Can sinopharm be booster jab?

(14-02-2022, 12:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You're a fan of big neh neh? Or it's a fake Amy Yip hahaha

Same writing style like her.

(14-02-2022, 12:18 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Novavax is approved today. Should be able to use as booster. Heng ah
I hv 2nd thought on Novavax even though it is non-mRNA vaccine.  During their vaccine manufacturing process, WHO did not approve it due to some lapse of safety protocols.  Also, NOVAVAX is only a small pharmaceutical co.  Hv to be very careful in choosing the right type of
vaccine.

(14-02-2022, 12:25 PM)debono Wrote:  How do you know he really it OYK.......he is minister grade leh........

I emailed to his email address at moh. Some one replied and did not say he is not Ong.

Usually when I email my MP, the person who replied will say his name and destination.

So I assume it was Ong unless someone impersonated him. His style was casual like a boss, not official as you would expect when a kar kia replied.

I think it is him because he replied late at night. He did say in his FB he goes through his emails at night.

Whatever. If not him, then so be it.

(14-02-2022, 10:32 AM)RichDad Wrote:  The 3rd Sinovac is not considered as a booster. You need a 4th jab as booster. TS asked whether it can be a Sino vaccine. I thought cannot, at least according to what the MOH website says.

If can, I sure go for Sinovac as I had 3 jabs like you...  last till Sep

Yes the third shot was to fulfill their 31 Dec requirements... according to them we can continue to do so for fourth... unless MU interpretation is wrong

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/vaccinat...ster-doses

However, those who received the Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine as their third vaccine dose should do so at three months thereafter, due to lower antibody levels generated by the third vaccine dose.

Me called the clinic that administered the third shot to register at vaccine.sg website ... so awaiting response for unique code to register

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(14-02-2022, 10:15 AM)Clyde Wrote:  If cannot take Sinopharm as booster, I will just skip everything. See the among of sufferings my son is going through, enough is enough. The doctors at the vaccination centre are very irresponsible to recommend him to take the jab even though he complained of heart pain for the earlier dose.

just wondering if those doctors get any "shared commission" or have any KPI target for the number of people taking P & M

(14-02-2022, 10:05 AM)sporeguy Wrote:  My sister and I wrote to MOH - and the answer is YES.

Our first 2 shots were Pfizer

3× pfizer or 3 chinese + 1 angmoh.

(14-02-2022, 06:18 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  just wondering if those doctors get any "shared commission" or have any KPI target for the number of people taking P & M
IMHO I don't think the doctors get 'shared commission' from the vaccination.  I am unhappy to note that when you had told the doctor that your son had heart pain after his second jab, but the doctor had dismissed it as unimportant, and had the vaccine administrated....

Ultimately, most will jab sinopharm vaccine

Laughing

(13-02-2022, 11:39 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  i had 2 pitzer jabs and my 3rd jab was sinopharm booster.  No issues.
Same for me...... Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Teeth53's post

(14-02-2022, 06:30 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  Ultimately, most will jab sinopharm vaccine

No, ultimately most will jab whichever the one govt asked them to jab. You've underestimated the 60%.

(14-02-2022, 06:26 PM)debono Wrote:  IMHO I don't think the doctors get 'shared commission' from the vaccination.  I am unhappy to note that when you had told the doctor that your son had heart pain after his second jab, but the doctor had dismissed it as unimportant, and had the vaccine administrated....

they are following SOP from hospital and clinic

Singapore allows private healthcare providers to bring in the Sinopharm vaccine as it is on the WHO Emergency Use.

Free Sinopharm vaccine for 1,000 seniors at Healthway clinics from ...

7 Sept 2021 — SINGAPORE - Seniors who prefer the Sinopharm vaccine can get free ... OUE to sponsor full vaccination for 1,000 seniors aged 60 and above
[url=https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/free-sinopharm-vaccine-for-1000-seniors-at-healthway-clinics-from-sept-8&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwivssGftv_1AhUC7XMBHfn7B5MQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Ep2_nYFPuTc4YRfFeamzT][/url]

7 Sept 2021 — SINGAPORE - Seniors who prefer the Sinopharm vaccine can get free ... OUE to sponsor full vaccination for 1,000 seniors aged 60 and above

(14-02-2022, 07:40 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Same for me...... Smile
2 pitzer jabs and my 3rd jab was sinopharm booster. (And my 2nd jab sinopharm,....Aug 2022)

I take sinopharm third jab botaichi. My maid take moderna booster then second day unwell.

(14-02-2022, 10:41 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Singapore allows private healthcare providers to bring in the Sinopharm vaccine as it is on the WHO Emergency Use.

Free Sinopharm vaccine for 1,000 seniors at Healthway clinics from ...

7 Sept 2021 — SINGAPORE - Seniors who prefer the Sinopharm vaccine can get free ... OUE to sponsor full vaccination for 1,000 seniors aged 60 and above

Private firm donate to 1000 sinkees seniors (2x1000) then same time sinkapoor donated to 100,000 indons

https://voi.id/en/news/84131/riau-island...foundation

Got a reply from MOH but not from Ong.

They say Sinovac cannot be a booster. Sinopharm or novavax can but Sinopharm you pay yourself.

So Sinovac kena marked Jialat jialat. No choice, take novavax then.

(16-02-2022, 09:08 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Got a reply from MOH but not from Ong.

They say Sinovac cannot be a booster. Sinopharm or novavax can but Sinopharm you pay yourself.

Sinobac and sinopharm are very similar.

(16-02-2022, 09:08 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Got a reply from MOH but not from Ong.

Novavax had issues with WHO and is a small company, therefore the best choice for the booster shot is Sinopharm.........
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Hope the updated Sino versions for omicron will be available by the 2nd half of 2022.

And WHO approval of non-mRNA nasal vaccines too as it will provide further protection.
Putin had his nasal "sniff" last Nov and I believe Xi also had his since both met in Beijing recently w/o mask on.

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/art...s-strategy

Putin confirms he took new nasal Covid-19 vaccine
https://www.rt.com/russia/541186-putin-t...d-vaccine/
Quote:The nasal formula was developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute and is based on the country’s flagship Sputnik V vaccine. The institute’s head of microbiology, Denis Logunov, revealed that early research shows it could decrease the chances of infection, at a meeting with Putin on Sunday.

According to him, the use of the nasal version “is a convenient way to deliver a vaccine – it is painless, with an absolute minimum of side effects.”

Logunov went on to say that “after primary vaccination [by injection], you have systemic immunity, but after additional intranasal immunization, you create an additional immune barrier in the upper respiratory tract.

Studies of the formula are expected to be conducted into 2022, he added.

Dear All,

As I have shared Sinopharm can be taken as a booster shot. My vaccination status maintained after 14 Feb.

Must read between the lines:

According to MOH if you had taken Pfizer or Moderna as your primary vaccines then Sinovac/Sinopharm WOULD NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE to you - note the phrase NOT AVAILABLE. It's not the same as NOT RECOGNISED.

So if you want to take FREE booster shot from the National Vaccination Programme then Sinovac/Sinopharm are not available to anyone who had Pfizer or Moderna jabs.

BUT if you insist on taking Sinopharm jab as the booster shot then you have BUY from a PRIVATE CLINIC.

(16-02-2022, 10:11 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  Dear All,

As I have shared Sinopharm can be taken as a booster shot. My vaccination status maintained after 14 Feb.

Must read between the lines:

According to MOH if you had taken Pfizer or Moderna as your primary vaccines then Sinovac/Sinopharm WOULD NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE to you - note the phrase NOT AVAILABLE. It's not the same as NOT RECOGNISED.

So if you want to take FREE booster shot from the National Vaccination Programme then Sinovac/Sinopharm are not available to anyone who had Pfizer or Moderna jabs.

BUT if you  insist on taking Sinopharm jab as the booster shot then you have BUY from a PRIVATE CLINIC.
You are on the right track.  Thks for sharing this info.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post