Why I don't trust PAP will solve any of our problems...

10 Years ago, PAP Unconditionally imported thousands of CECA

Because they tightened the IT seats in our uni to 3100 per year

Do they need 20 or 100 Years to learn from their mistakes?

[Image: Mo-M-work-Pass-by-sectors-2013-2018.gif]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(08-11-2023, 02:29 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I didn't underestimate him as I've never brought up his capability as the point of discussion.

But personally, I don't think he's a good leader compared to LTK.

You know who was LTK's master teacher 师父 or not leh? Thinking Chiam See Tong leh! Big Grin  Don't play play hor! Student 徒弟 of Jeyaratnam leh! You know who was Jeyaratnam or not leh? Thinking

(08-11-2023, 01:43 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Yes. Raising tax is a need. But, must be rationale on what type of tax. Taxes like corporate earnings tax, income tax, rental tax, etc are reasonable, All these taxes, is it money not enough? Putting these aside, those COE and Singapore pools collections not enough? So, why must keep increasing GST? Increasing GST simply bites on commoners’ wallet and spike inflations. Adversely, GST and ministers pay shd be reduced. Disagree also must make sense.

Goods and Services Tax is a consumption tax levied on the sale of goods and services at each stage of production and distribution. 
It is also referred to as Value added tax (VAT) by some countries. GST is a tax which is ultimately borne by the final consumer of the goods or services. 

A goods and services tax should not be confused with a General Sales Tax or a Government Sales Tax - although they have the same acronym GST!

Why is there a need for GST worldwide?
Implementing the Goods and Services Tax has benefited several countries worldwide. 

Compared to other forms of consumption tax and sales tax regimes, GST is said to simplify the tax system, increase revenue collection, and reduce production costs, benefiting both consumers and producers. 
It fosters compliance and transparency, promotes economic growth, reduces tax evasion and facilitates trade by harmonizing tax structures. 
It provides a stable source of revenue for governments to support developmental activities that benefit society.

Overall, implementing GST-like systems has been necessary to modernise and simplify tax systems worldwide.

Which countries around the world have implemented the GST system?

GST is known by different names in different countries. In the European Union (EU), for example, all member states (Italy, Hungary, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Austria and others) refer to their indirect tax system as VAT.

Other countries outside the European Union, such as Brazil, China, Indonesia, Argentina, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Oman, Peru, South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, Chile and many others, also use the term VAT to refer to their indirect tax system. In Japan, the value-added tax is known as the Japanese consumption tax (JCT).

France pioneered VAT in 1954, and since then, approximately 174 countries worldwide have adopted this type of indirect tax system. 
More recently, countries such as India, New Zealand, Singapore, Australia, Canada, and the Maldives have implemented the VAT/GST system, benefiting from its simplified tax structure, transparency, and efficient tax collection.

(08-11-2023, 04:56 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Goods and Services Tax is a consumption tax levied on the sale of goods and services at each stage of production and distribution. 
It is also referred to as Value added tax (VAT) by some countries. GST is a tax which is ultimately borne by the final consumer of the goods or services.  As I hv said earlier, there is already many resources of taxes and we don’t need to keep increasing GST at such high rates.

A goods and services tax should not be confused with a General Sales Tax or a Government Sales Tax - although they have the same acronym GST!

Why is there a need for GST worldwide?
Implementing the Goods and Services Tax has benefited several countries worldwide. 

Compared to other forms of consumption tax and sales tax regimes, GST is said to simplify the tax system, increase revenue collection, and reduce production costs, benefiting both consumers and producers. 
It fosters compliance and transparency, promotes economic growth, reduces tax evasion and facilitates trade by harmonizing tax structures. 
It provides a stable source of revenue for governments to support developmental activities that benefit society.

Overall, implementing GST-like systems has been necessary to modernise and simplify tax systems worldwide.

Which countries around the world have implemented the GST system?

GST is known by different names in different countries. In the European Union (EU), for example, all member states (Italy, Hungary, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Austria and others) refer to their indirect tax system as VAT.

Other countries outside the European Union, such as Brazil, China, Indonesia, Argentina, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Oman, Peru, South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, Chile and many others, also use the term VAT to refer to their indirect tax system. In Japan, the value-added tax is known as the Japanese consumption tax (JCT).

France pioneered VAT in 1954, and since then, approximately 174 countries worldwide have adopted this type of indirect tax system. 
More recently, countries such as India, New Zealand, Singapore, Australia, Canada, and the Maldives have implemented the VAT/GST system, benefiting from its simplified tax structure, transparency, and efficient tax collection.
It is needless to tell me all these craps. I don’t need to elaborate further. It wil be a never ending debate. As I hv said earlier, there are many resources of taxes, and we don’t need to keep increasing GST and at such high rates.

(08-11-2023, 05:02 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It is needless to tell me all these craps. I don’t need to elaborate further. It wil be a never ending debate.

You say make senses mah.. Big Grin
Those are the senses of GST acceptable by worldwide countries.

(07-11-2023, 05:16 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  These 3 cannot be considered as MPs lah. Leong is nominated one and the other two are not MPs.    Big Grin

Good chance they ll. be Mp s by 2025.

(08-11-2023, 02:20 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Maybe Pritam really can do better than Lawrence lah! Big Grin Never underestimate others hor!
Some time and some thing good. Clapping
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapo...raised-408
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

(07-11-2023, 03:49 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  This Govt is the only one in the world that tells us to fix the poorly designed policies and problems they imposed on us.

Our leaders have fixed up the Opposition so effectively that 60% of voters have no alternative except to choose the MIW even though their policies continue to heap hardship on the majority of S'poreans.

They are PROBLEM- MAKERS

Yet want us to give solutions!

[Image: CCS-Dont-provide-Answers.png]

(07-11-2023, 04:51 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  They thought they are doing what is right for the people doesn’t mean people wil think likewise. One man meat is another man poison.

Once the MIW went down the road of "money politics", there is no turning back. The Govt has been appointing mercenaries as our politicians for decades.  They are only interested in the $$$ that is on offer - not public service to S'poreans.

Been 10 YEARS but Skills Future still creating problems

Have a Training cert but no job

有屁用 ?

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(10-12-2023, 04:23 PM)Ola Wrote:  Been 10 YEARS but Skills Future still creating problems

Have a Training cert but no job

有屁用 ?

I also got many certs from Skills Future lah! Big Grin For decoration in my room only lah!

Highly paid but I don’t think they can tame the runaway inflation. They are probably the cause of it.

tomorrow will be a better day