Why are Singapore retirees not moving out of the world's most expensive place?

(04-12-2023, 09:48 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Yap he hates the govt to the bones 
Bitterness destroy peace 
Will get sickness and pain
That is why we should avoid lol

Any negative comments considered hatred

(04-12-2023, 04:50 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I can't bear to leave my mother and granddaughter sexless Rotfl

Laughing Laughing

(04-12-2023, 09:22 AM)moonrab Wrote:  We are talking about our ancestors, Pioneer, Merdeka and Majulah generations. 

Are you a Singaporean? If yes, your grandparents and parents are still a foreign workers status in Singapore? 
I will be surprised if that is the case.
Or you are a foreigner yourself, never understand our Singaporean feelings for our parent's sacrifice in Singapore. 

Don't mix up today's foreign workers with our ancestors please. Both are immigrants but in different era. 
Our ancestors came, give up their motherland citizenship, survive and work hard to prosper for their future generations in Singapore. The journey is call nation building. Propelled Singapore from a fishing port into a modern city.

Today's foreign workers came to Singapore mainly hoping to earn more money. 
Some may love Singapore in the process, applied for Citizenship. 
Many are still not ready to give up their bigger motherland passport. But wanted the higher salary in Singapore. 
The whole process is much more complicated. 
More options for both foreign workers and Singapore to contemplate. 

Moreover, Singapore population already hitting the peak at 6 million. We doesn't have much room for more foreigners citizenship applicants. Therefore naturally, Singapore will be very selective in application approval. 

Totally different from our ancestor’s situation.

My ancestors come here and stay here, because here is a better place and more opportunities compared to their hometown and decided to call it home.

Foreigners come here to work, because sinkie land is a better place and more opportunities compared to their hometown, but rather than calling sinkie land home, they just suck all the resources they can and move on..

And you admitted it as well " Many are still not ready to give up their bigger motherland passport. But wanted the higher salary in Singapore. ", so why is sinkie land allowing that to happen and worse still, local are not compensated enough to put up with the huge foreigner population.

The worst policy is someone can be PR for 20 years.. By right if someone can't convert from PR to sinkie in 5 years, should revoke their PR and boot them out. Give other foreigners who want to be sinkie a chance.. That will solve your 6mil population problem. I rather have a 6 mil sinkie population than a 3mil sinkie 3 mil foreigner population.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Thru longer term projection, there's very limited space and planning amenities for elderly and retirees to breathe within 700 sq km areas.

A real shortage of available facilities, as reported, even those very sick were crying for hospital beds.

Very soon, you will be the forgotten generation.

(04-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Any negative comments considered hatred

It's not any negative comments. It's ALL your comments are negative.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(04-12-2023, 11:26 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  My ancestors come here and stay here, because here is a better place and more opportunities compared to their hometown and decided to call it home.

Foreigners come here to work, because sinkie land is a better place and more opportunities compared to their hometown, but rather than calling sinkie land home, they just suck all the resources they can and move on..

And you admitted it as well " Many are still not ready to give up their bigger motherland passport. But wanted the higher salary in Singapore. ", so why is sinkie land allowing that to happen and worse still, local are not compensated enough to put up with the huge foreigner population.

The worst policy is someone can be PR for 20 years.. By right if someone can't convert from PR to sinkie in 5 years, should revoke their PR and boot them out. Give other foreigners who want to be sinkie a chance.. That will solve your 6mil population problem. I rather have a 6 mil sinkie population than a 3mil sinkie 3 mil foreigner population.

All this PR for 20 years thing started way before LHL time. It all started with JHK. When JHK are the only ones benefiting from this policy, they kept quiet. But when this policy is expanded to other nationalities, they started to make noise.

(05-12-2023, 06:17 AM)winbig Wrote:  It's not any negative comments. It's ALL your comments are negative.  Laughing

Ya, this bugger got an axe to grind with not only PAP but also Singapore and all Singaporeans. The number 1 public enemy of Singapore.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

(05-12-2023, 06:46 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ya, this bugger got an axe to grind with not only PAP but also Singapore and all Singaporeans. The number 1 public enemy of Singapore.     Big Grin

Don't be like that can or not...

“If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking,”

(05-12-2023, 06:46 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ya, this bugger got an axe to grind with not only PAP but also Singapore and all Singaporeans. The number 1 public enemy of Singapore.     Big Grin
So many people complaining high costs of living - they cannot afford to eat out anymore except quietly eating instant noodles at home.

I m just suggesting alternative solutions esp to help those retirees live longer, you called me No.1 public enemy of Singapore.

How come it becomes so sore?

(05-12-2023, 06:17 AM)winbig Wrote:  It's not any negative comments. It's ALL your comments are negative.  Laughing

You have Hit the nail 😄

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

This generation of majority retirees are millionaires with highest IQ and very smart.

If they are not moving, there could be something other future retirees can learn from them.

Why not?

(04-12-2023, 11:26 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  My ancestors come here and stay here, because here is a better place and more opportunities compared to their hometown and decided to call it home.

Good to know your ancestors called Singapore a home. Retired over here after decades of nation building. So I presume, today you are a Singaporean too.

Now, this debunk the Vicious SCY calling for Singaporean elderly retirees to migrate. Kicking them out of Singapore, a place where they decided to call it Home. Sad.

SCY's theory of condemning Singapore's future, by consistently shaming and threatening Singaporean's security with fake news. 
Now extended to harassing our elderly, last dream of peace in their golden age. So damn cruel and selfish of him.

As for today's foreign workers/ PR plying in Singapore. I said it is a complex issue. 

Some long term PR started in the earlier days of Singapore Independence. They are mainly the Malaysian, with some Indonesian or UK citizens, whom love to stay in Singapore with their Singaporean spouse, family. 
But refused to give up a bigger country citizenship. Inview of personal long term interest or sense of belonging towards motherland roots. 

Singapore was then a small young nation with no resources, naturally allowed such PR for long term goals. A win win situation for both such PR cases and Singapore's own development. 
At that period, Singapore's population was about 1 to 2 millions plus. More rooms for everyone. 

However, the second generation of such PR's son needed to be enlisted into NS. This regulation is one way to stop having more long-term PR, taking advantage of Singapore benefits. 
I know some Malaysians working and living in Singapore under work permit, whereby their Parent are PR for decades. All because they refused to conscription. 

Today's new application for PR is even more stringent for approval. Many was rejected due to incompatible of work skill, education, wealth, job security, personal assimilation with Singapore's society, policy and security. 

Singapore PR subject to regulation in renewal too.
The Singapore PR renewal has a validity period of 5 years maximum and is subject to the applicant's situation.

PRs who have been away from Singapore for a long time may not be granted a five-year re-entry permit.

"Can Singapore PR renewal be rejected?"

Yes, the REP renewal can be rejected for several reasons:

1 You have been away from Singapore for an extended period.

2 You have made little contribution to Singapore economically.

3 You failed to produce the required documents.

So the concept of "Open Door" immigration is fake. Many disgruntled foreigners in forums, with a knife to grind against Singapore are one of such fail applicant.

As I mentioned earlier, Singapore is much more selective in approvals of PR and certainly over Citizenship application. 
Today, We have the resources to rejected unqualified foreigners application. Towards the benefits of our nation. 

It doesn't mean when a foreigner wishes to be our PR or Citizenship, their wish will be granted naturally. Or they are considered better than a foreign workers plying in Singapore on permits.

Singapore's goal is to be a Global City. We welcome all to work and live in our city. For the benefit of everyone, including Singaporean. With positive contribution to our society and economy. 

However, approving PR/Citizenship is more than that. It concerning our continuously nation building. 
Not everyone is suitable to be a Singaporean. 
SCY is a perfect example. His kind of mentality will destroy Singapore within seconds. Something that we, Singaporean cannot take it lightly. 

6 million citizens VS 3 million citizens with 3 million PR/Foreign workers. 
Well, Becareful of what you wishes for.

Singapore can never do away with foreign workers, a true fact that even our Opposition parties agree. Who is your contractor renovating your home, f&b workers, factory workers, hairstylist, nurse, hawkers, construction workers etc. Mostly are Malaysian, Chinese, Bangladesh, Indian. 

So even when you have 6 millions citizens, there will still be foreign workers needed in Singapore. By then we will hit 8 to 9 million population. Will it not be over crowded as complaint by many Opposition supporters? 

And with 6 millions citizens, the benefits and grants cost will be very high.
How many bto must we build for citizens, double of today? 
With all of the grants too? What about hospitalisation, school, welfare grants? 

Therefore Singapore approvals of Citizenship is limited to about 20k annually. A figure that we can still absorb at current situation.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Why so dumb to move to a not friendly country nearby with declining $ to stretch out dollars

Anytime might ends up like hamas being chased out of their country
Live in tents and suffer even more
That is why never give up your ic and sell your home will regret
Scythian already regretted
Wonder he got maggi mee to eat or just plain bread with water

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(05-12-2023, 08:36 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  You have Hit the nail 😄

Surprised.. you didn't support me?

(05-12-2023, 08:57 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Surprised.. you didn't support me?
Depends on what issue you are referring to

☝️

(05-12-2023, 09:00 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Depends on what issue you are referring to

Fair comment

Afterall I m not that bad as one described

(05-12-2023, 09:16 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Fair comment

Afterall I m not that bad as one described

Agree u are not that bad 
Although sometimes lost your patience in comments u don’t like 
In forums it’s freedom of speech whether u like it or not everyone got their own way of expressing their own thoughts 
One grain rice feeds many 
Not everyone likes or understands you lol

☝️

(05-12-2023, 08:51 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Good to know your ancestors called Singapore a home. Retired over here after decades of nation building. So I presume, today you are a Singaporean too.

Now, this debunk the Vicious SCY calling for Singaporean elderly retirees to migrate. Kicking them out of Singapore, a place where they decided to call it Home. Sad.

SCY's theory of condemning Singapore's future, by consistently shaming and threatening Singaporean's security with fake news. 
Now extended to harassing our elderly, last dream of peace in their golden age. So damn cruel and selfish of him.

As for today's foreign workers/ PR plying in Singapore. I said it is a complex issue. 

Some long term PR started in the earlier days of Singapore Independence. They are mainly the Malaysian, with some Indonesian or UK citizens, whom love to stay in Singapore with their Singaporean spouse, family. 
But refused to give up a bigger country citizenship. Inview of personal long term interest or sense of belonging towards motherland roots. 

Singapore was then a small young nation with no resources, naturally allowed such PR for long term goals. A win win situation for both such PR cases and Singapore's own development. 
At that period, Singapore's population was about 1 to 2 millions plus. More rooms for everyone. 

However, the second generation of such PR's son needed to be enlisted into NS. This regulation is one way to stop having more long-term PR, taking advantage of Singapore benefits. 
I know some Malaysians working and living in Singapore under work permit, whereby their Parent are PR for decades. All because they refused to conscription. 

Today's new application for PR is even more stringent for approval. Many was rejected due to incompatible of work skill, education, wealth, job security, personal assimilation with Singapore's society, policy and security. 

Singapore PR subject to regulation in renewal too.
The Singapore PR renewal has a validity period of 5 years maximum and is subject to the applicant's situation.

PRs who have been away from Singapore for a long time may not be granted a five-year re-entry permit.

"Can Singapore PR renewal be rejected?"

Yes, the REP renewal can be rejected for several reasons:

1 You have been away from Singapore for an extended period.

2 You have made little contribution to Singapore economically.

3 You failed to produce the required documents.

So the concept of "Open Door" immigration is fake. Many disgruntled foreigners in forums, with a knife to grind against Singapore are one of such fail applicant.

As I mentioned earlier, Singapore is much more selective in approvals of PR and certainly over Citizenship application. 
Today, We have the resources to rejected unqualified foreigners application. Towards the benefits of our nation. 

It doesn't mean when a foreigner wishes to be our PR or Citizenship, their wish will be granted naturally. Or they are considered better than a foreign workers plying in Singapore on permits.

Singapore's goal is to be a Global City. We welcome all to work and live in our city. For the benefit of everyone, including Singaporean. With positive contribution to our society and economy. 

However, approving PR/Citizenship is more than that. It concerning our continuously nation building. 
Not everyone is suitable to be a Singaporean. 
SCY is a perfect example. His kind of mentality will destroy Singapore within seconds. Something that we, Singaporean cannot take it lightly. 

6 million citizens VS 3 million citizens with 3 million PR/Foreign workers. 
Well, Becareful of what you wishes for.

Singapore can never do away with foreign workers, a true fact that even our Opposition parties agree. Who is your contractor renovating your home, f&b workers, factory workers, hairstylist, nurse, hawkers, construction workers etc. Mostly are Malaysian, Chinese, Bangladesh, Indian. 

So even when you have 6 millions citizens, there will still be foreign workers needed in Singapore. By then we will hit 8 to 9 million population. Will it not be over crowded as complaint by many Opposition supporters? 

And with 6 millions citizens, the benefits and grants cost will be very high.
How many bto must we build for citizens, double of today? 
With all of the grants too? What about hospitalisation, school, welfare grants? 

Therefore Singapore approvals of Citizenship is limited to about 20k annually. A figure that we can still absorb at current situation.

Too simplistic

A glass of juices looks like orange juice, might not be an orange juice.

(05-12-2023, 01:01 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Too simplistic

A glass of juices looks like orange juice, might not be an orange juice.

Time for you to take medication with your 🍊juice..🤣

(05-12-2023, 01:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Time for you to take medication with your 🍊juice..🤣

All you ve written are based on deception..

(05-12-2023, 02:30 PM)Scythian Wrote:  All you ve written are based on deception..

Nope. Ariel's ancestors find Singapore is better and call it Home. That is not deception. 🫠

(05-12-2023, 08:38 AM)Scythian Wrote:  This generation of majority retirees are millionaires with highest IQ and very smart.

If they are not moving, there could be something other future retirees can learn from them.

Why not?

Sometimes if not used to new environments might die faster instead of enjoying life

☝️

(05-12-2023, 02:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Nope. Ariel's ancestors find Singapore is better and call it Home. That is not deception. 🫠

No one tells you the truth

(05-12-2023, 05:53 PM)Scythian Wrote:  No one tells you the truth

Definitely not from you. 😄

(05-12-2023, 06:07 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Definitely not from you. 😄

People like you believed in everything @ face value.
But one size cannot fit all..

Eventually, PM Lee admitted Singapore is in a mess and politics is not as clean as Singapore image.

(05-12-2023, 04:07 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Sometimes if not used to new environments might die faster instead of enjoying life

You hit the nail on the head

Many Singaporeans still live like mountain tortoises

(05-12-2023, 01:22 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Time for you to take medication with your 🍊juice..🤣

Any of your family members living in exile?

(05-12-2023, 02:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Nope. Ariel's ancestors find Singapore is better and call it Home. That is not deception. 🫠

Bigiron🇦🇺 Edwin Goh, 29, has left Mediacorp after 14 years & is hoping to settle down in Australia.

➡️ https://bit.ly/47I4fqK

(06-12-2023, 04:37 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Bigiron🇦🇺 Edwin Goh, 29, has left Mediacorp after 14 years & is hoping to settle down in Australia.

➡️ https://bit.ly/47I4fqK

Young Singaporean is all over the world 🌎. Nothing new about it..
We are a democratic nation.

(06-12-2023, 02:01 AM)Scythian Wrote:  People like you believed in everything @ face value.
But one size cannot fit all..

Eventually, PM Lee admitted Singapore is in a mess and politics is not as clean as Singapore image.

You are his fan boy. Not me. 🤣