LW is the first Christian PM……. Liability ?

(20-05-2024, 02:05 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Then Christians got no rights to complain about the 9%GST LOL LOOK, it’s never 10% Those cell members will mix around and pressurise to give more and more They will koyok sell by saying so and so gave 50% and got a job that pays 100% more, true or not we never know But what is know is that they will never give example of someone who lost his job after religiously attend your church and keeps contributing
Explain how if it’s only 10% Con Hee can spend $200 million to invest in Suntec City And Bayi can spend $300 million to buy over Star Vista
Where the money come from? Can’t a church be a simple building ? Waterloo Kuanyin temple receive thousands of donations every day without anybody waiting at the temple gates to force you to donate And the money collected, a huge percentage goes to charity every year 
It is one of the biggest contributors to the President Challenge Show every year Every week there are hundreds of people who contribute thousands of bags of rice or beehoon or meesua or cans of drinks All these are given out to devotees every other day
NO NEED TO PAY FOR IT or YOU ARE PRESSURISE TO DONATE Because these are given to you on your way out

I converted to Christianity from Buddhism as a young NUS undergraduate. To date, no pastor or church leader has ever pressured me to donate. As for Kong Hee, he is a conman, but not all church leaders are conmen. In the same way, not all Buddhist monks drive Mercedes Benzes and not all Muslims are terrorists.

(20-05-2024, 12:56 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  God knows our needs. He only asks for 10% of our earnings as a tithe; we still have 90% to spend every month from the job or business that God has blessed us with.

You got it lah, bro! Big Grin We need money to buy food lah!

(20-05-2024, 01:19 PM)Hope Wrote:  How much do you give?
If you are retired, should you give from your cpf?

If you don't have income because you don't work, then how can you give 10% of your income leh? Thinking God didn't set the number, actually, but it was Abraham who gave a tenth of his crops as a gesture of gratitude. So the Israelites and Jews all followed that 10% Law lah! Big Grin

(20-05-2024, 02:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If you don't have income because you don't work, then how can you give 10% of your income leh? Thinking God didn't set the number, actually, but it was Abraham who gave a tenth of his crops as a gesture of gratitude. So the Israelites and Jews all followed that 10% Law lah! Big Grin

In other words they follow blindly

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 
[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

(20-05-2024, 02:50 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  In other words they follow blindly

They're very obedient lah! Big Grin I'm not so lah!

Tio brain washing 9696 lor....

God not so mighty and powerful still need people to give money 10% ....

(20-05-2024, 02:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If you don't have income because you don't work, then how can you give 10% of your income leh? Thinking God didn't set the number, actually, but it was Abraham who gave a tenth of his crops as a gesture of gratitude. So the Israelites and Jews all followed that 10% Law lah! Big Grin

How do he give it ?
Left it to rot ? 
How you know that he actually did?
Any evidence?

I was told that those students have to give 10% of the pocket money that they received from parents.  Rotfl
[+] 2 users Like Clyde's post

(20-05-2024, 03:58 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  How do he give it ?
Left it to rot ? 
How you know that he actually did?
Any evidence?

Evidence is in the Bible lah! Big Grin Read lah!

Christians are not stupid; they follow when a guideline makes sense. Nobody is forced to tithe or donate. Those who do rationalise that it is only 10% of their monthly income with the remaining 90% set aside for their own and their family's needs.

(20-05-2024, 04:04 PM)Clyde Wrote:  I was told that those students have to give 10% of the pocket money that they received from parents.  

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15). Personally, I have never experienced this in any church I attended, and I converted to Christianity from Buddhism when I was 20 years old. I am now reaching my mid-50s.

(20-05-2024, 03:56 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  God not so mighty and powerful still need people to give money 10% 

Your problem is ignorance. Tithing is a way to show that we trust God with our lives and our finances. Tithing is not for God's benefit. He doesn't need our money. Instead, tithing is meant for our benefit, because sacrificing a portion of our income reminds us to rely on God to meet our earthly needs.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(20-05-2024, 04:04 PM)Clyde Wrote:  I was told that those students have to give 10% of the pocket money that they received from parents.  Rotfl

You're right lah! Big Grin They're taught to give tithe since Sunday School days to help those in need lah! They're doing a good job for Jesus lah!

(20-05-2024, 06:21 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You're right lah! Big Grin They're taught to give tithe since Sunday School days to help those in need lah! They're doing a good job for Jesus lah!

Giving in church is not compulsory. It has to be voluntary. Any church leader who forces members to give is a false prophet. You should not be spreading untruths in this manner in an attempt to cause religious friction.

(20-05-2024, 06:25 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Giving in church is not compulsory. It has to be voluntary. Any church leader who forces members to give is a false prophet. You should not be spreading untruths in this manner in an attempt to cause religious friction.

You're right lah! Big Grin All done voluntarily lah! God loves a cheerful giver lah!

(20-05-2024, 06:19 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Your problem is ignorance. Tithing is a way to show that we trust God with our lives and our finances. Tithing is not for God's benefit. He doesn't need our money. Instead, tithing is meant for our benefit, because sacrificing a portion of our income reminds us to rely on God to meet our earthly needs.
Really is it then you must not only tithe 10% ..you must give everything including your assets and all your money...

The more you give the more you trust. Please gpgt and show us

(20-05-2024, 06:25 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Giving in church is not compulsory. It has to be voluntary. Any church leader who forces members to give is a false prophet. You should not be spreading untruths in this manner in an attempt to cause religious friction.

You say de giving is trusting mah you must give everything what you have so that God can blessed you more . 

Remember to give everything including a few dollars left in the bank also must give ok...

Method of brainwashing people

Meta AI: Brainwashing, also known as mind control, refers to the process of influencing an individual's thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors without their consent or knowledge. Here are some methods that have been used to brainwash people:

1. Repetition: Repeating ideas, phrases, or slogans to imprint them on the mind.

2. Isolation: Cutting individuals off from their support networks and outside information.

3. Sensory Overload: Exposing individuals to excessive noise, light, or other stimuli to disorient them.

4. Sleep Deprivation: Denying individuals adequate rest to weaken their mental defenses.

5. Fear and Intimidation: Using threats, punishment, or violence to control behavior.

6. Emotional Manipulation: Exploiting emotions like guilt, shame, or anxiety to influence thoughts and actions.

7. Gaslighting: Manipulating reality to make individuals question their own perceptions or sanity.

8. Information Control: Limiting access to information or presenting biased information to shape beliefs.

9. Group Pressure: Using peer pressure or social norms to conform individuals to a particular ideology.

10. Reward and Punishment: Offering rewards for desired behavior and punishment for undesired behavior.

11. Hypnosis: Inducing a trance-like state to increase suggestibility.

12. Mind Games: Using tactics like confusion, contradiction, and doublethink to disorient and manipulate individuals.

(20-05-2024, 06:57 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Really is it then you must not only tithe 10% ..you must give everything including your assets and all your money...
The more you give the more you trust. Please gpgt and show us

I am approaching my mid-50s so I do not believe in using Chatgpt. God has blessed me with a brain so I am content to use it. To the unbeliever, faith looks foolish, but to the believer, faith is the foundation of his belief in God. Faith is simply taking God's word as truth. It is an exercise in trust where we place our faith in a reliable person - not an unreliable one. You will still be disappointed in the end if you choose the latter. The primary difference between faith and foolishness is a matter of presumption. Foolishness is a conviction that goes beyond God. Likewise, stubbornness is what stupidity is like when we apply it to action. Stubbornness is actually perseverance that is misdirected i.e. we continue moving in the wrong direction. God did not tell us to give 100% of our income to the church. Unlike you, God is not foolish or unreasonable. The guideline is 10% with 90% for us to provide for our loved ones; that makes sense. On the contrary, what you uttered makes absolutely no sense. 

(20-05-2024, 07:03 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Method of brainwashing people
Meta AI: Brainwashing, also known as mind control, refers to the process of influencing an individual's thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors without their consent or knowledge. Here are some methods that have been used to brainwash people:
1. Repetition: Repeating ideas, phrases, or slogans to imprint them on the mind.
2. Isolation: Cutting individuals off from their support networks and outside information.
3. Sensory Overload: Exposing individuals to excessive noise, light, or other stimuli to disorient them.
4. Sleep Deprivation: Denying individuals adequate rest to weaken their mental defenses.
5. Fear and Intimidation: Using threats, punishment, or violence to control behavior.
6. Emotional Manipulation: Exploiting emotions like guilt, shame, or anxiety to influence thoughts and actions.
7. Gaslighting: Manipulating reality to make individuals question their own perceptions or sanity.
8. Information Control: Limiting access to information or presenting biased information to shape beliefs.
9. Group Pressure: Using peer pressure or social norms to conform individuals to a particular ideology.
10. Reward and Punishment: Offering rewards for desired behavior and punishment for undesired behavior.
11. Hypnosis: Inducing a trance-like state to increase suggestibility.
12. Mind Games: Using tactics like confusion, contradiction, and doublethink to disorient and manipulate individuals.

It sure sounds like the recruitment of terrorists. LOL!

(20-05-2024, 07:11 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It sure sounds like the recruitment of terrorists. LOL!

This what Christian like to do so are you saying Christian are terrorists?

(20-05-2024, 07:10 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I am approaching my mid-50s so I do not believe in using Chatgpt. God has blessed me with a brain so I am content to use it. To the unbeliever, faith looks foolish, but to the believer, faith is the foundation of his belief in God. Faith is simply taking God's word as truth. It is an exercise in trust where we place our faith in a reliable person - not an unreliable one. You will still be disappointed in the end if you choose the latter. The primary difference between faith and foolishness is a matter of presumption. Foolishness is a conviction that goes beyond God. Likewise, stubbornness is what stupidity is like when we apply it to action. Stubbornness is actually perseverance that is misdirected i.e. we continue moving in the wrong direction. God did not tell us to give 100% of our income to the church. Unlike you, God is not foolish or unreasonable. The guideline is 10% with 90% for us to provide for our loved ones; that makes sense. On the contrary, what you uttered makes absolutely no sense. 

Jiak until so old liao still believe in these fairy tales story religion aiyoh aiyoh...

Aiyoh aiyoh somemore reply with a wot.... cannot lose de

(20-05-2024, 07:10 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I am approaching my mid-50s so I do not believe in using Chatgpt. God has blessed me with a brain so I am content to use it. To the unbeliever, faith looks foolish, but to the believer, faith is the foundation of his belief in God. Faith is simply taking God's word as truth. It is an exercise in trust where we place our faith in a reliable person - not an unreliable one. You will still be disappointed in the end if you choose the latter. The primary difference between faith and foolishness is a matter of presumption. Foolishness is a conviction that goes beyond God. Likewise, stubbornness is what stupidity is like when we apply it to action. Stubbornness is actually perseverance that is misdirected i.e. we continue moving in the wrong direction. God did not tell us to give 100% of our income to the church. Unlike you, God is not foolish or unreasonable. The guideline is 10% with 90% for us to provide for our loved ones; that makes sense. On the contrary, what you uttered makes absolutely no sense. 

The way you talked, you actually doing a disservice to your GOD
The way you put, it sound like your god is suggesting bribery
In other words, give me 10%, or else I will not bless you
In business circle, if you are called Mr 10%, it means you are a person who takes bribes
Nothing you said, is about your capability and self reliance
You have no confidence to seek a job of your ability
To endure suffering, sacrifices to achieve your goal
So you need an imaginary outlet to help you attain your goal
So you prayed to get blessing for a job
In layman term, you are spineless person

It would be more believable, more sincere if from the onset, people like EDH harp on this line
That god did not ask for the 10%
It was his followers who devised this 10%
Then over the years, the followers of these followers keep asking for 10%
Until it’s like a religious disease
Because when each group of followers see how easy it is get other followers to tithe
And how easy it is to get rich
It will attract more followers to devise more and different ways to suck more gong followers to donate and get rich in this way
Of course the 10% is the base
The goal is suck out as much as possible from all who followed
So how the hell does god benefit from his followers accumulating these 10%s?
The fact this happens over 2000 years means either one of the two things
That god is weak and helpless to stop these followers who devise this 10% thingy
Or that all along, these followers just simply lie their way to get the following followers to pay the 10%

I'm afraid what you post is either a fallacious assumption or a deliberate misrepresentation of the truth. You're making a sweeping generalization about Christians worshipping money and enriching themselves at the expense of their tithe-paying brethren. Nothing could be further from the truth. Christians pay tithes in compliance with the teaching of the Scripture.

"And concerning the TITHE of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the TENTH shall be holy unto the Lord." Leviticus 27:32. In my church - Church of S'pore -  no offering bags are passed around the congregation during a service. Tithing is done on a voluntary basis using its electronic payment system. There's also an offering box at the front entrance where tithes and other monetary offerings can be dropped into it in an envelope.

The Bible in Malachi 3:10 says to bring the tithes into the storehouse. Unfortunately, some just make excuses because they don't believe in that tithe-paying business or don't want to render the tithe to God. They're missing out in the blessing of the tithe because this is the only scripture where God ever mentioned we could prove Him on it.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

The only areas in which God ever said to prove Him are tithes, offerings and giving. It's, to all intents and purposes, inviting believers to open their wallets and give their tithes and He will bless them financially and materially. There are pitfalls, though, of giving of their finances, but it's not about their money going into someone's pocket.
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

Christian???

[Image: IMG-20240522-071317-359.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071308-783.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071344-061.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071348-882.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071359-431.jpg]

Christian???

[Image: IMG-20240522-071359-431.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071512-038.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071545-521.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240522-071519-188.jpg]