I had to go out because we ran out of soya source...was a lapse

(31-10-2021, 10:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I believe u are not correct.

It is the others who are lured by complacency and herd mentality that risk themselves unknowingly.

They see others going out without concern....they too join the crowd.....have they looked objectively at the numbers and the health effects? I don't think so. They are just following.

You too are just happily following as long as nothing happens to you ....you continue to think you are right.

another way to think of it, is different people accept risks differently. like some play futures, others assess as too high risk so won't...both know the risks are high

(31-10-2021, 10:26 AM)debono Wrote:  Well said, oyk shouldn't say that we should learn to live with the Covid-19 plan, and that the new virus (Delta plus) did not follow his script...It is a controversy, to say that home recovery program is the thing to do cos our hospitals are overwhelmed and that our govt. is prepared for the surge in ICU since 2020, is questionable.... Angry

At the end many suffer long covid....14 a day deaths if continue thousands will die.....eventually some cure, better vaccine comes along or herd immunity...  it will definitely come.

The PAP will declare we have done it! Let's move on.

But those who have died ...and with chronic illness, they will not come back anymore.

Understand?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(31-10-2021, 10:28 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  another way to think of it, is different people accept risks differently. like some play futures, others assess as too high risk so won't...both know the risks are high

I think I look at it this way....its like Hyflux or Lehman minibonds ...everyone think its good....you feel assured because others feel assured. ...so long as nothing happens everyone thing risk is low...everyone happy....

Then one day it happens..that is the day you wake up and understand 

People are blissfully going about not that they choose the risk but because they don't understand the risk.

There is a difference.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

Even if you have 3 jabs the chance of catching the virus is still very high. The vaccine purportly will protect you from falling seriously ill so you that you may not need to be hospitalised. So when the vaccination target is achieved, the home recovery programme kick in. All this are pre-planned. Not that the hospitals are overwhelmed and all the nonsense. It is normal thay they need to increase the capacity because as expected the virus will affect more people. Only the strongest will survive n the weak will succumbed to the virus. So take care of your seniors because nobody take care of them.

(31-10-2021, 10:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I believe u are not correct.

It is the others who are lured by complacency and herd mentality that risk themselves unknowingly.

They see others going out without concern....they too join the crowd.....have they looked objectively at the numbers and the health effects? I don't think so. They are just following.

You too are just happily following as long as nothing happens to you ....you continue to think you are right.
You can only see flaws of others and saying that they are lured by complacency and herd mentality. 
Just look at yourself so easily lured by just a bottle of soya sauce which gave you the excuse to rushed out and risk getting infected. Come on, a bottle of sauce is not life and death matter that you must risk your life to go out. You can tell your mum to use other alternatives such as salt or make it sweet with sugar or sour food with applecider. Why no soya sauce can die meh?    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(31-10-2021, 10:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think I look at it this way....its like Hyflux or Lehman minibonds ...everyone think its good....you feel assured because others feel assured. ...so long as nothing happens everyone thing risk is low...everyone happy....

Then one day it happens..that is the day you wake up and understand 

People are blissfully going about not that they choose the risk but because they don't understand the risk.

There is a difference.

Your analogy with shares and futures is worthy....many don't understand the risk.... crying

(31-10-2021, 10:38 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  You can only see flaws of others and saying that they are lured by complacency and herd mentality. 
Just look at yourself so easily lured by just a bottle of soya sauce which gave you the excuse to rushed out and risk getting infected. Come on, a bottle of sauce is not life and death matter that you must risk your life to go out. You can tell your mum to use other alternatives such as salt or make it sweet with sugar or sour food with applecider. Why no soya sauce can die meh?    Big Grin

At least I have made the effort vs no effort.

It was around 20 mins of exposure. ...otherwise bland food for next few days. ....I was pushed to make this choice.

You must understand we cannot be absolutely safe but we can keep ourselves as safe as possible.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(31-10-2021, 10:38 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  You can only see flaws of others and saying that they are lured by complacency and herd mentality. 

I can understand your stance regarding the importance of not going out to buy soya sauce, it is not a die die must buy item. To to be infected just because of wanting to use soya sauce to get a better taste of your cooked stuff is foolish.  We can live without soya sauce but we will risk getting infected with Covid-19 and thence spread it to family members is a no no..... Laughing

(31-10-2021, 10:27 AM)EXBB Wrote:  Ok lah ..u beri important meh ?

yes lah, he is investing in many shares in HK market, Alibaba, Lenovo and many more, market will crash if he kena Covid. Confused

(31-10-2021, 10:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  At least I have made the effort vs no effort.

It was around 20 mins of exposure. ...otherwise bland food for next few days. ....I was pushed to make this choice.

You must understand we cannot be absolutely safe but we can keep ourselves as safe as possible.

wow u count in minutes of exposure. ok. we must now clear the ahpeks who wear their masks below the mouths.
All those who dine in that enclosed gov. approved enclosure called politicised hawker center TIO whether they eat with the mask on or not.

I think is the hierarchy of needs and not risks. We need to move at one point of time in order to survive.

(31-10-2021, 09:44 AM)singlon Wrote:  You are in danger from wild mushrooms if you persist.
Get out meet the sun breathe well and update by taking in the spike proteins.
Adventurous soak in seawater like a fish. The PH is abt 10.
You only hide at Home when zombies roam the streets.
In dat u have to arm yourself.

Words of wisdom  Clapping

(31-10-2021, 10:50 AM)debono Wrote:  I can understand your stance regarding the importance of not going out to buy soya sauce, it is not a die die must buy item. To to be infected just because of wanting to use soya sauce to get a better taste of your cooked stuff is foolish.  We can live without soya sauce but we will risk getting infected with Covid-19 and thence spread it to family members is a no no..... Laughing

That is why it was no trivial decision and I had take precautions. 

Precisely its about choices to make and risk we are taking. 

I am not perfect and could also make mistakes.

(31-10-2021, 09:39 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Death is one thing carrying the virus back and infecting elderly at home with higher risk of death....that for me is just not acceptable.

The death numbers is a distant thing until it comes to your door step.

Try telling that to the Health Minister, he is more interested to be the Trade Minister, higher chance to become the next PM.  Thinking

(31-10-2021, 10:55 AM)PekChek Wrote:  I think is the hierarchy of needs and not risks. We need to move at one point of time in order to survive.

Maslows hierarchy of human needs starts with our physical needs like food, then security and later social needs, ending with self actualization..... Big Grin

(31-10-2021, 10:51 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  yes lah, he is investing in many shares in HK market, Alibaba, Lenovo and many more, market will crash if he kena Covid. Confused

what to do with these shares if he got 3 long 2 short?

(31-10-2021, 10:21 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I think you'll die of paranoia before you die from covid.

He will get high blood pressure and die from stress, not Covid. Rotfl

tomorrow will be a better day

(31-10-2021, 11:06 AM)surfer Wrote:  He will get high blood pressure and die from stress, not Covid. Rotfl

If he is so paranoid that high blood pressure due to stress will end up getting a heart attack or stroke..... Laughing

(31-10-2021, 11:06 AM)surfer Wrote:  He will get high blood pressure and die from stress, not Covid. Rotfl

yaya beri likely
we have only 20,000genes.
With all the processes going on we have to look into the Mind
Take just proteins the many u will shake your head like an Indian
and say just 20,000 make those?

For nearly 2 years the virus was here. Within this 2 years, don't tell me you never go out. How long can you stay at home? Don't need to eat isit? The garment is trying to get as many people to be vaccinated. Once the target is achieved, they will dismantle MTF, change the protocol and restrictions again. Then it is really living with the virus.

When time go by the dead cause by covid will be consider as normal normal dead and infact not even need to report.

Ah Butt is most afraid of long covid because it attacks the brain and causes memory loss. If that happens, he will not remember his investment portfolio and worst his online investments log in accounts and passwords especially those overseas ones in India, Vietnam, HK, US and Europe....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

I like to surf Sgtalk becos got lots of nutcases Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(31-10-2021, 11:26 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I like to surf Sgtalk becos got lots of nutcases  Laughing
Isit because of covid 19?

(31-10-2021, 09:08 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I was very upset because I already told my mom to list everything so that it can be bought online but soya source was left out and on Friday I had to go down to buy from nearby shop. There was lead time if order online ...and she needed it immediately for cooking.

When I took lift there were others in it. When I walk to shop all the way I was exposed to people walking along side. When I reach shop ...there other customers there.

Although risk is low there is still risk. I felt okay since but could be asymptomatic, so I used one of the govt issued ART to test this morning. Lucky it was negative.

[Image: zsRLMiT.jpg]

Lesson learned for me is to double check everything and make sure eyeball the stuff in kitchen to make sure nothing runs out.

3000-4000 cases everyday is serious. Minimizing exposure should be a priority to safeguard family.

Go get one of this lah ….. Here is the link
you are utterly sad
change sgbuffet to sgpussy better lah

[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-31-at-11-35-50.png]

https://shopee.sg/Oxygen-Cylinder-Oxygen...f727c5f4e2

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

Prolonged lockdown will cause depression. SG made the right decision to open up. People get back to normal life and economy recovers.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

(31-10-2021, 11:36 AM)mikotan Wrote:  Prolonged lockdown will cause depression. SG made the right decision to open up. People get back to normal life and economy recovers.

Clapping

Yes, already 85+% fully jabbed with booster cumming to mitigate the risk of ICU and mati
More will die if lockdown continues

(31-10-2021, 11:40 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Clapping

Yes, already 85+% fully jabbed with booster cumming to mitigate the risk of ICU and mati
More will die if lockdown continues

think the mistake is not ensuring 100% vax for >60yos....causing such high deaths for a 5.5M pop. Read that some EU countries did achieve that

They have to look at the next big group : children before they open up. Expect they roll out vaccination very soon. No vaccination cannot go to school.

(31-10-2021, 11:45 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  think the mistake is not ensuring 100% vax for >60yos....causing such high deaths for a 5.5M pop. Read that some EU countries did achieve that

many old froggies bery iron teeth one, still think they hero or act smart one …. already many here