HSI persistently weak and unable to sustain rallies...just keep going down

Selling is concentrated in financial sector as major banks report a 5-6% drop in profits...
But this is somewhat stupid....because with interest rate falling the yield of 6-8% jn the banks will bring in buyers in next few months.
[Image: A1tnmbl.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Back below 18K look for the buying surge at 1030am to carry it above 18K.

[Image: HHtRm4H.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

To go up,  HSI must keep the momentum. But it has the habit of morning up afternoon down. Will this time b an exception

(30-08-2024, 10:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Back below 18K look for the buying surge at 1030am to carry it above 18K.

[Image: HHtRm4H.jpeg]

As expected buying came in at 1030am and HSI is swept above 18K

[Image: kLml7wr.jpeg]

HSTech rises 3%. But the most popular tech stocks underperform the market.

[Image: xVy3kMe.jpeg]

(30-08-2024, 12:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSTech rises 3%. But the most popular tech stocks underperform the market.

[Image: xVy3kMe.jpeg]

Noon profit takingSmile

(30-08-2024, 12:50 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Noon profit takingSmile

Got news for property arrr

(30-08-2024, 12:50 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Noon profit takingSmile

Profit taking fast n furious

(30-08-2024, 02:50 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Profit taking fast n furious

As long as 18K holds....it's okay.18K is now supoort.

(30-08-2024, 03:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  As long as 18K holds....it's okay.18K is now supoort.

I am still on yr side don’t worry bro

So It’ll either chiong above 18k, stay at 18k or collapse below 18k

(30-08-2024, 03:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  As long as 18K holds....it's okay.18K is now supoort.

Broke 18k, are you worried now?

(30-08-2024, 04:05 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Broke 18k, are you worried now?

No it's just last minute closing anomaly.
Many players who need to rebalanced or sell /buy often wait till the closing ...because today the market rose much of the day these people waited until close for better prices to sell

(30-08-2024, 10:23 AM)revealer Wrote:  To go up,  HSI must keep the momentum. But it has the habit of morning up afternoon down. Will this time b an exception
The HSI player r behaving more and more like fisherman, casting nets in the morning and collecting nets in the afternoon. The failure to hold above 18k does not bode well with investors’ desires to break up from recent price falls.

(30-08-2024, 04:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No it's just last minute closing anomaly.
Many players who need to rebalanced or sell /buy often wait till the closing ...because today the market rose much of the day these people waited until close for better prices to sell

Now broke below 17850, is it still last min rebalancing? Lol

(30-08-2024, 04:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No it's just last minute closing anomaly.

All gains wipe off lol

Expected there is some volatility and HSI is sold down from above 18K to 17750.

While tiis look like another failure to stay above 18k and traders gave shorted ...I believe the HSI will recover quickly to above 18K.

The reason is all the blue chip earnings already out and shows a stabilisation. With US interest rate cuts coming and Chjna/HK markets being the highest yielding markets ....these markets can sustain an uptrend unlike previous selloffs.

Any selldown below 8K  is a small window of time to buy. Take advantage as these may last only 1 day or half  a day.

[Image: 51tFWg4.jpeg]

Market will reverse from intraday selldown and move up at 1030am when automatic buy programmes are turned on.

Pro traders will buy at 1030am to get the best upswings.

(02-09-2024, 09:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Expected there is some volatility and HSI is sold down from above 18K to 17750.

While tiis look like another failure to stay above 18k and traders gave shorted ...I believe the HSI will recover quickly to above 18K.

The reason is all the blue chip earnings already out and shows a stabilisation. With US interest rate cuts coming and Chjna/HK markets being the highest yielding markets ....these markets can sustain an uptrend unlike previous selloffs.

Any selldown below 8K  is a small window of time to buy. Take advantage as these may last only 1 day or half  a day.

Market will reverse from intraday selldown and move up at 1030am when automatic buy programmes are turned on.

Everyday Friday?

(02-09-2024, 09:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Expected there is some volatility and HSI is sold down from above 18K to 17750.

As expected.a bottom is formed at exactly 1030am

[Image: mxjCPdS.jpeg]

(02-09-2024, 10:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  As expected.a bottom is formed at exactly 1030am

Day is still early to say bottom lol

(02-09-2024, 10:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  As expected.a bottom is formed at exactly 1030am

Told u not everyday friday

Chinese banks perform poorly as they need to allow customers to remortgage at lower rates.

Estimate income loss is $66B spread over a few yrs.

[Image: eI6prB8.jpeg]

Looks more like profit taking after recent run up..rather than some kind of crisis. If yoh look at last few months China banks have gone up with other stocks have sink.

Also banks reported a 6% drop in earnings.
Chinese banks have more than 59% discount to book and low dividend payout ratios plus implicit guarantee fro.Chuna givt as China govt js majority share holders. As of today dividend yield is 8%.
[Image: 4P4WuSO.jpeg]

(03-09-2024, 11:09 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Chinese banks perform poorly as they need to allow customers to remortgage at lower rates.

Estimate income loss is $66B spread over a few yrs.

[Image: eI6prB8.jpeg]

Looks more like profit taking after recent run up.
[Image: 4P4WuSO.jpeg]

Yr 18k is goner

(03-09-2024, 11:10 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Yr 18k is goner

HSI has reversed from the downtrend already even though it has not been able to stay above the key 18K level

It will not selldown but consolidate for another attempt at 18K.

[Image: Z96qspt.jpeg]

(03-09-2024, 11:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSI has reversed from the downtrend already even though it has not been able to stay above the key 18K level

Did u see the uptrend already broken? By the time Hsi reach 18k again, yr leverage long all are losses

DEEP profit shorting...because today is NEW MOON calender..a MAJOR MARKET TURNING POINT for GLOBAL MARKET.

Secret - Universe

HSI si liao... below 15000 soon.

(03-09-2024, 11:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSI has reversed from the downtrend already even though it has not been able to stay above the key 18K level

Still selling downSmile

Buy Nikkei for 700 pointsss rebound.

these Lots of turmoil in overvalued US markets

But the Fed  rate cuts is like an oxygen supply that can keep China and HK recovery especially the property sector.

Anyway watch the HK China market today if they can hold out as Nikkei plunge 3-4%.

I will trim my HSI long positions if it does not begin to show strength near the 17K level.

These market went down as US market rallied for 3 yrs. I see a negative correlation. Now there has to be markets that absorb the outflows  from US emerging markets like Indonesia, Malaysia, etc ....China and HK are bombed out ....

As we enter a phase of weak dollar the carry trade has to find places with yield and stronger currencies.