Scripture readings for today

(29-04-2024, 10:47 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  In the Bible, we read about Prophet Joseph's meeting with Pharoah. That is an inaccuracy because, at the time of Prophet Joseph, there were no pharaohs in Egypt. This particular inaccuracy is known as anachronism. In the Quran, Prophet Joseph met with the king of Egypt and Prophet Moses met with the pharaoh of Egypt. We only know of that inaccuracy in the Bible in modern times, when the Rosetta stones were found and interpreted. I can show you more of such inaccuracies in the Bible.

As for contradictions, we already discussed a few irreconcilable contradictions. Jesus said one thing and Paul said the opposite. 

As for errors, there are tons and tons of them but they are mostly spelling errors or other insignificant errors.

https://armstronginstitute.org/870-king-...r-biblical-
error#:~:text=The%20kings%20of%20ancient%20Egypt,has%20named%20him%20%E2%80%9CPharaoh%E2%80%9D.

see here for the refutation. English translation used the word "pharaoh" in a generic sense to describe the ancient ruler of egypt. In fact, the terms "king" and "pharaoh" were both used interchangeably in the bible when refering to the ruler of egypt during Joseph's time. Interestingly the parts where the Koran uses the term "king" are the same parts where "king" is cited in the bible.

(29-04-2024, 04:16 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  https://armstronginstitute.org/870-king-...r-biblical-
error#:~:text=The%20kings%20of%20ancient%20Egypt,has%20named%20him%20%E2%80%9CPharaoh%E2%80%9D.

see here for the refutation. English translation used the word "pharaoh" in a generic sense to describe the ancient ruler of egypt. In fact, the terms "king" and "pharaoh" were both used interchangeably in the bible when refering to the ruler of egypt during Joseph's time. Interestingly the parts where the Koran uses the term "king" are the same parts where "king" is cited in the bible.

Thank you for taking the time to do some research.

Is it an English translation inaccuracy problem? Did the original Hebrew text said king and English translation said pharoah?

(29-04-2024, 04:10 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  U see bei kua lung always asks same questions trick and bash 
Who are u to demand an answer against the true God 
who humbly comes to save the world ?
Jesus already said he is the only way truth and life

I am only asking for an answer from you. If you cannot answer, please say "I don't know.".

(29-04-2024, 04:10 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  U see bei kua lung always asks same questions trick and bash 
Who are u to demand an answer against the true God 
who humbly comes to save the world ?
Jesus already said he is the only way truth and life

God is not humble. We cannot use that adjective to describe God. Do you know why?

(29-04-2024, 05:09 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I am only asking for an answer from you. If you cannot answer, please say "I don't know.".

The answer is u have to be reborn again of water and spirit 
Must I need to repeat again and again 
Or u have bad memory ?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(29-04-2024, 05:10 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  God is not humble. We cannot use that adjective to describe God. Do you know why?

Why ?

☝️

(29-04-2024, 05:23 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Why ?

Because humble and glory don't go together.
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

(29-04-2024, 05:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  The answer is u have to be reborn again of water and spirit 
Must I need to repeat again and again 
Or u have bad memory ?

Once you're reborn, can you enter the kingdom of God? Or do you have to believe other things as well?

(29-04-2024, 05:24 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Because humble and glory don't go together.

God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble lah! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like cheekopekman's post

(29-04-2024, 05:26 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Once you're reborn, can you enter the kingdom of God? Or do you have to believe other things as well?

As long don’t believe your Hadith or Quran can liao

☝️

(29-04-2024, 05:32 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  As long don’t believe your Hadith or Quran can liao

Smile

You forgot the golden ticket to enter the kingdom of God. What do you have to believe to get that ticket?

(29-04-2024, 05:35 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Smile

You forgot the golden ticket to enter the kingdom of God. What do you have to believe to get that ticket?

Same old question. 
Believe Jesus as our savior and Lord
Whoever don’t believe in Him already condemned 
Next u will throw back your  same old answer 
Song see boh?

☝️

(29-04-2024, 05:38 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Same old question. 
Believe Jesus as our savior and Lord
Whoever don’t believe in Him already condemned 
Next u will throw back your  same old answer 
Song see boh?

First, God said he is not a man. Then he became a man. Then he will throw into hell those who don't believe that man is God.

Do you see a problem with that?

(29-04-2024, 05:46 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  First, God said he is not a man. Then he became a man. Then he will throw into hell those who don't believe that man is God.

Do you see a problem with that?

The word becomes flesh and dwells among man
And the Word is God

☝️

(29-04-2024, 03:45 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I know you have not checked with our scholars. Please do that the next time before you make comments about our religion. 

https://daruliftaa.com/sacred-knowledge/...grown-man/

Did you bothered to read?
There are 2 versions...let's take that he didn't suckle the breast...but he still has to drink the breast milk which is the 2nd version.... Big Grin I don want to drink..erm..breast milk just to be your ally!  Big Grin

(29-04-2024, 03:00 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I gave you 7 points. I said you cannot reject the first 5. 

Agree?

I can sense a booby trap...let's just end at point 7 the Crucifixion!

(29-04-2024, 03:34 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Let us first look at the translation of the Hadith mentioned in the Sahih of Imam Muslim and elsewhere:

Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) reports that Sahla bint Suhayl came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and said: “O Messenger of Allah! I see on the face of Abu Hudhayfa (signs of dislike) on the entering of Salim, who is an ally, (into our house). The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Suckle him.” She said: “How can I suckle him as he is a grown-up man? The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) smiled and said: “I already know that he is a young man.” (Sahih Muslim, no: 1453)

You cannot say this message is false!
In the name of Allah...he is making a statement in God's name! Is he lying?

(29-04-2024, 03:46 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  He will forgive those who don't believe he is God?

Yes...forgiveness is unconditional!
It has nothing to do with God's anger towards you...it was God's anger towards sins, if anything!

The cross was for you Ali...not for God!

(29-04-2024, 06:05 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Did you bothered to read?
There are 2 versions...let's take that he didn't suckle the breast...but he still has to drink the breast milk which is the 2nd version.... Big Grin I don want to drink..erm..breast milk just to be your ally!  Big Grin

Yes, I read.

In none did it say to suckle the breast.

(29-04-2024, 06:28 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, I read.

In none did it say to suckle the breast.

You know where breast milk comes from right? Only pregnant women can produce milk..

You cannot substitute cow milk for breast milk tiok boh

(29-04-2024, 06:27 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Yes...forgiveness is unconditional!
It has nothing to do with God's anger towards you...it was God's anger towards sins, if anything!

The cross was for you Ali...not for God!

We were talking about the Pharisees who wanted to stone Jesus because you said Jesus claimed to be God.

Will they be forgiven for not believing Jesus is God?
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

(29-04-2024, 06:30 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You know where breast milk comes from right? Only pregnant women can produce milk..

You cannot substitute cow milk for breast milk tiok boh

Do you know that you can squeeze the milk into a cup or a bottle?

(29-04-2024, 06:32 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Do you know that you can squeeze the milk into a cup or a bottle?

From a pregnant lady..yes I believe!! But I would rather suckle enough to fill myself Big Grin

(29-04-2024, 06:08 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I can sense a booby trap...let's just end at point 7 the Crucifixion!

Ok. So the first 5 points you will not reject. Thank you.

Number 6 you can argue but since you don't want, ok, I won't do number 6.

Now, no. 7, the crucifixion. The Quran is 100% correct when it says people at that time thought it was him on the cross. 

So, all the points I've given, you cannot reject them.

(29-04-2024, 06:34 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  From a pregnant lady..yes I believe!! But I would rather suckle enough to fill myself Big Grin

LOL

No, you cannot get milk from a pregnant lady. Did you say you are a father? How come you don't know that?

(28-04-2024, 01:38 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Yes! Then let a Hindu or a Buddhist come and speak for themselves! 

The miracle of Christianity is Jesus Christ....you don need to speak a particular language to hear abt Jesus...the miracle of Islam is not a person but the quran..the only way you can appreciate the book is by reading it in arabic..I think I emphasise many times..If you do not know how to speak or write Arabic.. there is no way to understand the verse fully..did your god say the only way to receive his clearest relevations is by learning Arabic?

You always bring out the inaccuracies in the bible,..say mark, John, Matthew, luke...they are perverted gospels...claimed by your so called Muslim scholars!....so where are the unperverted ones then???  Am I suppose to believe a revelation that came 500 yrs after Jesus? Big Grin and that book the quran is a better representation of the historic Jesus .... Rotfl is it way better than the Gospels written by eyes witnesses? Well I am sorry...if I want to study a historical person..I don go running to a guy who lived 500yrs after the fact! I go after the eye witnesses!

It is because most of the world can't read Arabic which is why we are unable to critique it (the Quran)

Scholars who can read it have found lots of grammatical errors. More than that, they also found many verses which clearly proved that the Quran is NOT from the same God as the God of the Bible, never mind if Ali may claim that Islam is one of the Abrahamic faith..

Islam cannot stand on the Quran alone. Wherever it had errors or gaps, it came up with Hadith which didn't even come from the mouth of Muh.. And as if to lend legitimacy to its claims to being from God (of the Bible), Islam cherrypicks from the Gospels, Psalms..

I don't wish to say more except that the more I read Ali's, the more he convinces me that I must stay awake, watch and not let the thief steal.... I have to hold fast to the faith in Christ and Christ alone, not Muh.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(29-04-2024, 06:31 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  We were talking about the Pharisees who wanted to stone Jesus because you said Jesus claimed to be God.

All will be forgiven!
Did jesus lay hands on them? No...he walks away!

Christians were persecuted during the roman empire because they believe in him!
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(29-04-2024, 06:36 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  LOL

No, you cannot get milk from a pregnant lady. Did you say you are a father? How come you don't know that?

OK you are wrong and neither am I right!

If you're pregnant or recently gave birth, hormones signal the mammary glands in your body to start producing milk to feed the baby. But it's also possible for women who have never been pregnant — and even men — to lactate. This is called galactorrhea, and it can happen for a variety of reasons.

So do you produce milk?

(29-04-2024, 06:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It is because most of the world can't read Arabic which is why we are unable to critique it (the Quran)

Scholars who can read it have found lots of grammatical errors. More than that, they also found many verses which clearly proved that the Quran is NOT from the same God as the God of the Bible, never mind if Ali may claim that Islam is one of the Abrahamic faith..

Islam cannot stand on the Quran alone. Wherever it had errors or gaps, it came up with Hadith which didn't even come from the mouth of Muh.. And as if to lend legitimacy to its claims to being from God (of the Bible), Islam cherrypicks from the Gospels, Psalms..

I don't wish to say more except that the more I read Ali's, the more he convinces me that I must stay awake, watch and not let the thief steal.... I have to hold fast to the faith in Christ and Christ alone, not Muh.

That is right...I have heard of Muslims who memorise the whole quran in arabic!!
That is just wonderful....but if you wish to speak to him in arabic...he will find all excuses not to answer you  Big Grin

They can only sell the quran...but if you wish to talk about their prophet in details..they will get angry...

If the prophet is the mirror of the quran...I think many will reject..

(29-04-2024, 06:31 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  We were talking about the Pharisees who wanted to stone Jesus because you said Jesus claimed to be God.

(29-04-2024, 06:48 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  All will be forgiven!
Did jesus lay hands on them? No...he walks away!

Christians were persecuted during the roman empire because they believe in him!

I find this subject interesting so I come in to say something lah! Big Grin 1st, the Pharisees picked up stones to stone Jesus to death for claiming to be God. That's the 1st point Ali brought up. 2nd, will they be forgiven for not believing Jesus is God? That's the 2nd point and a question. According to the Jewish Law or Torah, nobody had seen God so nobody had the right to claim that he or she was God. The Jews held on to that belief since Moses' times lah! Jesus walked away, according to the Bible, so He didn't get stoned. No sin was committed then. God allows us to be angry but not commit sin by murder, for example. So Ali, my friend, what do you think leh? Thinking