Scripture readings for today

(30-04-2024, 01:37 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Brothers, I can tell you with confidence that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that He would place one of his descendants on his throne. - Acts 2:29-30

He 'was" a prophet because Muh said so?  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(30-04-2024, 02:53 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Really...you want to seek opinions of others?
I was about to praise muh because he did not ask for the Jewish lady to be killed...he released her and I respect him for that..but then you so fast turned tail and offered me opinions of others... Big Grin

My opinion you will dismiss it as biased. Your opinion I will dismiss you as biased. So we need a third party with no apparent bias. Why are you flummoxed by that suggestion?

(30-04-2024, 02:57 PM)Oyk Wrote:  He 'was" a prophet because Muh said so?  Rolleyes

I c/p that from Biblehub.

Dunno why they translated that verse using "was".

(30-04-2024, 02:59 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  My opinion you will dismiss it as biased. Your opinion I will dismiss you as biased. So we need a third party with no apparent bias. Why are you flummoxed by that suggestion?

Lol
When I see a good characteristic in muh....I say so! ...this is not biased and if it is biased it is only to your advantage...

Letting go of a captive is benevolent ...you still need a third party opinion? Big Grin

(30-04-2024, 03:01 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I c/p that from Biblehub.

Dunno why they translated that verse using "was".

It's grammatically correct. I wrote "was" not to highlight a grammatical error but another of your nonsense. You don't even understand that verse and want to foist biblical verses around. Did you learn that from your mother again?  Rolleyes

(30-04-2024, 02:59 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  My opinion you will dismiss it as biased. Your opinion I will dismiss you as biased. So we need a third party with no apparent bias. Why are you flummoxed by that suggestion?

I can offer a 3rd opinion. Do you want to hear it? Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(30-04-2024, 03:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's grammatically correct. I wrote "was" not to highlight a grammatical error but another of your nonsense. You don't even understand that verse and want to foist biblical verses around. Did you learn that from your mother again?  Rolleyes

You said King David was not a prophet. 

A verse in the Bible identifies him as a prophet. 

Who is right? 

That's all.

(30-04-2024, 03:13 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I can offer a 3rd opinion. Do you want to hear it? Rolleyes

Did you miss the part where it says "no apparent bias"?

(30-04-2024, 03:06 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Lol
When I see a good characteristic in muh....I say so! ...this is not biased and if it is biased it is only to your advantage...

Letting go of a captive is benevolent ...you still need a third party opinion? Big Grin

Ok. I can stand corrected on your seemed bias but that is not the point. We need to see other people's opinions to compare it with yours.

(30-04-2024, 03:15 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You said King David was not a prophet. 

Who is right? 

That's all.

The Bible said he was a prophet because Muh told you?

(30-04-2024, 03:16 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Did you miss the part where it says "no apparent bias"?

I am as neutral about this as any man can ever be.  Rolleyes

(30-04-2024, 03:15 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You said King David was not a prophet. 

Who is right? 

That's all.

May I know which Bible verse says that leh, Ali? Thinking I need to check for confirmation lah! Big Grin

(30-04-2024, 03:25 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  May I know which Bible verse says that leh, Ali? Thinking I need to check for confirmation lah! Big Grin

Acts 2:29-30

(30-04-2024, 02:43 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  That is your opinion of the story. I have a different opinion. Apparently, we are both biased, on opposite sides. So we need to ask other people's opinions, historians, or learned people who have studied the life of the prophet, and with no apparent bias.

I recommend Karen Armstrong.

She suits your agenda? Don want to recommend lah...you cannot go read up and come to your own conclusions....how many times you recommend...Next time you ask me a question...I also refer your questions to my recommendation!

(30-04-2024, 03:19 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Ok. I can stand corrected on your seemed bias but that is not the point. We need to see other people's opinions to compare it with yours.

Lol...so let's go thru 1000 opinions and seek consistency then.... Big Grin
Because opinions from 1 or 2 people might just be bias as well

(30-04-2024, 03:43 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Lol...so let's go thru 1000 opinions and seek consistency then.... Big Grin
Because opinions from 1 or 2 people might just be bias as well

We can both find a person we can agree that he/she has no apparent bias.

I don't see any apparent bias in Karen Armstrong. She is an academic and must demonstrate an unbiased approach to her research particularly because she was a former Catholic nun, failing which she may lose her standing among her peers. If you know academics, that is one thing they don't want.

You can dismiss her based on her status as an ex-Christian but that will mean you're using emotions to make your judgement.

(30-04-2024, 03:47 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  We can both find a person we can agree that he/she has no apparent bias.

I don't see any apparent bias in Karen Armstrong. She is an academic and must demonstrate an unbiased approach to her research particularly because she was a former Catholic nun, failing which she may lose her standing among her peers. If you know academics, that is one thing they don't want.

You can dismiss her based on her status as an ex-Christian but that will mean you're using emotions to make your judgement.

Her opinions mean nothing to me....I don know her..

Hazrat Aisha (ra) narrates that during his last days, the Holy Prophet (sa) would say, ‘O Aisha! I have always felt the effects of what I ate at Khaybar. Even today, I feel as if my insides have been greatly affected due to the poison.’ [3]

Still need a third party opinion or not....why you don read up huh...always depend on the scholars, historians to feed you....hai ya!

Care for a cup of breast milk mouth fed to you?..you don have to do anything you know...you totally deserve it!

(30-04-2024, 04:09 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Her opinions mean nothing to me....I don know her..

Hazrat Aisha (ra) narrates that during his last days, the Holy Prophet (sa) would say, ‘O Aisha! I have always felt the effects of what I ate at Khaybar. Even today, I feel as if my insides have been greatly affected due to the poison.’ [3]

Still need a third party opinion or not....why you don read up huh...always depend on the scholars, historians to feed you....hai ya!

Care for a cup of breast milk mouth fed to you?..you don have to do anything you know...you totally deserve it!

Do you know the context? The why, what, who, when, or where? Cannot anyhow form your own picture in your bias head just by doing a surface reading of a translated hadith.

(30-04-2024, 04:16 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Do you know the context? The why, what, who, when, or where? Cannot anyhow form your own picture in your bias head just by doing a surface reading of a translated hadith.

About the Author: Shahrukh Abid is a graduate from the Ahmadiyya Institute of Languages and Theology in Canada. He currently serves as an Imam of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community in Brampton, Canada. He has also co-authored two books titled ‘Quest of Curious Muslim’ and ‘Folly of Atheism’.

https://www.reviewofreligions.org/30639/...m-fiction/

(30-04-2024, 04:21 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  About the Author: Shahrukh Abid is a graduate from the Ahmadiyya Institute of Languages and Theology in Canada. He currently serves as an Imam of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community in Brampton, Canada. He has also co-authored two books titled ‘Quest of Curious Muslim’ and ‘Folly of Atheism’.

https://www.reviewofreligions.org/30639/...m-fiction/

Fyi. About 95% of Muslims are mainstream and the other 5% are fringe groups that some scholars opined are heretics. One of them is Ahmadiyyah, your source.

(30-04-2024, 01:43 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, but not just to me. To all. 

The Quran is the message from Allah to mankind. And Allah has promised to preserve it (Quran 15:9). We can tell you with knowledge that the Quran is preserved as promised.
صَدَقَ اللّٰهُ الْعَظِيْم
How come many people till today only see Jesus n His angels in dreams 
Yours like no news for decades after your muh gone.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(30-04-2024, 04:52 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Fyi. About 95% of Muslims are mainstream and the other 5% are fringe groups that some scholars opined are heretics. One of them is Ahmadiyyah, your source.

FYI.. I hate to quote any person...I would rather get your opinions!
But you refuse to share the story of the poison lamb that muh ate...

You said Aisha mentioned abt muh being the mirror of quran but you don know what Aisha said during the final days of muh!! So how muh die is of no significant to you since you don even care less to explain.....that's how much you love him!

(30-04-2024, 04:58 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  How come many people till today only see Jesus n His angels in dreams 
Yours like no news for decades after your muh gone.

Get out of your well. Look around. Don't have to go far. Just look at Singapore already can. Islam is growing, by new births and by converts. The smart people already saying Islam will take over the world in less than 100 years from now.

Only 1 religion remains standing today and that is Islam. The rest have fallen to modernism or liberalism. Wanna know more? Just reply to my post and I will write more on that.

(30-04-2024, 05:09 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Get out of your well. Look around. Don't have to go far. Just look at Singapore already can. Islam is growing, by new births and by converts. The smart people already saying Islam will take over the world in less than 100 years from now.

Only 1 religion remains standing today and that is Islam. The rest have fallen to modernism or liberalism. Wanna know more? Just reply to my post and I will write more on that.

SG churches more than mosques 
 More Christians than Mosleem.
Don’t lie

☝️

(30-04-2024, 05:09 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Get out of your well. Look around. Don't have to go far. Just look at Singapore already can. Islam is growing, by new births and by converts. The smart people already saying Islam will take over the world in less than 100 years from now.

Lol...that is true...not by converts but more likely from birth rates...like I said....Ali has 6 children...that is 6 Muslims added to the moslem community!

(30-04-2024, 05:08 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  FYI.. I hate to quote any person...I would rather get your opinions!
But you refuse to share the story of the poison lamb that muh ate...

You said Aisha mentioned abt muh being the mirror of quran but you don know what Aisha said during the final days of muh!! So how muh die is of no significant to you since you don even care less to explain.....that's how much you love him!

*long sigh* 

It is an easy deduction if you're not biased. The prophet wasn't poisoned. He lived a healthy life long after that incident. 

If I say "The pain is as if I had taken that poison", does it mean I was poisoned?

(30-04-2024, 05:11 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  SG churches more than mosques 
Don’t lie

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1113...-religion/

Outdated stats...just for reference only...Buddhism still top the ranks!

(30-04-2024, 05:12 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Lol...that is true...not by converts but more likely from birth rates...like I said....Ali has 6 children...that is 6 Muslims added to the moslem community!

I can show you a nice graph of Pew research showing that Islam is also growing by conversion. 

Just look here in Singapore. We don't propagate our religion but we still have a building in Geylang Serai that houses the Muslim converts association, in support of new converts. They are run by many Chinese converts dedicated to their new religion.

But ok. Birth is the bigger cause for our growth. It seems Islam is not affected by one disease of the modern world, the falling birth rate.

(30-04-2024, 05:17 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  https://www.statista.com/statistics/1113...-religion/

Outdated stats...just for reference only...Buddhism still top the ranks!

I m referring to mosleem only

☝️

(30-04-2024, 05:11 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  SG churches more than mosques 
Don’t lie

The packed churches are usually the few modern churches preaching prosperity Gospels. Other than that, many churches are not filled with worshippers on Sundays. Look at the mosques here on Fridays, jammed packed and overflowing.