MP Raeesah Khan admits police station visit not true

Tai chi toa teow liao....

MP Raeesah Khan admits police station visit not true, reveals she was sexually assaulted at 18

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/mp-rae...-assaulted

The Workers' Party (WP) MP Raeesah Khan has apologised in Parliament on Monday (Nov 1), saying she "was not present" at the police station during the sexual assault case she alleged was mishandled by the police.

She also revealed that she is a sexual assault survivor. 

“I should not have shared the survivor’s story without her consent, nor should I have said that I accompanied her to the police station when I had not.
It was wrong of me to have done so,” the 27-year-old told the House.

On Aug 3, while taking part in a debate on empowering women, Raeesah claimed that she had accompanied a 25-year-old rape victim to the police station. In that account, which happened three years ago, she claimed the police officer interviewing the victim had made inappropriate comments about what the victim wore and the fact that she had been drinking.

The exchange in Parliament went viral after the Sengkang MP repeatedly declined to share more details.

The victim's account, Raeesah told the House on Monday, was in fact shared in an anonymous support group for women, but she didn't mention that earlier because she "did not have the courage to publicly admit" she was part of that group.

In her speech today, Raeesah said she was sexually assaulted at age 18 while studying overseas and that the incident traumatised her till today.

"The fear and shame accompanying sexual assault are extreme and long-lasting," she said.

She shared that she "did not have the courage" to report her assault but urged survivors of sexual violence to do so. As a survivor, Raeesah said she wanted to speak up and share this account she heard when speaking on the Motion on Empowering Women.

She extended her apologies to the survivor she quoted, the Singapore Police Force, Parliament, her constituents, WP members and volunteers, her family and her parents.

On Oct 20, the police said they could not identify the sexual assault case that Raeesah raised in Parliament in August. "We cannot confirm that such an incident actually took place," the police said in a statement, adding that she didn't respond to provide more details on the case.

A few weeks earlier on Oct 7, the Criminal Investigation Department's Serious Sexual Crime Branch, which investigates rape offences, had emailed Raeesah, requesting to arrange an interview with by Oct 14. 

On Oct 4, Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam had urged her to share more details of the alleged incident, including the rough date, police station as well as the police officers involved.

Bye-election soon?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

We don't need a MP dramatising lies in parliament..
Even if it is from opposition party..

She is just trying to destroy SG police image over fake speech.
From labelling fake Chinese preveiledge to fake witnessing police report...
Touching on very sensitive issues, race, religion and weaker gender.

Ah Pritnam must apologise to WP voters and Sgrean for his party MP standards....
This is no good for SG and SG opposition. Especially for WP hard fought image, all wasted IMO !!!!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(01-11-2021, 03:19 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  

Lying ?? Horrible

Where is WP chief?
No sound no shadow yet.

(01-11-2021, 03:20 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Where is WP chief?
No sound no shadow yet.

Thinking how to put it as a honest mistake..
Give chance again...Young la, nevermind

(01-11-2021, 03:19 PM)mrclubbie Wrote:  

So finally my suspicion is correct. She lied to tarnish the image of our men in blues.

Where is Ah Butt?....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Jialat !!

Raeesah Khan referred to Committee of Privileges for breach of parliamentary privilege ..

[Image: 200w.gif]

It is an honest mistake? Thinking
Let move on...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-11-2021, 03:20 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Where is WP chief?
No sound no shadow yet.

IMHO, I would like the leader of the WP to assist Ms Khan in her defense of her case, and not to let the ruling party's MP to demolish her (Ms Khan's ) case .... crying

Lying ..really lying sia

Aqil Haziq Mahmud

01 Nov 2021 02:59PM
(Updated: 01 Nov 2021 03:04PM)

SINGAPORE: Member of Parliament Raeesah Khan (WP-Sengkang) admitted on Monday (Nov 1) that she did not accompany a rape victim to the police station as she had claimed in Parliament, adding that her previous statement on the matter was "untrue".

She also apologised for alleging that the police mishandled the case of the sexual assault victim.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ns-2282856

(01-11-2021, 03:28 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  So finally my suspicion is correct. She lied to tarnish the image of our men in blues.

Where is Ah Butt?....... Rolleyes

ah butt bet on the wrong horse again ah?

(01-11-2021, 03:12 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Bye-election soon?

WHY?  
u think this one the same case as Bukit Batok MP David Ong ya

No worries, minorities will support her whatever Big Grin

Could she be a plant.

(01-11-2021, 03:39 PM)debono Wrote:  IMHO, I would like the leader of the WP to assist Ms Khan in her defense of her case, and not to let the ruling party's MP to demolish her (Ms Khan's ) case .... crying
Well, let's see. 
It's parliament, not facebook. 
There are rules and regulations. 
Lying admitted. 
Not so easy to get away.

If Ah Singh dun handle properly, WP will be destroyed by this woman!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(01-11-2021, 03:20 PM)moonrab Wrote:  We don't need a MP dramatising lies in parliament..
Even if it is from opposition party..

She is just trying to destroy SG police image over fake speech.
From labelling fake Chinese preveiledge to fake witnessing police report...
Touching on very sensitive issues, race, religion and weaker gender.

Ah Pritnam must apologise to WP voters and Sgrean for his party MP standards....
This is no good for SG and SG opposition. Especially for WP hard fought image, all wasted IMO !!!!
Not that serious lah, you dumbass!

Certainly not as serious as the daily deaths from Covid mishandled strategy of Living with Covid

(01-11-2021, 03:51 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Could she be a plant.

The whole WP is a plant!

(01-11-2021, 03:39 PM)debono Wrote:  IMHO, I would like the leader of the WP to assist Ms Khan in her defense of her case, and not to let the ruling party's MP to demolish her (Ms Khan's ) case .... crying

WP should help her defend her lies to tarnish image of SPF with lies???  Angry

who so goondo to assault her? 鸡不择食?

Anyway, I just watched the video posted here and after the first 4 minutes, I can safely dump her and the whole WP down the rubbish chute

When the country is raging with Covid and the mishandling, this woman and WP busy themselves with such stupiak topic as RAPE!

In modern times, RAPE is a very emotional matter and this gender divide thing needs to be addressed when the country is less burdened with this life and death Covid thing

Think just sack her from parliament and move on

We have better things to do

And more serious things to do than discussing abt empowering women

Empower kee lan lah..

Focus on Covid, dumbasses WP!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

She is under pressure as they die die want her to give name.

Also, it distracted from the main issue of police interview process- how to improve and prevent malpractices.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Chop her off or WP will perish soon.
[+] 3 users Like RichDad's post

could it be an honest mistake ?

CCS said that not sick, no need to wear mask.

Leader of the Opposition now gathered lot of shit to clear.

Why Khan want to tarnish Men in Blue ? 5-Whys needed to answer this critical question. Will reveal her other 'ulterior' intentions??

(01-11-2021, 04:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  She is under pressure as they die die want her to give name.

Also, it distracted from the main issue of police interview process- how to improve and prevent malpractices.

You are defending a LIAR!