Ali is actually a Buddhist

Romans 5:12-21
New International Version
Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(24-05-2024, 12:34 PM)Hope Wrote:  Are People reborn already in heaven ,Hell or Earth ?
Hindus and Buddhist believe they are reborn and live in this world.

Christians are reborn in this life. We are alive eternally though the old body may die.

Considering that Buddhism came from Siddhartha, I am not surprised that Buddhism has a similar teaching about rebirth / reincarnation to Hinduism.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(24-05-2024, 12:35 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Romans 5:12-21
New International Version
Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ali will say we must not believe the writer. His name mustn't be mentioned here...

(24-05-2024, 12:53 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Ali will say we must not believe the writer. His name mustn't be mentioned here...
He want people to worship humsup Lou

☝️

(24-05-2024, 02:19 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  He want people to worship humsup Lou

He justifies it by saying that it's permissible to be humsup wor.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

The crux of the Gospel is, people can never achieve righteousness by doing good work or by keeping a set of rules. God has written off the rules. "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Through the death of Jesus, God made provision for our sins, past, present, and future. If anyone tries to attain righteousness by following a set of rules, he's kinda of telling Jesus, "You died in vain. You didn't need to die."

In any case, the number of things one would have to do to keep the law is staggeringly large, a tall order to fill. No believer can do it successfully. I. for one, stumble at times. I admit I ain't exactly an exemplary Christian, but I needn't worry as long as I steadfastly believe and never lose faith in Christ, safe in the knowledge that God will "take responsibility for me."

At the Last Supper, Jesus told Peter that he would deny Him 3 times. Jesus said to Peter, "I've prayed for you." He didn't say, "I've prayed for you that you will not deny Me." Jesus was, in effect, saying "I've prayed for you that your faith will not fail. Even if you deny Me, if you do not surrender your faith, I'll retrieve you." Our faith is counted to us as righteousness. As long as we believe Jesus died for our sins and was raised from the dead for our justification, we're considered righteous. Thanks to Jesus who removed the law as a requirement for achieving righteousness with God. Isn't that great?
[+] 2 users Like S I M T A N's post

(24-05-2024, 10:25 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  The crux of the Gospel is, people can never achieve righteousness by doing good work or by keeping a set of rules. God has written off the rules. "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Through the death of Jesus, God made provision for our sins, past, present, and future. If anyone tries to attain righteousness by following a set of rules, he's kinda of telling Jesus, "You died in vain. You didn't need to die."

In any case, the number of things one would have to do to keep the law is staggeringly large, a tall order to fill. No believer can do it successfully. I. for one, stumble at times. I admit I ain't exactly an exemplary Christian, but I needn't worry as long as I steadfastly believe and never lose faith in Christ, safe in the knowledge that God will "take responsibility for me."

At the Last Supper, Jesus told Peter that he would deny Him 3 times. Jesus said to Peter, "I've prayed for you." He didn't say, "I've prayed for you that you will not deny Me." Jesus was, in effect, saying "I've prayed for you that your faith will not fail. Even if you deny Me, if you do not surrender your faith, I'll retrieve you." Our faith is counted to us as righteousness. As long as we believe Jesus died for our sins and was raised from the dead for our justification, we're considered righteous. Thanks to Jesus who removed the law as a requirement for achieving righteousness with God. Isn't that great?

Lee Ee Mun, where are you?

When you see Bro SIM, you'd diam diam and go hiding like a tikus huh? Rolleyes

(24-05-2024, 11:34 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Show me the verse that says all men are righteous and I will show you the verse that says all have sinned.

When did I ever say ALL men are righteous? Let me remind you of our discussion. You claimed the Bible states no one is righteous. Yet, I can find people described as righteous in the Bible, like Noah, Daniel, and Job, peace be upon them. How come you are contradicting the Bible? Or is the Bible contradicting the Bible?

(25-05-2024, 12:23 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Lee Ee Mun, where are you?

When you see Bro SIM, you'd diam diam and go hiding like a tikus huh? Rolleyes

I've tried before. I gave arguments to his posts. He didn't reply. From that, I gather he is not interested in the truth because people who are generally interested in the truth will attempt to defend what he believes to be true. Or at the very least, he is not interested in debating. He only wants to believe what he is comfortable with which, in itself, is blameworthy.

His first statement, where he says no one can achieve righteousness can easily be refuted by Luke 1:6, where Zechariah and Elizabeth were described as righteous people. That verse also refutes his other point, where he says no one can fully observe the law. That same couple was fully observing the law.

(25-05-2024, 02:27 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  When did I ever say ALL men are righteous? Let me remind you of our discussion. You claimed the Bible states no one is righteous. Yet, I can find people described as righteous in the Bible, like Noah, Daniel, and Job, peace be upon them. How come you are contradicting the Bible? Or is the Bible contradicting the Bible?

Show me the verses. Rolleyes

(25-05-2024, 03:03 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Show me the verses. Rolleyes

Plenty. Let's try Luke 1:6. 

Which Bible do you prefer? If I know, I can quote the verse for you from the Bible you prefer.

(25-05-2024, 02:42 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I've tried before. I gave arguments to his posts. He didn't reply. From that, I gather he is not interested in the truth because people who are generally interested in the truth will attempt to defend what he believes to be true. Or at the very least, he is not interested in debating. He only wants to believe what he is comfortable with which, in itself, is blameworthy.

His first statement, where he says no one can achieve righteousness can easily be refuted by Luke 1:6, where Zechariah and Elizabeth were described as righteous people. That verse also refutes his other point, where he says no one can fully observe the law. That same couple was fully observing the law.

Excuse me:

1. Lee Ee Mun is a Buddhist. I asked for Lee Ee Mun.  Why are you hopping about here? 

2.  If what you say about Bro SIM is true, then do as you preach. Start defending your faith against Jay's points. Maybe I am sexpecting too much from you because you still owe Pink a lot of sexplanations. PS: replies saying that the West is trying to defame Muh are unacceptable. We need solid proof and evidence from scholars and historians.  Rolleyes

(25-05-2024, 03:06 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Plenty. Let's try Luke 1:6. 

Which Bible do you prefer? If I know, I can quote the verse for you from the Bible you prefer.

Just quote. If you can't then scoot off. Rolleyes

(25-05-2024, 03:12 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Excuse me:

1. Lee Ee Mun is a Buddhist. I asked for Lee Ee Mun.  Why are you hopping about here? 

2.  If what you say about Bro SIM is true, then do as you preach. Start defending your faith against Jay's points. Maybe I am sexpecting too much from you because you still owe Pink a lot of sexplanations. PS: replies saying that the West is trying to defame Muh are unacceptable. We need solid proof and evidence from scholars and historians.  Rolleyes

You ask.

[Image: LSFPZZq.jpg]

Big Grin

(25-05-2024, 03:14 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Just quote. If you can't then scoot off. Rolleyes

Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly.

Luke 1:6

(25-05-2024, 03:12 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Excuse me:

Kindly tell me the points, one by one, please. Start with the first one. I will be more than happy to reply to you.

(25-05-2024, 03:19 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Kindly tell me the points, one by one, please. Start with the first one. I will be more than happy to reply to you.

Trying to elak? Rolleyes

(25-05-2024, 03:18 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly.

Luke 1:6

Do you want to know why...the context? Rolleyes

(25-05-2024, 03:15 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You ask.

[Image: LSFPZZq.jpg]

Big Grin

That is not proof. That's only his opinion. Rolleyes

(25-05-2024, 03:19 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Kindly tell me the points, one by one, please. Start with the first one. I will be more than happy to reply to you.

Why are you so happy to reply with your biased opinions? You can forward the points to a imam ...his opinions matter more than yours!  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(25-05-2024, 02:42 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I've tried before. I gave arguments to his posts. He didn't reply. From that, I gather he is not interested in the truth because people who are generally interested in the truth will attempt to defend what he believes to be true. Or at the very least, he is not interested in debating. He only wants to believe what he is comfortable with which, in itself, is blameworthy.

If ah Sim wants to get the truth...he wouldn't get it from anyone of us...so why waste time with you?  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(25-05-2024, 07:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Trying to elak? Rolleyes

All you need to do is bring up one of his points.

I'm here waiting.

(25-05-2024, 07:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Do you want to know why...the context? Rolleyes

I only want to show you that the Bible states that some people are righteous.

https://youtube.com/shorts/K0RRlTMvfa8?s...52zBKL75-C

☝️

(25-05-2024, 08:21 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  All you need to do is bring up one of his points.

I'm here waiting.

(25-05-2024, 08:23 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I only want to show you that the Bible states that some people are righteous.

I am waiting.  Rolleyes

Good beedio.  They beat Jay up.

Ali, do you condone such things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fk0nBYcDgo

“Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ “ ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. “The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ “ ‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’ ””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13‬:‭24‬-‭30‬ ‭NIV

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

There are fundamental differences between the core beliefs of the Qur'an and the Bible. One glaring difference: the Quran teaches that God does not love sinners and that people obtain salvation when their good works outweigh their bad works. It means people are judged by their deeds.

The Bible, on the other hand, teaches that God loves sinners and that salvation comes to us solely through the grace of God. The Bible says, "There's none righteous, no, not one." "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves." The bottom line is, we're all unrighteous and we all need the grace and forgiveness God offers.

If we're able to achieve righteousness through works, then God owes us a reward. But God owes us nothing. "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness." There are no outward acts that we can do to attain righteousness, so it'd be fruitless to do this or that.

It's true our good deeds reap eternal reward, but NOT if we do good works only in hopes of achieving righteousness. As far as the Christian faith is concerned, the only way to be righteous is to receive, by faith, the righteousness of God. God does not refer to us in Scripture as sinners but saints who can choose to sin. Obviously, Christian maturity is a factor in our ability to stand against temptation.

Christians and Muslims are poles apart theologically. Instead of spending much of my time defending my beliefs in an unprofitable debate, I'd rather spend my precious time seeking the truth. "The truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

(26-05-2024, 10:30 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  There are fundamental differences between the core beliefs of the Qur'an and the Bible. One glaring difference: the Quran teaches that God does not love sinners and that people obtain salvation when their good works outweigh their bad works. It means people are judged by their deeds.

The Bible, on the other hand, teaches that God loves sinners and that salvation comes to us solely through the grace of God. The Bible says, "There's none righteous, no, not one." "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves." The bottom line is, we're all unrighteous and we all need the grace and forgiveness God offers.

If we're able to achieve righteousness through works, then God owes us a reward. But God owes us nothing. "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness." There are no outward acts that we can do to attain righteousness, so it'd be fruitless to do this or that.

It's true our good deeds reap eternal reward, but NOT if we do good works only in hopes of achieving righteousness. As far as the Christian faith is concerned, the only way to be righteous is to receive, by faith, the righteousness of God. God does not refer to us in Scripture as sinners but saints who can choose to sin. Obviously, Christian maturity is a factor in our ability to stand against temptation.

Christians and Muslims are poles apart theologically. Instead of spending much of my time defending my beliefs in an unprofitable debate, I'd rather spend my precious time seeking the truth. "The truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

Ah Lee will like your last sentence: seeking the truth.  He believes he has the truth.

Before that, you can see how he debates with a Christian in the beedio...Mock mock and mock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmAgbV0UbDo&t=6s