I think Dr M soon will RIP

(06-08-2023, 04:38 PM)Manthink Wrote:  According to Michellin, Wanton mee originated  from Hunan befond being made popular in Guangzhou province during Qing dynasty,,,
So who cares about the language when the delicacy was invented so long ago in China ? Big Grin

发源在湖南
云吞,即北方人所说的 " 馄饨 ",据说唐宋时由湖南传入广东。宋代高怿的《群居解颐》一书有记载:" 岭南地暖……入冬好食馄饨,往往稍喧,食须用扇。"

https://guide.michelin.com/sg/zh_CN/arti...on-noodles

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

In China they have 馄饨 which is different from 云吞。 Both are eaten like the Ang Mo eating their cheap sandwiches. They are affordable comfort food and hardly considered to be delicacies, not even in Hong Kong.

Seems like you have never eaten good Cantonese cuisines before. Sad.  Rolleyes

(06-08-2023, 04:05 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  i thought hokkien called "wanton mean" 陰囊 mee (im-lông mee)

cause the wanton look like a scrotum to them

Give you a LIKE for pronouncing 云吞面 in Cantonese right.

Wanton mean is also ok.

(06-08-2023, 01:13 PM)surfer Wrote:  Licenses and permits plus under table money lah. That’s how they conduct bisiness across the border.

To get your licenses and permits, you know what you have to do... you can get it by next week or by the end of the year 2050. The choice is yours... 

The PM was merely giving advice. His son is standing behind. He's a business man...and of course he will do business with anybody.  Rolleyes

(06-08-2023, 07:45 PM)Oyk Wrote:  In China they have 馄饨 which is different from 云吞。 Both are eaten like the Ang Mo eating their cheap sandwiches. They are affordable comfort food and hardly considered to be delicacies, not even in Hong Kong.Seems like you have never eaten good Cantonese cuisines before. Sad.  Rolleyes

You forget - the Chinese rich food heritage goes beyond your typical "Ang Mo eating their cheap sandwiches".

That's the beauty of Chinese thinking of being open to learning to different delicacies and cuisiines one of which is written record of Wanton Mee that we know enjoy in SG.

The problem is does Dr M welcome M'sian Chinese using Chopsticks for enjoying a bowl of noodle or rice ?

You are I know lah Big Grin

[Image: large_thumb_3f8e.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(06-08-2023, 04:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  What's so big deal about Michellin leh?   I see them no up leh! Big Grin

You can complain to them for sharing the history of Wanton Mee that originate from China... Big Grin

[Image: ec981ddef60f4dfebb101d9798a86694_shutter...891719.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(05-08-2023, 10:48 AM)surfer Wrote:  He already passed his shelf life/ live by date.

Mind soul body spitting in 3 directions .

(07-08-2023, 12:58 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You can complain to them for sharing the history of Wanton Mee that originate from China... Big Grin

[Image: ec981ddef60f4dfebb101d9798a86694_shutter...891719.jpg]

I don't even bother about them lah! Big Grin Big deal meh?  Thinking

(07-08-2023, 08:39 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I don't even bother about them lah! Big Grin Big deal meh?  Thinking

We know cheekopekman has the 2nd most comments in this Thread about when Dr M will Up the Lorry...

Does he sound "don't bothered" ? Big Grin

You are wrong, he is alive and kicking…

[Image: IMG-1488.gif]

[Image: IMG-1489.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post