Scripture readings for today

(30-04-2024, 03:29 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, I don't even believe King David did all those heinous crimes.

I already told you. I believe all prophets are sinless.

Jesus already warned us beware of false prophets

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(30-04-2024, 03:02 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  So why do you find it wrong that God would instruct Prophet Muhammad to go to war?

No..Islam is a religion of peace...why would Muh go to war 66 times in 10 years tiok boh!
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pinkpanther's post

(30-04-2024, 02:17 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, our prophet did not kill the children of Israel. They were put to death by a judge of their own choosing. 

How long was Jesus on earth? About 33 years. Of that 33 years, how many were covered by the Gospels? 3. So we don't really know much about him. How to take a role model?

He is not your role model because you treat him as your brother mah.... Big Grin
I will tell you it is more than your inadequate quran ...
You judge Jesus on his doings not on his time on earth! How gullible can you become!

(30-04-2024, 02:40 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Thank you for your kind wishes. 

But let's not use emotions to find God. Our emotions are not exactly the tools we should use for discerning the truth. We must use our brains. Logic and rationale are the premises our brains are on. Use that instead.

Say that to your 200 muslims brothers in gaza...

(30-04-2024, 03:33 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, I am saying you missed the context. 

I already ran through this with you in previous threads. There was a peace treaty with the pagans and they broke it with hostility. So God permits the Prophet to go to war with them. That is the context. 

If you show people the verse without the context, you can fool them into thinking Islam says to kill people who are not Muslims. Is that what you're trying to do?

I fool who? Like how you fool everyone by saying moses ordered the killings? Did you not read before coming to your own?

Anyway...if the verses are in accurate...take the hadith version then!

(30-04-2024, 02:45 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  FYI.

Our prophet said we cannot do a lot of things in battles, like killing innocent civilians, damaging buildings, burning crops, killing livestock except to eat, harm monks and priests. 

Now, compare that to the Old Testament orders in battles. Which one is more humane?

Really....Yet there are two buildings missing in downtown Manhattan

(30-04-2024, 02:28 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I can show you better, Christians become Muslims after knowledge has come to them. 

Dreams are not tangible, not guaranteed. Some people don't even dream. It cannot be the mode of delivering the message God would choose. What is the mode God has chosen for delivering the message all along? Via messengers in broad daylight, clear for all to see.

Did your allah message u?
If so post it here for all to see

☝️

(30-04-2024, 08:33 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Did your allah message u?
If so post it here for all to see

Not the truth..so no answer!!
The number you call is not getting any response...pls try again later!
Or the number you call is no longer in service! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

Muslims in sg greet each other in arabic but no one seems to speak the language....how odd!

Just imagine all chinese here all took up a religion from Japan...we all greet each other ohayo gozaimasu ....and a Japanese tourist came along asking for directions in nihongo....we replied " sorry I don know Japanese language"....the Japanese tourist scratches his head and lament :" I thought you just greeted me in japanese"

(30-04-2024, 08:36 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Not the truth..so no answer!!
The number you call is not getting any response...pls try again later!
Or the number you call is no longer in service! Big Grin

Might get from scammer saying he is god transfer money to him

☝️

(30-04-2024, 09:09 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Might get from scammer saying he is god transfer money to him

God still need money... Rotfl

(30-04-2024, 01:50 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I don't mock. I ask questions and I give my opinions on why I don't believe in Christianity. And I do all that respectfully.

I can also pretend to be "respectful" but I don't believe in being a hypocrite, so I will tell you again, I can give you plenty to fill up your mother's mouth, why I don't wish to follow your Muh.

If your mother's mouth is not big enough, you can pass some to your daughters.  And I will tell you, I am not mocking.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(30-04-2024, 08:48 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Muslims in sg greet each other in arabic but no one seems to speak the language....how odd!

Just imagine all chinese here all took up a religion from Japan...we all greet each other ohayo gozaimasu ....and a Japanese tourist came along asking for directions in nihongo....we replied " sorry I don know Japanese language"....the Japanese tourist scratches his head and lament :" I thought you just greeted me in japanese"

Arabic seems to often start with Al.

Like Aljunied Road.  Even their mosques have the Al in front.  Al something something Al something something Masjid.  And their god is Al-lah

So I often hear the greeting Alsaalam Muhalaykoom.  I suppose Alsaalam is Arabic with the obligatory Al in front for Shalom which I understood to mean "peace".

As for Muhalaykoon, I am not sure if it means (Peace be upon) Muh.

In edmw, you'd get NTUC points if you call Ali's a Religion of Peace.  He'd reported members a countless number of taims for that.  He took umbrage with edmwers using that term because he considers that to be mocking him.  Only he is allowed to mock Christians and Christianity which he did relentlessly in edmw.

(30-04-2024, 02:45 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  FYI.

Our prophet said we cannot do a lot of things in battles, like killing innocent civilians, damaging buildings, burning crops, killing livestock except to eat, harm monks and priests. 

Now, compare that to the Old Testament orders in battles. Which one is more humane?

See how you mock the OT?

But when your Quran is unable to answer a lot of things, you'd cherry-pick from the OT to replace the dotted lines.  Go and watch YouTube videos of scholars who can read and understand Arabic, and see how they demolished the Quran.. your mother didn't give you bors to watch?

(30-04-2024, 03:29 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, I don't even believe King David did all those heinous crimes.

I already told you. I believe all prophets are sinless.

First off, David was not a prophet.  How do you expect me to become a Moslem and go around calling David a prophet?

Second:  Muhammad was never a prophet.  I could say he was a warmonger though.  So that's another reason for me to not become a Moslem because Muh had many character flaws, and I am not about to learn to live like him.

Third:  Jesus is not a prophet and one who is even lesser than Muh.  For me to hero-worship Muh like you do, and place Christ below that polygamist is blasphemy.  I am not selling my soul.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. 

And you say that all prophets are sinless.  That is calling God a liar.  Do you even realise what religion you are following when you say such a thing?  God said all have sinned.  You say all prophets are sinless.

I humbly and respectfully request that you reconsider what religion you are following in light of the above which I have taken time off to share with you.

(30-04-2024, 09:43 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Arabic seems to often start with Al.

Like Aljunied Road.  Even their mosques have the Al in front.  Al something something Al something something Masjid.  And their god is Al-lah

So I often hear the greeting Alsaalam Muhalaykoom.  I suppose Alsaalam is Arabic with the obligatory Al in front for Shalom which I understood to mean "peace".

As for Muhalaykoon, I am not sure if it means (Peace be upon) Muh.

In edmw, you'd get NTUC points if you call Ali's a Religion of Peace.  He'd reported members a countless number of taims for that.  He took umbrage with edmwers using that term because he considers that to be mocking him.  Only he is allowed to mock Christians and Christianity which he did relentlessly in edmw.

Anything that starts with Al is Arabic....Ali baba, Aladdin, Alice in wonderland  Big Grin
Somehow or rather...I get a feeling moslems do not openly discuss on the topic sins!!.
Or they chose not to... Thinking

Islam is a religion of peace.. Big Grin they ownself proclaim one lah...
Why would he take umbrage if he does not believe Islam to be the religion of peace?
How to find what he post in edmw? I don see any post related to religion!

Let him say whatever he wants lah....he will be sad if he is chuck in one corner Big Grin

(30-04-2024, 10:09 AM)Oyk Wrote:  First off, David was not a prophet.  How do you expect me to become a Moslem and go around calling David a prophet?

Second:  Muhammad was never a prophet.  I could say he was a warmonger though.  So that's another reason for me to not become a Moslem because Muh had many character flaws, and I am not about to learn to live like him.

Third:  Jesus is not a prophet and one who is even lesser than Muh.  For me to hero-worship Muh like you do, and place Christ below that polygamist is blasphemy.  I am not selling my soul.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. 

And you say that all prophets are sinless.  That is calling God a liar.  Do you even realise what religion you are following when you say such a thing?  God said all have sinned.  You say all prophets are sinless.

I humbly and respectfully request that you reconsider what religion you are following in light of the above which I have taken time off to share with you.

Swee....KO!

(30-04-2024, 10:09 AM)Oyk Wrote:  First off, David was not a prophet.  How do you expect me to become a Moslem and go around calling David a prophet?

Brothers, I can tell you with confidence that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that He would place one of his descendants on his throne. - Acts 2:29-30

(30-04-2024, 08:33 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Did your allah message u?

Yes, but not just to me. To all. 

The Quran is the message from Allah to mankind. And Allah has promised to preserve it (Quran 15:9). We can tell you with knowledge that the Quran is preserved as promised.
صَدَقَ اللّٰهُ الْعَظِيْم

(30-04-2024, 10:17 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Anything that starts with Al is Arabic....Ali baba, Aladdin, Alice in wonderland  Big Grin
Somehow or rather...I get a feeling moslems do not openly discuss on the topic sins!!.
Or they chose not to... Thinking

Islam is a religion of peace.. Big Grin they ownself proclaim one lah...
Why would he take umbrage if he does not believe Islam to be the religion of peace?
How to find what he post in edmw? I don see any post related to religion!

Let him say whatever he wants lah....he will be sad if he is chuck in one corner Big Grin

At EDMW, there are rules. Mocking other people's religion is breaking a rule. A few liked doing that, using their term "rop" to mock the religion. I reported them. The moderators agreed and they got infracted with points.

No, my feelings are not hurt. After more than a decade of doing this in SG, I've developed callous. I'm not easily offended any longer. It took a while but I am here.

On the flip side, people like OYK will also complain to the moderators saying I am mocking their religion. The moderators disagreed. I was never infracted by any of my thousands of religious postings. That means I am not mocking your religion OYK.

(30-04-2024, 07:47 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Really....Yet there are two buildings missing in downtown Manhattan

Yes really. Our prophet made it clear. We cannot harm innocent civilians in battles. Any Muslims who committed that crime must be brought to court and prosecuted, preferably using the Hudud law and not the kind of penal law we heard of in Norway where Brevik is imprisoned with a PlayStation in his cell after killing so many innocent people.

(30-04-2024, 07:22 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Jesus already warned us beware of false prophets

That warning given by Jesus can mean 2 things.

1. There will be false prophets after him. That is the clear meaning.
2. There will be another prophet after him. We can infer that because if there are to be no more prophets after him, he can easily say any who claim prophethood after him are false prophets. No need for any other description.

(30-04-2024, 03:28 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Sahih al-Bukhari and the Sahih Muslim are ranked as the most reliable sources of ahadith. The isnads are not included. No index is included but the table of contents is very detailed.

Yes, both collections are accepted as reliable. I'm not questioning the Hadith. I am asking if you have checked with our scholars on the explanation of that Hadith.

Hadith must also be explained using context and because of the meticulous record keeping of the early Muslims, we today can be certain of the context, like the why, who, what, when, where, and so on.

(30-04-2024, 07:34 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I fool who? Like how you fool everyone by saying moses ordered the killings? 

The soldiers did the killing under the orders of their commander, the prophet who was instructed by God. I am not wrong to say that albeit I only said order from Prophet Moses part because we were discussing your double standard, remember?

(30-04-2024, 02:17 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The soldiers did the killing under the orders of their commander, the prophet who was instructed by God. I am not wrong to say that albeit I only said order from Prophet Moses part because we were discussing your double standard, remember?

God instructed moses....did Allah instruct muh in all the wars? If yes..show me

(30-04-2024, 02:24 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  God instructed moses....did Allah instruct muh in all the wars? If yes..show me

An example of the instruction (I prefer permission) is in the verse you have quoted many times already, 9:5.

(30-04-2024, 02:29 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  An example of the instruction (I prefer permission) is in the verse you have quoted many times already, 9:5.

The Messenger of God called Zaynab, and said, "Did you poison the shoulder?" She said, "Who told you?" He replied, "The shoulder." She said, "Yes." He asked, "What persuaded you to do that?" She said, "You killed my father, my uncle and my husband. You took from my people what you took. I said to myself: If he is a prophet he will be informed. The sheep will inform him of what I did. If he is a king, we will be relieved of him."[8]: 334

What was your great prophet thinking of? Getting real complacent and arrogant after killing someone's family huh? .....of cos, muh didn't die immediately but the poison was slowly killing him.....Because he failed to think properly...as a result his ally consumed the meat and mati!

And he is a mirror of your quran? You know where you will be going come judgement day ....

(30-04-2024, 02:38 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The Messenger of God called Zaynab, and said, "Did you poison the shoulder?" She said, "Who told you?" He replied, "The shoulder." She said, "Yes." He asked, "What persuaded you to do that?" She said, "You killed my father, my uncle and my husband. You took from my people what you took. I said to myself: If he is a prophet he will be informed. The sheep will inform him of what I did. If he is a king, we will be relieved of him."[8]: 334

What was your great prophet thinking of? Getting real complacent and arrogant after killing someone's family huh? .....of cos, muh didn't die immediately but the poison was slowly killing him.....Because he failed to think properly...as a result his ally consumed the meat and mati!

That is your opinion of the story. I have a different opinion. Apparently, we are both biased, on opposite sides. So we need to ask other people's opinions, historians, or learned people who have studied the life of the prophet, and with no apparent bias.

I recommend Karen Armstrong.

(30-04-2024, 02:38 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  And he is a mirror of your quran?

Yes, so said Aisha.

If that is not true, Islam is not true and if Islam is not true, it would have died off already, especially in the modern world today. The rigors of practicing Islam, aka the narrow gate, if it is not a convincingly true religion, would have disappeared. If we are not convinced Islam is true, we won't bother to get up at 5 am every day.

Yet, we need even more mosques in Singapore and places like Sweden and Norway because Islam is growing everywhere.

(30-04-2024, 02:43 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  That is your opinion of the story. I have a different opinion. Apparently, we are both biased, on opposite sides. So we need to ask other people's opinions, historians, or learned people who have studied the life of the prophet, and with no apparent bias.

I recommend Karen Armstrong.

Really...you want to seek opinions of others?
I was about to praise muh because he did not ask for the Jewish lady to be killed...he released her and I respect him for that..but then you so fast turned tail and offered me opinions of others... Big Grin