Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep.....

(13-04-2022, 06:14 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Well said . This is because the purpose of life is procreation . Everything living on earth wants to spread their "seeds" to ensure the survival of its own kind.

This programming by evolution is very strong. Look at Bill Clinton and Bill Gates both cannot control and got into trouble.

But this is not the only compulsion. There is also greed, gambling, envy etc. Different people are affected by different combinations.

If you are ordinary person, gambling is more damaging than lust most of the time. Gambling often without limit lose everything.

To lead a wholesome happy life one needs to keep all these in check. The evolutionary programming of your brain may not be best suited for modern artificially created society. 

Overcoming this programming is not simple. Like SIM TIAN said religion and strict discipline. There is also control of your mind.

Many are not aware of their own mind how it control them. Many years ago I met a master who taught me to watch my own mind to be aware of what my mind is doing. This has helped me to break free of the programming by the evolutionary process.

Our decisions and actions is tainted by our imperfect thinking and flaws. Why this married man go spend money and risk getting disease for 15 min of pleasure is flawed logic. He failed to make a good decision.

For many other things. Be it buying decisions e.g. luxury goods our thinking is programmed by advertisers who brainwash us into thinking we need something. If you don't watch your mind and know it is under influence you will fall for it.

Achieving deep awareness is not simple. One as to strip away impulse and biasness and emotion.

In recent decades advertisers have used sex for advertising and reinforce people's lust. This has led to many social problems and family breakups.

There is no interest of. Govt or education or system to fix your mind. Govt itself use propaganda they also want to influence behavior and do not want you to have independent thinking.

In the end, the ordinary person's mind end up in a mess. Driven by impulse...

Once you can overcome these, you will find long last happiness is in simple things in life and your greed will vanish as you won't have as much need for money, status and lust. Imagine how much energy people spend chasing after things they don't need until the end of their lives. ...they wasted it! Because they fail to reflect on what is real happiness.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Messages In This Thread
Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Reddishday - 11-04-2022, 08:04 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Sentinel - 11-04-2022, 08:21 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Oyk - 11-04-2022, 09:33 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Sentinel - 11-04-2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Oyk - 11-04-2022, 09:42 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Sentinel - 11-04-2022, 09:45 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Oyk - 11-04-2022, 09:49 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Sentinel - 11-04-2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Oyk - 12-04-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Sentinel - 12-04-2022, 04:08 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Lukongsimi - 11-04-2022, 08:28 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by RichDad - 11-04-2022, 09:21 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by S I M T A N - 13-04-2022, 12:30 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by RichDad - 13-04-2022, 06:14 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by sgbuffett - 13-04-2022, 06:59 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Huliwang - 13-04-2022, 07:04 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by S I M T A N - 14-04-2022, 01:56 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by Observer - 15-11-2023, 10:03 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by AngweeMan - 11-04-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by keys - 11-04-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by cheekopekman - 12-04-2022, 06:12 AM
RE: Think twice before you go surf Sammyboy forums and end up sinking in too deep..... - by pervertosan - 12-04-2022, 07:47 AM