I've seen 4 deaths in Hospital

Words of wisdom from Steve Jobs...

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life.

It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now, the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away.

Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true."

(05-11-2022, 06:21 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Words of wisdom from Steve Jobs...

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life.

It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now, the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away.

Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true."

And then he died.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-11-2022, 06:24 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  And then he died.

Yes, he did.

As they say: Change is the only constant in life and death is the only certainty.

(05-11-2022, 03:56 PM)singlon Wrote:  not safe to be in hospital
my also involve saline
they forgot to give me salt i began to hallucinate
it other words Body shutting down.

so salt is impt

I never like to visit sick
I cannot take it
the sight of it

(05-11-2022, 06:14 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Even if the person truly has no fear of dying, the process of it can be difficult and lengthy , labored breathing [like drowning]. , inflammation of all the cells as the organs start to shut down etc. If very lucky just go immediately or die in sleep. That is the bestest way to go.

On my last night at NUH an oldman came into my ward. He look more like a dead man....sunken eyes, mouth open with sunken chin. Whole night i couldn't sleep becos this oldman kept screaming in extreme pain throughout. I ask nurse why liddat....she told me oldman disorientated and scare to be alone. He can't talk except screaming....super scary to hear his scream.

(05-11-2022, 07:15 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  On my last night at NUH an oldman came into my ward. He look more like a dead man....sunken eyes, mouth open with sunken chin. Whole night i couldn't sleep becos this oldman kept screaming in extreme pain throughout. I ask nurse why liddat....she told me oldman disorientated and scare to be alone. He can't talk except screaming....super scary to hear his scream.
How come you kena warded in the hospice care room with those terminal cases with just a few breaths left? ...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(05-11-2022, 07:22 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  How come you kena warded in the hospice care room with those terminal cases with just a few breaths left? ...... Thinking

Normal 6 bedder C ward lah.
NUH ward quite nice wan. Bed very nice and food lagi good.... especially the breakfast damn solid...much nicer than HC food.

SG really lots of old people now.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(05-11-2022, 02:38 PM)Levin Wrote:  I am not so fearful of death. I am more fearful of prolonged pain and suffering before death. I have seen some who suffered extreme pain for a period of time before dying. Very painful to see.

Note that it does not mean I am not fearful of death, just not so fearful relative to the suffering before death.

if you are willing to spend $20,000.   Go to switzerland when you have prolonged pain and suffering.

you can choose when to die.

so if you are fearful, $20,000 can solve your problem.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

(05-11-2022, 07:57 PM)drgn Wrote:  if you are willing to spend $20,000.   Go to switzerland when you have prolonged pain and suffering.

you can choose when to die.

so if you are fearful, $20,000 can solve your problem.

u mean they can do it for foreigner
how u know
u done it for someone

(05-11-2022, 07:40 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Normal 6 bedder C ward lah.
NUH ward quite nice wan. Bed very nice and food lagi good.... especially the breakfast damn solid...much nicer than HC food.

SG really lots of old people now.

is it same as class as other hospital

(05-11-2022, 07:15 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  On my last night at NUH an oldman came into my ward. He look more like a dead man....sunken eyes, mouth open with sunken chin. Whole night i couldn't sleep becos this oldman kept screaming in extreme pain throughout. I ask nurse why liddat....she told me oldman disorientated and scare to be alone. He can't talk except screaming....super scary to hear his scream.

he not in pain
dementia

(05-11-2022, 08:08 PM)Talent Wrote:  is it same as class as other hospital

Not all same lah.
U go SGH ER u will think u in 3rd world hospital. Rotfl

(05-11-2022, 08:09 PM)Talent Wrote:  he not in pain
dementia

What is the link between dementia and the screaming?

And 80yo uncle of mine was also hospitalised 3 weeks ago, staying in a 4-bedder B ward.
One 80yo+ man with dementia was also screaming away, even during night time.
His wife told my uncle that he was still ok earlier and even went Malaysia for a short trip.
But the screaming or moaning condition suddenly surfaced.
Last heard that the old man had passed away.

(05-11-2022, 08:06 PM)Talent Wrote:  u mean they can do it for foreigner
how u know
u done it for someone

I think they did. I remembered reading about a 100+ year old professor(?) from Australia going there to be euthanised a few years back.

(05-11-2022, 08:29 PM)sgxin Wrote:  What is the link between dementia and the screaming?

do not know
just know that dementia people talk non stop and loudly

unless he screaming in pain, that one you should be able to tell by looking at them

(05-11-2022, 08:06 PM)Talent Wrote:  u mean they can do it for foreigner
how u know
u done it for someone

you mean that you know poison can kill only after taking poison.

now you speak like h4h.

The saddest patient I saw was lying next to my bed. Hes only 20yo. Whole day I only saw he open his eyes a few times as well as moving his head.

His dad told me his son had high fever at age 1.5 and KKH doctors don't know what to do and subsequently son kena stroke and part of his brain went dead.

The son can understand but can't speak. Can't walk but can crawl very fast. But now seems kena stroke again and don't know when can recover.

Nurse told me very hard to recover liao.

(05-11-2022, 02:16 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Don't bluff!
Just faith. Without faith its impossible to please Him. All things work for good according to his purpose.

Everyday got health, is the biggest wealth.

Nothing in this world is more happy than having a healthy body.

(24-10-2022, 09:01 AM)wendychan Wrote:  raining  - lets hope rain doesnt stop till tomorrow
(06-11-2022, 10:41 AM)wendychan Wrote:  macham like she is such a media guru
she even needs to have ang mo hair colour.- for shock value FOOk FOOk FOOk
[+] 1 user Likes Choc's post