Tough job for opposition this coming elections....

I volunteered at several.elections for opposition campaigns..3 rounds 12yrs passed now we are close to another election.

My view is this. Some 15yrs ago I thought there should be a way to steer the country from its current path of high inequality, pro elites, high stress and pressure to a society that is more compassionate and just. No doubt those in position of wealth and power did everything to prevent change and kept steering the country in what I saw was a way ward direction
 Life in Singapore has deteriorated for the commoners.

Owning a home is harder. Getting a good job is harder.  Saving for retirement is harder. Access to medical care is more expensive and harder - just end of last yr it was reported hospitals have insufficient beds leading to long wait times. For those who need a car it is harder to own and maintain one. 

In a thread 3 months ago I asked people which aspect of life has improved from 15yrs ago in a big way due to the govt. The only area people said has improved was public transport. While this is true, it improved only because we hit rock bottom 10yrs ago with frequent mrt delays and breakdowns.

Anyway, only a small minority will think the economy has improved as the affordability of things have gone down across the board. 

You may think this type lf decline will bring about a resurgence of the opposition.

I actually don't think so ...and the reason is this.

People have come to realised that what the PAP has done is irreversible. The damage is already done.

Take the unaffordable price of.housing. if the opposition comes in and bring down the price of.housing, home owners will cry foul when they see their asset prices falling. The.chance to solve this by moderating the foreign influx and preventing the population increase that led rapid rise of hosimg costs is already lost. We can only live with the consequences.

The opposition cannot do much to fix the situation.

It is hard now for the opposition to stand on stage to promise to fix the many problems we face because these problems are now entrenched.after so many years.

It is therefore hard for opposition to win more seats as voters will brush them off knowing they ",can't do much".

While I will still render my support to them, sadly I have lost motivation to do more as I can see the limit of where all this is going.

The ruling party will also use various  take action against opposition leaders to cripple these parties..The court case is coming up and will throw a major opposition party into disarray - I believe they will jail a few of them before the election.

In the end I also wonder if it is worth saving. The country over time will  be occupied by new economic migrants forming majority of the populace often just using Singapore as a transient stop to other advanced countries. Singaporeans will be busy just trying to stay afloat in these difficult circumstances with no time to worry about the future of their own society. This just gives the elites a free hand to turn the city state into a playground for the rich and stressful rat race for the rest.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

You volunteer got free makan?  Big Grin

(22-06-2024, 03:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I volunteered at several.elections for opposition campaigns..3 rounds 12yrs passed now we are close to another election.

My view is this. Some 15yrs ago I thought there should be a way to steer the country from its current path of high inequality, pro elites, high stress and pressure to a society that is more compassionate and just. No doubt those in position of wealth and power did everything to prevent change and kept steering the country in what I saw was a way ward direction
 Life in Singapore has deteriorated foe the commoners.

Owning a home is harder. Getting a good job is harder.  Saving for retirement is harder. Access to medical care is more expensive and harder - just end of last yr it was reported hospitals have insufficient beds leading to long wait times. For those who need a car it is harder to own and maintain one. 

In a thread 3 months ago I asked people which aspect of life has improved from 15yrs ago in a big way due to the govt. The only area people said has improved was public transport. While this is true, it improved only because we hit rock bottom 10yrs ago with frequent mrt delays and breakdowns.

Anyway, only a small minority will think the economy has improved as the affordability of things have gone down across the board. 

You may think this type lf decline will bring about a resurgence of the opposition.

People have come to realised that what the PAP has done is irreversible. The damage is already done.

Take the unaffordable price of.housing. if the opposition comes in and bring down the price of.housing, home owners will cry foul when they see their asset prices falling. The.chance to solve this by moderating the foreign influx and preventing the population increase that led rapid rise of hosimg costs is already lost. We can only live with the consequences.

It is hard now for the opposition to stand on stage to promise to fix the many problems we face because these problems are now entrenched.after so many years.

It is therefore hard for opposition to win more seats as voters will brush them off knowing they ",can't do much".

While I will still render my support to them, sadly I have lost motivation to do more as I can see the limit of where all this is going.

The ruling party will also use various  take action against opposition leaders to cripple these parties..The court case is coming up and will throw a major opposition party into disarray - I believe they will jail a few of them before the election.

In the end I also wonder if it is worth saving. The country over time will  be occupied by new economic migrants forming majority of the populace often just using Singapore as a transient stop to other advanced countries. Singaporeans will be busy just trying to stay afloat in these difficult circumstances with no time to worry about the future of their own society. This just gives the elites a free hand to turn the city state into a playground for the rich and stressful rat race for the rest.

Having said so much, u have found the perfect excuse for yourself to vote for pap liao.  Laughing
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

Jac Lau Fart Sun King already said above

PAP support foreigners like him

So we need Opposition to support Citizens

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(22-06-2024, 04:48 PM)winbig Wrote:  Having said so much, u have found the perfect excuse for yourself to vote for pap liao.  Laughing

That WOT of his is a make-believe. Very negative and self deceiving. In another country, he wouldn't be able to remain unemployed and live off his mommy for 20 years which he did.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-06-2024, 03:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I volunteered at several.elections for opposition campaigns..3 rounds 12yrs passed now we are close to another election.

Life in Singapore has deteriorated foe the commoners.

"In the end I also wonder if it is worth saving. The country over time will  be occupied by new economic migrants forming majority of the populace often just using Singapore as a transient stop to other advanced countries. Singaporeans will be busy just trying to stay afloat in these difficult circumstances with no time to worry about the future of their own society. This just gives the elites a free hand to turn the city state into a playground for the rich and stressful rat race for the rest."

In the end, 65% still vote for PAP...
Singaporean still enjoying our island nation. That's all it matters...🤣

Meanwhile you still can whining over here forever. 🤭

Even Opposition also tulan with you, because you condemned them until become a useless parties. 
If you really want change, fight for a coalition government. 
WP, PSP and SDP..
PM, Deputy PM, Minister of Finance, etc...🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(22-06-2024, 05:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  "In the end I also wonder if it is worth saving. The country over time will  be occupied by new economic migrants forming majority of the populace often just using Singapore as a transient stop to other advanced countries. Singaporeans will be busy just trying to stay afloat in these difficult circumstances with no time to worry about the future of their own society. This just gives the elites a free hand to turn the city state into a playground for the rich and stressful rat race for the rest."

In the end, 65% still vote for PAP...
Singaporean still enjoying our island nation. That's all it matters...🤣

Meanwhile you still can whining over here forever. 🤭

Even Opposition also tulan with you, because you condemned them until become a useless parties. 
If you really want change, fight for a coalition government. 
WP, PSP and SDP..
PM, Deputy PM, Minister of Finance, etc...🤣
Totally agrees. It is coalition the only strategy to beat those pappies. If only the Oppositions are united then can works. Least but not last, those hopeless Oppositions Parties that garner miserable votes shd back-off and retire for good.

(22-06-2024, 05:26 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Totally agrees. It is coalition the only strategy to beat those pappies. If only the Oppositions are united then can works. Least but not last, those hopeless Oppositions Parties that garner miserable votes shd back-off and retire for good.

WP too proud la...and selfish lo...🤣
PSP, SDP must contest in HG, Aljun, SK...
Let WP eat humble pie!!!cheers!!!
Let Opposition voters have another choice!!!! Yeah!!!

(22-06-2024, 05:30 PM)moonrab Wrote:  WP too proud la...and selfish lo...🤣
I think this does not works appropriately. Let WP takes Aljunied again. And PSP as well SDP takes on other GRCs. This way, wil hv more Oppositions entry to Patlleement.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(22-06-2024, 04:18 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You volunteer got free makan?  Big Grin

He got a feel-good, like he'd contributed tremendously toward a better Singapore for the chewren and grandchewren of other sinkies and new sinkies alike. 

This is very noble of him, to say the least, considering that he's single and the better future which he volunteered to fight so hard for is really not going to benefit his sperm-line which had been flushed away in his mother's bathroom... Big Grin

(22-06-2024, 06:12 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  I think this does not works appropriately. Let WP takes Aljunied again. And PSP as well SDP takes on other GRCs. This way, wil hv more Oppositions entry to Patlleement.

CECA supporter spotted. Tongue

(22-06-2024, 05:30 PM)moonrab Wrote:  WP too proud la...and selfish lo...🤣

(22-06-2024, 06:12 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  I think this does not works appropriately. Let WP takes Aljunied again. And PSP as well SDP takes on other GRCs. This way, wil hv more Oppositions entry to Patlleement.
A 3-corner fight may ended up Oppositions having nothing.

This will force WP to accept a coalition Opposition Party.
If not, we will forever vote for PAP...like what sgbuffett put it..🤣🤭

(22-06-2024, 06:26 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  A 3-corner fight may ended up Oppositions having nothing.

Who ask them to fight as individual party. Combine la...
Opposition coalition vs WP.
You will see an instant collapse in WP.
After Coalition Opposition kick out WP, becoming even stronger to head on PAP in all constituents...cheers!

Whoever you supported always lost? This round try not to help maybe they'll hv a better chance

(22-06-2024, 06:20 PM)Oyk Wrote:  He got a feel-good, like he'd contributed tremendously toward a better Singapore for the chewren and grandchewren of other sinkies and new sinkies alike. 

This is very noble of him, to say the least, considering that he's single and the better future which he volunteered to fight so hard for is really not going to benefit his sperm-line which had been flushed away in his mother's bathroom... Big Grin
Correction: His spermline is flushed down your mother's wide open mouth

(22-06-2024, 06:42 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Who ask them to fight as individual party. Combine la...
Opposition coalition vs WP.
You will see an instant collapse in WP.
After Coalition Opposition kick out WP, becoming even stronger to head on PAP in all constituents...cheers!

If the opposition consists of people like Lim Team, Goh Meng Seng, etc whatever coalition they form will collapse.

(22-06-2024, 06:54 PM)winbig Wrote:  If the opposition consists of people like Lim Team, Goh Meng Seng, etc whatever coalition they form will collapse.
That is why I said useless and hopeless party like Lim Tean shd back-off and don’t spoil the whole show.

(22-06-2024, 06:54 PM)winbig Wrote:  If the opposition consists of people like Lim Team, Goh Meng Seng, etc whatever coalition they form will collapse.

🤭🤣
You very bad...
But I am serious, good Opposition should combine force and settle themselves who is the Leader of Opposition party.
That's how you win election, no 2 ways about.

Like Sgbuffett said, our Oppies is a waste of time..haiz

(22-06-2024, 06:49 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Correction: His spermline is flushed down my mother's wide open mouth

Well noted  Big Grin

With the amount of negative energy you bring to them, they sure lose. This time try to offer yr help to a puppy and see how

(22-06-2024, 07:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  🤭🤣
You very bad...
But I am serious, good Opposition should combine force and settle themselves who is the Leader of Opposition party.
That's how you win election, no 2 ways about.

Like Sgbuffett said, our Oppies is a waste of time..haiz

Sgbuffet is worth quoting? Big Grin

(22-06-2024, 07:17 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  That is why I said useless and hopeless party like Lim Tean shd back-off and don’t spoil the whole show.

Lim Tean, HHH, Roy Ngerng, Charles 体统 , KJ, Pritam, RK....the whole lot of them. Whom did you vote for? Big Grin

(22-06-2024, 07:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Sgbuffet is worth quoting? Big Grin

Ok la, at times can lo..🤣

(22-06-2024, 07:46 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Ok la, at times can lo..🤣

Oic  Tongue

(22-06-2024, 06:20 PM)Oyk Wrote:  He got a feel-good, like he'd contributed tremendously toward a better Singapore for the chewren and grandchewren of other sinkies and new sinkies alike. 

Contributed so much but no policies has benefited him... Big Grin
What WP should at least do is to introduce him a lady of some sort  Big Grin just to keep his services come erection... Smile Have they done anything for ah Butt? No!

His Ah Kong will be sad to know that the blood line ends here ....but don worry..ah Butt still has some time to make it right!

I alway see things like what it will be in corporate world.

If the vendor is in the job for too long and overcharging you, then it is time to change the vendor.

Of coz, at work you change vendor, only company benefit from the saving, but here, it will make a diff for your future generations.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(22-06-2024, 07:17 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  That is why I said useless and hopeless party like Lim Tean shd back-off and don’t spoil the whole show.

Hopeless and useless party happen to have lots of ego. If they cannot get elected, they'll rather take part and spoil the chances of other oppositions.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(22-06-2024, 08:20 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Contributed so much but no policies has benefited him... Big Grin
What WP should at least do is to introduce him a lady of some sort  Big Grin just to keep his services come erection... Smile Have they done anything for ah Butt? No!

His Ah Kong will be sad to know that the blood line ends here ....but don worry..ah Butt still has some time to make it right!

Saliva Lim taken by footballer. Nao hair white already, very scary. RK also taken but not sure he's willing to potong if still available. He should not waste his taim with ceca party...

He can try PSP. Tiagong HP still available.  Good place for him to volunteer. Later can apply for BTO. 1 million will become 1.5 millionnn as he said yesterday. Big Grin

It's equivalent to say....
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522qrvcg72jcyflpk4m2...y.gif&ct=g]

Confused