M'sia is an 'international laughing stock' for proposing to revive HSR: Lim Guan Eng

HSR will replace the regional air travel significantly due to the rising cost of air travel.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

Ish true. Without stopping at sg as a financial hub it is not financially viable.

For one, we money launder more than Msia does Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(01-12-2021, 02:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I though they are the one who flip and cancel.
Forcing the opposition who is in power now to revive this important project.

Dr Mahathir was the opposition when Najib who spearheaded the HSR was the PM.

But you talked as though Dr Mahathir was the incumbent.

Anyway the flip flops happened because there was no succession planning. So each time one party wins, policies get reversed or abandoned.

And the absence of succession planning in your country is caused by Dr Mahathir himself.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(01-12-2021, 02:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  On further check Lim only delay.  The next govt decided to cancel and pay compensation.
Then the next govt now wants to revive.

PH only delayed, PN recommended paying compensation

Lim highlighted that the Pakatan Harapan government had only "delayed the project" in 2018 to review the "exorbitant pricing and the cost structure" by the BN government.
However, he said that it was Muhyiddin Yassin's government that was willing to pay the compensation and replace it with KL-Johor Bahru HSR.
"The HSR project is not financially viable and logistically impractical if its rail line stops in Johor Bahru and does not pass through Singapore," Lim said in the statement.

How is your hometown Muar nodaways? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(08-11-2023, 07:57 AM)theold Wrote:  HSR will replace the regional air travel significantly due to the rising cost of air travel.

Malaysia's airlines aren't running up huge profits. It or rather they have to be cheap and affordable for their own people but that's not viable in the medium to long term.

You think about it. Who uses their domestic flight to fly from one city to another? Their own peepur right. How many are Singaporeans? That's a negligible number! 

And despite the already low prices, most Malaysians consider it more affordable to drive or take the long distance buses.

How is the HSR going to breakeven without passengers from Singapore? If you terminate in Johor and make it such a hassle for passengers to have to get off the train and transfer to another mode of transport to travel between Johor and Singapore, then the journey is no longer 90 minutes as touted.

Lucky MY cancelled the HSR, else ringgit will be 1:4 now

(08-11-2023, 07:57 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  My mother offers free zhut zhut on HSR. Please support!  Tongue

(08-11-2023, 08:25 AM)mikotan Wrote:  Lucky MY cancelled the HSR, else ringgit will be 1:4 now

Building it is only the beginning of troubles for us. The HSR is not merely a one off capital expenditure but an ongoing running expense for eternity till it's scrapped.

The allocation of revenue and running expenses, and the expenditure on upkeep and maintenance have a lot of devils in the details.

I don't trust the accounting data from Malaysia's side when theit leadership has a reputable for taking 10%... or some such percentage depending on who's the PM.

Today it's Anwar but it's not going to be him forever. He can be voted out anytime and be replaced by a crook.

I foresee lots of disputes. I don't support the HSR idea.

(01-12-2021, 02:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  On further check Lim only delay.  The next govt decided to cancel and pay compensation.
Then the next govt now wants to revive.
Son il main con. Thumbs_up
PH only delayed, PN recommended paying compensation

Lim highlighted that the Pakatan Harapan government had only "delayed the project" in 2018 to review the "exorbitant pricing and the cost structure" by the BN government.
However, he said that it was Muhyiddin Yassin's government that was willing to pay the compensation and replace it with KL-Johor Bahru HSR.
"The HSR project is not financially viable and logistically impractical if its rail line stops in Johor Bahru and does not pass through Singapore," Lim said in the statement.

(08-11-2023, 08:25 AM)Observer Wrote:  I support! My mother gives zhut zhut service
I support my mother! 

M'sia requested for RFI on August 23. They claimed the response was overwhelming with about 30 companies applying for the RFI document. These companies have requested for extension of time and the closing date for the RFI has been extended to January 15 2024.

https://www.railwaygazette.com/high-spee...94.article

(01-12-2021, 02:51 PM)starbugs Wrote:  In out in out in out. They must feel very shiok doing this, screwing the SG govt.

Screwing?
Singapore just reply see what they wanted. That's all.

No screw detected  Big Grin

(10-04-2023, 12:14 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Spore no need to commit anything for now, wait for Msia side complete HSR then reassess the situation to decide if we should let them extend the HSR to Spore.

Good suggestion. 
Let them settle down first. Similar to current train system.

(08-11-2023, 08:24 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Malaysia's airlines aren't running up huge profits. It or rather they have to be cheap and affordable for their own people but that's not viable in the medium to long term.

You think about it. Who uses their domestic flight to fly from one city to another? Their own peepur right. How many are Singaporeans? That's a negligible number! 

And despite the already low prices, most Malaysians consider it more affordable to drive or take the long distance buses.

How is the HSR going to breakeven without passengers from Singapore? If you terminate in Johor and make it such a hassle for passengers to have to get off the train and transfer to another mode of transport to travel between Johor and Singapore, then the journey is no longer 90 minutes as touted.

Yes you hit the nail. 
Almost all Malaysian are car owner. Who need a train to travel within Malaysia? 

The hundred thousands of Causeway way commuters are Malaysian or Ex Malaysian, going back to JB. Working in Singapore. Who need the HSR? 

The main objective of HSR for Malaysian politicians, is to build up the stations vicinity infrastructure. Generating GDP. 

Not really for transportation needs.

Therefore Singapore's participation in Malaysia HSR is not the main concern of the project. Other than being a investment point of view, for Foreign Investors interest. 

To Singapore, we are just a last station, similarly to current existing train system. Not much expectation from Malaysia's HSR. Probably more towards enhancing diplomacy with our neighbours. If it is not too costly for our tiny island nation.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(01-12-2021, 04:48 PM)puntfast2 Wrote:  Dr M is the culprit.
I do not think Singapore should open any possibility on this again.
What if their government change again next election, this time Dr N said cancel?
This is a Joke!
That's why I think Najib is still the best and consistent!
Malaysia need Najib to revive again.
Money is king
More investors, more money, more jobs 
and infrastructure improved.
All happy.
[+] 1 user Likes Oasis's post

(01-12-2021, 07:26 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  This pariah, Lim GE, is himself an international laughing stock when he carried Mahathir balls on his head and happily canceled the HSR together. A real piece of shxt....... Rolleyes
Why didn't he oppose loud when he was still in parliament?
He could easily walk out parliament to show protest.

(08-11-2023, 09:26 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes you hit the nail. 
Almost all Malaysian are car owner. Who need a train to travel within Malaysia? 

The hundred thousands of Causeway way commuters are Malaysian or Ex Malaysian, going back to JB. Working in Singapore. Who need the HSR? 

The main objective of HSR for Malaysian politicians, is to build up the stations vicinity infrastructure. Generating GDP. 

Not really for transportation needs.

Therefore Singapore's participation in Malaysia HSR is not the main concern of the project. Other than being a investment point of view, for Foreign Investors interest. 

To Singapore, we are just a last station, similarly to current existing train system. Not much expectation from Malaysia's HSR. Probably more towards enhancing diplomacy with our neighbours. If it is not too costly for our tiny island nation.

They hope to get a slice of the business we have here by making the journey from Singapore to KL faster. The stops in between are a waste of money to build and a waste of everybody's time to wait for probably no passengers or just a handful or so.

Of course there's also the ego factor, the same reason for building the Petronas Twin Towers. When the country is broke and its currency is losing value, it does not stand to reason to spend on such lofty projects instead of on alleviating poverty. 

I don't wish to sound arrogant or patronizing but just look at KL. It's the capital of the country but looks no better than a tier 3 city in China. Building a HSR is like living in a house with old broken floor tiles, walls which are stained with mold and dirt, toilet bowls which are chipped while parking a Lamborghini or Maserati downstairs to show off.  Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(08-11-2023, 07:57 AM)theold Wrote:  HSR will replace the regional air travel significantly due to the rising cost of air travel.

Changi-KLIA daily flights is one of the most profitable route for MAS....Naturally certain vested party in Bolehland will die die protect their Golden Goose... Big Grin

This was clearly reflected in a 2018 story after Dr M unilaterally scrap the HSR project soon after winning the election

The HSR link, which had been slated to open in the middle of next decade, would likely have led to at least a 50% drop in Kuala Lumpur-Singapore air traffic. This is the equivalent of approximately 4% of total traffic at both Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Singapore Changi – more than 2 million annual passengers.

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/r...eat-424321

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(10-04-2023, 03:14 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Dr M was the PM.

Lim GE was the Finance Minister.

https://www.nst.com.my/amp/news/nation/2...-yet-nsttv

Malaysia does not yet need a high-speed train service, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today.

Many know Dr M love cars and tall buildings....He got both while in power... What did Bolehlanders got out from his 2 pet projects in the end ? : 

Today, Malaysian's closest "cousin" is WHoosh~ing around in Java with Made-in-China HSR system...and more plans to expand the system.

I think the comparison of Gov between M'sia and Indonesia is beyond laughing matter liao  D

[Image: _131304662_gettyimages-1673853708.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

The decision to cancel the HSR may actually be right

Why am I saying this?

The ringgit is falling due to high debts incurred bg Malaysian govt. The HSR will just make it worse.

Find another time when country's finances improve to fund this.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.