Poll: When to handover? Election due nov 2025 - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Before election year, either 2023 or 2024
72.22%
72.22%
During election year 2025
0%
0%
After election
27.78%
27.78%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Right time for Lee Hsien Loong handover to LW?

LHL should step down after the election to lose another GRC

He is using LW to win votes back for him and his wife?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

It’s not what u think
It’s what he thinks
Wait till after election loh

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

This is not like mahathir handover to badawi during his first term where mahathir ground support was waning and he has no choice
The handover in Singapore always been steady, the only concern in my view is, is 4g ready?

No one choose 2025...

(22-04-2023, 07:02 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  This is not like mahathir handover to badawi during his first term where mahathir ground support was waning and he has no choice
The handover in Singapore always been steady, the only concern in my view is, is 4g ready?

You overly concern as if 3g are much better.
Just have a few mature ministers in the cabinet for another one term. It is ready  

but maybe if Oxley Road verdict faster then hand over faster. Rotfl

I think the change is necessary, asap.
He is not quite suitable to be a leader of Singapore for quite some time already.

[+] 1 user Likes whylah's post

This is a matter of sooner or later, someone need to sit on this PM seat. What is next for the future is important issues

Sg won't fall even the pm is change suddenly now.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

I agreed on the imported rich, so far i did not to know any of them or work with them,
I did not see their comney come into pocket
I only hear they bought the most expensive properties, paid a lot of properties tax to government

Family office is small setup, office with few staff
Although the money they manage looks big on paper, it is still just a legal paper, money can be elsewhere

(22-04-2023, 08:54 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Sg won't fall even the pm is change suddenly now.

I agree that Sg will not fall even if PM is changed suddenly................ Big Grin

(22-04-2023, 08:54 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Sg won't fall even the pm is change suddenly now.

no one is indisposable.

Interestingly central banker ravi menon is leaving, reading the tea leaves, one cannot help but to guess, is he joining government due to a potential vacancy there to be filled?
He's 59 same as tan see leng, so age wise is a possibility
Let's see

(23-04-2023, 08:51 AM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  Interestingly central banker ravi menon is leaving, reading the tea leaves, one cannot help but to guess, is he joining government due to a potential vacancy there to be filled?
He's 59 same as tan see leng, so age wise is a possibility
Let's see

But Heng SK, said that the older generation says it not ready to have a non-Chinese PM.................. Big Grin

(23-04-2023, 08:53 AM)debono Wrote:  But Heng SK, said that the older generation says it not ready to have a non-Chinese PM................
How many older generation sinkies did he speak to? Why he can represent them?

Seems like some cannot read the hint, is RM joining government as finance minister?

(23-04-2023, 09:25 AM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  Seems like some cannot read the hint, is RM joining government as finance minister?

maybe another Indian President ?

Nathan (indian), Macik (Indian turn Malay), RM (Indian).

(22-04-2023, 07:04 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  No one choose 2025...

based on past handovers, the handover was done 1 to 2 years before GE.
it is for previous PM to oversee the current PM before election.

Maybe handover will be jan 2025, election is nov 2025

11 months to prepare

(21-04-2023, 07:25 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  don't think he can do that with peach of mind knowing what he had done to his sibling, SIL, nephew.

It's a big black smudge on his good name as well as Lky's that LHY and his wife lied under oath, and LSW said that the judiciary set up by lky and the old guards is pliant.

(23-04-2023, 04:10 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's a big black smudge on his good name as well as Lky's that LHY and his wife lied under oath, and LSW said that the judiciary set up by lky and the old guards is pliant.

I dare say every SGreans cannot wait for LHL to handover.

The Oxley saga is a sad episode that SG can do without during this testing time.

WP's former leader nicely say - Please don't drag LKY's legacy and SG reputation through this private dispute.

https://youtu.be/Vo15Wvf3lG4

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(22-04-2023, 07:02 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  This is not like mahathir handover to badawi during his first term where mahathir ground support was waning and he has no choice

Is 4G ready?

Yes they are ready. LW speaks confidently and had proven to be able to cover a broad spectrum of issues both domestic and international.

However I do hope that the 4G will retain PM Lee, if he is willing, as an ESM. As with lky and gct, Singapore should tap the sexperience of the predecessor.

(23-04-2023, 04:16 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I dare say every SGreans cannot wait for LHL to handover.

The Oxley saga is a sad episode that SG can do without during this testing time.

WP's former leader nicely say - Please don't drag LKY's legacy and SG reputation through this private dispute.

https://youtu.be/Vo15Wvf3lG4

Every Singaporean?

And you even dare to bet as though you had asked all 2.6 million voters plus those who are too young to vote?

Wow! 

I wonder what you bet with? Your ranjiao is it?  Rolleyes

IMO, the 4G team is ready - and unlike our Bolehland practices, SG gov transition is predictable and orderly.

(23-04-2023, 04:24 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Every Singaporean?
And you even dare to bet as though you had asked all 2.6 million voters plus those who are too young to vote?
Wow!  I wonder what you bet with? Your ranjiao is it?  Rolleyes

Why not considering the Oxley matter is an unwelcome distraction ? - I wonder you understand the repercussion LHL-family (private) dispute will have to SG's standing.  Rolleyes

Chim Cham wait till neck long long🦖

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

He hand over PM post to Lawrence Wong ALSO THE SAME , STILL HE CONTROL LHL.

As mentor Behind. I feel he is doing the Same just like his dad LKY path the route for OWN LEE become REAL PM next.

Just like how LKY path the route for his son LHL take over as PM.

Remember , he put Goh C T first as PM ? Later come LHL.

(23-04-2023, 08:04 AM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  I agreed on the imported rich, so far i did not to know any of them or work with them,
I did not see their comney come into pocket
I only hear they bought the most expensive properties, paid a lot of properties tax to government

Family office is small setup, office with few staff
Although the money they manage looks big on paper, it is still just a legal paper, money can be elsewhere

Well said!

The rich people benefits the Govt more than it benefits average people like you or me

Just like CECA benefits the Govt more than it benefits us 

You have eyes to see and have brains to think

Better than Jac Lau with his Fake NTU DEgree

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

At this point, we have close to 30% think the handover will happen after election, which is not a small percentage, don't you think?

Let's fast forward to 2025, these will be ministers age, those 55 and below, will face another 3 elections potentially , assuming 70 years old is the cut off, while those 60ish below 65, will probably do another 1 election or 2 maybe, of course there's nothing to stop one to continue on, there's no retirement age for ministers

Ministers age at 2025
LHL 73
TCH 70
TS 68
NEH 66
KS 66
GKY 66
HSK 64
VB 64
SI 62
GF 61
MZ 62
MO 59
JT 56
ET 55
Oyk 55
Ccs 55
Lw 52
DL 48

(21-04-2023, 07:18 AM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  We are at half way point, around 2.5 years till next election due, when do you think is the right time?

The best time to step down should be in 2016 just b4 speech in Tokyo .

Then, Singapore avoided making mistakes and will not entangled between US and China.