George Yeo New Book : Some felt LKY purposely hurt his campaign in Aljunied

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ge...rc-2233221?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sadly, has been struggling in private sector after leaving politics.

How many of his former peers got the guts like Georgy?
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

cannon behind horse.

so he is now unemployed ?

can the $4000 skillfuture funding help him to get a job ?

He should follow OYK, huat big big together with big pharma companies.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(07-03-2024, 06:50 AM)Scythian Wrote:  .

Struggling? You saw him picking up discarded cartons to sell? Or as you entered a public toilet you saw him bent over brushing a toilet bowl? Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(07-03-2024, 09:36 AM)forum456 Wrote:  so he is now unemployed ?

can the $4000 skillfuture funding help him to get a job ?

He's 68. Not 28 or 38.

GCT was a Mr Nice Guy but nonetheless a very capable person. He's not one to bang tables but would win you over with his ability to persuade.

Both LHL and LW have the fire in the belly but have to hold their hand/breath/gun/fire because it's a different electorate. They would do just as well if they were born earlier, governing the pioneer generation citizens speaking pugnacious like LKY. 

Conversely LKY would be voted out if he were born later and spoke to Gen Y and Gen Z aka yoomers and zoomers the way he did to the pioneer generation and the Aljuunied GRC voters.

With hindsight we know that LKY could deliver unlike Mahatail but if he didn't even get voted, how would we know right?

Oh wait...is someone going to suggest booting out PAP in the coming GE and have a first Indian PM? Who knows, maybe he can deliver and give a bigger PACKAGE? Love

Actually George Yeo had a good career in Kuok Group after leaving politics, the family treats him well and although final decision ultimately lies with Robert Kuok, he seems to have been given quite a bit of autonomy at Kerry Logistics. Kudos to him for not following the usual PAP elites who just hop on to some government committee or GLC board.

He's built quite a name for himself in the academic and think tank international scene, so all in I would say his career after politics has been successful.

I think a book like this probably does not hv much significance

is he indirectly saying LKY does the counting?

(07-03-2024, 11:18 AM)Oyk Wrote:  GCT was a Mr Nice Guy but nonetheless a very capable person. He's not one to bang tables but would win you over with his ability to persuade.

Both LHL and LW have the fire in the belly but have to hold their hand/breath/gun/fire because it's a different electorate. They would do just as well if they were born earlier, governing the pioneer generation citizens speaking pugnacious like LKY. 

Conversely LKY would be voted out if he were born later and spoke to Gen Y and Gen Z aka yoomers and zoomers the way he did to the pioneer generation and the Aljuunied GRC voters.

With hindsight we know that LKY could deliver unlike Mahatail but if he didn't even get voted, how would we know right?

Oh wait...is someone going to suggest booting out PAP in the coming GE and have a first Indian PM? Who knows, maybe he can deliver and give a bigger PACKAGE? Love

Indian pm so what. Black cat white cat, can catch rat mean good cat.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(08-03-2024, 06:03 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Indian pm so what. Black cat white cat, can catch rat mean good cat.

Ceca spotted.   Rolleyes

(08-03-2024, 08:58 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Ceca spotted.   Rolleyes

The conversion of Indian citizenship to Singaporean citizenship is not a hypothetical topic that's confined to classrooms in university or junior college campuses.   It is a process that the government must regulate because 1.4 billion Indians are many times over, a big enough number to fill up all our HDB flats including those on the drawing boards.

I am not being xenophobic here but if we want to maintain our MICO ratio, then we have to be careful with how we bring in and how many we bring in, and this applies to other ethnic groups as well.  For now, the biggest group of new citizens is the jhks of ethnic Chinese ancestry because it is also ethnic Chinese Singaporeans who are dragging our TFR down, not the Malays, not the ethnic Indians but the Hans.

Every time a Malay Singaporean family makes a baby and soon, it becomes a family of five kids, and the population grows by natural birth, we have no choice but to import more and more jhks if we want to balance it up since local Han Singaporeans are making babies below the replacement rate.  

The above member whom I replied to earlier seems to be in favour of having an Indian PM arguing that white cat black cat catch rat....you know what he is saying right.  Rolleyes

(08-03-2024, 09:09 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The conversion of Indian citizenship to Singaporean citizenship is not a hypothetical topic that's confined to classrooms in university or junior college campuses.   It is a process that the government must regulate because 1.4 billion Indians are many times over, a big enough number to fill up all our HDB flats including those on the drawing boards.

I am not being xenophobic here but if we want to maintain our MICO ratio, then we have to be careful with how we bring in and how many we bring in, and this applies to other ethnic groups as well.  For now, the biggest group of new citizens is the jhks of ethnic Chinese ancestry because it is also ethnic Chinese Singaporeans who are dragging our TFR down, not the Malays, not the ethnic Indians but the Hans.

Every time a Malay Singaporean family makes a baby and soon, it becomes a family of five kids, and the population grows by natural birth, we have no choice but to import more and more jhks if we want to balance it up since local Han Singaporeans are making babies below the replacement rate.  

The above member whom I replied to earlier seems to be in favour of having an Indian PM arguing that white cat black cat catch rat....you know what he is saying right.  Rolleyes

Of course.

Black cat white cat catch rat.

If the next PM aspirant is capable and better than LW, GCT, LHL and LKY combined, it would be foolish to not vote for him, just because he was born in India and is a new citizen.  He might not contest on a PAP card.  Who knows, he might form his own party and round up forty or fifty members all from his village, and speak eloquently, persuasively and thump the rostrum with fire emanating from his mouth and Anuscaspier would be won over....

He was aloof when being the Foreign Minister. Seldom or hardly visit his Aljunied constituent. Kind of mentioned his colleagues can handle without him, since the FM roles carries a higher level of responsibility. 

With the high numbers of Foreign workers entering Singapore market at that period, WP LTK sharp intuition launched a assault into Aljunied constituent. 
Sensing George already lost touch with the commoners, and his aloof scholar ways of expression, LTK taking the risk, personally leaded the WP team to punched above the weight. 

He got no one else to blame except himself imo. Thinking being able to speak like LKY, will automatically be accepted by the commoners Singaporean 100%.
A deadly error, because Singaporean respected LKY and LTK not for their gift of gap, but sincerity in helping Singaporean to have a better living.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

He just revealed that LHL tried to, by hook or by crook, get a PAP-affiliated person to be president. But why? Unless there's something to hide.

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(08-03-2024, 04:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  He just revealed that LHL tried to, by hook or by crook, get a PAP-affiliated person to be president. But why? Unless there's something to hide.

maybe he know something we don't know.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(08-03-2024, 09:30 AM)moonrab Wrote:  He was aloof when being the Foreign Minister. Seldom or hardly visit his Aljunied constituent. Kind of mentioned his colleagues can handle without him, since the FM roles carries a higher level of responsibility. 

With the high numbers of Foreign workers entering Singapore market at that period, WP LTK sharp intuition launched a assault into Aljunied constituent. 
Sensing George already lost touch with the commoners, and his aloof scholar ways of expression, LTK taking the risk, personally leaded the WP team to punched above the weight. 

He got no one else to blame except himself imo. Thinking being able to speak like LKY, will automatically be accepted by the commoners Singaporean 100%.
A deadly error, because Singaporean respected LKY and LTK not for their gift of gap, but sincerity in helping Singaporean to have a better living.

What you said are valid. He didn't have a strong presence and even in Parliament he didn't speak a lot.

But what Lky said did do some damage too. The same thing happened when he compared CST's O level results with that of MBT.

The electorate in Aljuunied was a different kettle of fish from the PG who had lived through the Japanese Occupation, separation from Malaysia and the racial riots.

The younger generation (s) is (are) not so docile, and this election we are seeing a WOKE generation of voters who had only known the good life that's soaked in BBT unlike their great grandparents who were soaked in sweat and tears.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

He don't know how to handle the Workers and foreign workers immigrati oncommunty staying space in Serangoon Garden Way... Tongue

(08-03-2024, 04:53 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  He don't know how to handle the Workers and foreign workers immigrati oncommunty staying space in Serangoon Garden Way... Tongue

"He got no one else to blame except himself." (100% truth.)

"Imo. Thinking being able to speak like LKY, will automatically be accepted by the commoners Singaporean 100%."

A deadly error", b'cos Singaporean respected LKY and LTK not for their gift of gap He don't know how to handle the Workers and foreign workers immigrati oncommunty staying space in Serangoon Garden Way... Clapping that the truth.

(08-03-2024, 04:41 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  maybe he know something we don't know.

He don't know how to handle the Workers and foreign workers immigration communty staying space in Serangoon Garden Way... Clapping that the truth when they contracter's want to built workers space in Serangoon Garden Way, right.

(07-03-2024, 07:29 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  cannon behind horse.

cannon fire behind horse

[Image: SLB2RWg.gif]

Quick call him wumao and fica him... Tongue

Isd mha isa simi lan also activate... Tongue

Else people not happy, not happy... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

There's another Yeo that is at least as brilliant, if not more, and that is Philip Yeo. I'm looking forward to his next book but dun think he'll come out with one.

Cruel to say this to a dead man who cannot even defend. Good this GY got voted out.

There's another revelation provided by George. That is, LHL may have felt threatened by him. I suspect that his"colleagues" may have included LHL.

Quote:He wrote about how in his first seven years in Government, Mr Lee Kuan Yew included him for most of his overseas trips, which “must have caused a certain amount of jealousy among my colleagues”.

“Watching the publicity I was getting, my mother, before she died, told me that while Lee Kuan Yew had an affection for me, I should never compete with his son,” wrote Mr Yeo in the book.

Hence, after he lost the election, he was quickly asked by LHL to step down from CEC, even though he still had a year left to next term. Obviously LHL can't wait to see him go. If not for the fact that LHL is LKY's son, our current PM may be George.

(07-03-2024, 01:16 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  I think a book like this probably does not hv much significance
Aljunied GRC loss, he see LKY and LHL may have felt threatened by him and his son (suspect...😁😂).

I think this book is another rubbish like AhButt's daily dose of complains and bad mouthing from PAP to China. You may like it if you are CECArians.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(08-03-2024, 08:58 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Ceca spotted.   Rolleyes

Ha.. trying to divert when kena corner. The next pm potential pm is a ceca? U really giving our local Indian community a bad name.

Can name a ceca mp we had currently?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..