10 Sept 2021: 573 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/d...-sep-2021)

Summary of local situation

• 689 cases are currently warded in hospital. There are currently 25 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 6 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU).

• Over the last 28 days, the percentage of unvaccinated who became severely ill or died is 4.5%, while that for the fully vaccinated is 0.7%.

• As of 9 September 2021, 81% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 83% has received at least one dose.

• As of 10 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has detected a total of 573 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

1 more week to 1 K per day?

More testings needed.
Need to lay a very big net.

one more death

Next 2-3 weeks critical / monitor see if below situation remains stable and holds up.

[Image: image.png]

tmr 680, Sunday 780

1. At this rate of increase, 1000 will be reached for sure within days. If nothing done we will go to 2000 then 3000.

2. Earlier the govt allowed travellers to come in and Delta started to spread in S'pore. Protestor was arrested for telling govt to fix this mistake.ot is making.
[Image: E9EOVR4.jpg]

3. Cases rise and tight restrictions were imposed to bring down cases.

4. Before cases were brought down to single digits we implemented the endemic strategy...cases were allow to surge. (Why bother with the earlier restrictions in the first place?)

5. Has the govt even thought through with such a disease with exponential spread the implications of this spike ....at the same time those who were vaccinated earlier will experience lower effectiveness?

6. They will soon be forced into another round another restrictions, this time with thousands of cases already out there...and these restrictions ha etc be in place very long because we allow this surge in numbers.

Taiwan and Hong Kong show the right way to do it. They have low cases and few restrictions because they did not make the same mistake as Singapore to allow travel to the extent we did.

Our leaders seem to be unable to strategies and think ahead they seem to be flipflopping and the decisions they have made are of very low quality showing inability to look ahead. Starting with mask debacle, failure to control tightly imported cases, now this endemic idea to let cases shoot up.....in the end the economy ends up in worse shape and the ordinary citizens put through more risks.

This is all very disappointing.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

[Image: siao-liao.png]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(11-09-2021, 12:08 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  1 more week to 1 K per day?

I predict less than one week. I may be wrong.

tomorrow will be a better day

(11-09-2021, 03:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. At this rate of increase, 1000 will be reached for sure within days. If nothing done we will go to 2000 then 3000.

2. Earlier the govt allowed travellers to come in and Delta started to spread in S'pore. Protestor was arrested for  telling govt to fix this mistake.ot is making.
[Image: E9EOVR4.jpg]

3. Cases rise and tight restrictions were imposed to bring down cases.

4. Before cases were brought down to single digits we implemented the endemic strategy...cases were allow to surge. (Why bother with the earlier restrictions in the first place?)

5. Has the govt even thought through with such a disease with exponential spread the implications of this spike ....at the same time those who were vaccinated earlier will experience lower effectiveness?

6. They will soon be forced into another round  another restrictions, this time with thousands of cases already out there...and these restrictions ha etc be in place very long because we allow this surge in numbers.

Taiwan and Hong Kong show the right way to do it. They have low cases and few restrictions because they did not make the same mistake as Singapore to allow travel to the extent we did.

Our leaders seem to be unable to strategies and think ahead they seem to be flipflopping and the decisions they have made are of very low quality showing inability to look ahead. Starting with mask debacle, failure to control tightly imported cases, now this endemic idea to let cases shoot up.....in the end the economy ends up in worse shape and the ordinary citizens put through more risks.

This is all very disappointing.

We are following India strategy lah. Just let it spread until it becomes stable. After that it'll be true herd immunity.

(11-09-2021, 08:52 AM)surfer Wrote:  I predict less than one week. I may be wrong.

If hit that number ...I think we have the worse per capita infection in Asia. There are are few things I see will go wrong

1. The protection of vaccination is fading. We still have 20% un vaccinated. All these can lead of miscalculation and lost of lives.

2. The gains of us doing this is very little and its all economic. Yesterday it was reported 100 German tourists. It doesn't even fill one SIA plane.

3. The alternative to buy time and reduce death jn TW and HK is viable and been done. Why did we choose this. In Western countries they have no choice due to weak political will and control. 

4. As deaths increase and cases go up people will avoid going out a d that cripples the economy negating any benefit we hope to gain from this.

4. Putting human lives at risk unnecessary is wrong.

There are very bad choices being made here. Poor leadership not thinking ahead and doing a proper evaluation of outcomes.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Cases have increases everyday,, propose WFH more is better.

(11-09-2021, 09:02 AM)FangFang Wrote:  Cases have increases everyday,, propose WFH more is better.

And people will stop going out.
Isn't that same as putting restrictions to reduce cases.

We are paying with lives and risking people without gaining anything.

Life will not go back to normal. The experiment was already done in Israel and we don't learn from it.

I really doubt the ability of our leadership to think and strategise clearly.

Like decision to let KTV operate as F&B when they make some complain.....and that cost us dearly.

(11-09-2021, 09:01 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If hit that number ...I think we have the worse per capita infection in Asia. There are are few things I see will go wrong

1. The protection of vaccination is fading. We still have 20% un vaccinated. All these can lead of miscalculation and lost of lives.

2. The gains of us doing this is very little and its all economic. Yesterday it was reported 100 German tourists. It doesn't even fill one SIA plane.

3. The alternative to buy time and reduce death jn TW and HK is viable and been done. Why did we choose this. In Western countries they have no choice due to weak political will and control. 

4. As deaths increase and cases go up people will avoid going out a d that cripples the economy negating any benefit we hope to gain from this.

There are very bad choices being made here. Poor leadership not thinking ahead and doing a proper evaluation of outcomes.

What to do? Blindly follow US and Isreal. Look at the cases there with P & M. 

We should a mix of different types of vaccines like HK & Taiwan.  

Now they want to open up and let our little children be sick n die since no vaccine for them. 

Blood on their hands but they just look at the  money only.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

This is what happens when you have jack-of-all-trades and clowns running the show.

(11-09-2021, 09:01 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If hit that number ...I think we have the worse per capita infection in Asia. There are are few things I see will go wrong

The people lives are put in peril in their experiment to control this virus.

(11-09-2021, 09:23 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  This is what happens when you have jack-of-all-trades and clowns running the show.

The 3 stooges.

[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(11-09-2021, 03:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: E9EOVR4.jpg]

PAP is VERY RICH but they want to be richer . . . .and the RICHEST.

So die die must open up to CECA and worse, to their Dependents. 

Worst, why CECA students? That SMU girl who was tested positive before flying back to India within 4 mths or so. Why allow her to come under the disguise of "Repatriation" when she is not a refugee?

Yes, we know that Delta Variant can beat us here in Singapore, maybe through luggage bags or their parcels, now.  The crux is- Why put our elderly or kids below 12 years old at such risk now?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

The next number should be 700

My sukeenang minister will declare .........chee mo matter.....diao seh....diao seh....boh jiong gia

Super rich people will become even richer!

Huat ah!  Laughing

It is clear that the purpose of vaccination is not to protect people.
The ultimate purpose is to open up and go for endemic model.
They should tighten measures if PAP wants to protect people.
Instead PAP is preparing for more people to be infected to test the endemic model.

Do not depend on PAP, take care by yourself

today will be 673 at least

If you do not support endemic model by PAP, do not go for the 3rd jab.
When the percentage is low for 3rd jab, PAP cannot go for endemic model because there will be heavy casualty

Current 80% vaccination will last until March 2022.
PAP needs to renew the vaccination percentage for endemic to work.

The purpose of vaccination is to make the endemic work and not to protect the people ?

PAP is targeting high percentage of jab for endemic model to work.
when the percentage of 3rd jab and 4th jab are less than 50%, PAP endemic model will fail because there will be heavy casualty in the ICU and hospital beds will be insufficient to cope.

Nowadays coffee shop many stalls the food price seem slowly increasing. How we survive if economic worsen and our salary didn’t increase and our standard of living gone up.
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

(11-09-2021, 05:06 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Nowadays coffee shop many stalls the food price seem slowly increasing. How we survive  if economic worsen and our salary didn’t increase and our standard of living gone up.
crying crying crying

(11-09-2021, 08:55 AM)winbig Wrote:  We are following India strategy lah. Just let it spread until it becomes stable. After that it'll be true herd immunity.

HUH?

India has no choice but only herd Immunity.  Their buses, trains . . . .everywhere is often extremely over- crowded. That is why their laws to fine people not wearing masks cannot be enforced.

Just imagine if you catch 2 without masks while 100 out there are not wearing masks, the mobs will kill the policemen. 

Why they don't think and anyhow copy? How stupid can PAP be?? 

[Image: Crowds-Mumbai-2021.png]

[Image: Crowds-Delhi-apr-20.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

How many today ? No news yet...?

More
SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Saturday (11 September) confirmed 555 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore, taking the country's total case count to 71,167.

These comprise 486 community cases, 64 dormitory residents cases and five imported