S'porean man, 43, lost S$500,000 of life savings in OCBC phishing scam.

Well, they deserve it

OCBC is the most fcuked up bank in all ways

I've raised this public service alert years ago in the old forum

Serve you right for still with OCBC

No pity from me

(19-01-2022, 12:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  This is not possible as bank accounts have daily withdrawal limit of 5k of 10k maximum, it is no way they could steal 500k at one go.

That's one more reason why OCBC is that fked up, no limit, no security control in place at all

No limit on daily limit

Nothing!
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(19-01-2022, 12:43 PM)talky Wrote:  on surface u are right same thinking as me initially

but once scammers logged into yr acct he can do what he wants change the withdrawal amt

Because he login to the fake OCBC site, his login detail was captured by hackers, then they use his credential to to login to his account in the real OCBC internet banking site to increase daily limit and withdraw big amount. It’s his own fault lah, the bank is not responsible leh.

I dun understand why he must mention that he is a civil servant

This type of clowns deserve what they get

No pity from me

Serves him right

I hope OCBC and MAS ignore him

Wake up his fkg idea once and for all

(19-01-2022, 12:53 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  I dun understand why he must mention that he is a civil servant

No pity from me

Serves him right

"maybe" who knows MAS will help so call " fellow colleague aka civil servants be it you from public sectors/stat boards STILL UNDER SAME BOSS AKA GOV come giving out yearly Bonus, increment "

but OCBC can just don't care, why bother since this fellow job is safe, and if earn a lot per month so BY RIGHT Bank can reject to pay Since is YOUR OWN FAULT TO get scam NOT due to the Bank System.

Now talking this WHERE IS DBS REPORT , MAS STILL CAN SAY STERN MESSAGE TO DBS?? THAT INCIDENT IS THE BANK OWN BANKING SYSTEM GOT PROBLEM
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(19-01-2022, 06:27 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Best advice from me.

Don’t click any link from the sms/WhatsApp or any online messages.
Always go to the Google/Bing/Yahoo etc to do the searching  for Whatever website you would want to visit.
Otherwise, call the bank by phone if you can wait more than 25mins to get a human to talk to you. Big Grin
u mean google control

(19-01-2022, 12:53 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  I dun understand why he must mention that he is a civil servant

No pity from me

Serves him right

absolutely
steal from us
let others take away
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

Hmm… civil serpents not so smart? Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(19-01-2022, 12:50 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Because he login to the fake OCBC site, his login detail was captured by hackers, then they use his credential to to login to his account in the real OCBC internet banking site to increase daily limit and withdraw big amount. It’s his own fault lah, the bank is not responsible leh.

but how they know his pw and id

(19-01-2022, 09:06 AM)Clyde Wrote:  Don't say that. I have written to them asking them if scammer can transfer fixed deposit money to saving account.  They have not replied me.

i was wondering too

premature withdrawalitgdrawal should be done in person

(19-01-2022, 01:00 PM)Talent Wrote:  but how they know his pw and id

He provided to them when he login at the fake site.

For example the url of the fake site is, www.0cbc.com.sg

I find some of these stories unbelievable. About $8.5 million was reported lost by more than 460 people. So far about half a dozen came out to say, they lost between $100k to $220k. A few claimed they lost $50k or more.

Now this guy said he lost $500k. That’s about 6% of the total sum lost. How can? Means the other 400 lost a few dollars only? I think Mothership should stop milking such stories, unless they are able to verify with the bank, or at least publish their names lah. Then more believable. Why always must be anonymously?

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

(19-01-2022, 12:44 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  MAS and SGX are useless, toothless and always behind the curve Big Grin

in all these yrs FR THE CLOB SAGA TO RED CHIP  STOCKS LISTED IN SGX SCAMS I HV NEVER HEARD OR SOMEONE SAY EVEN A GD WORD OF SGX.
if that is the case means sgx really sucks,
same as ocbc in this scam,their security is real sucks too
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

if he no property
stay with parents

then 500k is nothing

Wondering is it possible for him to scam himself if he knows the way. since he knows that OCBC going to pay him.

(19-01-2022, 10:19 PM)wulala Wrote:  Wondering is it possible for him to scam himself if he knows the way. since he knows that OCBC going to pay him.

That is unlikely, OCBC will know that it is a scam......

(19-01-2022, 07:31 PM)talky Wrote:  in all these yrs FR THE CLOB SAGA TO RED CHIP  STOCKS LISTED IN SGX SCAMS I HV NEVER HEARD OR SOMEONE SAY EVEN A GD WORD OF SGX.

Red Chip stock issue yes, SGX is at fault.. They only want to bring in listing, but never thought of how to protect and prosecute if things goes wrong..

CLOB saga, I don't blame SGX..Before CLOB saga, will you even imagine a govt can just chong kong other's money (maybe in China) just like that.. It is because of CLOB saga that I will never invest in anything in Malaysia.. You never know when the same stunt will happen again..

But did Singapore govt chong kong anything from Malaysia or Malaysian in return?? Not that I can remember..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(19-01-2022, 10:35 PM)debono Wrote:  That is unlikely, OCBC will know that it is a scam......

how is it unlikely? all this guy needs to do is to team up with someone overseas he knows or trusted, and ask the other site to do the same trick while he pretend to lock in as a victim. afterall he already knew that OCBC will be compensating right?

Why Singapore's IT security has come to such sorry stage when it employed the best talents from India? Isn't it the inside job by the 'experts'?

(21-01-2022, 02:00 AM)Dan Wrote:  Why Singapore's IT security has come to such sorry stage when it employed the best talents from India? Isn't it the inside job by the 'experts'?

best talented IT IS WHAT PAP SAYS but ask around will get the opp answer

No pity from me

Serves him right

Maybe he earn $30k a month that is why he no need to invest and has half a mil in one account.

(21-01-2022, 11:47 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Maybe he earn $30k a month that is why he no need to invest and has half a mil in one account.
I dont think he need to tell everyone he is a civil servant

where to put my money

thats safe now

what should i do or not do

(21-01-2022, 12:11 PM)Talent Wrote:  where to put my money

thats safe now

what should i do or not do

Gold bars and Cisco safe. No need to thank me.

(19-01-2022, 07:31 PM)talky Wrote:  in all these yrs FR THE CLOB SAGA TO RED CHIP  STOCKS LISTED IN SGX SCAMS I HV NEVER HEARD OR SOMEONE SAY EVEN A GD WORD OF SGX.
Now we need to pay about $29.00 yearly to get the monthly statement accounts.  The soft copy is available, thru' the internet, but to have the hard copy which we can update and file into our personal files...... Angry Angry

OCBC said everybody will pay compensation liow! no worries!

(19-01-2022, 09:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think you are not familiar with money laundering methods.

The criminal syndicates control many local accounts that cannot be traced to them this is done by buying accounts of foreign workers returning to home country for good and through layers of criminals who cannot be traced.

Using these accounts they set up remittance links to pay people in China or Phillipines ...these are also purchased accounts that cannot b traced to them.

Once money comes in their people withdraw from ATM or bank branch immediately.

Could be transferred to some African countries.

(21-01-2022, 12:57 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  OCBC said everybody will pay compensation liow! no worries!

Luckily not love scam.

(21-01-2022, 11:47 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Maybe he earn $30k a month that is why he no need to invest and has half a mil in one account.

by telling everyone he is a civil servant would only show how stupid n dumb are civil servants.

by the same token if the professor who passed u on the final examination n after u made a serious mistake in yr work  telling  the world professor Z was my mentor this professor would be ashamed too.

in the 50s 60s those old masters will scold their trainees do not mention me who taught u this stupid way of workingvwill tarnish their names.

(19-01-2022, 11:16 PM)wulala Wrote:  how is it unlikely? all this guy needs to do is to team up with someone overseas he knows or trusted, and ask the other site to do the same trick while he pretend to lock in as a victim. afterall he already knew that OCBC will be compensating right?
It is only recently that OCBC had decided to pay those that are scammed, therefore he cannot know that OCBC had decided to compensate customers.  He will be taking a big chance to appear to be scammed and get compensation from the bank.  It is a too great a chance to take.......