Israel's actions : A disgrace for civilisation!

[Image: Screenshot-20240308-104118-com-whatsapp-...405152.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

There is no doubt that Israel has gone overboard with its retaliation, but Hamas started this war and the Israelis certainly are hellbent on finishing it so there is no repeat invasion, murder, rape and kidnapping on their soil again.

(08-03-2024, 10:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:   There is no doubt that Israel has gone overboard with its retaliation, but Hamas started this war and the Israelis certainly are hellbent on finishing it so there is no repeat invasion, murder, rape and kidnapping on their soil again.

Hamas started???

How many years have the conflicts been taking place in Palastine?  Thinking

(08-03-2024, 10:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:   There is no doubt that Israel has gone overboard with its retaliation, but Hamas started this war and the Israelis certainly are hellbent on finishing it so there is no repeat invasion, murder, rape and kidnapping on their soil again.

Why do you insist on erasing all that happened before Oct 7? I can understand why Israel would want you to erase all that but aren't you capable of thinking for yourself? Do you really think Oct 7 happened in a vacuum?

(08-03-2024, 11:12 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Hamas started??? How many years have the conflicts been taking place in Palastine? 

Aren't we discussing this current conflict? Why are you dragging your version of ancient history into this debate???

(08-03-2024, 11:16 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Why do you insist on erasing all that happened before Oct 7? I can understand why Israel would want you to erase all that but aren't you capable of thinking for yourself? Do you really think Oct 7 happened in a vacuum?

Both of us are fully capable of thinking for ourselves so stop trying to shove your beliefs and your version of history down my throat. Be mature by agreeing that both of us may disagree like adults. You will support Hamas because you share a common religion with them. I am not a Jew nor am I a Muslim, so I can rightly claim to be neutral in this conflict.  

(08-03-2024, 10:44 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20240308-104118-com-whatsapp-...405152.jpg]

On Sunday 10/3 the whole Rafah will be blown off liao lah! Big Grin No ceasefire lah!

(08-03-2024, 11:42 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Both of us are fully capable of thinking for ourselves so stop trying to shove your beliefs and your version of history down my throat. Be mature by agreeing that both of us may disagree like adults. You will support Hamas because you share a common religion with them. I am not a Jew nor am I a Muslim, so I can rightly claim to be neutral in this conflict.  

Talk cock. Can I say that since I'm neither a Jew nor a Muslim and am not even a Christian I'm even more neutral than you? You logic is highly flawed.

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(08-03-2024, 11:39 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Aren't we discussing this current conflict? Why are you dragging your version of ancient history into this debate???

Ancient history???

Did I???

(08-03-2024, 11:39 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Aren't we discussing this current conflict? Why are you dragging your version of ancient history into this debate???

Conflict seldom starts from one single event. It usually happens from a series of conflicts in the past so I dun see anything wrong with bringing out history. Another highly flawed argument from u.

(08-03-2024, 11:54 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Conflict seldom starts from one single event. It usually happens from a series of conflicts in the past so I dun see anything wrong with bringing out history. Another highly flawed argument from u.

The current (ongoing) conflict was triggered by the 7 Oct invasion by Hamas where they murdered, raped and kidnapped Israeli civilians. What is so difficult for you to comprehend?

(08-03-2024, 11:57 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The current (ongoing) conflict was triggered by the 7 Oct invasion by Hamas where they murdered, raped and kidnapped Israeli civilians. What is so difficult for you to comprehend?

Let's take an example to make it simple for you to understand.

If you only see a man killing another's father, of cos you'd say that the action is wrong and the person should be punished. But what if the other has first killed his whole family and the man is taking revenge as a result of that? 

I'm not even saying both sides are right (or wrong) but saying that you can't ignore history. Still difficult for you to comprehend? Then I can't help it liao.

(08-03-2024, 11:42 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Both of us are fully capable of thinking for ourselves so stop trying to shove your beliefs and your version of history down my throat. Be mature by agreeing that both of us may disagree like adults. You will support Hamas because you share a common religion with them. I am not a Jew nor am I a Muslim, so I can rightly claim to be neutral in this conflict.  

The history, which started in 1948, is well documented by credible and well-known Jewish historians like Ilan Pappe, Edward Said, or Benny Morris and many more. Nobody has their own version of what happened because it all happened in modern times when mankind were already documenting events and keeping records. The historical facts agree with what I am telling you. The Zionists want that entire land for a Jewish state and they must get rid of the Palestinians living there, which is what they are doing now, ethnic cleansing.

There is no other version. There is no disagreement about the history of this crime which has been going on for over 7 decades already.

(08-03-2024, 12:04 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The history, which started in 1948, is well documented by credible and well-known Jewish historians like Ilan Pappe, Edward Said, or Benny Morris and many more. Nobody has their own version of what happened because it all happened in modern times when mankind were already documenting events and keeping records. The historical facts agree with what I am telling you. The Zionists want that entire land for a Jewish state and they must get rid of the Palestinians living there, which is what they are doing now, ethnic cleansing.

There is no other version. There is no disagreement about the history of this crime which has been going on for over 7 decades already.

Well said....
Even Christians in Palestine are being decimated by the Israel hostilities.

Pope already issued condemnation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwlc-_kjhA

Prior to European Jews settler colonization of Palestinian lands (partly driven by Nazis), Jews/Muslims/Christians were living relatively harmoniously. 
Its a shame western continues to support this Israeli oppression and genocide of Palestine people.
[+] 1 user Likes lylcnn's post

(08-03-2024, 12:15 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Well said....

Prior to European Jews settler colonization of Palestinian lands (partly driven by Nazis), Jews/Muslims/Christians were living relatively harmoniously. 
Its a shame western continues to support this Israeli oppression and genocide of Palestine people.

Jews hate Christians because of Jesus Christ lah! Big Grin

Aiya 遇到这种事很麻烦的了

(08-03-2024, 12:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Jews hate Christians because of Jesus Christ lah! Big Grin

你的神我的佛,谁比谁大?

(08-03-2024, 01:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  你的神我的佛,谁比谁大?

我的川建国最大! Laughing

Trump is protected by so many gods!!!  Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.tiktok.com/@shengrmg3mf/vide...17?lang=en

(08-03-2024, 12:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Jews hate Christians because of Jesus Christ lah! Big Grin

May I remind you that the Christians were esp. intolerant of BOTH Muslims and Jews during the crucades and would resort to annihilation of the communities once they conquered Jeruselem. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of...e_Crusades

(08-03-2024, 01:57 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  May I remind you that the Christians were esp. intolerant of BOTH Muslims and Jews during the crucades and would resort to annihilation of the communities once they conquered Jeruselem. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of...e_Crusades

The Crusaders were commanded by Jesus Christ to get rid of non-believers lah! Big Grin

(08-03-2024, 04:11 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  The Crusaders were commanded by Jesus Christ to get rid of non-believers lah! Big Grin

You saw ah?  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

you are an evangelist or a Hindu from north India

(08-03-2024, 12:15 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Well said....

As per Islamic narrations, Jesus will descend from lower heaven to Damascus ,not to Jerusalem.One of the reasons is he can get the recognition, respect and real followers only in Muslim Land.

(08-03-2024, 04:43 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You saw ah?  Rotfl

You believe meh? Thinking

(08-03-2024, 12:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Let's take an example to make it simple for you to understand.

If you only see a man killing another's father, of cos you'd say that the action is wrong and the person should be punished. But what if the other has first killed his whole family and the man is taking revenge as a result of that? 

I'm not even saying both sides are right (or wrong) but saying that you can't ignore history. Still difficult for you to comprehend? Then I can't help it liao.

It is just a case example and sounded simple. What if you forgive the man who killed your siblings (father) and you tried to understand him and helped him to settle down but he kept coming back time and time again to kill your other siblings. Would you let him go?

(08-03-2024, 06:30 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  It is just a case example and sounded simple.  What if you forgive the man who killed your siblings (father) and you tried to understand him and helped him to settle down but he kept coming back time and time again to kill your other siblings.  Would you let him go?

I couldn't comment or judge, as there could be so many possibilities played out that outsiders will find difficult to understand. All I'm saying is that one shouldn't just look at incidents as isolated events, but to also include looking at the historic happenings. In the case of Palestinians vs Israelis, can we just apportion blame to only the Hamas, and that Israel is totally absolved of any responsibility? My opinion is no. But do I stand on the side of Hamas? Again no. 

Referring back to your example. What if the truth is that you killed his entire clan? It's easy to say, since I help you to settle down you should put down your revenge, but in reality it's not easy to do.

(08-03-2024, 06:41 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I couldn't comment or judge, as there could be so many possibilities played out that outsiders will find difficult to understand. All I'm saying is that one shouldn't just look at incidents as isolated events, but to also include looking at the historic happenings. In the case of Palestinians vs Israelis, can we just apportion blame to only the Hamas, and that Israel is totally absolved of any responsibility? My opinion is no. But do I stand on the side of Hamas? Again no. 

Referring back to your example. What if the truth is that you killed his entire clan? It's easy to say, since I help you to settle down you should put down your revenge, but in reality it's not easy to do.

Agree. When there is war going on, always hard to judge who is right and wrong. This is because they are trying to outdo each other, spreading all the news (false or true) to accuse each other. Only when the war has ended shall the truth surface.

cannot be cannot be... Tongue

they attack first they attack first... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(08-03-2024, 07:01 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  Agree.  When there is war going on,  always hard to judge who is right and wrong.  This is because they are trying to outdo each other, spreading all the news (false or true) to accuse each other.  Only when the war has ended shall the truth surface.

Russia and Ukraine are at war and yes, it's hard to judge who is right or wrong in such a political conflict.

But this is not a war nor is it a conflict. What started as ethnic cleansing in 1948 has turned into a plausible genocide today. What is happening is crime against humanity, not a conflict and not a war.

(08-03-2024, 07:01 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  Agree.  When there is war going on,  always hard to judge who is right and wrong.  This is because they are trying to outdo each other, spreading all the news (false or true) to accuse each other.  Only when the war has ended shall the truth surface.

There had been an uneasy truce between the two sides previous to Oct 7. Those in Hamas' corner assert that the assaults on that fateful day did not happen in a vacuum. Assuming Israel's strikes against Hamas were purely and simply in retaliation for the Oct 7 attacks - with no hidden agenda  put forth by conspiracy theorists - justice-minded observers are bound to defend the Israelis and rationalize their retaliatory assaults.

Their reasoning is that since Hamas broke the truce they ought to take the brunt of the all-out attacks, based on the olden code of law that called for punishment in the form of an eye for an eye. The Israeli troops may have gone overboard with their assaults and deserving of widespread condemnations, but that's another matter.

Opinions on the issue are divided. People can argue until they are blue in the face, but they'll never agree. I think it's wise to avoid such a contentious issue. For me, I too take a neutral posture in the argument.