Ali is actually a Buddhist

(11-06-2024, 10:18 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

So, did Jesus tell his listeners to do everything the Pharisees told them or not?

(11-06-2024, 09:01 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Often, we hear religions being called Beliefs and Faiths.  Peepur can only become Taoists, Buddhists, Hindus, Moslems and Christians if they believe based on faith.

Except for Christianity, all religions offer "salvation" through Faith and doing whatever is taught. GRACE is missing in those religions.

We need God's GRACE to be saved, and that sets Christianity apart from all other religions.  We are not saved by Faith per se, but GRACE through Faith.  This is why both Muh and Sidd need(ed) Christ because it's through Christ that they may receive the GRACE of God.

The other religions say they don't need Christ.  Through Christ, we receive God's GRACE.  Without Christ, we only face God's wrath. Without Christ, Man is covered in sin and unable to be reconciled with God Who will turn His face away from us.........even if the man has faith.  Eg: Judaism is a faith that says that Jesus had no business being here on Earth.  Kill Him.  Don't waste taim!  Oh, the followers of Judaism do have faith, and dare I say that a lot of them are very devout too, who follow the Mosaic Laws and continually pray for forgiveness for sins committed.

New International Version
Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I see you have been articulating, defending and sharing this foundational truth of the Christian faith to a lost world - that the only way to eternal life is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Sometimes repetition is necessary to drive the point home.

Yes, grace is central to the Christian life. The New Testament makes it abundantly clear that our noblest efforts at self-reformation or righteousness fall short of what God's holiness requires and do not measure up to the demands of the law. The apostle Paul states, "No flesh shall be justified by the works of he law." (Rom. 3:20) We're described as being "flesh" by nature, and we're morally incapable of doing what God demands.

"The mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, indeed it cannot; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God." (Rom. 8:7) This means that we can't, apart from grace, do what God requires. So can God hold us responsible and accountable to a law we can't keep? The law requires perfection, yet none of us is perfect. How can a loving God require perfection from imperfect creatures?

Further, the Bible tells us the desires of a man's heart are wicked continually, and that man has a will, but that will is under the bondage of sin. Fallen man is in a state of enmity and estrangement from God. Mercifully, God is a God of love. God loves the sinner but not the sin. The Christian ethic of loving one another and loving your enemies is God-ordained. Grace through personal faith in Christ is the only means by which anyone can be saved. The exclusivity of Jesus Christ represents the core of the Christian message.
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

(11-06-2024, 10:21 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  So, did Jesus tell his listeners to do everything the Pharisees told them or not?

More likely, Jesus is speaking of the authority given to the scribes and Pharisees as it was given to Moses. That authority would be used to teach the people from the Scriptures and to lead them in the way they should go.

The group referred to as "scribes" were experts in Jewish Scriptures. They were educated and intelligent men often occupying official teaching positions in Jewish religious life. Pharisees were more likely to teach the theology and meaning of the Scriptures than the basic content. 

(11-06-2024, 10:21 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  So, did Jesus tell his listeners to do everything the Pharisees told them or not?

Nope...can't you read the title?

(11-06-2024, 07:47 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Actually, the Pharisees were giving out the right teachings of the Law. That is why Jesus said to listen to their teachings. You don't know that?

I'm impressed with your Bible knowledge lah, my friend Ali! Big Grin Jesus did tell His disciples to listen to what the Pharisees were teaching about the Law but not to do what they did lah! They said 1 thing and did another thing lah!

(12-06-2024, 01:11 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  More likely, Jesus is speaking of the authority given to the scribes and Pharisees as it was given to Moses. That authority would be used to teach the people from the Scriptures and to lead them in the way they should go.

The group referred to as "scribes" were experts in Jewish Scriptures. They were educated and intelligent men often occupying official teaching positions in Jewish religious life. Pharisees were more likely to teach the theology and meaning of the Scriptures than the basic content. 

Moses' Law only had 600plus but the Pharisees added more and twisted and turned the whole Torah into some legalistic binding rules and regulations and demanded all the Jews to obey them lah! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(11-06-2024, 08:49 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Jesus did not like the doctrine of the Pharisees. They took the 10 commandments of Moses and literally made a burden of them, such that people could not possibly comply. They were hypocritical and as Jesus called them whitened sepulchers, pretending to be holy but in fact very wicked inside not only straying from the scriptures themselves but causing other people to also stray.

Clear enough my friend!

Still, want to compare yourself to Jesus?

"Woe to you, hypocrites!" Jesus sternly rebuked the Pharisees 7 times lah! Big Grin They were white-washed tombs on the outside with lots of dead men's bones inside lah!

(12-06-2024, 06:05 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  "Woe to you, hypocrites!" Jesus sternly rebuked the Pharisees 7 times lah! Big Grin They were white-washed tombs on the outside with lots of dead men's bones inside lah!

Pharisees obeyed the law and mocked at the tax collector saying heng he was not one of them a sinner
Tax collector beated his chest and cried to God to have mercy 
That is what God is looking for humble people who are not prideful always think they are on the right path 
Satan falls because of pride
Whoever are his followers are prideful

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(12-06-2024, 05:56 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I'm impressed with your Bible knowledge lah, my friend Ali! Big Grin Jesus did tell His disciples to listen to what the Pharisees were teaching about the Law but not to do what they did lah! They said 1 thing and did another thing lah!

Jesus didn't just tell his disciples. He was talking to all who were there, his followers.

Jesus didn't tell them to just listen but to also do what the Pharisees told them. This is another commandment of Jesus that Christians ignore.
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

(12-06-2024, 09:51 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus didn't just tell his disciples. He was talking to all who were there, his followers.

Jesus didn't tell them to just listen but to also do what the Pharisees told them. This is another commandment of Jesus that Christians ignore.

They changed the laws lah...what is there to follow...
You talk like Jesus and the pharisees are good friends! Look at the title, what does it say?

Will you do business if your client suka suka change the contract details...and you tell your employees to follow what is amended?

Move on to the next question so we do not need to argue in vain Big Grin

(12-06-2024, 10:07 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  They changed the laws lah...what is there to follow...
You talk like Jesus and the pharisees are good friends! Look at the title, what does it say?

Will you do business if your client suka suka change the contract details...and you tell your employees to follow what is amended?

Move on to the next question so we do not need to argue in vain Big Grin

Jesus asked his followers to DO EVERYTHING the Pharisees told them. What does that mean?

(12-06-2024, 10:15 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus asked his followers to DO EVERYTHING the Pharisees told them. What does that mean?

Haiya...just out of respect them lah...how many times must I repeat...

If you are caught by your captor...you will also do everything they told you....

(12-06-2024, 10:20 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Haiya...just out of respect them lah...how many times must I repeat...

If you are caught by your captor...you will also do everything they told you....

Jesus respect them? Are you sure?

(12-06-2024, 10:22 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus respect them? Are you sure?

Ask his disciples to respect their authority lah...I might need to find an animal to describe you soon

(12-06-2024, 10:29 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Ask his disciples to respect their authority lah...I might need to find an animal to describe you soon

Why did Jesus say something else which, at face value, is the opposite of what he meant? How many people will take Jesus's words at face value because they didn't know that Jesus actually didn't want them to do what the Pharisees told them? 

Everytime you spin an answer, it raises more pertinent questions.

(12-06-2024, 10:38 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Why did Jesus say something else which, at face value, is the opposite of what he meant? How many people will take Jesus's words at face value because they didn't know that Jesus actually didn't want them to do what the Pharisees told them? 

Everytime you spin an answer, it raises more pertinent questions.

I suggest you go read up thoroughly lah...if this book is too difficult for your pri sch standards then I suggest you to read 3 little pigs Big Grin  it is easier to understand !

(12-06-2024, 11:07 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I suggest you go read up thoroughly lah...if this book is too difficult for your pri sch standards then I suggest you to read 3 little pigs Big Grin  it is easier to understand !

Ok.

Your turn. What would you like to know about our prophet or the Quran?

(12-06-2024, 09:51 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus didn't just tell his disciples. He was talking to all who were there, his followers.

Jesus would of course not tell anybody to break the Laws which He gave to us. He's not going to say:-

1. Worship other gods.
2. Use vulgar words on your mother.
3. Covet (censored)'s wife.

Jesus didn't come to this world for the purpose of telling us to obey the Law.. He came to pay the penalty of Sin on the Cross.

All your arguments had been about the Laws, like the Pharisees...and semantics aka twist and turn .....while you completely failed to understand the Gospel of Salvation.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(12-06-2024, 11:12 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Ok.

How long are you going to avoid your nemesis? Smile
Why are you so prideful and petty? 

What does Allah says? Big Grin

Whoever does not forgive others will not be forgiven. Whoever does not pardon others will not be pardoned. Whoever does not protect others will not be protected. So try to forgive others to receive mercy and forgiveness from Allah Almighty and others.

Who are the others? Thinking

Just how long are you going to disobey Allah? You are a fake moslem
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(12-06-2024, 11:52 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  How long are you going to avoid your nemesis? Smile

Whoever does not forgive others will not be forgiven. Whoever does not pardon others will not be pardoned. Whoever does not protect others will not be protected. So try to forgive others to receive mercy and forgiveness from Allah Almighty and others.

Who are the others? Thinking

Similar principle to "And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us."

Others are people around you.

(12-06-2024, 11:56 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Similar principle to "And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us."

I wouldn't want to put Allah and others in a same sentence...
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(12-06-2024, 11:52 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  How long are you going to avoid your nemesis Christian Prince? Smile

Whoever does not forgive others will not be...

I took liberty to make an important edit of your first sentence.

As to what Allah said, I guess his mommy forgot to tell him.  Rolleyes

(12-06-2024, 11:56 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Similar principle to "And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us."

Abdul, I wish to say it again, I forgive you even though you mocked and taunted us. You lied, I hate your lies but I don't hate you.

My wish is that instead of spending several hours mocking and taunting us here, you would set aside an hour watching Christian Prince's debates with the Sheiks. Love

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(12-06-2024, 08:24 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Pharisees obeyed the law and mocked at the tax collector saying heng he was not one of them a sinner
Tax collector beated his chest and cried to God to have mercy 
That is what God is looking for humble people who are not prideful always think they are on the right path 
Satan falls because of pride
Whoever are his followers are prideful

Jesus ate with tax collectors and prostitutes the Pharisees rebuked Him leh! Big Grin He healed sick people on Sabbath Day cannot meh? Thinking
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

U have to ask the people u offended for forgiveness too.

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(12-06-2024, 12:15 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Jesus ate with tax collectors and prostitutes the Pharisees rebuked Him leh! Big Grin He healed sick people on Sabbath Day cannot meh? Thinking

Heal the sick on sabbath day nothing wrong if wait till the next day the sick may died liao 
Jesus came for the sinners 
Do u still obey the sabbath day?

☝️
[+] 2 users Like Lukongsimi's post

Ah Lee..you know you can no longer catch up with Allah's laws...you are breaking them every single day...

And you know who can save you?

(12-06-2024, 12:20 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Heal the sick on sabbath day nothing wrong if wait till the next day the sick may died liao 
Jesus came for the sinners 
Do u still obey the sabbath day?

Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath lah! Big Grin Do you obey the Lord or the Sabbath leh? Thinking
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(12-06-2024, 11:12 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Ok.

Are you ready for the truth?

(12-06-2024, 12:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath lah! Big Grin Do you obey the Lord or the Sabbath leh? Thinking

Do Christians obey Jesus?