HSI persistently weak and unable to sustain rallies...just keep going down

(09-09-2024, 07:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  these Lots of turmoil in overvalued US markets

But the Fed  rate cuts is like an oxygen supply that can keep China and HK recovery especially the property sector.

Anyway watch the HK China market today if they can hold out as Nikkei plunge 3-4%.

I will trim my HSI long positions if it does not begin to show strength near the 17K level.

These market went down as US market rallied for 3 yrs. I see a negative correlation. Now there has to be markets that absorb the outflows  from US emerging markets like Indonesia, Malaysia, etc ....China and HK are bombed out ....

As we enter a phase of weak dollar the carry trade has to find places with yield and stronger currencies.

U r right on broad terms but wrong in most trade timings so will still lose $$

(09-09-2024, 07:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  these Lots of turmoil in overvalued US markets

But the Fed  rate cuts is like an oxygen supply that can keep China and HK recovery especially the property sector.

Anyway watch the HK China market today if they can hold out as Nikkei plunge 3-4%.

I will trim my HSI long positions if it does not begin to show strength near the 17K level.

These market went down as US market rallied for 3 yrs. I see a negative correlation. Now there has to be markets that absorb the outflows  from US emerging markets like Indonesia, Malaysia, etc ....China and HK are bombed out ....

As we enter a phase of weak dollar the carry trade has to find places with yield and stronger currencies.

When sgbuffett feeling disheartened, can buy Liao now

(09-09-2024, 03:12 PM)Zannn Wrote:  When sgbuffett feeling disheartened, can buy Liao now

I don't feel excited or disheartened ...neither do I have control over the market.

I watch the market objective to see how it behaves and act accordingly. 

Like I said I am watching how the HSI behaves as it approaches 17K....by right it should have some support but let it prove itself first.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(30-08-2024, 04:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No it's just last minute closing anomaly.
Many players who need to rebalanced or sell /buy often wait till the closing ...because today the market rose much of the day these people waited until close for better prices to sell

18k told u selling fast n furious. U say rebalancing

If 17,000 can hold, expect HSI to test 17,400 tomorrow and then 17,800 by the week.

(02-09-2024, 09:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Expected there is some volatility and HSI is sold down from above 18K to 17750.

While tiis look like another failure to stay above 18k and traders gave shorted ...I believe the HSI will recover quickly to above 18K.

The reason is all the blue chip earnings already out and shows a stabilisation. With US interest rate cuts coming and Chjna/HK markets being the highest yielding markets ....these markets can sustain an uptrend unlike previous selloffs.

Any selldown below 8K  is a small window of time to buy. Take advantage as these may last only 1 day or half  a day.

[Image: 51tFWg4.jpeg]

Market will reverse from intraday selldown and move up at 1030am when automatic buy programmes are turned on.

Pro traders will buy at 1030am to get the best upswings.

Sgbuffett I am curious, this 1030am automatic buy programme theory comes from where?

Also, how u derive it will only last half or at most one day, for Hsi to stay below 18k? For learning purpose

(09-09-2024, 03:12 PM)Zannn Wrote:  When sgbuffett feeling disheartened, can buy Liao now

Yesterday when I told u at 3, did u listen?Smile

Expect HSI to test 17K today
[Image: Nyx6RcZ.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No more privileges for the HK Trade Offices in the US.  HK might have to close the three trade offices in New York etc.  US suspected HK Trade Offices in the US is spying for China.

http://www.aastocks.com/en/stocks/news/a...-news/AAFN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Hong_...e_spy_case

What can be more accurate than this??? Smile)

Watch 17K level.
Despite weekend release of lousy China econkmic data showing slowdown across the board, market is muted today

Although i am  LONG HSI I have not added to my original positions and I am not optimistic of anything improving in China economy. 

The main factor is US rate cuts. and strengthening of Yuan. These 2 factors will counter the weak china economy which is a well known thing and discounted by the market already.

Did anyone follow this when it’s 17100? Smile)

(16-09-2024, 10:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Watch 17K level.
Despite weekend release of lousy China econkmic data showing slowdown across the board, market is muted today

Although i am  LONG HSI I have not added to my original positions and I am not optimistic of anything improving in China economy. 

The main factor is US rate cuts. and strengthening of Yuan. These 2 factors will counter the weak china economy which is a well known thing and discounted by the market already.

HSI has rebounded to 17700 from 17000.
Like last time it nears 18K I expect it be unstable and experience profit taking.

(17-09-2024, 01:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSI has rebounded to 17700 from 17000.
Like last time it nears 18K I expect it be unstable and experience profit taking.

Did u expect it to be unstable during last 18k? U confidentially said below 18k at most last a day. Grab the opportunity for max upswing le

(02-09-2024, 09:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Expected there is some volatility and HSI is sold down from above 18K to 17750.

While tiis look like another failure to stay above 18k and traders gave shorted ...I believe the HSI will recover quickly to above 18K.

The reason is all the blue chip earnings already out and shows a stabilisation. With US interest rate cuts coming and Chjna/HK markets being the highest yielding markets ....these markets can sustain an uptrend unlike previous selloffs.

Any selldown below 8K  is a small window of time to buy. Take advantage as these may last only 1 day or half  a day.

[Image: 51tFWg4.jpeg]

Market will reverse from intraday selldown and move up at 1030am when automatic buy programmes are turned on.

Pro traders will buy at 1030am to get the best upswings.

This long thesis explained clearly that u expected market to rally from the last 18k? Pardon my lousy english

HSI ti retest 18K level soon on the back of FED rate cuts

Property related sticks are main drivers as they benefit most from rate cuts.
[Image: IcqumUF.jpeg]

(09-09-2024, 10:12 AM)Zannn Wrote:  U r right on broad terms but wrong in most trade timings so will still lose $$

Sgbuffett, told u fierce selling u say rebalance. Told u can buy at 17100 u don’t dare. But we all learn togetherSmile

HSI just a hairline from critical 18K level..

As per before, we shall see how HSI perform and whether it can stay above 18K...once it is crossed.

[Image: foWH1Ka.jpeg]

3rd try to stay above 18K.

Lots of wind blowing behind its back as Fed rate cut has more positive effects in Asian markets that US market which  is overvalued.

[Image: GW55S4K.jpeg]