Singapore should return to having Parliament appoint president: Tan Kin Lian

(27-08-2023, 07:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is saying this in the context of those saying president has a narrow role and cannot improve lives of people.  Why then go through an entire election to get a president who does nothing.

Anyway the amount of distorted reporting and more attacks over pretty girl posts is to pressure people mot to vote for TKL and put Tharman a PAP man jnto office

Tharman has an OSA conviction that the media does even question why he committed it....that is more serious than using the phrase "pretty girl" but it does not surface in the media

President got do things but just not the kind of powers he wanted. He should go take part in GE if he wants that kind of power. Where is he in last GE?
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(27-08-2023, 07:26 AM)winbig Wrote:  President got do things but just not the kind of powers he wanted. He should go take part in GE if he wants that kind of power. Where is he in last GE?
On the contrary a PE involves all eligible voters in Singapore .
Whoever elected has the moral authority snd duty of care to those who suporter him. The mainstream media is distorting.

..and characterising the president as some kind of disabled puppet .to get people to vote for those who would play this type of role....it is ridiculous.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(27-08-2023, 07:03 AM)winbig Wrote:  Exactly. If TKL really wants to change this and that and wanted to improve Singaporean's lives then he should take part in GE to get elected into parliament. I don't see him around in last GE.

He thought PE is a short cut to gain power.

Finally, he apologised to the ladies. That's good.

Let's move on...
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

Just milking what they can.
Same old same old.
The key word is select
while u elect
never never enjoy drama or saga
DICE is loaded.
we have 3 tinted Indians
with 3 chinese
1. Indian tioed
2. Black and white
3. WEF sotong man
1. chinese WEF foundation trustee went to Vatican city appeared in HK upheavel Emergency spare tire
2. chikopek ahpek
3.blinking eyes spotlights.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(27-08-2023, 07:35 AM)moonrab Wrote:  He thought PE is a short cut to gain power.

Dont think so. He was just speaking his mind and he has different ideas on the president's soft power. Maybe he didnt put it across properly. Or maybe he got wrong advice?

Whatever it is , he seems to be on the right track now.

Definitely better than pap & estab puppets.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(27-08-2023, 07:49 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Dont think so. He was just speaking his mind and he has different ideas on the president's soft power. Maybe he didnt put it across properly. Or maybe he got wrong advice?

Whatever it is , he seems to be on the right track now.

Definitely better than pap & estab puppets.

Some people are wondering why he don't know Singapore President has custodial and discretion powers only. Not executive power. 

After all, he was in PAP party for 30 years...
That's not a short period.

He wants to change the system and the only way he can suggest changes is to get in as President. If he is not in, he cannot even suggest for changes.

So lets all vote him in for changes and make the President’s job more exciting for his/her salary

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

(27-08-2023, 08:15 AM)klat Wrote:  He wants to change the system and the only way he can suggest changes is to get in as President. If he is not in, he cannot even suggest for changes.

So lets all vote him in for changes and make the President’s job more exciting for his/her salary

Initially a lot of people had misconceptions about what the president can do. But after explaining, a lot still want to deliberately refuse to acknowledge the powers of the president and live in their own world kaki gong kaki song hallucinating that the president got certain powers to help them punish pap. Really SMH.

Then he better understand that as head of state he can prevent Klaus swabb from taking our keys and this time is different with the keys at stake. The head of govt issues he has to leave it to elected parliament members to nato

head of state is not head of govt. but as head of state he is in power to fend off international vultures and dangers

(27-08-2023, 10:27 AM)winbig Wrote:  Initially a lot of people had misconceptions about what the president can do. But after explaining, a lot still want to deliberately refuse to acknowledge the powers of the president and live in their own world kaki gong kaki song hallucinating that the president got certain powers to help them punish pap. Really SMH.

I guess they are trying to fool the voters. Win the PE first.
Then go back to reality.

(26-08-2023, 09:52 PM)moonrab Wrote:  TKL;

No point having an elected president if his hands are tied on issues, he added.

“I got a lot of notices about what are the things I cannot do, so I think it’s quite an unproductive exercise,” he said at a members-only event, organised by the National University of Singapore Society (NUSS) on Saturday afternoon"

Finally he understood President does not has executive power..phew..😅

After misleading so many Singaporean including some members over here.
Now lamented, suggest go back to old system selecting President, by the cabinet.  Laughing
Conman?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

If TKL become president, they will change the constitution to appointed president next because they can't accept lost.

(27-08-2023, 07:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  On the contrary a PE involves all eligible voters in Singapore .
Whoever elected has the moral authority snd duty of care to those who suporter him. The mainstream media is distorting.

..and characterising the president as some kind of disabled puppet .to get people to vote for those who would play this type of role....it is ridiculous.

The president is not puppet. Just that he don't have the kind of powers u guys hope he will have so as to punish pap on your behalf. If TKL becomes president, he'll be a puppet, Lim Tean and gang's puppet.

(27-08-2023, 11:02 AM)Instinct Wrote:  If TKL become president, they will change the constitution to appointed president next because they can't accept lost.

Win first then say.  Rotfl

(27-08-2023, 10:46 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Conman?

Unsuccessful Conman..🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post