Dow Index futures will move sharply at 8:30pm tonight- here's why.

(13-09-2022, 09:20 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Can see -900 for Dow before 12am

Done. Pack up.
[+] 1 user Likes Zannn's post

DOW dropped 1276 points....Sgx morning index may react negatively loh...

Looks bad. Those who cheong in last few days kena burnt black.

Powell already warned....more pain ahead.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-09-2022, 08:09 PM)forum456 Wrote:  no matter what CPI number, it will never go down to 2.0 by end of the year.
It means USA interest rate will stay high above 3% to 4% from end of the year onwards

3% to 4% will be bad for equity and Dow index should go much lower from end of the year onwards.

It will not go down to 2% until next year ..the reason is CPI of 8% is compared with 12 months ago. Prices actually rose only 0.1% month on month. Even if month on month inflation is 0% we will still get big numbers because it is compared with 12months ago.

The Fed will stop hiking rates once the month on month hits 0%. 

This time th problem is with core inflation that rose 0.6% month on month when analyst expected 0.3%

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-09-2022, 06:34 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It will not go down to 2% until next year ..the reason is CPI of 8% is compared with 12 months ago. Prices actually rose 0.1% month on month. Even if month on month inflation is 0% we will still get big numbers because it is compared with 12months ago.

The Fed will stop hiking rates once the month on month hits 0%. 

This time th problem is with core inflation that rose 0.6% month on month when analyst expected 0.3%

Finally you got one correct after being wrong 4 days in a row.  Congrats! Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Despite drama on the stock market here is the inflation number to ponder.

From last month prices rose 0.1% ....if continues like this for 12 months...the annualised inflation is 1.2%. It is actually stabilised.

Market was looking for a fall because oil prices material prices  fall ....fall will signal Fed can slow its rate hikes...hence there was disappointment and last 4 days of gains wiped out in one session.

Put things into perspective the US market is high based on historic measures and is supported by low rates. Even if Fed hike to 3% the rate the same as the level to which rates were cut in 2000 triggering the dot com bubble. So rates are very low even with the coming hikes.

Fed dare not implement its QT on schedule because it will cause a recession for sure. 

Once Fed hike toward 4% US stocks have to come down another 20%. 

There may be all sorts of twist and turns along the way. And this may stretch out over 8 or 9 months. A 20% fall will take the S&P500 to 3100 level. 

I don't see the same move ir problems for regional markets Malaysia and Indonesia are beneficiaries of oil and commodities recovery .

[Image: Shb33Bk.jpg]

(14-09-2022, 05:54 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  DOW dropped 1276 points....Sgx morning index may react negatively loh...

Will fall but muted not so much drama.
Last 10yrs US market went up 200% Singapore market 10%.....higher you climb the bigger the fall.

Good very good

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.