Iswaran was handed 27 charges, corruption,gratification and obstructing justice

Paying him a token salary before confirmed corruption is to buy time for pap grc rejigged. gerry mandering in time.

(18-01-2024, 11:10 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  this greedy fat indian bastard still got the audacity to plead not guilty

He thought he didn’t received actual monies he can get away with it
But the Chief of Civil Defence Force was jailed for receiving sexual favours
There are many many cases of civil servants jailed for receiving presents instead of monies
My uncle was jailed 18 months for receiving free hampers and a watch
The prosecutor said he should have declared these free hampers to his boss or share with every one in the hospital!
Maybe he didn’t get Singh as a lawyer

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 
[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

I think he just let his guard down.

Although technically it is corruption, he was just getting some hospitality freebie tickets that he did not think much when accepting.

He should have been more kiasu.

He did not ask or receive money.

I don't like the PAP but honestly I a quite sympathetic given the context and circumstances, I think he just let his guard down. OBS js a charming guy...if he has some chocolates and offered to you...once you eat technically tlyou took a bribe.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Remind me of 

[Image: IMG-20240118-112443-763.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(18-01-2024, 11:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think he just let his guard down.

Although technically it is corruption, he was just getting some hospitality freebie tickets that he did not think much when accepting.

I don't like the PAP but honestly I a quite sympathetic given the context and circumstances, I think he just let his guard down. OBS js a charming guy...if he has some chocolates and offered to you...once you eat technically tlyou took a bribe.

cant reason with daft peeps.. and the chocolate example is NO example/comparison at all
even his staff know they must declare stuff like that

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

Wow!

White shark also swallowed car tyres?
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

https://www.psd.gov.sg/newsroom/pq-repli...%20Service.

[Image: d1Yc52b.jpg]

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 2 users Like wendychan's post

(18-01-2024, 11:18 AM)RichDad Wrote:  At that time, lky said ong is a dangerous fella. But that case no corruption as there were no favours given to hpl. Just a rich client's discount promo.

This time it seems  there is corruption.  Ong is a crafty old cock. Heard he first made his money from oil trading akso with  dubious methods

LKY …… and his son….. was lucky
Because it is a common practice and open secret 
That property developers gave discounts during VVVIP soft launch….
And his team of lawyers pounced on that!
But please la!
Public servants means public servants!

By now people should know that OBS really got a very big mouth
He went around boasting LKY bought his property and got discounts
That’s how the public know, and whispers went around
Pinky mistake was he never dealt with OBS when he got so many opportunities to do so
He should also have warned his people about OBS, but as we all know
HE NEVER LEARNED FROM HIS MISTAKES!!

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(18-01-2024, 11:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think he just let his guard down.

No. Not just careless.

2 charges were related to corruption. It seems he received favours from Ong to make things easier for him in F1. Remember the gahmen foots a substantial portion of the price charged by F1.

(18-01-2024, 11:31 AM)wendychan Wrote:  https://www.psd.gov.sg/newsroom/pq-repli...%20Service.

[Image: d1Yc52b.jpg]

I concede he broke the rules and the law.

The question his how serious and whether he was coerce to do something in return.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Vote for change, vote PAP OUT
[+] 2 users Like mrclubbie's post

(18-01-2024, 11:31 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  LKY …… and his son….. was lucky
Because it is a common practice and open secret 
That property developers gave discounts during VVVIP soft launch….
And his team of lawyers pounced on that!
But please la!
Public servants means public servants!

By now people should know that OBS really got a very big mouth
He went around boasting LKY bought his property and got discounts
That’s how the public know, and whispers went around
Pinky mistake was he never dealt with OBS when he got so many opportunities to do so
He should also have warned his people about OBS, but as we all know
HE NEVER LEARNED FROM HIS MISTAKES!!

Public servants cannot get discount on property launches? Says who?

These discounts are not bribes or gifts given to them in their professional capacity. They are buying private property.

If cannot, then they also can't shop on shopee with so many discounts or buy on sale items..

(18-01-2024, 10:58 AM)Sticw Wrote:  No multi million salaried person will risk his pay and status over 400k span across multi years...

The charge sheet is not disclosing in full what was his gains all these years...
Does it make sense dat a multimillionaire minstar will require a paltry 5 figure sum gratis niah to advance OBS biz interest. Wanna jiak oso jiak bigger sum afterall OBS stood to make a windfall from garbageman deals. Jin strange.

At most he is guilty of is being cheap and receiving 'complimentary' tickets to song and dance shows and matches [which are free on youtube or pay to watch on tv. Dis joker is a sucker for the high life].  Making so much moollah can jolly well afford to pay for these himself or buy his own high end champagne and carviar and shake leg and watch matches at home. 

How come OBS not charged for bribery huh?

(18-01-2024, 11:39 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Does it make sense dat a multimillionaire minstar will require a paltry 5 figure sum gratis niah to advance OBS biz interest. Wanna jiak oso jiak bigger sum afterall OBS stood to make a windfall from garbageman deals.

At most he is guilty of being cheap and receiving 'complimentary' tickets to song and dance shows and matches [which are free on youtube or pay to watch on tv. Dis joker is a sucker for the high life].  Making so much moollah can jolly well afford to pay for these himself or buy his own high end champagne and carviar and shake leg and watch matches at home. 

Obs could have cut a deal as a state witness to nail walan... maybe
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(18-01-2024, 11:39 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Does it make sense dat a multimillionaire minstar will require a paltry 5 figure sum gratis niah to advance OBS biz interest. Wanna jiak oso jiak bigger sum afterall OBS stood to make a windfall from garbageman deals. Jin strange.

At most he is guilty of is being cheap and receiving 'complimentary' tickets to song and dance shows and matches [which are free on youtube or pay to watch on tv. Dis joker is a sucker for the high life].  Making so much moollah can jolly well afford to pay for these himself or buy his own high end champagne and carviar and shake leg and watch matches at home. 

Maybe those things were so small its equivalent to getting a bottle of mineral water for ordinary people. To us look like something but for them is like nothing.

We are dealing with billionaire and a multi millionaire here.

(18-01-2024, 10:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  For example Ong Beng Seng offer some hospitality in the form of use of hotel suites which is under the auspices of F1 ....and Iswaran accepted it...

It does not seem so clear cut as he took money or gold bars....

The way business is done and deal making is to host your partners well...Good meals and lodging.

I thought its quite borderline.

Yes, they are bending the facts to suit the charges.
That's what pap is good at.

Remember they bent the Constitution  retrospectively to make Tharman a part time president?
[+] 2 users Like Alice Alicia's post

OMG Beng Seng started the ball rolling

F1 giving free tickets

Apartment giving huge discounts
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(18-01-2024, 11:25 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Remind me of 

[Image: IMG-20240118-112443-763.jpg]
Eggs less than $20 lah. Can keep.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

Chinese news reported that he asked(索取)for those tickets.

(18-01-2024, 11:53 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Yes, they are bending the facts to suit the charges.
That's what pap is good at.

Remember they bent the Constitution  retrospectively to make Tharman a part time president?

Who are those listed as end beneficiaries?

As gratitude, the names of those attended F1 should be disclosed  - who are they?

(18-01-2024, 11:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think he just let his guard down. Although technically it is corruption, he was just getting some hospitality freebie tickets that he did not think much when accepting. He should have been more kiasu. He did not ask or receive money. I don't like the PAP but honestly I a quite sympathetic given the context and circumstances, I think he just let his guard down. OBS js a charming guy...if he has some chocolates and offered to you...once you eat technically tlyou took a bribe.

Yeah...Iswaran had let "his guard down" for too long and too obvious.
Sorry hor....until the last day before court hearing, he is FORCED to RESIGN as a Minister and from PAP ...
In resignation letter to his ex-Boss, he even insist he is innocent...That must be an interesting "chocolates" that CPIB had discovered. Big Grin

So now you suggest to give him chance ? 
[Image: 240116_Letter-from-S-Iswaran-pdf.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(18-01-2024, 11:58 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Eggs less than $20 lah. Can keep.

It is not about the value but more on the moral and ethics. If every month received free eggs very shiok leh
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Gerrymandering cheong Argghhh!!! Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(18-01-2024, 09:43 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ib-4054406

He looks thinner now lah! Big Grin

(18-01-2024, 10:59 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I see list of freebie tickets are the main things in the charges 
To be Frank sometimes we help out at the CC we also get free tickets to national day dinner and ChingGay. Usually i give the tickets to others without much thought. The list of free tickets accumulated over a period. Maybe routinely after a hard day's work Ong Beng seng say take a break I manage to geg some free tickets from so and so ...wasted if nobody goes.

FYI, ALL gov officials have required  to declare any "freebie" or "free" lunch. or "free" gift or "free" air tickets they had received during their work under the SG law....Why do you think Iswaaan as the Cabinet Minister be an exception ?
Or maybe you prefer SG to be like other countries - Give chance like Iswaran clearly is trying to do in his 2nd Letter to PM:

[Image: 240117_Second-Letter-from-S-Iswaran-pdf.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Now I know why F1 renew contract so easily I think 3 years one shot wow! The F1 will lead to tourists dollars coming in indirectly OBS benefit from his business catering to them.

Iswaran gian peng lor those ticket monies so little wanna eat eat more mah. Anyway in Spore even if convicted of makan suap no death sentence so ok just go inside sit come out another big man and life as usual.

Maybe Iswaran's minions at MTI batoh him Laughing

You see the PM's letter.... cringeworthy. Did he say or do anything immediately or decisively when Humsup Tan jiak mangoes gao gao? Keep under wraps for 2 years! Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-01-2024, 01:08 PM)sgh Wrote:  Now I know why F1 renew contract so easily I think 3 years one shot wow! The F1 will lead to tourists dollars coming in indirectly OBS benefit from his business catering to them.

Iswaran gian peng lor those ticket monies so little wanna eat eat more mah. Anyway in Spore even if convicted of makan suap no death sentence so ok just go inside sit come out another big man and life as usual.

Likely there is more. Either they got no proof or it involves more powerful figures so just charge walan for accepting peanuts. A good deal done ? Pay a big fine. End of story.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(18-01-2024, 01:13 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Likely there is more. Either they got no proof or it involves more powerful figures so just charge walan for accepting peanuts. A good deal done ? Pay a big fine. End of story.

Spore law should change to follow China eat monies serious should death sentence.  Come on 15g so little white powder hang ppl already. Now eat millions or billions also won't die so sure next time got ppl wanna eat since no need die.

(18-01-2024, 01:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  Spore law should change to follow China eat monies serious should death sentence.  Come on 15g so little white powder hang ppl already. Now eat millions or billions also won't die so sure next time got ppl wanna eat since no need die.

Drugs destroy lives and families, diff story.