Panasonic retrenches 700 in S'pore, to shut some manufacturing operations

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/j...-but-rd-to

Ok la time to retire and get big retrenchment benefit

wow my Uncle is correct after all. He told me before surely got retrenchment coming just matter of times.
He told me as going to year end or next year Jan, after CNY.

(23-09-2021, 04:28 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Ok la time to retire and get big retrenchment benefit

Surely those high post one got. Lower ones don't have much.

If I remembered correctly, Panasonic is at Bedok?
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Too expensive to operate here caused by PAP-

1. Land lease

2, Building Premiums

3. FWs Levy between $300 to $700 per mth per headcount

4. Locals CPF, mostly Engineers which is $14,400 per annum per local

5. Quota on FWs but reserving these jobs when we don't want to be factory workers

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

700 is quite a lot for SG.
I guess mostly are Malaysians and Locals.

They surely need to retain some is for service side like repair , maintenance tech beside R&D department.

A senior politician once said no retrenchment then worry, correct or not?
[+] 1 user Likes NoActionTalkOnly's post

Around half of these workers are Singaporean, while another 13 per cent are permanent residents.

Mr Khoo Chew Thong, adviser for R&D and quality administration at PAPRDSG, told The Straits Times that about 60 per cent of staff who are laid off are aged 50 or older, and another 30 per cent are between 30 and 50 years old.

One-to-one sessions will be held with affected employees in the upcoming weeks, he added.

While 700 staff are being retrenched, PAPRDSG will work with other companies in the Panasonic group in Singapore to explore possible re-employment, Mr Khoo said.

(23-09-2021, 04:41 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  A senior politician once said no retrenchment then worry, correct or not?

that fellow now enjoy as mentor. Son cases like " close door settle " ?? no update.

(23-09-2021, 04:41 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Around half of these workers are Singaporean, while another 13 per cent are permanent residents.

Mr Khoo Chew Thong, adviser for R&D and quality administration at PAPRDSG, told The Straits Times that about 60 per cent of staff who are laid off are aged 50 or older, and another 30 per cent are between 30 and 50 years old.

One-to-one sessions will be held with affected employees in the upcoming weeks, he added.

While 700 staff are being retrenched, PAPRDSG will work with other companies in the Panasonic group in Singapore to explore possible re-employment, Mr Khoo said.

I don't believe so call re employ.

This is why they put it " explore possible to re employment "

Guess work as civil servant is the best in SG , a lot 50 year old civil servants not just pay is good , still can work till 70 at most before official retire. Work life balance as usual.

Business is about profit and loss so if cannot do so no choice mah?

(23-09-2021, 04:41 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  700 is quite a lot for SG.
I guess mostly are Malaysians and Locals.

They surely need to retain some is for service side like repair , maintenance tech beside R&D department.

News said it is the Refrig line . .. which is done in Malaysia for the past 20 years, too.

PAP said FTs create good jobs, then let Tan SL come out and boast to tell us that the 350 citizens found a better paid job  in 6 mths time.

Otherwise, he is lying about the benefits of FTAs.

Safe distance and clear tray ambassador is a promotion isn't it?

(23-09-2021, 04:55 PM)Ola Wrote:  News said it is the Refrig line . .. which is done in Malaysia for the past 20 years, too.

PAP said FTs create good jobs, then let Tan SL come out and boast to tell us that the 350 citizens found a better paid job  in 6 mths time.

Lol, no way Politicians are honest. Those believe their words is like , people tell you go jump down you also follow like that.
Is not they not telling the truths, is only like 30 percents are true whereas 70percent are fake
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

The Bedok South factory location is near to bedok central. If sell for residential development, should be able to fetch a good price.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(23-09-2021, 05:44 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  The Bedok South factory location is near to bedok central. If sell for residential development, should be able to fetch a good price.

That is Bedok Central, a prime area.

If only 1 factory out of the 3 factories there, cannot do much.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(23-09-2021, 04:38 PM)Ola Wrote:  Too expensive to operate here caused by PAP-

1. Land lease

2, Building Premiums

3. FWs Levy between $300 to $700 per mth per headcount

4. Locals CPF,  mostly Engineers which is $14,400 per annum per local

5. Quota on FWs but reserving these jobs when we don't want to be factory workers
Can employ Bangla bo?.

(23-09-2021, 04:41 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  A senior politician once said no retrenchment then worry, correct or not?

I know who you are referring to.

(23-09-2021, 04:55 PM)Ola Wrote:  News said it is the Refrig line . .. which is done in Malaysia for the past 20 years, too.

S$300 - S$700 per head on fw...700. crying

(23-09-2021, 06:12 PM)debono Wrote:  I know who you are referring to.
Can re-invent mah. Now a day, corona virus...need oxygen

This Panasonic what thing they manufacture ? TV ; electronic and refrigerator and fans.? Korean electronic item cheaper ?

What is the point of bragging that FTAs create good jobs and bringing in $17 Billion investments when it has nothing to do with us.

With this Panasonics case, does that Malaysian man who always brag that he is PSLE Genius understand the whole picture now??

[Image: CCS-17-B-FA-investments-2020.png]

(23-09-2021, 04:28 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Ok la time to retire and get big retrenchment benefit

Many have a family to feed, loans to service, and bills to pay ... they are not you retired with nothing to do.
Further lockdown ... many households will die

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(23-09-2021, 06:48 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Many have a family to feed, loans to service, and bills to pay ... they are not you retired with nothing to do.
Further lockdown ... many households will die

Useless PAP.

Only look front but never defend the back. At the end, their whole Foreigners Policy, Business model is like that- 

[Image: FTAs.png]

(23-09-2021, 06:18 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  This Panasonic what thing they manufacture ? TV ; electronic and refrigerator and fans.? Korean electronic item cheaper ?

Any idea what thing Panasonic produce ?

All are happy this company shift back to Malaysia and Thailand ?

(23-09-2021, 06:12 PM)debono Wrote:  I know who you are referring to.

Businesses is about profit and loss so if cannot do so then no choice?

(23-09-2021, 07:05 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Any idea what thing Panasonic produce ?

Found this 2017 video:

Their Malaysia plant:

(23-09-2021, 04:51 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  that fellow now enjoy as mentor. Son cases like " close door settle " ?? no update.

Businesses is about profit and loss so if cannot do so then no choice?