many go polyclinic because gp is now unaffordable.

gp is now unaffordable because clinic rental is very high and the gp pass it on to the patient.

the gov should build the polyclinic infrastructure for private gp to practice in for free to leveraging on a central gov phamacy to keep drug cost down.

such facilities would have access to hospital facilities like xray, ct scan, ultrasound to offload the a&e in hospital.

without rental pressure, it would foster a community of private gp whom would earn from consultation fees without having to keep an inventory of drugs which cost more than a gov pharmacy.

healthier sg is doomed to fail as it does not address that the system cannot handle elderly with multiple chronic disease and people with no symptom would rather spend the time visiting gp to work ot for more income.

healthier sg will not help the polyclinic situation.

if you go bedok polyclinic it has many rooms but most of them have no doctors because nobody wants to be a gov doctor as the pay is low and the workload is very high.

keekeekee

Workers of the world, unite!
[+] 4 users Like uncle168's post

If you have blue color chas card think can reduce the consultation fees a lot but then medicine I not sure as I don't have this color chas card. Mine is the super useless green chas card.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

but if you go polyclinic even cheaper because of chas subsidy it has the unintended consequences of the gp raising prices so you go back to square one.

its like the cdc voucher, it is the main reason why hawker raised prices as vouchers have $5 & $10, the hawkers discovered that stinkies was willing to pay more than $3 so they jacked up prices thanks to cdc.

the gov has to intervene as market forces are pushing prices higher as healthcare is an essential item.

the gov is thinking of banning private medical insurance as it push up the prices of medical procedures since rider make everything almost free for the few who can afford it.

healthier sg is doomed to fail.

keekeekee

[+] 2 users Like uncle168's post

can't even get a slot to see doc at polyclinic! walk in definitely no more slots. book online via apps also all taken up. only way is just die.

SGP can die can't get sick.

even die also not cheap.

the long term solution is to build huge polyclinic run by private gp with a gov pharmacy.

with free rent, gp profit from consultation and cheap gov drugs, medical cost will plunge rapidly as private clinic will have to lower prices to compete with the gov.

the problem the gov face now is manpower, the polyclinic is huge but the consultation room is empty, most of the gp are fresh grad from local uni.

keekeekee

[+] 1 user Likes uncle168's post

the long term solution is to allow euthanasia for those long suffering patients. then make suicide not a crime. then just like a company employee attrition rate ppl will die and then govt no longer need to feed them. feasible solution? problem arise is ppl in Spore live too long so make it end earlier if they choose to and not penalizing them with law.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Did the PAP Ministers foresee this problem 10 years ago?

Only idiots like Jac LAU will say see GP cheap.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

the gcb the insurance agent buy comes from the inflated medical procedure u pay.

its out of control because the ministers are doctors too.

why would they make laws to reduce their dignity?

keekeekee

(04-07-2023, 04:25 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  gp is now unaffordable because clinic rental is very high and the gp pass it on to the patient.

the gov should build the polyclinic infrastructure for private gp to practice in for free to leveraging on a central gov phamacy to keep drug cost down.

such facilities would have access to hospital facilities like xray, ct scan, ultrasound to offload the a&e in hospital.

without rental pressure, it would foster a community of private gp whom would earn from consultation fees without having to keep an inventory of drugs which cost more than a gov pharmacy.

healthier sg is doomed to fail as it does not address that the system cannot handle elderly with multiple chronic disease and people with no symptom would rather spend the time visiting gp to work ot for more income.

if you go bedok polyclinic it has many rooms but most of them have no doctors because nobody wants to be a gov doctor as the pay is low and the workload is very high.

keekeekee

gov doc pay is low??
they dont need to pay high rentals. one year get many times of bonuses (march, july, dec). all net gain. plus cpf some more.
lucrative ah .

(04-07-2023, 04:25 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  gp is now unaffordable because clinic rental is very high and the gp pass it on to the patient.

keekeekee

Private clinics are now fast becoming MC producers for employees in big MNCs and large local corporations. These employees and their family members don't care about the fees as they are largely reimbursed by their employers or some sort of company medical insurance purchased by the company.

The clinics know that and overcharge like nobody's business which in turn allows them to overbid for clinical space (I'm told by a leasing agent that many neighborhood canters are charging $25 - $30k monthly rent for clinics while the rates are even higher for CBD / downtown ones). Meanwhile many SME employees, self-employed and civil service / stat board staff have no choice but to crowd out the polyclinics which in turn deprives the low income people from assessing what is supposed to be subsidized clinical care.

The CHAS / PG / Merdeka subsidies for low income hasn't been updated to keep up with medical inflation and a normal visit only yield ~$15 - $20 subsidy on average. With each medicine + outpatient bill hitting anywhere from $50++ to $70++ even for simple illnesses and go above $100 at the slightest complication, the CHAS / PG / Merdeka card is effectively useless as the subsidy is too small to make a difference to low income earners and senior citizens.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

(04-07-2023, 04:56 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  The CHAS / PG / Merdeka subsidies for low income hasn't been updated to keep up with medical inflation and a normal visit only yield ~$15 - $20 subsidy on average. With each medicine + outpatient bill hitting anywhere from $50++ to $70++ even for simple illnesses and go above $100 at the slightest complication, the CHAS / PG / Merdeka card is effectively useless as the subsidy is too small to make a difference to low income earners and senior citizens.

That is why someone very early on coined this classic phrase "In Spore better to be dead than fall sick". So if fall sick (terminal kind) best to faster end your life. A bit brutal but quite true in reality as Spore progresses.

yes its out of control and the gov has no will to do the right thing Sad

instead healthier sg a smokescreen that would probably increase prices further since it is a subsidy.

keekeekee

[+] 2 users Like uncle168's post

i visit bedok polyclinic for more than 20 years.

when it was above ntuc, the service was very fast although the space was small.

now the new one at heartbeat is huge but the service is very slow.

the staff told me the ceo want cashless paperless all the gov bureaucratic rubbish that make things worst.

keekeekee

the bedok polyclinic force the elderly to use the touchscreen to register but they don't know how to use resulting in long queues outside the polyclinic as the ceo order the staff stationed there to be removed.

the staff told me the management don't walk the ground how they know the elderly don't know how to use.

then a few months later, they put staff at the touchscreen station as i think many people complain.

the pap is finished they can't solve basic problems and create new problems for the people like selling plastic bag and soon empty cans.

keekeekee

(04-07-2023, 05:01 PM)sgh Wrote:  That is why someone very early on coined this classic phrase "In Spore better to be dead than fall sick". So if fall sick (terminal kind) best to faster end your life. A bit brutal but quite true in reality as Spore progresses.

For terminal kind if really no adequate insurance really is true as the subsidized C Class service hospital care is horrendous.

If normal outpatient or recoverable inpatient illness I think still better to fall sick then to die - While it's definitely very uncomfortable and troublesome, still better than being dead IMO.

Many might gg Bedok reservoir

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(04-07-2023, 05:19 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  For terminal kind if really no adequate insurance really is true as the subsidized C Class service hospital care is horrendous.

If normal outpatient or recoverable inpatient illness I think still better to fall sick then to die - While it's definitely very uncomfortable and troublesome, still better than being dead IMO.

Reason is as you stay alive, the govt in a way need to 'feed' you if you are dead-broke. This comes from taxpayers monies.

(04-07-2023, 05:13 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  the bedok polyclinic force the elderly to use the touchscreen to register but they don't know how to use resulting in long queues outside the polyclinic as the ceo order the staff stationed there to be removed.

the staff told me the management don't walk the ground how they know the elderly don't know how to use.

then a few months later, they put staff at the touchscreen station as i think many people complain.

the pap is finished they can't solve basic problems and create new problems for the people like selling plastic bag and soon empty cans.

keekeekee

Yea it's one of those idiotic bureaucratic nonsense. CEO commits to XX% of transactions being digitalized by certain timeline in their scorecards, so in order to meet those KPIs they would rather do stupid things like put up the machines then hire people to stand beside to press for senior citizens even if the whole thing ends up more inefficient and costly.

Like that on paper all these poorly managed processes can still be classified as high tech and digitalized during annual audit and reporting.

i know the fat doctor last time head of bedok polyclinic, i see him for around 10 years.

the last time i saw him he shake my hand then i found out he resigned, it was at the ntuc that time.

i think he gave up because in healthcare there is a lot of red tape.

the private sector has more money and less stressful because the gov created the condition for it to become like that.

not regulating insurance and drug prices is suicidal thinking the market will adjust itself.

those doctors who knows what is wrong keep quiet to avoid trouble so u see prices keep rising and service level keep dropping.

keekeekee

(04-07-2023, 05:01 PM)sgh Wrote:  That is why someone very early on coined this classic phrase "In Spore better to be dead than fall sick". So if fall sick (terminal kind) best to faster end your life. A bit brutal but quite true in reality as Spore progresses.
We are a first world country and Singapore coming to such a stage is terrible. Something wrong with governance.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

the gov has turn public healthcare into a rat race.

most of the doctors in the hospital are aiming to be promoted via research papers so they suck up to the department professor.

the happiest place in cgh is ironically the c class wards.

my father was warded there.

you can feel the energy in the ward between the doctors and nurses.

the c class ward is for the poorest in singapore yet it is the happiest place in cgh.

the staff care less about being promoted, their purpose in life is to help the worst off in society.

keekeekee

I walked past my GP on Sunday and was taken aback! Not a single patient at 11am? My estate has quite alot of old folks and often the que is 20 by 11am.

(04-07-2023, 04:39 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  SGP can die can't get sick.

even die also not cheap.

The govt made it so. Die is better than getting sick.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(04-07-2023, 06:13 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I walked past my GP on Sunday and was taken aback! Not a single patient at 11am? My estate has quite alot of old folks and often the que is 20 by 11am.

Maybe old folks more or less die finish already so left small group hence no queue? Or some prefer self medication buy Panadol , cough syrup DIY?

Some HDB units are allotted specifically for medical clinics. This means doctors will have to bid for it themselves.

Rental should be controlled.

For the doctors in the hospital, is one doctor allocated to only one doctor? The doctor is always busy when you wish to visit her when you are free. Asked to change cannot. You go private everything will be solved immediately.

(04-07-2023, 05:01 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  yes its out of control and the gov has no will to do the right thing Sad

instead healthier sg a smokescreen that would probably increase prices further since it is a subsidy.

keekeekee
Angry Angry Angry

(04-07-2023, 05:41 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  i know the fat doctor last time head of bedok polyclinic, i see him for around 10 years.

the last time i saw him he shake my hand then i found out he resigned, it was at the ntuc that time.

i think he gave up because in healthcare there is a lot of red tape.

the private sector has more money and less stressful because the gov created the condition for it to become like that.

not regulating insurance and drug prices is suicidal thinking the market will adjust itself.

those doctors who knows what is wrong keep quiet to avoid trouble so u see prices keep rising and service level keep dropping.

keekeekee
Angry Angry Angry

(04-07-2023, 04:39 PM)A2Z Wrote:  can't even get a slot to see doc at polyclinic! walk in definitely no more slots. book online via apps also all taken up. only way is just die.
crying

There are at least 5 areas that Fake DEveloped Country is falling behind others

Once we catch- up, SG will have the MOST Expensive Medical in the World

Waiting for the Idiotic Malaysian Traitor to say FREE Medical and Housing in his threads

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?