2023, 08:25 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...eo-3309261

Unless this requirement is implemented with a significant tightening in new citizenship quota, the only thing this will achieve is to result in a massive increase of new citizens from India.

I am very disappointed with such a harebrained recommendation that is not thought through properly from Pritam Singh...
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

good in talking not equal to good in working.

we all know who is talking with their sneaky tongue.

(28-02-2023, 10:30 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Unless this requirement is implemented with a significant tightening in new citizenship quota, the only thing this will achieve is to result in a massive increase of new citizens from India.

I am very disappointed with such a harebrained recommendation that is not thought through properly from Pritam Singh...

Still remember RK was chosen to be MP? 
Much tax payer money was wasted in debate.

(28-02-2023, 10:45 AM)Oasis Wrote:  Still remember RK was chosen to be MP? 
Much tax payer money was wasted in debate.

On the RK issue I am more forgiving towards Pritam. Both parties have gotten crappy MPs in the past and naturally the available pool is much smaller for WP, so getting stuck with the occasional lousy caliber person is understandable. 

This English recommendation is different -  a totally unforced error coming from the WP and not even from a random MP but the Leader of Opposition. To make matters worse, him being of Indian ethnicity (albeit a Singh) making a recommendation that obviously benefits India Indians just looks very bad optically.

What on earth was Pritam thinking?

(28-02-2023, 10:55 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  On the RK issue I am more forgiving towards Pritam. Both parties have gotten crappy MPs in the past and naturally the available pool is much smaller for WP, so getting stuck with the occasional lousy caliber person is understandable. 

This English recommendation is different -  a totally unforced error coming from the WP and not even from a random MP but the Leader of Opposition. To make matters worse, him being of Indian ethnicity (albeit a Singh) making a recommendation that obviously benefits India Indians just looks very bad optically.

What on earth was Pritam thinking?

Well elucidated, well said.

He may henceforth backtrack what he said, given the vast unhappiness of the majority. 
Trust he will learn from this lesson.

(28-02-2023, 10:10 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  heng ar

i pass the USA citizenship test

heng ar

[Image: 14-C7-C1-BA-B64-F-4358-B504-C62-E3-B064-CFB.webp]

Ah Sing is trying to help more of his CECA folks get Sg citizenship?
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

(28-02-2023, 11:08 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Ah Sing is trying to help more of his CECA folks get Sg citizenship?

Welcome to Indiapore

Has to step down

I suggest anal sex test. Must be able to handle and even enjoy anal sex then can stay in Sg.

(28-02-2023, 11:08 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Ah Sing is trying to help more of his CECA folks get Sg citizenship?

100%. But he forgot the filipinos can exploit this english test crap too

(28-02-2023, 11:05 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  [Image: 14-C7-C1-BA-B64-F-4358-B504-C62-E3-B064-CFB.webp]

go kiss your Xi jing peng donkey asshole

Pritam tio Kong liao
He is supposed to fight for us
not on one hand on the other

if he makes us laugh getting the pap for once
with words
like and then and then what happen
until pap faces turn RED
we can understand
not blow oxygen into fire