Forum: Charging electric car can be frustrating experience

(04-04-2022, 11:16 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...experience

Charging EVs is an out of date old concept, nowadays they use robots to swap batteries at bottom of the Cars in many countries, which only takes 1-2 minutes. Laughing

(04-04-2022, 11:18 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Only way the make mass adoption of EV possible is every … I mean every residential carpark has charging facility … if not more fight and dispute will arise

Spore is behind the curve, why don’t we implement battery swapping facilities to eliminate the pain and frustration of charging? Huh

Is there a system in place when ppl are charged justly according to what they owned (energy)?
Battery charging thingy has been around for decades, can you guarantee fully charged battery able to maintain the power level at the same level what it is charged if not being in use? It will be costly when you keep paying not according what you are going to use.Battery will turn faulty after a certain period. So be prepared more inflation!

(04-04-2022, 02:44 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Spore is behind the curve, why don’t we implement battery swapping facilities to eliminate the pain and frustration of charging? Huh

(04-04-2022, 11:16 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...experience

[Image: 78-CD8-AC2-EDDE-4-AC1-939-B-50-B7021-CFCB9.jpg]

No one look for Iwaran to be responsible? If it is OYK as transport minister, already he kena left and right.

(04-04-2022, 02:57 PM)dynamite Wrote:  No one look for Iwaran to be responsible? If it is OYK as transport minister, already he kena left and right.

Spore is an oil refinery hut, which generates huge profit for the country…unlike in other countries in Europe and East Asia, dunt think Spore will push people to buy EVs.

To show to the world we are going green and we are adopting latest technology, EVs are introduced as an alternative option.

(04-04-2022, 11:42 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  EV should have hot swap functions … look at these videos.

https://www.scmp.com/video/scmp-original...-batteries

China chose the correct path. They know the limitation of charging so they get around the problem by using battery swapping. We die die follow ang moh.

(04-04-2022, 12:23 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Don’t behave like pay and pay. They are many ways to solve a problem…

By getting more resources..we can build more chargers...so it's in their benefits too

(04-04-2022, 12:34 PM)Sticw Wrote:  The battery swap is a better solution. Just standardized the battery system across car makes.

Would you change your brand new car battery with...recycled ones...lol

(04-04-2022, 12:38 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Stinkies are bery rich lah … 100k for a permit to drive a car for 10 years what's a few bucks?

Like you answer...those whom commit the same shit the 2nd time the charges x2, the third time x3...a cap at x5

It's a good thing Bec the more money we take from these Rich ..we can build more infrastructure and charging station

(04-04-2022, 05:41 PM)keys Wrote:  Would you change your brand new car battery with...recycled ones...lol
The thing about ownership is that for commodities everyone should just focus on usage and not ownership... The car stays new, the battery gets commoditized.

(04-04-2022, 01:35 PM)Sticw Wrote:  If only the car maker makes it easy to slot in and out their car battery.. even if don't standardize all different but all swappable can liao. I just start a cat battery swapping station biz can liao. Everywhere just swap and then charge the battery for members. Members just buy membership and enjoy the quick change of battery...

There is a lot of possibility for these hot swap … like it computer server … I remember years ago my network engineer do hot swap  … easy peasy if everything is properly configure

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(04-04-2022, 05:44 PM)keys Wrote:  Like you answer...those whom commit the same shit the 2nd time the charges x2, the third time x3...a cap at x5

It's a good thing Bec the more money we take from these Rich ..we can build more infrastructure and charging station

but the inconvenience and frustration they bring

(04-04-2022, 10:14 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  There is a lot of possibility for these hot swap … like it computer server … I remember years ago my network engineer do hot swap  … easy peasy if everything is properly configure

This is not just a concept, it has already been in use for 2 years just that Spore is lagging behind in technology…please watch the videos above see how robots swap batteries within 3 mins.

(04-04-2022, 02:44 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Spore is behind the curve, why don’t we implement battery swapping facilities to eliminate the pain and frustration of charging? Huh

Also very expensive to build and maintenance an island wide charging infrastructure. Imagine those battery hot swap booth with solar panel onto to use solar to supplement electricity when charging those batteries.

I cleber right …. quick vote me to be your Transport Minister ….  nudie

(04-04-2022, 10:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  This is not just a concept, it has already been in use for 2 years just that Spore is lagging behind in technology…please watch the videos above see how robots swap batteries within 3 mins.

I suspect the wanna build charging booth to create contracts for themselves lah

[Image: 6-EFD5-A21-B854-433-A-84-EE-F75-EA0-B40903.jpg]

[Image: 34986-F22-C277-414-E-AA25-E32015-A23198.png]

I tot there is already breakthrough on battery? Rotfl
Solar Energy is FOC… Will take longer time to implement….

https://youtu.be/tQmFVcD-Mbo

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(04-04-2022, 10:19 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I suspect the wanna build charging booth to create contracts for themselves lah

Charging takes too long, even you charge your phone, it takes an hour, for car, it will take a few hours, not practical.

(04-04-2022, 11:18 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Only way the make mass adoption of EV possible is every … I mean every residential carpark has charging facility … if not more fight and dispute will arise

About 39% will fight.  We saw how they behaved in rallies.  Exactly like thugs.  Jin sia suay.

New EV car needs to incorporate with solar cell. This is a must… Not simply by electrical charging. Battery normally will take longer time to charge. It is not practical at all, no matter what kind of option use.

The cost of electricity is not cheap.
Electrical battery for car is huge and expensive. How long you need to change the battery? Battery has life time. Changing new battery is not cheap.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(04-04-2022, 10:41 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  New EV car needs to incorporate with solar cell. This is a must… Not simply by electrical charging. Battery normally will take longer time to charge. It is not practical at all, no matter what kind of option use.

The cost of electricity is not cheap.
Electrical battery for car is huge and expensive. How long you need to change the battery? Battery has life time. Changing new battery is not cheap.

Another alternative to electric batteries will be cars powered by hydrogen fuel cells.
Eg. this Toyota model can clock 600km mileage on just 5 kg of H2!
Time to pump H2 into the car tank is definitely way faster than charging.
Only con now will be the high price, but cost of hydrogen fuel cells should come down once more companies research into and improve this technology.

(04-04-2022, 11:00 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Another alternative to electric batteries will be cars powered by hydrogen fuel cells.
Eg. this Toyota model can clock 600km mileage on just 5 kg of H2!
Time to pump H2 into the car tank is definitely way faster than charging.
Only con now will be the high price, but cost of hydrogen fuel cells should come down once more companies research into and improve this technology.

Do you know Japan has gambled its fortune for fuel cell for about past 40 years? Have they succeeded yet?  Rotfl
You only probably heard Fuel cell during last Olympic in Japan.
Do you know China is also doing Fuel Cell?

Now the mainstream is Electrical charging…
You still think Fuel cell still can succeed?
If it is so good how come so long still haven’t got popular in the world.

Hydrogen fuel cell is the way of future.

Battery packs are large, heavy and takes long time to charge. Most places only have limited charging stations, unlucky if all the EVs converge at same time and need to charge.