Went to a classy restaurant to celebrate my cousin's birthday.

It's nonsense those who say this place is casual dining.
Casual means coffeeshop and hawker center.

You mean you eat in this type of restaurant every day with Europeans cuisine like French and Italian food.... No right. Only special occasions then go and eat right.

[Image: mueQbMz.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-06-2022, 06:59 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's nonsense to say this place is casual dining.
Casual means coffeeshop and hawker center.

You means you eat in this type of restaurant every day will Europeans cuisine like French and Italian food. No right. Only special occasions then go and eat right.

[Image: mueQbMz.jpg]

My Uncle always eat in restaurant but of course also at coffeeshop depend his mood.

(11-06-2022, 07:00 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  My Uncle always eat in restaurant but of course also at coffeeshop depend his mood.

Your uncle according to you is one of Singapore's richest men....can compare to ordinary Singaporeans? I don't think so.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-06-2022, 07:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Your uncle according to you is one of Singapore's richest men....can compare to ordinary Singaporeans? I don't think so.

Rich don't mean always go restaurant eat rah, I already say depend his mood.
This is why I always say Govt quote is WRONG come GST , Claim rich people spend more thus pay more GST.

title changed classy already

(11-06-2022, 01:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Really? Got such dish in Singapore so many yrs go?

Many decades ago even cold storage was carrying frozen escargot topped with garlic butter and breadcrumbs.
It was a common item on the menu of most ang mo style restaurants  in the last century.

You kay kay swakoo or real...

Saizerya is not cheap bcos  their food iz under par/underwhelming.

As long as nice and enjoyed can liao. Cheers.

when pizza hut and Macs 1st arrived in Sinpwn their items were considered pricey by comparison to our local fare but at least the standard was there. Fast food has got alot more pricey but management keep cutting corners with ingredients to max profits iz practically unpalatable.

Sinpwneans love all things Jap. Last time I told a Jap we have Don Don Donki here I was told iz a 'discount bin' store and they no shop there.

You guys should check out the fish burger at McDonald's now... So tiny, price almost doubled... Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(11-06-2022, 05:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  If you use airplane terminology, Saizeriya is economy class lah Big Grin

Ate this dish in Spain years back.  I could only taste the garlic Laughing

Was it smelly?
Did you like Spain? Never been there before.
My friend just returned from Spain, he said no masks required both indoors and outdoors. But one sinkie woman with his group insisted on putting on her mask and she was the only one who tested positive after the trip.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(11-06-2022, 03:32 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Long long time ago. You are really mountain tortoise

He ever said he is in his later 30s.  So, 40 years ago, he was not born yet.  He didn't know...

And he says he is poor with only his dreams, so when he was small, his parents prolly could not afford to bring him to restaurants, or simply buy snails.

Call the snail "escargot" and sell it in a cheap restaurant which microwave ready made food, and he says "I went to paradise just now!"

Sad life.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(11-06-2022, 09:10 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Was it smelly?
My friend just returned from Spain, he said no masks required both indoors and outdoors. But one sinkie woman with his group insisted on putting on her mask and she was the only one who tested positive after the trip.

that shows the mask is effective in stopping the virus from spreading to others
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(11-06-2022, 01:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Really? Got such dish in Singapore so many yrs go?

Yup

tomorrow will be a better day

(11-06-2022, 07:38 PM)Sticw Wrote:  You guys should check out the fish burger at McDonald's now... So tiny, price almost doubled... Lol

Prefer Burger King to Macs.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(11-06-2022, 07:38 PM)Sticw Wrote:  You guys should check out the fish burger at McDonald's now... So tiny, price almost doubled... Lol
During the early years when Macs was first launched here they actually used real cod fish in their fish o filet which they would  advertise heavily on. Later on they switched to a more price sustainable John Dory. Nowadays who knows what lup lup chup chup fish they use-- probably those sutchi [catfish] fillets and the entire burger shrunk liao.

(11-06-2022, 10:08 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  During the early years when Macs was first launched here they actually used real cod fish in their fish o filet which they would  advertise heavily. Later on they switched to a more price sustainable John Dory. Nowadays who knows what lup lup chup chup fish they use-- probably those sutchi [catfish] fillets and the entire burger shrunk liao.

You do know a bit about fish.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(11-06-2022, 01:20 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  First time I ate this dish called escargot which is actually snail. Its a French dish  ..very nice cooked  with garlic.

I think most people have never eaten this dish.

[Image: suOcdYn.jpg]

My main course is sirloin steak
[Image: yZIlmZk.jpg]

Restaurant is very nice.
The restaurant is called Saizeriya.

Didn’t look at the picture just now, never knew they served escargot without the shells. Always ate served with shells, tongs and fork. More fun to me to use the tongs to hold the shell and dig the flesh out.

(11-06-2022, 09:51 PM)surfer Wrote:  Prefer Burger King to Macs.
I went to get a mc fish burger for old time's sake only to be disappointed... Lol even the taste is bad now.

These days I only get Carl's Jr if I really want a burger.

(11-06-2022, 03:28 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Its a cheapo restaurant la Saizeriya..worse than the Jacks Place....i look at the fork know already its cheapo type....thin uncleaned not 100% stainless steel...serve mainly by Pinoy type...

No class.
High class should use silverware.

The whole group should thank her for keeping her mask on

escargot is a dish I regularly eat..no big deal

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

just a casual restaurant

Beri smelly? Big Grin  

Looks like the mask wearer tio pwned Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(11-06-2022, 09:47 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  that shows the mask is effective in stopping the virus from spreading to others

You gotch read properly boh? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(12-06-2022, 07:12 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Beri smelly? Big Grin  

Looks like the mask wearer tio pwned Laughing

Could be the hand contaminated the mask while putting it on, suspect nobody except sinkies still talking about masks being effective, many countries don’t make it mandatory at all. Smelly masks lol!
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

Wow,,, so speacial lor.

(12-06-2022, 12:18 AM)Ahnya Wrote:  The whole group should thank her for keeping her mask on

Why should they thank her when she could have contaminated her mask when puting it on, taking it off, putting it on again, etc. Hospitals use N95 masks and are disposed off after being used once and even that doesn’t prevent 100% against infection.

(12-06-2022, 07:13 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  You gotch read properly boh? Big Grin

"But one sinkie woman with his group insisted on putting on her mask and she was the only one who tested positive after the trip"

it's like a half filled glass of water.

she put on mask and still kena, meaning the mask is useless.

but her virus din spread to others, so the mask is effective in that way

Based on the pics, personally the first 3 alphabets of the place’s name describe the look of the food perfectly. Just a personal opinion, don’t take it personally.

(12-06-2022, 09:09 AM)Ichigo Wrote:  Based on the pics, personally the first 3 alphabets of the place’s name describe the look of the food perfectly. Just a personal opinion, don’t take it personally.

Sai Big Grin