Lee Hsien Yang ordered to pay damages to Shanmugam, Vivian for defaming them

Mr Lee Hsien Yang has been ordered to pay damages to ministers K. Shanmugam and Vivian Balakrishnan for defaming them in Facebook comments about their rental of state bungalows in Ridout Road.

https://str.sg/ixjQ
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Guess will be in millions dollars....for two of them. .
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

I bet Mr Lee would be thinking “赔他一根毛”
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

What goes around comes around!

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(27-11-2023, 09:31 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Guess will be in millions dollars....for two of them. .

Those two claim the money from court case will go " charity "....quite long time ago I remember they mention about how to deal with the money.
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(27-11-2023, 10:49 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Lee HY can tell them to fûck off!

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post

Do you think late LKY will remain silent?

Maybe he will possibly send fire and lightning
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

https://tinyurl.com/4sb8dff6
[+] 1 user Likes Sickwarfare's post

Don't pay anything..
[+] 2 users Like Scythian's post

Will LHY face the same fate?

"On 13 February 2017, Kim Jong-nam, the older half-brother of the incumbent leader of North Korea Kim Jong Un, was assassinated at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia. He had been living abroad since his exile from North Korea in 2003."

LHY has made a serious allegation.
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-28-at-05-03-48-Lee-Hs...ishnan.png]
LHY is to pay court fees at this moment of time

[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-28-at-05-14-00-Lee-Hs...ishnan.png]
an injunction is obtained against him for his allegations
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

It is good to always use the word allegedly in matter of discourse.

If he pay than can come back to Singapore to see his sister and father grave....... he should have the money to pay.
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

pay is an admission of guilt
He alledgely say something
might be for the public good.

the key word is in public unlike u all signed in to hear my s h i t s.
courts order him to pay lawyers' fee aand other misc.

one mor when u ask to attend u must attend or suffer contempt of court.

In the first place what did he say that is defamatory?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(28-11-2023, 06:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In the first place what did he say that is defamatory?

That's how the law and those powerful interpretation of his statement.

If dun pay and tell them to F...k off how ah?      Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

not surprised.
[+] 2 users Like K88 shu shu's post

If got balls, should settle such cases on neutral ground.

[+] 1 user Likes whylah's post

(27-11-2023, 09:27 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Mr Lee Hsien Yang has been ordered to pay damages to ministers K. Shanmugam and Vivian Balakrishnan for defaming them in Facebook comments about their rental of state bungalows in Ridout Road.
https://str.sg/ixjQ

Don't let him go until every cent is paid lah! Big Grin Support them lah!

61% voted for such gangster behaviour lah ie 61% likes to be “tortured “ and fined lah
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

Damages at best the expensive legal fees incurred.

never never get angry in battle
lawyar judge are all servants of the court
u get a servant to work for u

dat why some get stroke for they use their hearts.

u say IAM a frog so I become a frog.
don't work dat way

(28-11-2023, 08:06 AM)Stoki Wrote:  61% voted for such gangster behaviour lah ie 61% likes to be “tortured “ and fined lah

76% kong kum peepur voted for a part time president  Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

Imho. The seating PM has no moral right to talk about family unity or family harmony at all Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(27-11-2023, 10:47 PM)Gstalk Wrote:            What goes around comes around!       

The Buddhists call it Karma, or Cause and Effect.  In Singapore, a lot of peepur like to say "Everything happens for a reason" as a nicer way of putting what you said above, though it actually has a wider meaning.

I know you are referring to LKY suing JBJ for defamation, and now his son is sued for the same thing.

I would not link the two because I believe that each of us is accountable for our own actions.  If a ball is thrown at a wall, it bounces back.  It should not be another ball that is stationary bouncing back. I am talking to you in your language. As a Christian, I believe that each one of us is accountable to God in our own capacity, and we do not have to answer for our father or grandfather, or any ancestor up 13 generations.

If you think LKY did wrong to sue JBJ, then he will meet his KARMA.  But was he wrong?  Why should he not sue JBJ to clear his name when he was defamed?  To keep quiet would be an admission of guilt right.

Singapore's courts/judiciary only has a bad reputation among the 39% and that's only when it suits them to say it is "pliant".  I would bet on Observer daughter's abalone, if you are cheated by a company in the tens of thousands of dollars, you will run to a lawyer to sue the company in a...............................Singapore court.  Why?  Singapore's judges cannot be trusted ma.  Why sue there?  Sue in the UK lar, stupid!  Rolleyes

LHY had been found guilty by an independent judiciary.  His own case has nothing to do with his father.  No need to stretch the imagination with this KARMA nonsense.  Tongue

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post