We oppose TW independence and are not an ally to USA says Prime Minister Wong
Cool 

Update: 6 May 2024
“We are very careful when we conduct relations with both China and Taiwan that is consistent with our ‘one China’ policy,” he said. “And we do not allow ourselves to be made use of for any causes supporting Taiwanese independence.” -  To-Be-PM Wong. Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/w...-and-china

18 Aug 2022

[Image: not-USally-one-China-LW.png]

Full transcript -
https://www.pmo.gov.sg/Newsroom/DPM-Lawr...ait-Aug-22
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

Let me give a glimpse of future SG leader direction in term of foreign policy. When Heng SK was appointed leader, he was pivoting more towards China. Lawrence Wong will be no different.

My guess is that during their terms will the rise of China military and economy to the next level.

I will await Sgtalk FLG team assault here Big Grin

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

flgdogs how? sent back to xj university for higher ellucation?  Laughing

Only stupid moronic Kokee Cok and his gang love to hang on to the sunset Assmerica!

mediocre Wong no standard
u must be brave like this:
Do you think Biden is going to fly there to ask for more oil? He went there to beg them not to join BRIC.

The dollar was made reserve currency only because of our protection of the Saudi kingdom.
Saudi Arabia has signed new protection agreements with Russia.
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

kokee has to leave singapore soon.

(18-08-2022, 03:06 PM)Manthink Wrote:  [Image: not-USally-one-China-LW.png]

Full transcript -
👏👏👏👍

Cham ah, more Chinese coming over to invest in properties
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

It is a good interview. Our future PM spoke frankly

DPM Wong: I think in every country, it is very hard to have the external perspective. Even in Singapore, such a small island, people tend to be focused on their domestic concerns, let alone large countries like America and China where naturally their concerns will be more domestic in nature. So I fully understand that Americans and Chinese people will have more domestic pressing concerns to deal with. But we continue to engage the American leadership and we hope that they will do what they can to help ensure that America continues to have a strong leadership role in engaging the region.

America has many friends in this part of the world, as we consistently tell our friends in America. We are grateful for America's role post World War Two - America expended blood and treasure to ensure peace and stability in the region and to ensure progress for the region. We certainly look forward to America continuing that and doing more in Southeast Asia.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-08-2022, 04:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is a good interview. Our future PM spoke frankly

DPM Wong: I think in every country, it is very hard to have the external perspective. Even in Singapore, such a small island, people tend to be focused on their domestic concerns, let alone large countries like America and China where naturally their concerns will be more domestic in nature. So I fully understand that Americans and Chinese people will have more domestic pressing concerns to deal with. But we continue to engage the American leadership and we hope that they will do what they can to help ensure that America continues to have a strong leadership role in engaging the region.

America has many friends in this part of the world, as we consistently tell our friends in America. We are grateful for America's role post World War Two - America expended blood and treasure to ensure peace and stability in the region and to ensure progress for the region. We certainly look forward to America continuing that and doing more in Southeast Asia.

There are many trying to influence and subvert our friendship with the USA by promoting a pro China, pro Communist stance.

China will soon become a totalitarian dictatorship after Xi's power grab to consolidate his own power. Chinese citizens face censorship, propaganda brainwashing, and high degree of state surveillance. We do not want to live like that in Singapore and have a different set of values. 

Singapore is not allies with the USA, we have our own foreign policy. Singapore has been the biggest investor in China working to help China build up. Our founding father and economic expert Goh Keng Swee dedicated his time to help China build its economy.

China should stop conducting United Front type influence campaigns on our citizens to propagandize our people towards their point of view. There should be mutual respect.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

wah he so brave... i like! Clapping

His point is towards status quo and not a China that use propaganda, like a bunch of commie here, that try to influence a change for a bigger China. STATUS QUO is the norm and Taiwan is Taiwan without the need to go independent.
He is saying all the politically correct thing without antogonizing both side of the divide. Get it!

(18-08-2022, 03:10 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Let me give a glimpse of future SG leader direction in term of foreign policy. When Heng SK was appointed leader, he was pivoting more towards China. Lawrence Wong will be no different.

My guess is that during their terms will the rise of China military and economy to the next level.

I will await Sgtalk FLG team assault here Big Grin

Ultimately national foreign policy is shaped more by geopolitical reality rather than a particular leader's personal preference. LW is simply reacting rationally to the situation to maximize Singapore's interest and pivoting towards China seems to be general consensus amongst Singapore's ruling elite currently. HSK, CCS, OYK taking the helm would result in the same choice as well.

No doubt a significant portion of Singapore's ruling elites, especially those who have deep educational, career and political ties with US, prefer to work with US on a personal level, but at the end of the day there is nothing much they can do to go against the "winds of change" anyway.

Put it this way, if even a so called South Korean Trump like Yoon can do a turn turtle flip the moment he gets elected, why should we expect less from anyone else?
[+] 2 users Like maxsanic's post

(18-08-2022, 05:38 PM)Instinct Wrote:  His point is towards status quo and not a China that use propaganda, like a bunch of commie here, that try to influence a change for a bigger China. STATUS QUO is the norm and Taiwan is Taiwan without the need to go independent.
He is saying all the politically correct thing without antogonizing  both side of the divide. Get it!

Status quo is never the norm. If that were the case there would not be any development in the history of human civilization.

It is only natural for humans to prefer to stay in the comfort zone just like most employees dread any organizational change. However just like employees who have no choice as business change is the only constant, nations would have to embrace geopolitical changes as well.

LW's stance so far is the best positioning for Singapore's interest given the current circumstance, i.e. slowly pivot towards China while throwing up some mumbo jumbo about gratitude to US and hoping US will stay engaged. We need to milk whatever is left of the US's receding influence in Southeast Asia to extract maximum leverage in our relationship with China.

(18-08-2022, 06:02 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  Ultimately national foreign policy is shaped more by geopolitical reality rather than a particular leader's personal preference. LW is simply reacting rationally to the situation to maximize Singapore's interest and pivoting towards China seems to be general consensus amongst Singapore's ruling elite currently. HSK, CCS, OYK taking the helm would result in the same choice as well.

No doubt a significant portion of Singapore's ruling elites, especially those who have deep educational, career and political ties with US, prefer to work with US on a personal level, but at the end of the day there is nothing much they can do to go against the "winds of change" anyway.

Put it this way, if even a so called South Korean Trump like Yoon can do a turn turtle flip the moment he gets elected, why should we expect less from anyone else?

Agree - that is the reality any small nations hv to face in a fast changing global order.

Everyone already see US and China aren't what both used to be just 10 years ago - I can only imagine the speed of further change in the coming next.

The KEY question is how Washington handle this inflection point when the PRC economy size exceed the US.

We can see other countries already preparing this accelerating trend.

I now fear more of US behavior than China's in this decade of living dangerously.

(18-08-2022, 03:06 PM)Manthink Wrote:  [Image: not-USally-one-China-LW.png]

Full transcript -

I support leh! Who are the "we" leh?
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(18-08-2022, 04:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is a good interview. Our future PM spoke frankly

LOL! I consider Bloomberg interview with LW as "nice", rather than "good". And certainly not as "frank" since everyone in Asia can see - >> That America of Today is not the America of WW2.

Note LW uses the word "Hope" when he mention about "American leadership" is more of diplomatic nicety rather than frank statement when the Interviewer post a question which basically says US no longer is as engaging in trade as China :

Micklethwait: Do you think people in the United States understand the predicament of countries like yourselves, like Malaysia, Indonesia, all these different countries have with China that does want to have trade pacts, and America that does not....

(04-09-2022, 05:45 AM)kokee Wrote:  comie dogs here is pro-ccp, pro-chinese & pro-china, not extreme racist? whole forum know chaos, manthink & all the comie dogs here how they fight for china, ccp & chinese against the west & democratic 7/24 here!
comie dogs here also pro-Russia invade Ukraine, how they support russia here to attack Ukraine day & night, they used RT, a banned media in the world today to con or brainwash morons here frequently!
they support ccp china in SCS, SAF tanks in HK & all the issues between spore & china!
basically they treat themselves as china chinese, support everything ccp china are doing in the world today blindly, totally brainwashed comie dogs!
all these comie here & their brainless supporters!

(06-09-2022, 05:02 PM)kokee Wrote:  thread title are all political & diplomatic words!
oppose taiwan independence now but when US & the world accept taiwan independence, this is in progress, is he still going to oppose? answer is super clear!
not ally of USA? from all the weapons we used in spore today & we are a navy base for US warship, we are on which side is super clear, no need to speak out!
ally of china? my foot, this one is even clearer!

From all PM lee said, we are spore chinese, not china chinese anymore! we have different culture from china!
all sporean, all races, all migrants must loyal to spore & not china or any other country!
we are democratic, we are definitely not communism!
we oppose Russia invade Ukraine, comie dogs here support russia invade Ukraine! of course comie dogs here support everything ccp china including communism!

华人为什么不是中国人,不站队其实就是站美国,做好台海开战的准备

李显龙解释“落地生根”:华人不该效忠中国,新加坡跟美国不是盟友胜似盟友;中国如果自绝于世界,同文同种反而连累新加坡

华人不是中国人,不要落叶归根!做好中共攻台准备!新加坡为什么要挺乌克兰

got assmarrycunt daddy support, quick quick declare independence loh, why so scared?

(06-09-2022, 05:02 PM)kokee Wrote:  thread title are all political words!
oppose taiwan independence now but when US & the world accept taiwan independence, this is in progress, is he still going to oppose? answer is super clear!
not ally of USA? from all the weapons we used in spore today & we are a navy base for US warship, we are on which side is super clear, no need to speak out!
ally of china? my foot, this one is even clearer!

From all PM lee said, we are spore chinese, not china chinese anymore! we have different culture from china!
all sporean, all races, all migrants must loyal to spore & not china or any other country!
we are democratic, we are definitely not communism!
we oppose Russia invade Ukraine, comie dogs here support russia invade Ukraine! of course comie dogs here support everything ccp china including communism!

华人为什么不是中国人,不站队其实就是站美国,做好台海开战的准备

李显龙解释“落地生根”:华人不该效忠中国,新加坡跟美国不是盟友胜似盟友;中国如果自绝于世界,同文同种反而连累新加坡

华人不是中国人,不要落叶归根!做好中共攻台准备!新加坡为什么要挺乌克兰

Game over liao for bankrupt loser Slavery kokee howling jealous 

https://media.tenor.com/3KPr6V2O-xIAAAAM...-smile.gif https://media.tenor.com/k3lnFoS7_2QAAAAM...-laugh.gif https://media.tenor.com/jZHfzn9i1iwAAAAM...rvivor.gif 
Slavery kokee go take your medicine bananas

i support
Free Hongkong
Free Taiwan
Free Tibet

but i also support another policy another way out for all chinese

i support

ONE CHINA MUTUALLY PEACEFUL POLICIES

no wars or any military actions or solutions

i think all should support the new ONE CHINA MUTUALLY PEACEFUL POLICIES
and not ONE CHINA POLICY

Oppose Taiwan Independence

Or Taiwanese Independence, arh?

If the later, who the hell is he to interfere with the lives of Taiwanese?

Own SG cannot manage under the Shoot Blank Queen and now TSL

he still want to be Pinocchio!!

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(18-08-2022, 05:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  There are many trying to influence and subvert our friendship with the USA by promoting a pro China, pro Communist stance.

China will soon become a totalitarian dictatorship after Xi's power grab to consolidate his own power. Chinese citizens face censorship, propaganda brainwashing, and high degree of state surveillance. We do not want to live like that in Singapore and have a different set of values. 

Singapore is not allies with the USA, we have our own foreign policy. Singapore has been the biggest investor in China working to help China build up. Our founding father and economic expert Goh Keng Swee dedicated his time to help China build its economy.

China should stop conducting United Front type influence campaigns on our citizens to propagandize our people towards their point of view. There should be mutual respect.
Who give sinkie land more goodies, sinkie land side who loh.. highest bidder wins..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(06-09-2022, 07:22 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Who give sinkie land more goodies, sinkie land side who loh.. highest bidder wins..

As long as those who can butter on the right side of Asia Pacific in the name of stability and prosperity rather than sowing tension and mistrust...the winner will be all of us in this Region.

Can't get any simpler in understanding why LW says why SG oppose TW Independence. Tongue

Ish one thing to stay neutral, it ish another to join with the axis of evil or the west. And the most foolish move ish offending all sides by not taking side.

Anyway in the great direction of thing, not taking side ish a form of taking side. If our higher mortals really don't want to take side and yet still don't know hao to keep their mouth shut, they will end up offending both sides and then we really ish GG as no matter which side win, we lose.

After all look at the rest of the ASEAN nations, which of their leaders keep talking co(k about not talking side in US-CCP relationship and Taiwan independence in interviews? Sometime moi think our new generation of higher mortals lack the international respect & wisdom of laulee and yet keep trying to pretend and talk like him.

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(11-09-2022, 03:09 PM)Manthink Wrote:  As long as those who can butter on the right side of Asia Pacific in the name of stability and prosperity rather than sowing tension and mistrust...the winner will be all of us in this Region.

Can't get any simpler in understanding why LW says why SG oppose TW Independence. Tongue

I support leh! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(11-09-2022, 03:26 PM)Soulhacker Wrote:  Ish one thing to stay neutral, it ish another to join with the axis of evil or the west. And the most foolish move ish offending all sides by not taking side.
Anyway in the great direction of thing, not taking side ish a form of taking side. If our higher mortals really don't want to take side and yet still don't know hao to keep their mouth shut, they will end up offending both sides and then we really ish GG as no matter which side win, we lose. After all look at the rest of the ASEAN nations, which of their leaders keep talking co(k about not talking side in US-CCP relationship and Taiwan independence in interviews? Sometime moi think our new generation of higher mortals lack the international respect & wisdom of laulee and yet keep trying to pretend and talk like him.

You comment is confusing - What do u mean by "neutral" while at the same time calling each side  as "axis of evil or the west ?

The point LW is driving at is we do NOT support TW independence...That is as clear and consistent as we has ever been since "laulee" time.

No one is "pretending" anything here - and everyone are aware TW is the flashpoint of Asia Pacific and some people WANTS war to happen here.

"Ukraine is recognised as an independent country and is a member of the United Nations....In the case of Taiwan, most countries in the UN have a One China policy and recognise that Taiwan is a part of China, and that has been the settled position for many years since 1971, when the government in Beijing took the seat for China at the UN."  - SM Teo

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a...war-sm-teo

All UN members recognize Tw as part of Cn, including those maintain
relation with Tw govt.
And as many countries also face separatist movements, only few thick skin will be involved.
Why sacrifice own citizen lives and economic development for some people
inspirations that go against own interests and treaty.

So it is an honest talk.
As a friend to US, we can advise them do not risk accelerate to world war.
What more it is clear rest of SEA countries has same view as Sg on the matter.

(09-10-2022, 07:43 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  All UN members recognize Tw as part of Cn, including those maintain
relation with Tw govt. And as many countries also face separatist movements, only few thick skin will be involved.
Why sacrifice own  citizen lives and economic development for some people
inspirations that go against own interests and treaty.

So it is an honest talk. As a friend to US, we can advise them do not risk accelerate to world war.
What more it is clear rest of SEA countries has same view as Sg on the matter.

That is why I am curious why some SGtalker keep going against what our senior ministers from LW to SM Teo have been saying - Don't play around with TW matter... Added to the fact UN and SG positions have maintain that TW is part of China.

All these time Anglo-Saxon gang can't resist in stirring trouble in Asia using TW as the bait.