Scripture readings for today

(03-05-2024, 04:33 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I also cannot find in the Bible that says Trinity yet you believe it is in there somewhere.

If you believe Jesus is God in the flesh then it does not make any difference if the word trinity is in the bible....

If Jesus is just your normal man...then he is prone to sins..just like muh! You believe that Jesus is muh best mate?

Jesus never mention muh at all! You call Jesus your bro, muh calls him his best mate...can you be respectful! Big Grin

Jesus is not your bro....stop angkat him! Big Grin

(03-05-2024, 04:42 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If you believe Jesus is God in the flesh then it does not make any difference if the word trinity is in the bible....

If Jesus is just your normal man...then he is prone to sins..just like muh!

I was just exposing your double standard again.

(03-05-2024, 04:30 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I cannot find in the bible that says he is a Muslim!
It didn't says specifically that he is a Muslim!

You have to check with your authors.
Muslim means submitting to one True God.

(03-05-2024, 04:45 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I was just exposing your double standard again.

I stand by my statement....it is true Jesus did not claim to be a Muslim.
The word trinity does not need to appear in the bible...the fact is the Father, the son and the Holy Spirit is trinity!

(03-05-2024, 04:54 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I stand by my statement....it is true Jesus did not claim to be a Muslim.
The word trinity does not need to appear in the bible...the fact is the Father, the son and the Holy Spirit is trinity!

What we mean by Muslim is not necessarily a follower of the Muslim faith today. The meaning of the term “Muslim” is one who submits to God. As a submitter to God, Jesus can be seen even in the gospels to be submitting in the Garden of Gethsemane. He fell on his face and prayed according to Matthew chapter 26, verse 39.

(03-05-2024, 04:54 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I stand by my statement....it is true Jesus did not claim to be a Muslim.

Jesus claims to submit to the will of the almighty God and in our paradigm, that makes him a Muslim.

(03-05-2024, 04:48 PM)Hope Wrote:  You have to check with your authors.
Muslim means submitting to one True God.

Nonsense.! No proof don anyhow talk..I don call you a liar! Big Grin
He is a jew lah..never a muslim Big Grin

Jesus is the living God of Christianity alone. ....Christianity has a Jewish Savior. It was founded by Jews, its first converts were Jewish!,,, its apostles were Jews, and most, if not all, the New Testament was written by Jews.!!!Jesus is not a Muslim....he never was or will be......  Islam's god is not the God of the Bible. 

The quran just want to angkat with Jesus who lived 600yrs earlier than Islam!

(03-05-2024, 05:00 PM)Hope Wrote:  What we mean by Muslim is not necessarily a follower of the Muslim faith today. The meaning of the term “Muslim” is one who submits to God. As a submitter to God, Jesus can be seen even in the gospels to be submitting in the Garden of Gethsemane. He fell on his face and prayed according to Matthew chapter 26, verse 39.

Some Buddhists also submit to one God....Guan yin ma! Big Grin Are they Muslim?

(03-05-2024, 05:03 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus claims to submit to the will of the almighty God and in our paradigm, that makes him a Muslim.

Nah...you said "claim" I also can claim muh is Christian since muh claims Jesus is his best mate! He needs Jesus to atone for his sins...that's  for sure tiok boh!

(03-05-2024, 05:12 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Nah...you said "claim" I also can claim muh is Christian since muh claims Jesus is his best mate! He needs Jesus to atone for his sins...that's  for sure tiok boh!

Jesus said it himself, as recorded in the Gospels, that he submits to the will of God.

Claiming Jesus is one's best friend doesn't make one in need of Jesus to atone for one's sins. I'm not sure how you can make that mental leap.

(03-05-2024, 05:07 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Some Buddhists also submit to one God....Guan yin ma! Big Grin Are they Muslim?

If they or you can show me how they submit to the will of Guan Yin, then yes, they submit to the will of Guan Yin. 

If they believe Guan Yin is the one almighty God, the creator of the universe, then yes, that makes them a Muslim in our paradigm.

(03-05-2024, 05:00 PM)Hope Wrote:  What we mean by Muslim is not necessarily a follower of the Muslim faith today. The meaning of the term “Muslim” is one who submits to God. As a submitter to God, Jesus can be seen even in the gospels to be submitting in the Garden of Gethsemane. He fell on his face and prayed according to Matthew chapter 26, verse 39.

Quote:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
If Jesus is Muslim by this definition, then Islam also admits that Jesus did indeed die on the cross as that was the Will of God. If he had escaped death, then it would not have been submitting to God's Will all along which was for Him to redeem mankind from the wages of sin with his own life.
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(03-05-2024, 05:16 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus said it himself, as recorded in the Gospels, that he submits to the will of God.

Claiming Jesus is one's best friend doesn't make one in need of Jesus to atone for one's sins. I'm not sure how you can make that mental leap.

He humbled himself lah...Before Abraham was, I am." And, "I and the Father are one," and, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father."

If muh so claim to be his best mate...he better seek repentance and forgiveness from him! Big Grin Jesus did not mention in his bible that another bro of his will come 600yrs later and angkat him hor!

If you claim to be Jesus's bro...then I must call you uncle liao!

(03-05-2024, 05:24 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  If Jesus is Muslim by this definition, then Islam also admits that Jesus did indeed die on the cross as that was the Will of God. If he had escaped death, then it would not have been submitting to God's Will all along which was for Him to redeem mankind from the wages of sin with his own life.

That statement is based on your belief. It doesn't hold true for us because we don't share your belief.

If we remove your belief from the equation, we are left with one question. What was the will of God? To hear Jesus's plea and come to his rescue? Or turn a deaf ear to the plea? 

I understand you believe it is the latter.

(03-05-2024, 05:33 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  He humbled himself lah...Before Abraham was, I am." And, "I and the Father are one," and, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father."

The point is, he submits to the will of the almighty God. In our paradigm, that makes him a Muslim.

(03-05-2024, 05:19 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  If they or you can show me how they submit to the will of Guan Yin, then yes, they submit to the will of Guan Yin. 

If they believe Guan Yin is the one almighty God, the creator of the universe, then yes, that makes them a Muslim in our paradigm.

Why don have,..,some only pray to guan yin and no other dieties! If you tell them they are Muslim and need to potong....then you will incur their wraths Big Grin

(03-05-2024, 05:33 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If muh so claim to be his best mate...he better seek repentance and forgiveness from him! Big Grin Jesus did not mention in his bible that another bro of his will come 600yrs later and angkat him hor!

Jesus did not mention that another would come a couple of decades later and change all his teachings in his name, yet you believe that is exactly what happened.

(03-05-2024, 05:34 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The point is, he submits to the will of the almighty God. In our paradigm, that makes him a Muslim.

Nope....he didn't pray 50 times or 5 times!

(03-05-2024, 05:38 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus did not mention that another would come a couple of decades later and change all his teachings in his name, yet you believe that is exactly what happened.

Nope...Paul was inspired by God! If he did change, God will not allowed it to flourish!

(03-05-2024, 05:06 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Nonsense.! No proof don anyhow talk..I don call you a liar! Big Grin
He is a jew lah..never a muslim Big Grin

Jesus is the living God of Christianity alone. ....Christianity has a Jewish Savior. It was founded by Jews, its first converts were Jewish!,,, its apostles were Jews, and most, if not all, the New Testament was written by Jews.!!!Jesus is not a Muslim....he never was or will be......  Islam's god is not the God of the Bible. 

The quran just want to angkat with Jesus who lived 600yrs earlier than Islam!

Jew is who follows monotheistic religion so as followers of Islam.
If Jesus was a Jew he was monotheistic. How can a Monotheistic Jew be a saviour of Christianity which was created by European?

You have problem accepting Muhammad as he came 600 years after Jesus. You have no problem accepting Abraham,David,Solomon, Moses who came few centuries before Jesus?

(03-05-2024, 05:07 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Some Buddhists also submit to one God....Guan yin ma! Big Grin Are they Muslim?

Buddhism don’t deny or accept there is a God

(03-05-2024, 05:38 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Nope....he didn't pray 50 times or 5 times!

The command or the law for our 5 daily prayers came after Jesus. Only the followers of Prophet Muhammad are obliged to perform the 5 daily prayers. 

Even so, Jesus follows the law given to the children of Israel via the messenger Moses and they are required to go and pray daily too, like us.

That's just an idol lah! Big Grin Thou shalt not worship idol lah!

(03-05-2024, 05:44 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The command or the law for our 5 daily prayers came after Jesus. Only the followers of Prophet Muhammad are obliged to perform the 5 daily prayers. 

Even so, Jesus follows the law given to the children of Israel via the messenger Moses and they are required to go and pray daily too, like us.

Nope, our Lord's prayers are different from yours!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

(03-05-2024, 05:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  That's just an idol lah! Big Grin Thou shalt not worship idol lah!

To them this is their god! If you tell them they are worshipping the wrong god...they will be v angry Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(03-05-2024, 05:48 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  To them this is their god! If you tell them they are worshipping the wrong god...they will be v angry Big Grin

I cannot stop them lah! Big Grin

(03-05-2024, 05:44 PM)Hope Wrote:  Buddhism don’t deny or accept there is a God

Nope...let's not speculate! Their gods or only God are older than Islam...

(03-05-2024, 05:47 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Nope, our Lord's prayers are different from yours!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

I'm not denying that the law for the chosen people is different from our law because it is different.

Don't confused the two, the religion brought by Moses and the religion brought by Muhammad. There is more to say on this topic but I will leave it at that.

But as far as the Arabic term Muslim goes, it means submission to the will of God, which is the basic foundation of the true religion from God, starting from Adam. That foundation never changed, even as the religion changed.

(03-05-2024, 05:50 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I cannot stop them lah! Big Grin

If you tell those ah peks and aunties in kopitiam that the creator is Christian or Muslim...they will throw kopi !Big Grin who am I to say what they believe is wrong tiok boh!

I believe what I believe..they believe what they believe....they exercise their own free will
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(03-05-2024, 03:16 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, you got it wrong. I don't believe what you believe, that's all. Nothing to do with my spiritual understanding. 

I don't believe God can be so cruel to Jesus who made a last-minute appeal to be saved. I don't believe God will ignore that plea from Jesus. Does that mean I lack spiritual understanding? No. It just means I don't believe that about God, that he would ignore Jesus's plea.

You believe God ignored Jesus's plea. Why? Who told you?

Jesus would have known how painful a death it was.  He was a man at that point.  God cannot die.  He had to take on the form of a sinless man to die for our sins.

It's terrible, this Death...for Sin.

As God, He had to let the man Jesus go through it. That's the beautiful thing, God's wisdom, how He defeated Satan whom you are following in your way of twisting and turning and lying.

I guess you don't understand because you are spiritually blind.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love