TKL claims voters prefer S'pore-born President spouse, being slammed 'dangerous'

(25-08-2023, 07:31 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Cannot comment on other people's wife, but others can make fun of his granddaughter as being molested by their grandpa

BTW, TKL did not comment on other people's wives

Let's be clear about that

He is just emphasizing that he believes locals prefer local bred local born as President and 1st lady

If you do not think so, it's your prerogative but many do know that as a fact

That's why when the China's 2nd team win at table tennis, we always ask if they are locals or not

This shows we still prefer locals

Now, in the disastrous aftermath of the CECA debacle, this notion of appreciating LOCALS is even more intense!
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

(25-08-2023, 07:32 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Is he referring to Tharman's Japanese wife leh? Thinking

Both other candidates wife. Foreign born but became Singaporean. 

However for Mrs Tharman, she lived in Singapore since 3 years old. I felt it is sad for TKL to claim she is not true blue Singaporean. 

My parents from China but worked in Singapore whole life. Anyone claim they are not true blue Singaporean will be curse to hell...
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(25-08-2023, 07:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Both other candidates wife. Foreign born but became Singaporean. 

However for Mrs Tharman, she lived in Singapore since 3 years old. I felt it is sad for TKL to claim she is not true blue Singaporean. 

My parents from China but worked in Singapore whole life. Anyone claim they are not true blue Singaporean will be curse to hell...

You again.....trying so hard to conjure up sob stories

It is a fact she is not true-blue local born local bred Sinkie

Not only that, she has a Japanese father!

As a commoner, no issue, but as representative at the highest office, it is an embarrassment, to say the least

Pangsai!! Oops, I mean Banzai!!! Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-08-2023, 07:45 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You again.....trying so hard to conjure up sob stories

As a commoner, no issue, but as representative at the highest office, it is an embarrassment, to say the least

Speaking to the media before a walkabout at the Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre on Friday morning, Mr Tan Kin Lian said that he wanted to re-introduce his spouse, whom he said also goes by the married name Mrs Tan Kin Lian.

He said that he had done so in order for Singaporeans to have “a choice of the 'first lady'”.

“There are three (potential) first ladies, so you can have a choice. My wife, like me, we are born in Singapore. We are blue-blooded Singaporeans,” said the former chief of NTUC Incom

Very obviously he is deliberately comparing his true blue Singaporean wife with the other two wife's.  crying

(25-08-2023, 07:45 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You again.....trying so hard to conjure up sob stories

Japanese blood flows within her body leh! Confused

(25-08-2023, 07:29 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  It’s just like jobs.

Would you go full retard on an employer who says he prefers to hire Singaporeans first instead of oh I’m an equal opportunity employer all nationalities also I accept and hire in Singapore. Especially ceca.

Not really the same. Based on Tiko Lian's logic, sinkie men who married foreign wives are second class citizens. Cannot be right? Besides it is bad taste to comment on someone s wife or family just because of where they are born.
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

(25-08-2023, 07:54 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Speaking to the media before a walkabout at the Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre on Friday morning, Mr Tan Kin Lian said that he wanted to re-introduce his spouse, whom he said also goes by the married name Mrs Tan Kin Lian.

He said that he had done so in order for Singaporeans to have “a choice of the 'first lady'”.

“There are three (potential) first ladies, so you can have a choice. My wife, like me, we are born in Singapore. We are blue-blooded Singaporeans,” said the former chief of NTUC Incom

Very obviously he is deliberately comparing his true blue Singaporean wife with the othe two wife's.  crying

That's your own perception

He did not say or compare anything, he just states his own facts of his and his wife are local born local bred 

You can read anything you like, but you can be sued for defamation, understand?

Singapore's first elected President Ong Teng Cheong was married to Ling Siew May, who was born in Shanghai, China. 

Singapore's first president Yusof Ishak was born in Malaysia.

Friends how many of your parents and grandparents are not True Blue Singaporean. Accordingly to TKL mentality. 

Think carefully. Our Pioneer, Medeka Generation. Don't let political cloud blind your hearts.
[+] 2 users Like moonrab's post

(25-08-2023, 07:56 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Not really the same. Based on Tiko Lian's logic, sinkie men who married foreign wives are second class citizens. Cannot be right? Besides it is bad taste to comment on someone s wife or family just because of where they are born.

How is it bad taste when speaking the truth?

For all you know, majority of Sinkies may like foreign wives to be their 1st lady..

2nd class is what you say, not implied or inferred from what TKL said

You are been presumptuous and filled with confirmation bias and reading unnecessary nuances into this

Get off your high moral horse, you barking up the wrong tree

(25-08-2023, 07:58 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  That's your own perception

He did not say or compare anything, he just states his own facts of his and his wife are local born local bred 

You can read anything you like, but you can be sued for defamation, understand?

“There are three (potential) first ladies, so you can have a choice. My wife, like me, we are born in Singapore. We are blue-blooded Singaporeans,” said the former chief of NTUC Income.

Open you eyes. This statement directly from the horse mouth...

(25-08-2023, 08:00 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Singapore's first elected President Ong Teng Cheong was married to Ling Siew May, who was born in Shanghai, China. 

Singapore's first president Yusof Ishak was born in Malaysia.

Friends how many of your parents and grandparents are not True Blue Singaporean. Accordingly to TKL mentality. 

Think carefully. Our Pioneer, Medeka Generation. Don't let political cloud blind your hearts.

So nothing wrong in what TKL said

He is speaking to those who prefer local born local bred local everything 

Anything wrong?

Go so low to sell his wife for election campaign power leh
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

(25-08-2023, 08:02 PM)moonrab Wrote:  “There are three (potential) first ladies, so you can have a choice. My wife, like me, we are born in Singapore. We are blue-blooded Singaporeans,” said the former chief of NTUC Income.

Open you eyes. This statement directly from the horse mouth...

Anything wrong with what he said?

Did he say you must vote for him because his wife and him are local born local bred local everything?

No right?
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

We are choosing who is the next president not whose wife is our next mrs president

Why the pec never mentioned who has foreign wife will be disqualified from participating PE?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(25-08-2023, 08:04 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  So nothing wrong in what TKL said

Anything wrong?

Insinuating division among Singaporean. 
Too me, it's xenophobic. 
And not a quality for the highest office.

(25-08-2023, 08:04 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  So nothing wrong in what TKL said

Anything wrong?

Actually he is right lah! Big Grin True blue born in Singapore better lah!
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

starbugs Wrote:Not really the same. Based on Tiko Lian's logic, sinkie men who married foreign wives are second class citizens. Cannot be right? Besides it is bad taste to comment on someone s wife or family just because of where they are born.

He did not say that they are second class citizens. 

He also did not comment anything bad about being born overseas.

He just said Singaporeans prefer locally born citizens.

What is wrong with that comment?  

In Singapore job postings portals, the recruiting companies have to advertise and choose a Singapore citizen job seeker before opening up to other foreign nationalities.  I don’t see any hoo har there.

So as to support the estab’s choice of the EP, the MSM go overboard and distort TKL’s comment till kingdom come.

I luv PAP!  *Fawn* *Fawn* *Simper* *Simper* Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-08-2023, 08:06 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  We are choosing who is the next president not whose wife is our next mrs president

Why the pec never mentioned who has foreign wife will be disqualified from participating PE?

But their foreign wives will affect them lah! Confused

No vote from this talk rubbish nonsense dude !!!!

Only NKS looks the only safe one. 
[+] 1 user Likes SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

(25-08-2023, 08:05 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Anything wrong with what he said?

Did he say you must vote for him because his wife and him are local born local bred local everything?

No right?

He was comparing the Candidate's wife's as a choice for voters.
No?
What about his "don't meddle with my family" request? Forgotten?

(25-08-2023, 08:09 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  But their foreign wives will affect them lah! Confused

Then leave it to fate loh

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

cheekopekman Wrote:But their foreign wives will affect them lah! Confused

Imagine having to bow in the emperor’s direction every morning! Big Grin

(25-08-2023, 08:07 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Insinuating division among Singaporean. 
Too me, it's xenophobic. 
And not a quality for the highest office.

You and your exaggerations

LKY had always said and hold to this truth....that divisions are there, it's latent and inborn, that's why there is HDB quota on race

Please come down from cloud nine 

TKL will make a GREAT PEOPLE's President

Full Stop

(25-08-2023, 06:46 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  We need to call a spade a spade

I reiterate this again:

Singapore is NOT ready for an Indian President

CECA is the proof

We are also not ready for a Japanese mix First Lady

This echoes the sentiment of many of the eldest who had experienced the atrocities of the Japanese in ww2

Maybe next generation when all of them had died out, then maybe we are ready

But pouring radioactive waters into the SCS is a BIG NO NO

So we are calling a spade a spade

The Japs will never change, we do not like to identify with such low-life

Hello, what do u mean Singapore is not ready for Indian president? We already had 2 Indian presidents. U live in mountain is it?  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(25-08-2023, 08:11 PM)moonrab Wrote:  He was comparing the Candidate's wife's as a choice for voters.
No?
What about his "don't meddle with my family" request? Forgotten?

He is not comparing

No one is meddling, do not put words into his mouth

Plain folks" is a form of propaganda and a logical fallacy. A plain folks argument is one in which the speaker presents themselves as an average Joe — a common person who can understand and empathize with a listener's concerns.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(25-08-2023, 08:08 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Actually he is right lah! Big Grin True blue born in Singapore better lah!

All 3 candidates are true blue born in Singapore lah. We are choosing president not president's family.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

(25-08-2023, 08:12 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Then leave it to fate loh

(25-08-2023, 08:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Imagine having to bow in the emperor’s direction every morning! Big Grin

As long as they are foreigners they will always think of their countries 1st mah! Confused  If war happens they will balek kampong 1st lah!
[+] 3 users Like cheekopekman's post

(25-08-2023, 08:13 PM)winbig Wrote:  Hello, what do u mean Singapore is not ready for Indian president? We already had 2 Indian presidents. U live in mountain is it?  Laughing

You sleeping or what?

Did you vote for them?

I didn't 

IAM of the belief that the present sentiments remained the same. We are NOT ready!

CECA is the proof