Thread Closed

Singapore, a tiny red dot shld consider new Gurkha recruits to replace conscription

(02-03-2024, 07:13 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why are you promoting importing foreigners to replace Singaporeans?

He is being naughty. Want Singapore to degenerate to the max. hoping we will be misguided into wrong moves and be scoffed at globally. You see his posts are all mischievous.

(02-03-2024, 07:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Better jobs like what? last time it was 2.5yrs …. now 2 yrs … how short you want?

Also pass ICT Test 2 yrs cut to 1 yr 10 months.  I heard this from from colleague recently who had been to Taiwan, Australia for training.

(04-03-2024, 07:56 AM)moonrab Wrote:  He only want to insinuating grievance amongst Singaporean. In any or every ways...🤣
A undesirable foreign actor, with evil intentions.

Always exploring alternatives and better solution hoping to improve for now and future generations..

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

And doing nothing is a total waste of talent and resources..

You re so afraid to face challenges

(04-03-2024, 07:57 AM)moonrab Wrote:  The best way is to ban you from Singapore forever 🤭

You even strongly supporting sending extremely talented Singaporean professor from Havard Uni into exile.

No wonder there's no Nobel Prize laureates
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(04-03-2024, 08:16 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Always exploring alternatives and better solution hopping to improve for now and future generations..

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

In that case, why don’t you start badgering your new adopted country (of your own free will) on how to improve? They also have social ills eg plight of abors, gender inequality, racism etc just to name a few.

Since you abandon Singapore and whack it day in day out in the name of improvement, so even if we improve you also don’t benefit Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-03-2024, 07:58 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  He is being naughty. Want Singapore to degenerate to the max. hoping we will be misguided into wrong moves and be scoffed at globally. You see his posts are al mischievous.

And insidious.  Trying to sow discord and discontent.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(02-03-2024, 06:50 PM)Scythian Wrote:  SAF soldiers even commandos no match for the Gurkhas

Gurkhas are to maintain law and order locally as in serious riots. They are fearless and impartial. Defence of a nation is the responsibility of our citizens you and me not Gurkhas or Foreigner.
[+] 2 users Like Goldmine's post

(04-03-2024, 08:24 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  In that case, why don’t you start badgering your new adopted country (of your own free will) on how to improve? They also have social ills eg plight of abors, gender inequality, racism etc just to name a few.

Since you abandon Singapore and whack it day in day out in the name of improvement, so even if we improve you also don’t benefit Big Grin

Deeply rooted typical Singaporean..
Cannot accept others view or adversity
Hahaha

(04-03-2024, 08:16 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Always exploring alternatives and better solution hoping to improve for now and future generations..

You re so afraid to face challenges

Challenge my foot..🤣
Own country need own people to defend. With the help of foreign military cooperation. 

100% reliance on foreigners, will weaken our sons and daughters in defence. Like feeding them drugs..

You are just a wolf in sheep skin...pui. 🤭
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(04-03-2024, 08:22 AM)Scythian Wrote:  You even strongly supporting sending extremely talented Singaporean professor from Havard Uni into exile.

No wonder there's no Nobel Prize laureates

Singapore never depend on one dissatisfied and defiance individual. Professor or laborer. Makes no difference. That includes you.

Team work and unity is our formula in survival. Majulah Singapore!

(04-03-2024, 08:30 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Deeply rooted typical Singaporean..

Hahaha

Hmm… actually I think you are a covert foreign actor Smile

(04-03-2024, 08:30 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Deeply rooted typical Singaporean..
Cannot accept others view  or adversity
Hahaha

Better than you, a traitor in Singapore forum. 🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(02-03-2024, 07:46 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The 2 years of full-time NS is fine. Reduce each ICT to 1 week. Shorten the liability of NSmen to age 35 years. Give them more time to build their careers, find a wife, have more children and stop discriminating against local males.

1 week ICT training is definitely too short.  Two weeks should be the norm.

(04-03-2024, 08:36 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Better than you, a traitor in Singapore forum. 🤣

Typical in character assesination

Primitive

(04-03-2024, 08:34 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Singapore never depend on one dissatisfied and defiance individual. Professor or laborer. Makes no difference. That includes you.

Telling those F1 organisers

(04-03-2024, 08:46 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Typical in character assesination

Primitive

That's what you are doing everyday...haiz..

(04-03-2024, 08:48 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Telling those F1 organisers

F1 is a foreign motor sport show, what you talking about? Seow ah..🤣

(04-03-2024, 08:36 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Better than you, a traitor in Singapore forum. 🤣

What's your pick..

2 years NS Vs 1st 2 years University and graduate earlier to compete with imported jhk and FTs..?

(04-03-2024, 08:55 AM)moonrab Wrote:  F1 is a foreign motor sport show, what you talking about? Seow ah..🤣

"Ong gained fame for bringing Formula One racing to the city-state and holds the franchise for Singapore's Formula One Grand Prix"
https://www.google.com/search?q=ong+beng...+franchise&oq=ong+beng+seng+fran&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCAgBEAAYFhgeMgYIABBFGDkyCAgBEAAYFhgeMg0IAhAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IAxAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IBBAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IBRAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMgcIBhAhGI8CMgcIBxAhGI8CMgcICBAhGI8C0gEJMjQyMThqMGo0qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=Ong%20gained%20fame%20for%20bringing%20Formula%20One%20racing%20to%20the%20city%2Dstate%20and%20holds%20the%20franchise%20for%20Singapore%27s%20Formula%20One%20Grand%20Prix

(04-03-2024, 03:35 PM)Scythian Wrote:  What's your pick..

2 years NS Vs 1st 2 years University and graduate earlier to compete with imported FTs..?

No Security, no sovereignty. 
No jobs to compete with FT ..what you talking? about.

(04-03-2024, 03:38 PM)Scythian Wrote:  "Ong gained fame for bringing Formula One racing to the city-state and holds the franchise for Singapore's Formula One Grand Prix"
https://www.google.com/search?q=ong+beng...+franchise&oq=ong+beng+seng+fran&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCAgBEAAYFhgeMgYIABBFGDkyCAgBEAAYFhgeMg0IAhAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IAxAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IBBAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IBRAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMgcIBhAhGI8CMgcIBxAhGI8CMgcICBAhGI8C0gEJMjQyMThqMGo0qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=Ong%20gained%20fame%20for%20bringing%20Formula%20One%20racing%20to%20the%20city%2Dstate%20and%20holds%20the%20franchise%20for%20Singapore%27s%20Formula%20One%20Grand%20Prix

Out of topic in your own thread..haiz..🫣

(04-03-2024, 04:53 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Out of topic in your own thread..haiz..🫣

Answers to your #47

Last time i curious why SG got recurit Gurkha , later than I find out is pass down from last time when the British Colony rule SG.

The british themselves hire Gurkha , I happen to see a video I think few years back, in UK there they also got hire Gurkha for their security purpose.

(04-03-2024, 06:07 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Last time i curious why SG got recurit Gurkha , later than I find out is pass down from last time when the British Colony rule SG.

The british themselves hire Gurkha , I happen to see a video I think few years back, in UK there they also got hire Gurkha for their security purpose.

Last month, UK recruited 170 Gurkhas flew directly from Nepal

(04-03-2024, 04:52 PM)moonrab Wrote:  No Security, no sovereignty. 
No jobs to compete with FT ..what you talking? about.

In addition to having  professional soldiers, UK traditionally, also recruited Gurkhas from Nepal..

After WWII, UK never believed in conscription - it's total rubbish.

What talking you?

(04-03-2024, 08:34 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Singapore never depend on one dissatisfied and defiance individual. Professor or laborer. Makes no difference. That includes you.

Do you really think, in the event of War, SAF NSmen are better than Gurkhas?

Let's see what you have between your ears

(04-03-2024, 06:30 PM)Scythian Wrote:  In addition to having  professional soldiers, UK traditionally, also recruited Gurkhas from Nepal..

After WWII, UK never believed in conscription - it's total rubbish.

What talking you?

Personnel. As of 1 July 2023 the British Armed Forces are a professional force with a total strength of 185,980 personnel, consisting of 140,300 UK Regulars and 4,140 Gurkhas, 33,210 Volunteer Reserves and 8,330 "Other Personnel".

Without conscription, you think Singapore can build such a size Armed Forces? 

Don't anyhow talk la..

(04-03-2024, 06:40 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Do you really think, in the event of War, SAF NSmen are better than Gurkhas?

Let's see what you have between your ears

You can ask Australia to use 100% Gurkhas for Armed force la..🤣
Pea Brain 🤭

Very tired of TS's rambling. The more he complained about Spore the more I feel that it's better run than Australia...

Ignore List: Oyk

(04-03-2024, 08:38 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  1 week ICT training is definitely too short.  Two weeks should be the norm.

I served 2.5 years as a NSF and endured 3 weeks of ICT before it was shortened to around 2 weeks, which I still found disruptive to my professional and family life.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post