The way international investors dump HSI & DAX is a bad sign for DOW...

At least at the open you will see the selling pressure for S&P500 will be very high.

In the HK market buying is very weak throughout the day.

After the opening you will see if buyers will step in.

The fact it is going to break June 2022 lows today also will be a factor driving sentiment.

Just based on Fed carrying out planned interest rate hike alone the s&p500 will go to 3200....to be reasonably valued....

There is also a housing bubble in US that just burst.

This can get ugly quickly.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Right  now futures look tame but the will all change at the open.

[Image: HDNLeGW.jpg]

The DAX opened and plunged.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The difference between Jun 2022 low is at that time investors still hoped for some improvement that could change the Fed mind. But this time it is hitting the same level and Fed interest rate plan is baked.

I feel there is really some issue with the Fed competence. 
They swing from crazy flooding of the economy with liquidy now the swing to the other end to be discipline master.

There was never a need to flood economy with money and cause the bubble which they are now bursting.

Both moves are unprecedented in history of monetary policy....and it is highly destructive what they are doing now

[Image: q7M8SN8.jpg]

Even if investors rush in to support the market  like the pandemic lows, which rebounded sharply and kept going up....it will not have any momentum without Fed  blowing the wind in right direction this time

As j have warn before if there is  a bounce use it tk get out.

On the day the  June to  Aug bounce ended I  told everyone to  get out as it was a dead cat.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-US-Tech-2nd-de...ounce-over

That bounce was a cruel one to bring jn investors and sell down hard.

Futures getting uglier.

[Image: P0Djm90.jpg]

Dow is now below the peak  before the pandemic and fed money flooding.

[Image: Bwcy77h.jpg]

The German Dax has fallen to levels before pandemic to 2017 levels.

In inflation adjusted terms it is 15-20% below the peak before pandemic....this means market priced in a recession which is obvious ad Putin squeeze oil and gas supplies

[Image: ZOBz0cR.jpg]

Don't worry. US is the driver. They can also reduce interest rates. They can also start to print out more money.

(28-09-2022, 05:56 PM)theold Wrote:  Don't worry. US is the driver. They can also reduce interest rates. They can also start to print out more money.

Just like Great Financial crisis ...when they cut rates the damage is very bad already.

This is the 2min chart of Dow you notice at 630pm it spike up to positive territory then got sold down sharply.

Today will be an epic struggle between bulls and bearsfor the 29K level Watch the action...it will a tug of war
[Image: lXYvqrJ.jpg]

(28-09-2022, 04:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  At least at the open you will see the selling pressure for S&P500 will be very high.

The fact it is going to break June 2022 lows today also will be a factor driving sentiment.

Just based on Fed carrying out planned interest rate hike alone the s&p500 will go to 3200....to be reasonably valued....

They throw fast or slow or fast backward fast backward like PCC ?

Smile

US truck driver with own truck can earn $250,000 per year. In Canada, it is $70,000 per year. My friend said he had US driving licence. Doing cross border. He hung up his Master Degree and another.

Isn't it fun to watch stocks sink? Then try to pickup some in days to big sell-offs? Fun days ahead since I have very few stocks on hand.

(28-09-2022, 04:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  At least at the open you will see the selling pressure for S&P500 will be very high.

Our resident reverse indicator gets it wrong again  Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(29-09-2022, 06:49 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Our resident reverse indicator gets it wrong again  Rotfl

You mean the Dow and S&P  did not drop since April when I posted warnings?

The Dow escape for 1 day because one Fed official spoke to cool the panicking market....but nothing has change, it is just delayed

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(28-09-2022, 04:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The fact it is going to break June 2022 lows today also will be a factor driving sentiment.

S&P had jumped 2% after touching 3600 weekly 200sma as I alerted yesterday.
And Dow had swung a freaking 1000 points from day low of 28850 to high of 29850.

The dumping was temporarily halted yesterday due to some fed official making a statement and bank of England promising to stabilise UK markets.

Now selling starts again....and increasing pressure on Dow to sink.

[Image: 3DuslsM.jpg]

(29-09-2022, 07:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You mean the Dow and S&P  did not drop since April when I posted warnings?

The Dow escape for 1 day because one Fed official spoke to cool the panicking market....but nothing has change, it is just delayed

Dow almost 500pts....gone case !

Those stubborn don't want to get out earlier will see US market plunge.

[Image: gipLUsv.jpg]

BBQ ley..