Many Singaporean are very dumb

(22-04-2024, 05:21 PM)Talent Wrote:  Alot in 40s to 60s no savings
Living off parents and in their house
Most loiter around

Even those with degree are just as dumb 

Many not digitally savvy

At least I am capable of picking up myself almost anything if I want to and need to though I am lazy to learn

I have to teach them step by step 
They totally clueless in handling handphone
Manage and tidy handphone data

Sth I look over their phone
I see can faint 

No wonder many prefer to employ FT

Perhaps you need to expand / change your social circle?

Seriously if the people surrounding you are like what you said, then something's not quite right.

(23-04-2024, 11:18 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Perhaps you need to expand / change your social circle? Seriously if the people surrounding you are like what you said, then something's not quite right.

The problem probably lies with Talent who needs to surround himself with less competent people in order to shore up his own lack of self-esteem. Remember that in the land of the blind, the 1-eyed man is king.

(23-04-2024, 11:26 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The problem probably lies with Talent who needs to surround himself with less competent people in order to shore up his own lack of self-esteem. Remember that in the land of the blind, the 1-eyed man is king.

Er no. People who think like that are generally quite limited in capabilities. This sort of mentality might work in a small or low level setting, but it would automatically impose a ceiling on one's achievements as well.

If you are surrounded by people like that, perhaps you need to take stock and try to find some other avenues to expand your professional / private network. It's not very healthy to hang around, very soon you either get very jaded / dejected / helpless and/or join the crowd since you can't beat them. You will end up getting stuck at the bottom rung of the ladder eventually.

(23-04-2024, 11:34 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Er no. People who think like that are generally quite limited in capabilities. This sort of mentality might work in a small or low level setting, but it would automatically impose a ceiling on one's achievements as well.If you are surrounded by people like that, perhaps you need to take stock and try to find some other avenues to expand your professional / private network. It's not very healthy to hang around, very soon you either get very jaded / dejected / helpless and/or join the crowd since you can't beat them. You will end up getting stuck at the bottom rung of the ladder eventually.

The CEO at my previous company marginalised competent senior management whom he viewed as threats to his position, promoted incompetent cronies and suppressed any rising stars in the organization. He realised that the levelling down of talent would be his best bet to stay at the top over there. 

(23-04-2024, 11:10 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If Singlish continues to be thoughtlessly acquired, it will be saved in the long term memory of our fellow S'poreans and SG Talkers as an acceptable form of English. Our ability to speak Standard English suffers when we spend too much time interacting with others who speak/write a sub-standard form of the language, since we naturally tend to adopt the speech/writing that is heard/seen most of the time around us.

This is rubbish. You look at china, kimchi and sushi first before drawing that conclusion

(23-04-2024, 11:38 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The CEO at my previous company marginalised competent senior management whom he viewed as threats to his position, promoted incompetent cronies and suppressed any rising stars in the organization. He realised that the levelling down of talent would be his best bet to stay at the top over there. 

Then move on, what would be the point in working for someone like this?

And I might be getting ahead of myself, this "CEO" is probably not really a head of a large organization right? Otherwise chances are you won't get so much first hand intimate knowledge of him in the first place. If on the other hand you work in a large organization and all the info you have so far on the CEO is based on second or third hand knowledge, i.e. you are not one of the Exco senior management, then you should be careful with making broad conclusions like that.

I have seen many cases of junior management and below people getting a warp picture of what happens at the top because information gets twisted every time it gets filtered one level down.

Regardless of what it might be, it's probably a good time for you to pursue other opportunities. If what you say is true then your immediate professional circle certainly is not up to scratch and hanging around such bottom rung people will only worsen your situation.

(23-04-2024, 11:59 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Then move on, what would be the point in working for someone like this? And I might be getting ahead of myself, this "CEO" is probably not really a head of a large organization right? Otherwise chances are you won't get so much first hand intimate knowledge of him in the first place. If on the other hand you work in a large organization and all the info you have so far on the CEO is based on second or third hand knowledge, i.e. you are not one of the Exco senior management, then you should be careful with making broad conclusions like that.I have seen many cases of junior management and below people getting a warp picture of what happens at the top because information gets twisted every time it gets filtered one level down.Regardless of what it might be, it's probably a good time for you to pursue other opportunities. If what you say is true then your immediate professional circle certainly is not up to scratch and hanging around such bottom rung people will only worsen your situation.

I did mention that this CEO was in my previous publicly listed company so I have long moved on. As a member of the senior management at that time, and one of the marginalised, I decided to move onto greener pastures as I was in my mid-40s. I didn't want to find myself too old to shift by hanging around. 

(23-04-2024, 11:45 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  This is rubbish. You look at china, kimchi and sushi first before drawing that conclusion

You will always remain where you are if you rubbish advice that will help you to upgrade because you lack the confidence to be able to achieve this improvement in yourself. 

(23-04-2024, 11:10 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If Singlish continues to be thoughtlessly acquired, it will be saved in the long term memory of our fellow S'poreans and SG Talkers as an acceptable form of English. Our ability to speak Standard English suffers when we spend too much time interacting with others who speak/write a sub-standard form of the language, since we naturally tend to adopt the speech/writing that is heard/seen most of the time around us.

I have the ability to code switch Smile

If you talk atas English to the rich but crass ah bengs and lians, they will quickly switch you off Laughing

So must also learn to eat mala hotpot, spit and swear like ah tiongs and shake head and act like a snake with ahnehs Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

That's why pap love to scam singkies.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(23-04-2024, 12:20 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I have the ability to code switch If you talk atas English to the rich but crass ah bengs and lians, they will quickly switch you off 

Proponents of Singlish view it as unique to S'pore and an expression of our multicultural identity. However, the reality is that most S'poreans are unable to code switch effortlessly between Singlish and grammatically correct English. You and I are in the minority who are able to adapt to the audience whom we are engaging with. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(23-04-2024, 12:26 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Proponents of Singlish view it as unique to S'pore and an expression of our multicultural identity. However, the reality is that most S'poreans are unable to code switch effortlessly between Singlish and grammatically correct English. You and I are in the minority who are able to adapt to the audience whom we are engaging with. 

Jin satki  Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(23-04-2024, 12:22 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  That's why pap love to scam singkies.

At the last GE, 60% were successfully scammed, and at the last EP, 70% were similarly defrauded.

(23-04-2024, 12:17 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  You will always remain where you are if you rubbish advice that will help you to upgrade because you lack the confidence to be able to achieve this improvement in yourself. 

Unlike you, I definitely won't upgrade because ppl look down on me lol

(23-04-2024, 12:30 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Unlike you, I definitely won't upgrade because ppl look down on me lol

Please stop putting words into my mouth. You won't be able to upgrade because you cannot afford to. 

(23-04-2024, 12:38 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Please stop putting words into my mouth. You won't be able to upgrade because you cannot afford to. 

No use lah. Even if you continue to look down on me I'll still won't upgrade lol

(23-04-2024, 12:48 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  No use lah. Even if you continue to look down on me I'll still won't upgrade lol

All this while, I was under the impression that we have been engaging in good humoured banter. Who takes forum discussions like this seriously? LOL!

Only our gov and Singapore culture think that speaking writing good English is key to high post

My ex HK boss cannot speak and write good English
But he is highly valued by co
Hold executive EO post

Many good in English but no brain no use

(23-04-2024, 02:11 PM)Talent Wrote:  Only our gov and Singapore culture think that speaking writing good English is key to high post  My ex HK boss cannot speak and write good English But he is highly valued by co Hold executive EO post Many good in English but no brain no use

Although Malay is the national language of S'pore, English is the de facto main language here, and the medium of instruction in schools except for Mother Tongue. English is also the language of business in this country, so if one cannot speak or write excellent English, he/she cannot rise up the corporate ladder. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

i am singaporean
i am very dumb
i dont know how to use paylah or pay dunno wat,,,got many type
now adays
when u buy somthing
order a plumbling or get a new door
they will watsappp u
and ask u to pay using paylah or so,mething FIRST

(22-04-2024, 05:21 PM)Talent Wrote:  Alot in 40s to 60s no savings
Living off parents and in their house
Most loiter around

Even those with degree are just as dumb 

Many not digitally savvy

At least I am capable of picking up myself almost anything if I want to and need to though I am lazy to learn

I have to teach them step by step 
They totally clueless in handling handphone
Manage and tidy handphone data

Sth I look over their phone
I see can faint 

No wonder many prefer to employ FT

I believe you're a Singaporean so you're also dumb lah! Big Grin I can talk not dumb lah!