Young S'pore couple achieve their dream of living in condo by moving to JB

https://www.tiktok.com/@ericyeoofficial/...3421389074?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The Singapore dream is now made in Malaysia?
While the govt bribg in foreigners Singaporeans are pushed out to stay in JB and blamed for not having more children to boost the fertility rate.

[Image: nhig5em.jpeg]
[Image: KoUsYQC.jpeg]

After failing to get a Build-To-Order or Sale of Balance Flat five times, Mr Justin Yeong and Ms Niki Lee decided to rent an apartment in Johor Bahru. The JB-Singapore Rapid Transit System Link can be seen from the rooftop of their place. ST PHOTO: CHONG JUN LIANG

Paying rent in Singapore was out of their price range. JB came into the picture when Mr Yeong met a Grab driver-cum-property agent, who, after finding out he lived in Woodlands, suggested that he rent out his home in Singapore to stay in Malaysia.

Inspired, the couple did a few viewings in JB and confirmed the unit at Paragon Suites, located just opposite the customs, immigration and quarantine building, the next day. Confident about the strengthening Singapore dollar, they signed a 1+1 year lease and paid about RM8,000 upfront as deposit.
Thus began their “trial run” to life together as a married couple.

It was a new adventure of shopping for their home, buying furniture including a bed frame and couch from e-marketplaces, and learning each other’s daily living habits, which can sometimes “make or break” a relationship, they point out.

“Good or bad, we can learn from it – so the next time we have our own place in Singapore, we’re more equipped to make better decisions,” adds Ms Lee.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-04-2024, 02:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The Singapore dream is now made in Malaysia? While the govt bribg in foreigners Singaporeans are pushed out to stay in JB and blamed for not having more children to boost the fertility rate. After failing to get a Build-To-Order or Sale of Balance Flat five times, Mr Justin Yeong and Ms Niki Lee decided to rent an apartment in Johor Bahru.

The title of this thread is misleading. This young SG couple is merely renting a condo in JB. If they also rent a car, can they claim to have achieved their dream of owning a condo and car? 

(10-04-2024, 02:24 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The title of this thread is misleading. This young SG couple is merely renting a condo in JB. If they also rent a car, can they claim to have achieved their dream of owning a condo and car? 

Please read title properly ...it does notvsay "owning condo" but living in condo...in Singapore they wouldn't even be able to rent a room in a condo.

(10-04-2024, 02:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Please read title properly ...it does notvsay "owning condo" but living in condo...in Singapore they wouldn't even be able to rent a room in a condo.

It is sad indeed when "The Great S'porean Dream" is merely living in a condo or being a passenger in a PHV. LOL!

Below explains that Singaporeans cannot live in JB daily unless they have got approval from JB govt.

https://thesmartlocal.com/read/singapore..._Singapore

Well, he is putting himself at the mercy of JB custom.

No visa and want to travel every day in and out of Boleh Land, just need 1 custom officer to make life difficult for him to deny his entry and he is stuck for at least a few days.

Want to do visa run not so easy lah. If not how is Boleh land going to sell their MM2H scheme.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

To many S'poreans men, the dream of even finding a wife has been dashed by the expectations of our women for the husband to provide a condo and car. It seems like the closest some of our men can get to intimacy with a woman is to pay for a prostitute.  

What are u waiting for? Another big lobang is going to slip by and no more in the foreseeable future

(10-04-2024, 06:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  To many S'poreans men, the dream of even finding a wife has been dashed by the expectations of our women for the husband to provide a condo and car. It seems like the closest some of our men can get to intimacy with a woman is to pay for a prostitute.  

Besides big house and big car, why u never brag about your big dino? 😲

Why the couple must die die live in a condo?

Ignore List: Oyk

MY condo maybe a better bet as compare to Sg condo,

Sg Condo owner downgrade to HDB, super rich interested on land properties more
sg population is ageing, wage cannot be rising above GDP for long especially Sg
is a developed nation, furthermore AI coming and Travel MY to SG will be easier.

For condos with full facilities, some may find the gym, spa pools and swimming pools useful. Especially the strong jet massage of spa pool, can help blood circulation, relieving muscle pains, very useful for those with leg problems.

Just as I expected. From shittimes. Propaganda coming wonder how many can see. Test water article.

Dare then do an article about youngsters sending their parents to the old folks home in JB lah. See how many PG and MG votes they will lose

Last time go customs need chop passport so if you go in out daily maybe asked. But now Msia got eGates maybe it is feasible to go in out daily without any working permit in Msia.

A condo with no resale value....🤣

Wah lau....imagine if hdb bto got no resale value.
All oppositions in Singapore will scream until earth moves mountain shaking..地动山摇 🤭

Mai la....Common sense please.

There are 24 hours in a day. 8 hours to sleep, 8 hours at work and the remaining 8 hours either to commute, cook or do things outside of the house. Why make housing such a complicated investment?

So this is how 78% is confident of the Govt to support them for retirement. This is not confidence but merely changing our own gold to suit their low performance.

My friend bought a property in JB. Turn into a nightmare. Not able to get titles. 
Had to finally sell at a lost. 
It was so frustrating , 
maintenance was needed though they didn't stay there. They rented out for a while, but was for pennies.
It was a great relief that they finally got it off.
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

(10-04-2024, 08:58 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  For condos with full facilities, some may find the gym, spa pools and swimming pools useful. Especially the strong jet massage of spa pool, can help blood circulation, relieving muscle pains, very useful for those with leg problems.

Does it help with the blood circulation for your Dinobu wife's thunder thighs? LOL!

(10-04-2024, 06:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Why the couple must die die live in a condo?

Every single member of the hoi polloi dream of upgrading out of the HDB heartlands. If they cannot achieve their dream in SG, they will turn to Malaysia, and JB is the most convenient city to commute to from home.

(11-04-2024, 11:04 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Every single member of the hoi polloi dream of upgrading out of the HDB heartlands. If they cannot achieve their dream in SG, they will turn to Malaysia, and JB is the most convenient city to commute to from home.

Can you stop using the word hoi polloi as though those living in condos are higher class than other people? Do you know that this is a negative connotation on the the common people. 

And dun use your own POV to think that it is everyone's dream to upgrade out of HDB. I'm not wrong in the past about your eagerness to display your "high class" status, and I'm not wrong now.

(11-04-2024, 11:15 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Can you stop using the word hoi polloi as though those living in condos are higher class than other people? Do you know that this is a negative connotation on the the common people. And dun use your own POV to think that it is everyone's dream to upgrade out of HDB. I'm not wrong in the past about your eagerness to display your "high class" status, and I'm not wrong now.

I suggest that you brush up on your command of the English language if you don't want to continue embarrassing yourself on this forum. The term "hoi polloi" is used to describe the masses. Since 80% of residents in S'pore live in HDB flats, they are indeed the masses. 

(11-04-2024, 11:19 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I suggest that you brush up on your command of the English language if you don't want to continue embarrassing yourself on this forum. The term "hoi polloi" is used to describe the masses. Since 80% of residents in S'pore live in HDB flats, they are indeed the masses. 

You better go and check on the word yourself. I know it very well.

(10-04-2024, 06:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  To many S'poreans men, the dream of even finding a wife has been dashed by the expectations of our women for the husband to provide a condo and car. It seems like the closest some of our men can get to intimacy with a woman is to pay for a prostitute.  

Or get a viet bride, which amounts to the same thing Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(11-04-2024, 09:38 AM)Migrant Wrote:  My friend bought a property in JB. Turn into a nightmare. Not able to get titles. 
Had to finally sell at a lost. 
It was so frustrating , 
maintenance was needed though they didn't stay there. They rented out for a while, but was for pennies.
It was a great relief that they finally got it off.

Only those who had experienced first hand or heard from close friends know the pitfalls.  Those newbies aka smart alecs like Handbag Loo, are like new born docile lambs being led to the slaughter Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(11-04-2024, 11:25 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Or get a viet bride, which amounts to the same thing 

A Viet bride will start off as a sex partner, maid and caregiver to the SG man's aged parents. Before he knows it, she will become the mistress of his home and he will give in to her more often than he was prepared to when he went looking for a foreign bride. A friend of mine lost his job, and before he could get over that shock, his extremely practical wife packed her bags to return to China.  

(11-04-2024, 11:29 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  A Viet bride will start off as a sex partner, maid and caregiver to the SG man's aged parents. Before he knows it, she will become the mistress of his home and he will give in to her more often than he was prepared to when he went looking for a foreign bride. A friend of mine lost his job, and before he could get over that shock, his extremely practical wife packed her bags to return to China.  

Rotfl

(11-04-2024, 11:23 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You better go and check on the word yourself. I know it very well.

Owing to your limited brain capacity, you think you know what you actually do not know. LOL!