Tommy Koh : S'pore left out of democracy summit as we are not considered democratic

(10-12-2021, 02:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Obviously democracy is not for every society especially not workable for those with groups with high animosity towards each other...they may not be ready for democracy ...they need to learn the most basic thing of living together harmoniously first then democracy can work.

You think in our region, it is a Alice in Wonderland environment? 
Go study our history in this Malay archipelago region...

Our independence was not one that can be taken for granted...

As for the younger sgrean, never think what we have now will always be here...
No one will take it away once we foolishly follow US democracy blindly like some people wishes for.

(10-12-2021, 03:08 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Not 10 years. It's 20 years  under US system!

That is even worst.  Laughing

He and pinky dont like each other

Opasnie-14

Laughing

(10-12-2021, 02:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Obviously democracy is not for every society especially not workable for those with groups with high animosity towards each other...they may not be ready for democracy ...they need to learn the most basic thing of living together harmoniously first then democracy can work.

You want to end up like that crying whinny guy?....... Rolleyes

[Image: AH-BUTTTTTT.jpg]

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(10-12-2021, 06:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You want to end up like that crying whinny guy?....... Rolleyes

This cartoon depicts what had happened in those countries that had American interference.... Clapping

Many were bought into believing the American is the good guy, until their own news media began to show what the American did on Middle East.

“It’s like when the tide subsides we get to see who has not put on a swimming costume….” This saying I learnt from the Taiwanese😅

I see many comments that democracy is bad because US did this and that.

Democracy did not make US do those things. Democracy is just a system.of govt ..what decisions leaders make in the system ban be good or bad.
Democracy does not force you to make.good or bad decisions. It just has check and balance of power.

If u say democracy is bad...the dictatorships are worse look at Hitler look at Stalin look at Musoullini.  At least in a democracy there js a way to remove the person in power before he caused more damage.

There are many examples of democratic countries that live peacefully and in harmony.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

omg.....so many 阿Q正傳 here....no wonder going downhill

(10-12-2021, 06:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I see many comments that democracy is bad because US did this and that.

Who define democracy?

Americans?
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(10-12-2021, 06:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I see many comments that democracy is bad because US did this and that.

Democracy did not make US do those things. Democracy is just a system.of govt ..what decisions leaders make in the system ban be good or bad.
Democracy does not force you to make.good or bad decisions. It just has check and balance of power.

If u say democracy is bad...the dictatorships are worse look at Hitler look at Stalin look at Musoullini.  At least in a democracy there js a way to remove the person in power before he caused more damage.

There are many examples of democratic countries that live peacefully and in harmony.
I agree with your findings, there are some countries that had made good with democracy.....It is a dictator country that we are afraid of, where the people's situation is not taken care of...... Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

"I see many comments that democracy is bad because US did this and that."   

Not democracy is bad. I said US is not democratic.  

Democracy includes human right. Human right includes human life, which is the first priority, is protected. Is human life protected in US?   

US Covid infection reached 50 million and 815,000 deaths reaching 1 million very soon. Heard of "I can't breathe"? How many die every year due to guns and weapons? Life and death also not cared, how to talk about human right and democracy?  

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

[Image: D31-C9-AE1-E871-4460-A664-DE58-C75-AAC2-C.jpg]

syonan's ultra rich uncle lao ah guan wasn't invited to go on stage, very tulan

[Image: AD627-F48-7467-4-C7-F-BC3-A-62-C3408-A89-C0.jpg]

[Image: 3061-B53-F-F1-B1-45-B8-B8-DA-DEDA746-FBBF4.jpg]

(10-12-2021, 07:28 PM)Fleetdestroyer Wrote:  [Image: 3061-B53-F-F1-B1-45-B8-B8-DA-DEDA746-FBBF4.jpg]

This cartoon depicts what the US had been doing, in the name of democracy they bomb enemies infrastructure till all of it become rubbles....   Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Tommy is a Bloody lao ghey

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 07:36 PM)debono Wrote:  This cartoon depicts what the US had been doing, in the name of democracy they bomb enemies infrastructure till all of it become rubbles....   Angry

Nice titties

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 06:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You want to end up like that crying whinny guy?....... Rolleyes

Is this called democracy?     More like democraZy

Rotfl

(10-12-2021, 07:43 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Tommy is a Bloody lao ghey

talks and behaves like an old woman

The 11th Hour close to midnight
Don't forget to read the comments

So US cannot be the one deciding who is democratic and who is autocratic. Right? 

Which democratic country in yours opinion is peaceful and harmony? Care to share?

Lastly, is SG not peaceful and harmony?

(10-12-2021, 06:00 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  He and pinky dont like each other

he often criticised pap govt  w facts  n truth  sane as ex edb chairman phillip yeo

Opasnie-14

philip yeo and lee wei ling cannot get along together either.

A Dialogue on Democracy 李世默:如果美国不改变,自由这个词就不配放在民主前面

12月2日,“中外学者谈民主”高端对话会在北京举行。清华大学战略与安全研究中心中国论坛副理事长李世默,对自由主义政体衡量民主的标准提出质疑:当下世界之所以出了问题,是因为如今自由主义已经不能服务于民主了,是时候重新审视“自由”和“民主”的关系了。

(11-12-2021, 09:49 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  philip yeo and lee wei ling cannot get along together either.

I thought Philip yeo and HC cannot get along.

Anyway who cares.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-12-2021, 12:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I thought Philip yeo and HC cannot get along.

Anyway who cares.

Philip Yeo is too arrogant to get along with anybody!  Laughing

[Image: 6-F59-A193-E18-A-4-D90-A5-FE-245-D50-FEB15-D.jpg]

(14-12-2021, 12:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I thought Philip yeo and HC cannot get along.

Anyway who cares.

(14-12-2021, 12:43 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Philip Yeo is too arrogant to get along with anybody!  Laughing

Philip Yeo had too many success when he is in EDB, thence he became proud and arrogant towards everybody.... Angry