The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore

(11-02-2024, 11:47 AM)sgh Wrote:  If 2019 to you is old system then the Ezylink is dinosaur system liao lagi hard to get spare parts and software obsolete without paying an arm or leg

It is not about old or new system.
you cannot replace ezylink with a system which does not show fare value. The main feature is missing.
By right,they should develop a new system which display fare value

(11-02-2024, 09:47 AM)forum456 Wrote:  it is not a rollout issue.
if you work in the govt sector, you will know that this kind of mistakes are very common.
for example, recently LTA reversed decision on to prolong a bus service.

the reason is very simple.
in private sector, private companies will make decision to benefit the commuters so that they will continue to use their products.
in govt sector, commuters are liabilities for subsidies, the govt agencies will make decision to cut cost and commuters are forced to use their services.

in private sector, companies know that commuters have choices to choose.
in govt sector, govt agencies know that commuters have no choice to choose.

For past 15 or 20 Years, PM Lee cannot transform his Party

Because all YES MEN and Bad Role Models

And cannot transform unless PM Lee permanently disappear

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(11-02-2024, 11:53 AM)forum456 Wrote:  It is not about old or new system.
you cannot replace ezylink with a system which does not show fare value. The main feature is missing.
By right,they should develop a new system which display fare value

Display of fare realtime was considered as explained by LTA but has performance issue so they did not rollout. They by right should settle that but underestimate the customers need for that feature as highest priority. I believe moving forward that feature is the highest priority on the features list to be rolled out.

(11-02-2024, 07:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Oit is wrong to say SimolyGo is a disaster when it is working fine.

It's more a rollout issue and phasing out of ezlink.

SimpleGo itself works well.

Someone told me that you used to ride a pmd, and when it was then proposed to be banned on footpaths, you fought ferociously against the voice of the majority.

The mechanical bicycle works well, why do you want to use a pmd?

Speed, lazy to paddle.

Same reason for SG.  Using the App to check fares is far slower than having it displayed right away when you scan your EZ Link Card.  People are also becoming App-fatigue, and lazy to download, arrange and organise a hundred and one Apps on the phone screen, to check their fare and card balance.

A whopping 2 million Singaporeans out of a total population of 3.5 million of us are aged 55 and above.  The remaining 1.5 million....about half are concession card (NS, School).  They are not affected by the change at all.

Meanwhile, the IT gurus working inside LTA's IT Department are all yang.  This is a case of yang peepur writing Apps for OLD folks who are already suffering from App-fatigue.

I have seen many yang peepur scanning their way in and out with a smartphone; some did it even better, they did it with a smartwatch.  I have yet to see one boomer doing that.

So the primary reason for SG's failure is that the target users are the older folks, not the students who are having lessons that would prepare them for the digital world, not the army boys who are App-savvy, but they failed to meet their needs. You force them to take what you have instead of giving them what they need.

SG has been around since 2019.  The low take-up rate among seniors should be the best survey ever, that 2 million commuters do not like it.  And they are voters.  What is the use of interviewing people at mrt stations, the yang ones, whom you think are Sinkies but are in fact Malaysians who can't vote, and who probably are more receptive to new technology anyway because they are well, yang?  If you use such data, you create statistical bias.

I would put a ballpark figure of 7 out of 10 commuters being foreigners.  Why?  60% of the population are Sinkies right?  Well, they are here:

1.  Driving cars
2.  In school and not affected
3.  At nursing homes, senior care centres, or simply at home and not rushing for work

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(11-02-2024, 12:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Someone told me that you used to ride a pmd, and when it was then proposed to be banned on footpaths, you fought ferociously against the voice of the majority.

The mechanical bicycle works well, why do you want to use a pmd?

Speed, lazy to paddle.

Same reason for SG.  Using the App to check fares is far slower than having it displayed right away when you scan your EZ Link Card.  People are also becoming App-fatigue, and lazy to download, arrange and organise a hundred and one Apps on the phone screen, to check their fare and card balance.

A whopping 2 million Singaporeans out of a total population of 3.5 million of us are aged 55 and above.  The remaining 1.5 million....about half are concession card (NS, School).  They are not affected by the change at all.

Meanwhile, the IT gurus working inside LTA's IT Department are all yang.  This is a case of yang peepur writing Apps for OLD folks who are already suffering from App-fatigue.

I have seen many yang peepur scanning their way in and out with a smartphone; some did it even better, they did it with a smartwatch.  I have yet to see one boomer do that.

So the primary reason for SG's failure is that the target users are the older folks, not the students who are having lessons that would prepare them for the digital world, not the army boys who are App-savvy.  

SG has been around since 2019.  The low take-up rate among seniors should be the best survey ever, that 2 million commuters do not like it.  And they are voters.  What is the use of interviewing people at mrt stations, the yanf ones, whom you think are Sinkies but are in fact Malaysians who can't vote, and who probably are more receptive to new technology anyway because they are well, yang?  If you use such data, you create statistical bias.

I would put a ballpark figure of 7 out of 10 commuters being foreigners.  Why?  60% of the population are Sinkies right?  well, they are here:

1.  Driving cars
2.  In school and not affected
3.  At nursing homes, old folks home or simply at home and not rushing for work

Just a slight correction. I believe LTA IT are outsource contract to vendors with their own IT ppl overseeing the project. The actual young ppl writing the apps are not LTA own ppl. GovTech which stat board ministries use them some are also outsource further but some is own ppl do the implementation.

Essentially Spore not enough IT tech talents doing the ground work so ceca muscle in.

Back to the topic of realtime fare display it is likely it was considered but was not roll out as the top decision making ppl either in LTA or GovTech advise ok to proceed without that feature. They underestimate the demand for that feature so they should take the blame for inferior judgement capabilities for their job role.

Aiya drivers hv another set of problems with simplygo which cannot be used for parking, erp and etc.

Luckily I found out that before upgrading all to simplygo

(11-02-2024, 12:14 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Aiya drivers hv another set of problems with simplygo which cannot be used for parking, erp and etc.

Luckily I found out that before upgrading all to simplygo

Thee next hoo-ha for Spore drivers will be ERP. All cars need to slowly go and fit new satellite based device. Await to see any hoo-ha once launched live hehehe

(11-02-2024, 12:17 PM)sgh Wrote:  Thee next hoo-ha for Spore drivers will be ERP. All cars need to slowly go and fit new satellite based device. Await to see any hoo-ha once launched live hehehe

The installation will take 3 to 4 hrs? What to do during the long hours?

(11-02-2024, 12:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  The installation will take 3 to 4 hrs? What to do during the long hours?

到附近逛逛喝咖啡或厕所里面打飞机在别论坛看到驾车人士留言

No just simply got to go and the new erp gadgets, many nonsensical "inventions" for the past several yrs for covid as well. Must hv wasted lots of money

(11-02-2024, 12:00 PM)sgh Wrote:  Display of fare realtime was considered as explained by LTA but has performance issue so they did not rollout. They by right should settle that but underestimate the customers need for that feature as highest priority. I believe moving forward that feature is the highest priority on the features list to be rolled out.

it is not about performance issue.
it is more because LTA is the monopoly and master of the commuters.
LTA should not remove the fare display feature at all.

let take an extreme example.
If LTA is the only bank in Singapore, LTA will replace the ATM which will not display the bank balance and ask customers
to use mobile app to check bank balance.

DBS will never replace the ATMs which do not show bank balance because all customers will go to OCBC and UOB if DBS
ATMs do not show bank balance.

it is not the issue of performance or obsolete system.
It is the issue that LTA is the master over the commuters.

(11-02-2024, 07:49 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  i think the dark truth is that LTA fuckked up the survey,,dunno they say they have ask many pple test use...simplygo

but maybe all of them are pap porlumpars..lol

have do survey lah, but all bullshit.
so basic feature also cannot do, no eye to see.

(11-02-2024, 12:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Someone told me that you used to ride a pmd, and when it was then proposed to be banned on footpaths, you fought ferociously against the voice of the majority.

Minister of state for Transport Lam Pin Min banned PMD on footpath and he was voted out of SengKang GRC.

This explains why Minister  Chee Hong Tat made U turn on SimplyGo and a bus service.
If not, he will be voted out like MP Lam Pin Min.

(11-02-2024, 11:15 AM)sgh Wrote:  Using my analogy Nokia phone no more build new spare parts so you will keep using until no spare parts can be found then switch? Switch is easy as just buy new smartphone but for backend IT system a lot need to do cannot just say switch within a day

but how come the new system is worse than the old system?

(11-02-2024, 10:16 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  1. Project team's failures
2. Lack of accountability

The Biggest Problem is PART-TIME Ministers

And a BAD Performance / Disciplinary System

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(11-02-2024, 03:00 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  but how come the new system is worse than the old system?

Another poor planning lah.
Ownself cockup ownself.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(11-02-2024, 01:38 PM)forum456 Wrote:  it is not about performance issue.
it is more because LTA is the monopoly and master of the commuters.
LTA should not remove the fare display feature at all.

let take an extreme example.
If LTA is the only bank in Singapore, LTA will replace the ATM which will not display the bank balance and ask customers
to use mobile app to check bank balance.

DBS will never replace the ATMs which do not show bank balance because all customers will go to OCBC and UOB if DBS
ATMs do not show bank balance.

it is not the issue of performance or obsolete system.
It is the issue that LTA is the master over the commuters.

Monopoly I see. I guess we get the govt we vote for since LTA is a stat board under govt.

(11-02-2024, 03:00 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  but how come the new system is worse than the old system?

The new system decision maker underestimate the need for realtime display of fare as I believe most drive rather than take public transport.

Anyway ERP 2.0 coming soon will impact those decision maker since they drive

WOW 
EVEN ON HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR ALSO DO NT STOP HAMPERING THE IDIOTIC RUN LTA

i think many are angry furious disappointed on wasting money irresponsibly 40m +another40m or >80m in total for a software 
mind u there are tons n tons of software engineers in pap run agencies like DSO  DSA  LTS ETC
yet they cant handle as compared to OCTUPUS CARD OF GK N OTHER COUNTRIES TRAVEL CARDS,
LOOK NO FAR LOOK AT MALAYSIA

last time while i was in LKY project management office

they complain LKY and their managements was very controlling and meticulous
they control everything

but most projects done by the LKY government this way has less wastage and problems

when MRT started under the OTC and LKY era
there was less problems less congestion

when son take over
there was often break down and conjestion

(11-02-2024, 04:09 PM)talky Wrote:  WOW 
EVEN ON HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR ALSO DO NT STOP HAMPERING THE IDIOTIC RUN LTA

i think many are angry furious disappointed on wasting money irresponsibly 40m +another40m or >80m in total for a software 
mind u there are tons n tons of software engineers in pap run agencies like DSO  DSA  LTS ETC
yet they cant handle as compared to OCTUPUS CARD OF GK N OTHER COUNTRIES TRAVEL CARDS,
LOOK NO FAR LOOK AT MALAYSIA

DSO DSTA nowadays less hands on all doing project management work. The outsourced vendor employee do the actual hands on work. But decision like to have or dnt have features lies on govt entity in this case LTA so yes those LTA that overlook the need to have realtime display of fare need to be responsible.

(11-02-2024, 04:13 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  last time while i was in LKY project management office

they complain LKY and their managements  was very controlling and meticulous
they control everything

but most projects done by the LKY government this way has less wastage and problems

when son take over

First Gen is layman, they know the ground very well. They know ppl hardship clearly.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Chee Hong Tat said that Jamus Lim is wrong to label rice as an essential item as rice when made into sushi is a luxury item.????

(11-02-2024, 04:13 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  last time while i was in LKY project management office

they complain LKY and their managements  was very controlling and meticulous
they control everything

when son take over

You la kopi for lky? Really df

(11-02-2024, 04:53 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You la kopi for lky? Really df

well the facts is

the previous management has everything thought out well

the current does not

LKY is NOT with the MRT project
LKY know he has too much projects to take care

OTC told LKY he can do the MRT project
at least LKY get the correct guy to do the project

the current leader cannot do that
cause the current leader cannot see what the father can see
the current leader only pay ridiculous paycheck hopeful he can get the right guy to do his project
all he get was hopeless people

(11-02-2024, 05:00 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  well the facts is

the previous management has everything thought out well

the current does not

LKY is NOT with the MRT project
LKY know he has too much projects to take care

OTC told LKY he can do the MRT project
at least LKY get the correct guy to do the project

the current leader cannot do that
cause the current leader cannot see what the father can see
the current leader only pay ridiculous paycheck hopeful he can get the right guy to do his project
all he get was hopeless people

If you continue to la kopi for his son maybe he could be like his father. Why you stop doing that?

(11-02-2024, 05:04 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If you continue to la kopi for his son maybe he could be like his father. Why you stop doing that?

hello

you need smart leader who can see things that  leader will get the correct people

if a leader cannot see things. THEY will never get smart people!

you think you smarter than the leader. the leader will lick your ass
your thoughts are from happy ending Hollywood movies
not in the real world from the real world

(11-02-2024, 02:09 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Minister of state for Transport Lam Pin Min banned PMD on footpath and he was voted out of SengKang GRC.

This explains why Minister  Chee Hong Tat made U turn on SimplyGo and a bus service.
If not, he will be voted out like MP Lam Pin Min.

I don't think most Singaporeans wanted PMD on footpaths which endangered everyone or at very least caused all pedestrians inconvenience. 

LPM was unlikely to be voted out because of that unless you argue that para one above is not true.

I believe that he lost because he was in the GRC where Jamus was contesting. Jamus had solid credentials and Singaporeans didn't just want any comedian but a serious contender while LPM was merely a backbench MP and not going to be a big loss albeit a loss.

Aljuunied was a similar story. They had Low Thia Khiang throwing in everything in a battle to death, do or die, it's either you die or I, and there was Chen Show 🐱 whose legal career was as impressive as the history lessons he was later going to give about the Tang dynasty. George Yeo was a low profile foreign minister whom voters thought they could afford to lose. George didn't lose because voters had something against him.

(11-02-2024, 12:11 PM)sgh Wrote:  Just a slight correction. I believe LTA IT are outsource contract to vendors with their own IT ppl overseeing the project. The actual young ppl writing the apps are not LTA own ppl. GovTech which stat board ministries use them some are also outsource further but some is own ppl do the implementation.

Essentially Spore not enough IT tech talents doing the ground work so ceca muscle in.

Back to the topic of realtime fare display it is likely it was considered but was not roll out as the top decision making ppl either in LTA or GovTech advise ok to proceed without that feature. They underestimate the demand for that feature so they should take the blame for inferior judgement capabilities for their job role.
Full time staff, part time staff, contract staff, temporary staff, outsourced staff, they are all LTA's IT staff.

You added no value to the discussion at all other than to say something for the sake of saying something.

And I shant go into a "discussion" on who's ultimately responsible. I have had enough of this broken record which invariably ended with - It's PAP's fault! Pinkie! VTO! Vote wisely! 

I am interested in doing a post mortem, what went wrong while you are more interested in pointing fingers. I suppose you have your mother's genes..

http://tinyurl.com/3urwthvc