if u transfer cpf oa to sa, the amount+interest cannot be withdrawn

(10-07-2023, 02:49 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  but you also don't have any links from cpf to show can withdraw all if hit frs.

keekeekee
You are the one who make the claim cannot withdrawal, you clean your own shit

Keekeekee

(09-07-2023, 10:19 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  that why i didn't transfer my oa to sa.

if u transfer $100k and earn $10k interest.

even if u have reach frs at 55 yrs old and left $120k in sa.

u can only withdraw $10k.

the only way u can withdraw the remaining $110k is when u die, your children can take.

keekeekee

Can withdraw la, knn, don't anyhow mislead people leh.....:

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/retirement...ment-needs
[Image: Screenshot-2023-07-10-154208.png]
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/faq/retire...rs-frs-ers-

What are the retirement sums - Basic Retirement Sum (BRS), Full Retirement Sum (FRS) and Enhanced Retirement Sum (ERS)?

Planning for your retirement is easier with the retirement sums – Basic Retirement Sum (BRS), Full Retirement Sum (FRS), and Enhanced Retirement Sum (ERS). They provide a guide on the CPF savings you need to reach your desired monthly payouts in retirement.
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/content/dam/web/m...amples.pdf 

The BRS is meant to provide you with monthly payouts in retirement to cover basic living needs, excluding rental expenses.

The FRS is two times of BRS and can provide you with higher monthly payouts that also cover rental expenses. That is why when you turn 55, your CPF savings up to your FRS is set aside in your Retirement Account (RA) to provide you with monthly payouts in retirement.

If you own a property in Singapore with remaining lease that lasts you until you are 95 or older, you have the flexibility to meet your FRS with a mixture of property (up to half your FRS) and cash, and can apply to withdraw part of your RA savings down to your BRS using your property.
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/faq/retire...y-property

If you wish to receive even higher payouts for your desired retirement lifestyle, you can choose to set aside more by making a top-up, up to the current ERS. The ERS is increased yearly for those who wish to receive higher payouts.
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/growing-yo...nt-payouts

See what are the retirement sums applicable to you.
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/faq/retire...able-to-me-

Ultimately, how much you set aside depends on your CPF balances and desired monthly payouts. It’s important to plan ahead by assessing how much payouts you need to meet your expenses in retirement. Find out using the CPF LIFE Estimator.

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/lifeestimator

the only way u can withdraw the remaining $110k is when u die, your children can take.

keekeekee

but if transfer from OA to SA............then at 65yo, can get higher payout mah............ crying

(09-07-2023, 10:34 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  i posted the cpf links, it say cannot lah.

or everybody would have transfer oa to sa loh

cpf keep quiet or nobody will transfer

keekeekee

bro.............can transfer how much from OA to SA ?.............someone here said max is 60K ? Huh

everyone say different things, better to ask cpf.

keekeekee

Workers of the world, unite!
[+] 1 user Likes uncle168's post

i opt not to transfer.

if u want to transfer better ask cpf and print out the email.

keekeekee

(10-07-2023, 05:35 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  everyone say different things, better to ask cpf.

keekeekee
Shouldn’t you changed the title unless you are sure it cannot be withdrawn, or you intentionally try it misled or confuse people?

it cannot be withdrawn in a lump sum, its a fact on cpf website.

it can only be withdrawn as a monthly payout under frs.

people think they can withdraw the overflow in oa as their sa is full but later discover they have to less off the transfer amount from oa to sa.

keekeekee

Actually when CPF first implemented by Govt is SIMPLE , CLEAR.

Later as years move on, Under LHL , is like " more messy " ...

(10-07-2023, 08:02 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The CPF is just a saving scheme.
When you reach 65 you start get monthly  payout from  your RA until death.

You can make use of the scheme but cannot depend on it for retirement as it is not inflation adjusted.

that's why i plan to dump all in SA lor...........hope to compound at 4.5%..............maybe at 65yo, no need to collect cardboard lor............ crying

(10-07-2023, 05:37 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  i opt not to transfer.

if u want to transfer better ask cpf and print out the email.

keekeekee

no use also lah...............can change rules again mah.............just like last time say full return at 55yo..........

(10-07-2023, 06:14 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Roun wi pa Zhou..

Lukongsimi  Thinking

keekeekee

Why die die must save the money for the next generation??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(10-07-2023, 07:49 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Lukongsimi  Thinking

If use cpf srs to buy SSB bef 55 can get interest in cash?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Most singapore dont need this cpf money lah
More tham half sinkie got 2 more property
This is extra money

(10-07-2023, 08:58 PM)SeewhatLook Wrote:  Most singapore dont need this cpf money lah
More tham half sinkie got 2 more property
This is extra money

Those are mostly Foreigners, lah

Or those who work in SG in the 80s 

we are NOT FTs, cannot afford such inequity

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/faq/growin...retirement

found it!

Can I withdraw the top-up monies if I have the Full Retirement Sum, or the Basic Retirement Sum if I own a property?

No. Higher interest rates and tax incentives are given to encourage members to top up beyond their Basic Retirement Sum. Allowing withdrawals after allowing members to enjoy these incentives would defeat the purpose of offering them.

keekeekee

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/faq/growin...leaving-sg

What happens to my unused CPF transfers and cash top-ups to my recipient upon my demise or if I withdraw my CPF savings on grounds of leaving Singapore or West Malaysia permanently?

Cash top-ups and CPF transfers will generally be treated as gifts to recipients. When the recipient passes away or applies for withdrawal on grounds of leaving Singapore or West Malaysia permanently, any unused cash top-ups or CPF transfers will be paid to his beneficiaries (for deceased members) or the recipient (upon successful withdrawal). This is subject to safeguards to prevent premature withdrawals.

only uplorry then can take out by children

keekeekee

uncle168 is the truth yo

keekeekee

initially i though of transferring from oa to sa until frs so shiok got more interest leh then my sa full can earn higher interest first.

then my salary oa i can take out all when 55.

then google and luckily didn't transfer.

if u transfer $100k and when u retire even when u have frs and have $120k in your oa, u can only take out $20k.

the $100k is stuck in ur oa forever until u uplorry ur children makan.

keekeekee

a lot of people don't know this because this is the same tactic used by cpf and hdb.

lky say hdb will rise forever, he never tell u its worthless when the 99 yr lease ends.

cpf also the same no problem after frs everything can withdraw, then sneak a footnote when u have to dig faq then can find the answer.

if hdb & cpf put big big on their website:

hdb worthless when lease end

top up uplorry then can withdraw

who will buy hdb?

who will top up cpf?

my father is pioneer generation, the scheme is better, u can top up and it increase the monthly payout, so not stuck.

but after pioneer u top up is stuck.

keekeekee

but if u have children topping up will leave more money for them when u uplorry.

but now more people withdraw from cpf to put fd as interest higher so less people top up.

cash is more flexible than cpf so unless cpf up rates, withdrawal will make cpf bankrupt.

keekeekee

(10-07-2023, 12:42 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  This is correct. Scary sial this TS post a lot of misinformation Big Grin

I called CPF Board. The website stated $198,000 FRS but this amount will change. So what kind of CPF planning was done in the first place?

frs rises every year due to inflation but it will be fixed when you hit 55.

cpf top-up is to help members hit frs and not use it as a fd account.

so if u project when u turn 55 your oa+sa cannot hit frs, u can top up the amount which will help u hit frs on 55.

u shouldn't max out ur sa to frs now because when u work u will have more oa from sa overflow which u cannot take out in a lump sum when u turn 55.

keekeekee

(10-07-2023, 08:08 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If use cpf srs to buy SSB bef 55 can get interest in cash?

Don't know. I have no SSB.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

(10-07-2023, 06:04 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually when CPF first implemented by Govt is SIMPLE , CLEAR.

Later as years move on, Under LHL , is like " more messy " ...

It is very messy. My sister signed up for Eldershield.