S'pore : Foreign Interference law govt cite China operations in Australia as example

From Putin :
95% of terrorists' act involved the CIA.
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

(14-09-2021, 04:41 PM)justdoit2 Wrote:  The late 2018/2019 incident definitely refers to the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute.

As for espionage and cyber hacking, all nations are equally guilty.

Read the Law Minister’s speech on Foreign Interference Tactics and Countermeasures at the RSIS Conference, published on 25 Sep 2019

Read points 54 to 56.

That is a maritime.dispute not a "foreign interferences" through social media.....

This type of thing happened even before Internet was invented....whatvhas it got to do with "foreign interference" law which deals with websites posting etc?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-09-2021, 04:41 PM)justdoit2 Wrote:  The late 2018/2019 incident definitely refers to the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute.

As for espionage and cyber hacking, all nations are equally guilty.

Read the Law Minister’s speech on Foreign Interference Tactics and Countermeasures at the RSIS Conference, published on 25 Sep 2019

Read points 54 to 56.

Tioh, all self respecting countries engage in some form of espionage. So far Bolehland haven't hack our system yet.

However you've veered off pt with your post which implies dat Sinpwn is pointing fingers at Bolehland's foreign interference when oily pate Sham was being diplomatic and speaking broadly abt general foreign meddling [using mainly Tiongkok examples].

Our own  diplomat [Mahbubahni] was banished after professing publicly his pro-tiongkok stance which was contrary to what PAPaya held.
The crazy Harvard ed Tiongkok professor was later deported back to Tiongkok for covertly meddling with our politics [link back to Kishore].

Bolehland is less of a worry dan Tiongkok for our garbagemen.

(14-09-2021, 05:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is a maritime.dispute not a "foreign interferences" through social media.....

This type of thing happened even before Internet was invented....whatvhas it got to do with "foreign interference" law which deals with websites posting etc?
Read points 54 to 56 of the Law Minister’s speech, the organization New Naratif and what it had to do with Mahathir, PJ Thum and Kirsten Han.  

Point 57 - Read about the lady Rubaashini

(14-09-2021, 05:09 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Tioh, all self respecting countries engage in some form of espionage. So far Bolehland haven't hack our system yet.

However you've veered off pt with your post which implies dat Sinpwn is pointing fingers at Bolehland's foreign interference when oily pate Sham was being diplomatic and speaking broadly abt general foreign meddling [using mainly Tiongkok examples].

Our own  diplomat [Mahbubahni] was banished after professing publicly his pro-tiongkok stance which was contrary to what PAPaya held.
The crazy Harvard ed Tiongkok professor was later deported back to Tiongkok for covertly meddling with our politics [link back to Kishore].

Bolehland is less of a worry dan Tiongkok for our garbagemen.
The law does not target any country in particular. Read the speech by the Law Minister again.  Many countries were mentioned. Espionage by one country on another country can be conducted in many forms. 

But the late 2018 and early 2019 incident mentioned is definitely referring to the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute.

Talibon deal
Blinken-Talibon-China
Nicholas approaches Texas coast

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-14-at-18-18-30-Blinke...Search.png]

(14-09-2021, 04:59 PM)singlon Wrote:  From Putin :
95% of terrorists' act involved the CIA.

Tio lah!  Thumbs_up

About time to add new laws and update old laws to meet the challenges and threats of digital age. ....... Clapping

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(14-09-2021, 06:34 PM)DHuliwang Wrote:  About time to add new laws and update old laws to meet the challenges and threats of digital age. ....... Clapping

Yes, laws should evolve with new challenges.

(14-09-2021, 02:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I often disagree with pro China view.

But I believe these pro China view does not come from the kind of foreign interference  they are talking about but is natural among those who are Chinese educated or have strong Chinese cultural ties. There is now dispute between the west and east hence there is natural inclination to side China.

China pumps alot of propaganda in the cyberspace ....but those who read it have already chosen side....rarely the other way around that they read the propaganda and become influenced.

When singapore terrex  was detained by China these S'poreans go and support China without any influence but as a natural response.....

And I believe this is understandable as the rise of China evoke so much pride and sense of historical importance everything else is overlooked.

It is not only Rise of China, it is Rise of Asia.
China will lead us next few hundred years of prosperity. The West is declining, the East is the rising star.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(14-09-2021, 06:03 PM)justdoit2 Wrote:  The law does not target any country in particular. Read the speech by the Law Minister again.  Many countries were mentioned. Espionage by one country on another country can be conducted in many forms. 

But the late 2018 and early 2019 incident mentioned is definitely referring to the Singapore, Malaysia maritime dispute.

Dis wan I have to concede your pt.

(14-09-2021, 06:44 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It is not only Rise of China, it is Rise of Asia.
China will lead us next few hundred years of prosperity.

How?
Watch the water.
Chanthu for China
Nicholas for Texas.
Simple thought not enough

(14-09-2021, 06:46 PM)singlon Wrote:  How?
Watch the water.
Chanthu for China
Nicholas for Texas.
Simple thought not enough

Asia is not in Team.
We need to unite as one...
Now the first step to do is to set up Asian currency.

Now the major problem is Nippon is still fickle minded.
The first 3 countries to form alliance are
中日韩。Once this is done, 印度阿三 will join in.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(14-09-2021, 11:34 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Notice that the law was announced just as Wang Yi is visiting SG. It's a signal to him.

If it is really a signal (or slap) to him, I guess China will have the right to reciprocate likewise by announcing some important law/investment when a Spore minister visits China next time.

(14-09-2021, 07:22 PM)You sgxin Wrote:  If it is really a signal (or slap) to him, I guess China will have the right to reciprocate likewise by announcing some important law/investment when a Spore minister visits China next time.
The law is not targeting at any country in particular but social media platforms/individual that meddle with our domestic politics.

Singapore BORN 3/4 chinese at Shangrila Singapore
for US Military Intels allowed to drop.

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-14-at-19-56-54-Hurric...ss-Fle.png]

b patient to load traffic 100,000