TKL claims voters prefer S'pore-born President spouse, being slammed 'dangerous'

(25-08-2023, 08:16 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You sleeping or what?

Did you vote for them?

I didn't 

IAM of the belief that the present sentiments remained the same. We are NOT ready!

CECA is the proof

U didn't because u r jhk mah. How to vote right?

(25-08-2023, 08:16 PM)winbig Wrote:  All 3 candidates are true blue born in Singapore lah. We are choosing president not president's family.

You are so naive I do not know where to start

Huh

(25-08-2023, 08:18 PM)winbig Wrote:  U didn't because u r jhk mah. How to vote right?

You think IAM George Goh is it?

Read more and open your mind and stop being a PAP and MOH plp

(25-08-2023, 08:19 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You are so naive I do not know where to start

Huh

I'm not naive. I choose the one which will be good for Singapore. I love my country and I will only choose the best for my country. Not to choose someone lousy to sabo my own country.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

(25-08-2023, 08:16 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  As long as they are foreigners they will always think of their countries 1st mah! Confused  If war happens they will balek kampong 1st lah!
One drop of atom bomb sg sinks Liao how to balek kampong 
Either go north or south 
Lol

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(25-08-2023, 07:32 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Is he referring to Tharman's Japanese wife leh? Thinking

Up to you to interpret

I like to say that many still think that Tharma de either married an Indian or a Chinese wife and born in Sinkiepoor

(25-08-2023, 08:12 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Then leave it to fate loh

Like that dangerous leh! Confused Don't sell Singapore our country to other countries leh!

(25-08-2023, 08:21 PM)winbig Wrote:  I'm not naive. I choose the one which will be good for Singapore. I love my country and I will only choose the best for my country. Not to choose someone lousy to sabo my own country.

Who you vote is your prerogative

But that also can mean you are naive

I vote for one who is good for the community of Sinkiepoor, internationally he needs to be just adequate to perform his duties

Someone who can do his best to fight for the underprivilege and the needy

(25-08-2023, 07:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Both other candidates wife. Foreign born but became Singaporean. 

However for Mrs Tharman, she lived in Singapore since 3 years old. I felt it is sad for TKL to claim she is not true blue Singaporean. 

My parents from China but worked in Singapore whole life. Anyone claim they are not true blue Singaporean will be curse to hell...
Good.... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

(25-08-2023, 06:37 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Again he is throwing away votes from women. Especially from the new citizens. 

"Mrs Tharman was born to a Japanese merchant father and local Chinese mother.

She has lived in Singapore since she was three, starting from a mainly Teochew-speaking kampung."

Common Mr Tan, have a heart. Give this woman a break. After all, her mother was a Singaporean. And Teochew, same as me.
Living here since 3 years old.

Just because of your King 🤴 dream, you go attacking people's wife not a true blue Singaporean blood. How bloody Insulting. 

Still shamelessly tell everyone you bloody care for Singaporean. Omg 😲!!!

This guy keeps sabotaging himself which makes me starf to lose confidence in him,
[+] 3 users Like *天哥*'s post

(25-08-2023, 08:21 PM)winbig Wrote:  I'm not naive. I choose the one which will be good for Singapore. I love my country and I will only choose the best for my country. Not to choose someone lousy to sabo my own country.
Good.... Clapping

Not only the women, but he also offended the youngsters...makes me wonder is he doing it on purpose.
[+] 1 user Likes *天哥*'s post

https://youtu.be/A82yi6dWs0Q?si=YZ86HcMJ8SX-vTEu

(25-08-2023, 07:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Both other candidates wife. Foreign born but became Singaporean. 

However for Mrs Tharman, she lived in Singapore since 3 years old. I felt it is sad for TKL to claim she is not true blue Singaporean. 

My parents from China but worked in Singapore whole life. Anyone claim they are not true blue Singaporean will be curse to hell...
Good.... Clapping

(25-08-2023, 07:25 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  To be clear, he did not attack the other 2 candidates’ wives.  He just said Singaporeans would prefer a local born First Lady.

Nothing wrong with that.

Double edge swords can work both ways.

At some point in time, pivot point, he might just run himself ashore with his speeches and comments. He must be more measured in his comments...

(25-08-2023, 07:56 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Japanese blood flows within her body leh! Confused
Sentinel Wrote: 

You again.....trying so hard to conjure up sob stories (hope not again)

It is a fact (You Not Happy with her) she is not true-blue local born local bred Sinkie (Sentinel is relerring Mrs Tharman)

Not only that, she has a Japanese father! (So U are also not happy with her father?.)

As a commoner, no issue, but as representative at the highest office, it is an embarrassment, to say the least....(wish you rectify with her - best)

(Sentinel is not happy with Mrs Tharman. if she hold highest office). Pls rectify with she - Best. Thk.

(25-08-2023, 08:26 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Who you vote is your prerogative

But that also can mean you are naive

I vote for one who is good for the community of Sinkiepoor, internationally he needs to be just adequate to perform his duties

Someone who can do his best to fight for the underprivilege and the needy
If you not happy with Mrs Tharman. if she hold highest office). Pls rectify with her - Best. Thk

It is her (Thambi) husband running for EP.

(25-08-2023, 07:56 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Not really the same. Based on Tiko Lian's logic, sinkie men who married foreign wives are second class citizens. Cannot be right? Besides it is bad taste to comment on someone s wife or family just because of where they are born.
Yes!. Right... Tongue

(25-08-2023, 11:08 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Sentinel Wrote: 

You again.....trying so hard to conjure up sob stories (hope not again)

It is a fact (You Not Happy with her) she is not true-blue local born local bred Sinkie (Sentinel is relerring Mrs Tharman)

Not only that, she has a Japanese father! (So U are also not happy with her father?.)

As a commoner, no issue, but as representative at the highest office, it is an embarrassment, to say the least....(wish you rectify with her - best)

(Sentinel is not happy with Mrs Tharman. if she hold highest office). Pls rectify with she - Best. Thk.

p1acebo Wrote: (fyi for u to read about, thk)

To be clear, he did not attack the other 2 candidates’ wives.  He just said Singaporeans would prefer a local born First Lady.

Nothing wrong with that.

(25-08-2023, 11:17 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  If you not happy with Mrs Tharman. if she hold highest office). Pls rectify with her - Best. Thk

How to rectify? You teach me then

You must not underestimate the influence of your wife has on you

This is the Asian culture and we living in Asia, not USA

(25-08-2023, 07:25 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  To be clear, he did not attack the other 2 candidates’ wives.  He just said Singaporeans would prefer a local born First Lady.

Nothing wrong with that.
Precisely...there is nothing obnoxious or wrong to say a factual statement.

True blue local citizens will naturally prefer local Singaporeans.

In any political race, it's only rational to bring out what's advantageous to oneself . The other 2 candidates are also praising themselves sky high.

Political Science 101.
[+] 2 users Like hansamu's post

(25-08-2023, 11:17 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  If you not happy with Mrs Tharman. if she hold highest office). Pls rectify with her - Best. Thk

There is nothing to be happy or unhappy about her and her father

Do not put word into my mouth

But when it comes to voting, I have to consider all factors, birth, age, intellect, affiliations, culture, likes and dislikes, etc

Sorry I hurt your feelings, but voting for a PRESIDENT is serious matter to us

May not be to you, as you seem to be very cosy with the status quo

That is perfectly alright

No one is forcing you to vote for any of them
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(25-08-2023, 08:00 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Singapore's first elected President Ong Teng Cheong was married to Ling Siew May, who was born in Shanghai, China. 

Singapore's first president Yusof Ishak was born in Malaysia.

Friends how many of your parents and grandparents are not True Blue Singaporean. Accordingly to TKL mentality. 

Think carefully. Our Pioneer, Medeka Generation. Don't let political cloud blind your hearts.
*天哥*
Guru - good
Reputation - very Good EG. Thk.  Big Grin

(25-08-2023, 06:37 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Again he is throwing away votes from women. Especially from the new citizens. 

"Mrs Tharman was born to a Japanese merchant father and local Chinese mother.

She has lived in Singapore since she was three, starting from a mainly Teochew-speaking kampung."

Common Mr Tan, have a heart. Give this woman a break. After all, her mother was a Singaporean. And Teochew, same as me.
Living here since 3 years old.

Just because of your King 🤴 dream, you go attacking people's wife not a true blue Singaporean blood. How bloody Insulting. 

Still shamelessly tell everyone you bloody care for Singaporean. Omg 😲!!!

moonrab - Good infomation, appreciate. Thk.
[+] 2 users Like Tee tiong huat's post

(25-08-2023, 07:11 PM)moonrab Wrote:  That's why Chu Ke Liang will faint... Big Grin
 Half half half, a good laugh.  Wink
[Image: happy-dance.gif]

(25-08-2023, 07:31 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Cannot comment on other people's wife, but others can make fun of his granddaughter as being molested by their grandpa
Me!. Thinking so, me have same thinking, thk. 

(25-08-2023, 10:14 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  Not only the women, but he also offended the youngsters...makes me wonder is he doing it on purpose.

TKL is very confident that he'll definitely be EP. Cos he thinks that people have no other choice but him.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Quote:Of course we respect other people from other countries who come to Singapore to become citizens, but I think deep down our locals would prefer at least a chance to have the President and the 'first lady' to be true Singaporeans from birth,” he said.

Can someone explain why the above comment has become "dangerous" in Singapore?

It is now dangerous to say we prefer true blue Singaporeans to be our colleagues, friends, president, wives ????..

No where else in the world is such a remark considered dangerous. If an American stands up to say he prefer a fellow American people will say he is a patriot.

If a Singaporean cannot prefer a fellow Songaporean ...it means what? It means that a true blue Singaporean does not mean anything anymore in Singapore. That to me is dangerous because it means we are losing our identity and unity.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

In fact president candidates should be natural-born citizens of Singapore, just like America. New citizens who are against this idea usually do not have the intention to let their children to stay on in Singapore to serve the country